[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Positive Things

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 200_s.gif (42KB, 353x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42KB, 353x200px
>got a big project I need to stay up through the night and finish by tomorrow
>large quantities of caffeine are a necessity
>I'm out of coffee
>I'm OUT of COFFEE
>walk over to a nearby Starbucks, it's 20 mins until closing, lucky me
>get in line, order the biggest coffee on the menu, but when I go to pay my card is declined
>we try the next machine over, declined
>I nervously laugh and say this has never happened to me before, I'll go outside to the ATM and withdraw some money
>get to ATM, $1.31 available
>I'm fucking broke and I don't get paid until 24th April
>I'm screwed, I'm screwed, staring at the screen in disbelief
>suddenly, there's the Starbucks barista qt at my side
>she quickly turns her head away but I already know she saw the screen
>"we'd actually already started making this when you first placed your order, so it's on the house"
>hands me the coffee I ordered but didn't pay for, smiles and walks back inside

This just happened and I feel so embarrassed and ashamed and I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 25 days, but even that little bit of kindness has really made my month.

Let's have a positive things that have happened to you lately thread.
>>
bump

i learned how to make my soups taste better
>>
File: 1410285406639.gif (12KB, 200x272px) Image search: [Google]
1410285406639.gif
12KB, 200x272px
>getting my driver's license
>figured out my hip's unbalanced, so no more pain when running
>actually think I might keep going to the gym this time
>don't feel like killing those around me or myself these days
On the other hand I'm applying to a technical college just because and I don't really want to do anything, so all together it's just kind of average.
>>
>>35904874
go back there at the same time next week and give the barista an extra large tip
>>
>>35905160
When I get paid I'll definitely be doing that.

>>35905106
This is actually relevant to my story since is pretty much what I'm going to be living on for the next 25 days. Please share your soupy secrets.
>>
>>35905124
start reading
i can't believe that comment was not original
>>
>>35905106
Tell me your original secrets.
>>
>>35904874
I have over fifty books i started reading.

I have all the math books I need to study for placement tests for a major I'm picking this year.

I also recently realised the importance of running daily, lifting too.

I'm thinking about taking up vocal lessons too to help break anxiety of people.
>>
>>35905190
>start reading
What do I read?
>>
>>35905222
Philosophy is always a good start. Try picking up the Dialectic of Enlightenment.
>>
>>35905184
>>35905196

i started making soups because i want to lose weight. apart from working out, i learned from my friends that eating less carbs helps losing weight. he ate carb only once a day and lost 10kg in a month, so since then my dinner is chicken soup

i never liked to use premade soup spices or whatever it's called (MSG), i don't think it's healthy, so i use these

>chicken
>carrot for sweets
>celery (the ones for soup, not the really sharp-tasting ones)
>basil and parsley
>white and black peppers
>onion (red)
>tomato
>egg
>enoki
>salt

and if you want a real dinner to get full
>potato

but still a bit plain, so i learned from my friend that you can use chicken bone
>boil chicken bone separately to get rid of the blood and shit
>rinse, then boil chicken bone with the rest of the soup

if you still don't like it then use MSG i guess, but i prefer a natural chicken taste

>>35905222
i'd say classics, but be careful because most of them will make you feel bad. i can think a few that makes you feel good
>the adventures of tom sawyer and huckleberry finn
>on the road - jack kerouac
or comfy
>norwegian wood - murakami
>>
>>35905410
>boil chicken bone separately to get rid of the blood and shit
>rinse, then boil chicken bone with the rest of the soup

Aha, I'm actually a vegan but the other stuff is really helpful, I'll definitely give them a try, thanks man.

Also, Murakami, nice taste.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.