[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just tried going to the gym with my brother for the second

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: images-1.jpg (8KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
8KB, 244x206px
I just tried going to the gym with my brother for the second time.
People were making funny of me because I'm older, yet a couple inches shorter and skinny. He started working out two years ago, but anyway, his workout friends were saying stuff like I'm the downgraded version of him, good genetics vs failure genetics, etc All I wanted was to work for some decent biceps and visible abs. Maybe decent legs too. I felt encouraged yesterday, but not much this time.
Is there any way I can just get this to happen at home by the end of summer? I want off this ride.
>>
*fun of. Woops.
>>
I have a buddy who has hopes for the gym. He's trying to bench 200 and lose weight at home before he even steps foot in the place, and because of stories like yours, I believe he has the right idea.
>>
>>35909249
hey robot, normalfag here. Just dont give a fuck about what the chads at the gym think-- you're there for YOU. Set goals and achieve them. Don't be afraid to ask for a spotter on the bench press or anything most people are nicer than you think (just time it well, not when they are in a lift or with headphones on)
>>
>>35909249
Is your name Keaton?

Anyway, point is that Mario is the older brother and he's smaller and he's the protagonist and luigi is not.
>>
You can do it, with some basic exercises with your own weight you should get some mass/definition. If you're skinny, eat a lot (A LOT). You can even make improvised weights, if you don't have any.
I had a street workout park in front of my house, but went to the other one a few minutes away in the night, so fit normies would leave me alone.
>>
His workout friends are cunts. If they are pissing you off you got two options.
A) Start swinging. It's not about winning the fight it's about starting it. Fights are all psychological and gym cunts are all pussies anyway, don't be intimidated by their size. Whatever the outcome they'll be shook mentally and either avoid you or treat you better. Though i am not liable if it turns out they are actually malicious and the generalisation of normie "do you even lift bro" does not apply.
B) Do nothing and continue to live your life thinking you need abs (visible, physical superiority) over real, mental superiority.
But the fuck do i know lol I'm too scared to go outside.
>>
>>35909642
He needs muscles for bitches brainlet
>>
File: 1487456952997.png (184KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487456952997.png
184KB, 800x1280px
>>35909698
Hey fuck you man why would you call me a brainlet, that's not nice. Take it back
>>
>>35909642
Thing is, I _know_ I just need the mental superioritym which I have, but it doesn't seem to matter. All people seem to care about, in _and_ out of the gym, when comparing my brother and I is that he's jacked and my body's mediocre. It's not that I care what they think, but the difference in treatment of him and I is noticeably in hiss favor by people in general. All I want is a little more respect, but I can't start anything physical because my brother is actually nice to me and I can tell at least two would fight back, probably at the same time.
>>
>>35909588
Noted. Thanks, helps out more than you think it does
>>
File: 1426604740953.jpg (57KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1426604740953.jpg
57KB, 550x535px
>>35909249
>I'm older, yet a couple inches shorter and skinny.
i know this feel
>>
>>35909583
Nope, and Luigi is an awkward lanklet though. I see what you're getting at still. I'll remember that for a long time, I needed an analogy like that.
>>
File: 1490087622143.jpg (22KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
1490087622143.jpg
22KB, 382x597px
>>35909801
Yee you want that respek my nigga. For real though perhaps it would do you good to properly study the situation you're in. Specifically the characters involved within in.
For example your brother. You haven't gone into too much detail so i don't know whether he is truly there for you as blood or if he's a normie 'nice' guy faggot. Only you know all the details of your situation so only you are qualified - and not losers like myself on the internet - to make a judgement.
And as for the gay mates, why do they not respect you? What would make them respect you? Gaining the respect of twats isn't what everyone would go for but if it's something you can and want to accomplish then go for it.
Consider your options and if your brother is truly there for you then I'm sure he would put you above his homo pals. You'll figure it out man.
>>
>>35910081
It's not about his faggot workout mates. It's people in general always giving my shit for not having a lot of muscle when my brother does. I always get shit like, "YOU'RE the older one????!" whenever we meet someone new.
>>
File: 1487425202880.jpg (50KB, 499x488px) Image search: [Google]
1487425202880.jpg
50KB, 499x488px
>>35910216
Well... You could always murder your brother.
There's not much more i can say on the matter but let me propose to you that normies are not paragons of the art of conversation. I've realised that most people don't really know what they're doing as social norms and other such things are learnt via exposure rather than methodology. And also you must understand it's almost impossible to empathise with strangers that you know nothing about.
People may always assume you're younger and this may always bother you. But so what if for a couple of minutes after meeting them they thought that? It doesn't effect anything. It's just the law of normie conversation: speak as much as possible because that's what 'being sociable' is. Or so they think anyway. They haven't judged you as inferior because most normies pathologically believe themselves to be virtuous. They just had to say something because that is what they expect of themselves. So try to consider these things and understand that no one in the world let alone r9k can fix this problem for you as only you can reconcile your emotions and your social interaction. I hope I've been of some help as this is all i have to say really.
>>
>>35910598
After meeting us, the joke NEVER gets old for them. They change it up by calling me something like his down syndrome brother. I see what you mean though. I have body confidence issues because of this, so I just want to gain enough muscle to feel decent about myself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.