[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a degree

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: official Master's degree.png (65KB, 706x674px) Image search: [Google]
official Master's degree.png
65KB, 706x674px
What about you robots?
>>
MPhil in Physics
>>
i have a motorcycle and a guitar
>>
>>35909927

Play us a song anon.

>>35909916

>he fell for the STEM meme
>>
File: angry wojak.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
angry wojak.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
history

at least i didnt fall for the STEM meme?
>>
>>35909927
shit, missed your reply. hang on, it's simple but pretty damn groovy
>>
File: photo.jpg (153KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
153KB, 900x900px
>>35910503

>tfw biology degree
>tfw comfy quality assurance lab technician job out of an allograft manufacturing site
>tfw when I get to work with dead tissue and run experiments on them
>tfw I get to brag to my friends about how interesting my job is
>tfw it can only go up from here.
>>
>>35909900
I have 3. Considering a 4th but more than likely I'll move on to getting master's or PHD in my current fields.
>>
>>35910621
>>35910397
woah there i've really done it now. anyway, i've been getting back to basics guitar-wise and it's actually very interesting to work with. i can't get this track out of my head. it's from the stones

https://instaud.io/QBd
>>
>>35910797

That was unironically enjoyable.
>>
I have 2 bachelors degrees currently working on a 3rd

>Sociology
>Computer science
>soon Mathematics
>>
>>35911170

>sociology

Why? My god why?
>>
>>35911304
Because I found it interesting at the time, bad for employment though obviously and I could have just read up on it my free time instead but whatever.
>>
PhD in Computer Science.

Needless to say, I'm unemployed.
>>
>>35911170
>three bachelors
Literally why?
>>
The only part of STEM that will get you a job is the T and the E

t. Geologist
>>
>>35911495
What was your research area?
>>
>>35909900
Why yes I have toilet paper too.
>>
>>35911531

Algorithmic game theory, I guess. But even that makes it sounds more useful than it actually is.

I proved a dozen complexity results for a model of games no one is actually going to use for anything.
>>
>>35911568
It's something I guess, that hard to find a job?
Where did you do phd?
>>
>>35911352

It was interesting to me as well. And then I ran into the critical theory circlejerk. I turned away from it and never looked back.
>>
File: IMG_2975.jpg (26KB, 399x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2975.jpg
26KB, 399x489px
>>35910503

>I'm doing a history degree

y-you're crying because your well paying job doesn't give you enough free time right?
>>
>>35911568
I am about to go to uni to study software engineering, considering I have to move across the country to do this and i'm poor, is it worth it or should I try get an electrical apprenticeship or join the military? live in aus btw
>>
>>35911170
Jeez, I have trouble with my first study and only study it to get a job and earn money with a "skill" I didn't have because I just learning old exams without understanding anything of it.
>tfw 2nd semester computer science, can't understand programming or math, still good grades because professors are too lazy to change their exams.
>>
File: why.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
65KB, 285x276px
Economics
It was a mistake
>>
>>35911591

At Oxford.

>that hard to find a job?

For me, in any case. Everyone else in my office seems to be doing fine, but I couldn't even land an internship. I think the choice is coming down to join the army, or go back to school for another degree.
>>
>>35911672

Maybe you should ask successful people for advice. From where I'm at the best strategy seems to be killing yourself.
>>
>>35909900
I do. I got my degree and I never so much as applied for a job. Eventually I decided to go to grad school for fun.
>>
>>35911855
>phd in cs form oxford
>can't find job
wth, have you applied to us companies?
>>
>>35911884

Yeah. I've been in the job market for two years now, I applied to a lot of places. I've had some interviews, a handful progressed to stage two, but no offers of employment.
>>
>>35911920
>stage two
don't even get me started on that bullshit, even entry level shit has four stage interviews these days. It's crazy
>>
>>35911920
That sucks, where did you interview at?
>>
I have one year left at my uni to finish my degree in Communication Studies. Not completely useless, but no idea what I'm going to do with it.

One option is to pursue broadcasting. I've been interning at PBS this past semester and it's been a fun hobby. Gonna take some broadcasting classes for shits and giggles next semester.

Other option is the military. I've been thinking Coast Guard and trying to get into their PR/Communications department. Work there for 20 years, get my pension, then spend the rest of my life smoking fatties down on the beach.
>>
>>35911998

Off the top of my head, Jane Street, Google, Verseon. Some others. I started off aiming at hedge funds and consultancy roles. Moved on to software development and biotech. Trying data science now.

I didn't apply to as many academic jobs as perhaps I should have, but that's because they ask for your referee's letters up front, and I don't feel comfortable asking my referees to write dozens of letters for me. I only apply for academic positions if I feel I have a good chance of getting them. And then I don't.
>>
>>35911352
>found it interesting
brainlet
>>
>>35912073

try renaissance technologies.
>>
>>35912164

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I think I applied there before, but can't hurt to try again.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.