[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do girls really like guys who play the guitar?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: images.png (7KB, 256x196px)
images.png
7KB, 256x196px
Do girls really like guys who play the guitar?
>>
>>35904519
Yes if they're Chads. Then it doesn't even matter if they actually can play it.
>>
Take steroids, get some new clothes, get laid

It's easy man, meme your way to wherever you need my man
>>
No. It's just another status symbol. I've met numerous Chads who have guitars in their room and they've never, ever touched them. It's basically just a prop for them.
>>
anything you do is impressive if you have a good face
>>
>>35904519
if you're an "alt" guy that has a few tattoos or dresses like you're part of the scene in question. it isn't the 80's/90's anymore so finding goth/punk/alternative girls is rare, sadly. and you do find them they're fucking the guys in "the scene" before you are
>>
>>35904519
Nope
I play guitar and it seems like less people like me since I started but I don't think it's because of it
Also I somewhat look decent (I'd rate myself a 6-7/10 because I don't see myself as myself anymore)
>>
>>35904583
Must be your location anon but there's plenty of slutty hipster girls near me, in faCT my favorite bar is full of them and they are a easy fun lay
>>
I don't like guys because they play the guitar, but if they do play it, then that's a plus I guess?
>>
>>35904519
>tfw mummy told me girls would like me if I played bass

They didn't
>>
>>35904692
>listening to women about what women think they want

Hopefully you learned from your mistake and never fell for that again
>>
>>35904692
Are you even good at bass guitar?
>>
OP here , forgot the add, I play the classic guitar, if it actually changes anything
>>
>>35904788
Hahahahahahahahaha

Classical guitar is worthless

Why the fuck would you do that? Blues/jazz/rock is what it's for. Otherwise you play fucking piano.

What are you playing, flamenco?
>>
>>35904832
Because I like the classical guitar. Also I dont play a specific genre. I play anything I like, its just a hobby
>>
File: skillrex.jpg (40KB, 400x266px)
skillrex.jpg
40KB, 400x266px
it's all 'bout 'dat knob twisting game
>>
>>35904987
Nah, it's because your fingers are too weak to play a dread

How are you going to play anything other than classical on a classical when the timbre of it absolutely hates it. The thing just isn't percussive enough on the top or bottom end to sound right for blues or jazz. The thing likes flamenco and spanish sounding stuff or those stupid pop arangements that play the vocal melody and root notes.
>>
>>35904692
>>35904743
Women love bass players you moran
>>
I fell for the guitar meme many years ago. Turnes out thst while you're busy playing, chad is talking her up with you as cool background.
>>
>>35905131
>I go on 4chan and judge the guitar tastes of random people
>>
>>35905317
Dude do you even write?
>>
If you're a chad you can play one chord and bitches will get wet. If you are a robot you can play technical death metal and you won't impress even the ones who are into metal.
>>
File: 1488210575728.jpg (412KB, 531x961px)
1488210575728.jpg
412KB, 531x961px
>>35905523
>metal
>over the age on 15

The fuck are you even doing?
>>
>>35905523
It might be a matter of comprehensibility,,,
>>
>>35904519
Yes. They like those stupid fuck that keep playing crappy song like 'wonderwall'. Not the real talented guy though.
>>
>>35904692
>He's a bass player
I'm sorry anon but you're never getting girls because of your instrument. I'd love to play with you if you were good though
>>
>>35905561
Metal doesn't exactly have difficult to comprehend phrasing.
>>
>>35905626
I used to put drumsticks in my bag when going to uni just to have girls ask me about being a drummer.
Won't work with a bass but I'm sure "I play bass" is a better line then -
>>
>>35905673
If you don't play funk/jazz bass you're a shit and a waste of time.
>>
Yes, but you need to sing as well.
My friend/old roomate used to sing and play to a girl as his move. Was definitely working for him.
You still need to be able to get a girl over in the first place though.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 306x164px)
download (1).jpg
9KB, 306x164px
>>35905770
>when your voice is way too loud to do that

Sounds excellent when recorded and compressed but irl it is way too fucking loud.
>>
>>35905631
Obviously you don't play an instrument.
>>
>>35904692
You know, my mother told me this about guitar

>you're a great guitarist, and women are attracted to musicians anyway, even if they can't play that well
but mother, I'm fugly
>doesn't matter, women don't care as long as you are a musician playing on the stage

I'm actually pretty good, but I always play alone and I never play in front of anyone. So who knows, maybe she's right, I guess I'll never know.
In case it isn't clear, I didn't start playing to get pussy, I really enjoy playing.
>>
If you play guitar and are ACTUALLY good.
You can either learn to shred and play wicked groovy solos
Or you can learn to sing and and play wonderwall/good riddance and you'll be fine.
If you're ugly or overweight, just learn to dress nicer and wear clothes that properly fit
>>
>>35904519
Not anymore
Girls like guys who can rap
>>
>>35905823
Fucking lol. Metal is usually basicbitch neoclassical phrasing. Extremely easy to comprehend. You have to listen to more genres. Get into fusion and jazz. Otherwise a track like this is just noise to you. Listen to 4:15 on. Metal is simple, just played fast. That's basic shit.

https://youtu.be/QHHpyByjN1E
>>
No, I play guitar. Girls lile DJ's
>>
>>35905769
>>35905673

If you play bass you either gotta learn to slap (bass version of shredding)

or even better learn to play some chocolately smooth bass lines. Girls love it and it's easier to sound more suave and romantic with the instrument. I had a girl over one time and she saw my bass and was like "oh I didn't know you could play guitar :3 can you play something" so I just played something really smooth jazzy groovy and melodic and she was like "omg xD that's so cool" and then we made out later on
>>
>>35905993
If you learn like 6 jamiroquai songs and can play them well then you're good at bass.
>>
they like chads who play guitar. or guys in popular bands. other than that they dont give a shit.
>>
File: BAWHHHHHH.jpg (99KB, 932x1024px)
BAWHHHHHH.jpg
99KB, 932x1024px
>>35905993
>A bassist actually wooing someone with their instrument
>A bassist making out with a real person
>Ever
>>
>>35906140
>he doesn't know about funk bass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIbXfNksqc&sns=em

This dude outshreds and outsouls you.
>>
>>35904519
Depends on the girl's age, the age of the guy, and the girl's situation (type of job, how many friends, personality of her friends, etc.), and, of course, the guy's apperance.

Whether or not the girl likes guitar is almost irrelevant, what is important is how the idea of her liking this guy and his guitar fits in her image she spends every moment portraying in public.

All the variables mentionned above will go through some algorithm running on the girl's intuition, and from this she will either exagerate her appreciation of his guitar, or never look at him again.
>>
>>35906193
But he's a bassist and therefore doesn't get girls
>>
>>35904519
Only Chad see: ed sheeran.
If you're a fuckin dork who can play sick two handed tapping solos then who cares
>>
>>35905131
Are you really that daft and oblivious to the development of basic skills and fundamentals provided by exploring and learning classical guitar concepts? I've been playing classical (artisits such as Carcassi, Carulli and Giuliani) for the past 8 years on a steel string dreadnought... it's quite enjoyable and i recieve a full and clear range of sound with no impediments. You're looking real fucking stupid and totally inexperienced right now.
I'm avin a laff and a giggle m8.
>>
>>35906997
Are you completely ignorant to the difference in timbre between a steel and nylon string guitar?
>>
>>35907057
No, I own both, I'm very aware of the differences between the two varieties, but the mere projection of a classical guitar will never match that of a full bodied steel string without amplification. In most cases even the simple quality of sustain on modern classical guitars is trash. If you can't manage to play classical music properly on a steel string dread you lack some very basic principles of musicianship discipline.
Or I could be wasting breath and energy on a total autist. regardless, I hope you're not an autist/sperglord/aspie. You're probably a cool dude.
If i managed to play classical on steel, when I was a retarded 13 year old, I promise you can if you'd spend some time with it.
>>
File: 39.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>tfw nobody will play bass in my band because they know they'll never get laid
>>
>>35907199
The hell are you even talking about bro. I'm telling homeboy that playing only nylon is a waste of time. Guitar is best with blues, jazz, and rock. If you aren't playing some good flamenco or spanish stuff then classical guitar isn't worth playing. As in you can't play good sounding blues, gypsy jazz, or really percussive stuff in general.

I don't think you fully understood my point in the first place and have extrapolated some retarded shit out of your own assumptions. Never did I say not to learn classical. Just that exclusively playing it is retarded and that your finger strength will be dogshit if that's all you do. I also implied that it's not the guitars forte and that it is better to learn some django or montgomery or srv shit than classical because it just sounds more natural to the instrument than those stupid pop arrangements.

https://youtu.be/v35YhhzCrYk
>>
>>35907285
they'll get laid if you give them groovy bass lines
>>
>>35907199
>>35907057
Also in regards to timbre/color produced through nylon strings in contrast to steel:
If you care to drop the money on some meme-tier elixir strings and adjust the action of a steel string accordingly you can certainly achieve a sound more than suitable for classical playing. Set up the instrument to do the work for you.
>>
File: 1472586977650.jpg (16KB, 480x270px)
1472586977650.jpg
16KB, 480x270px
>>35907330
Tell that to them and get them to join my fugging band!
>>
>>35907313
but guitarbro...you literally said
>hahahahahahahaha
>classical guitar is worthless

What am I supposed to make of this? I didn't know if you meant the instrument, the concepts and practices, or the compositions.
>>
>>35907313
but guitarbro... 8 years of fingerstyle applied to classical has developed my hands into tools of surgical precision.
I just...I don't even own a pick of any kind.
>>
>>35907394
It honestly is useless in the practice of getting chicks which is the original concept of the OP. Playing some pop songs and singing or being able to play naturally with another impresses chicks. Not playing basic itallian dinnertime music.

I can just play along with anyone because I listen to a lot of jazz guitar. I can also sing. Both of these things are more impressive to chicks than fingerpicking songs that they don't even get on a classical guitar.

Do I think classical guitar is useless? No. But it is in the act of garnering female attention.

Does this enlightnen you at all?

Honestly chicks like when you play other people's shit, learn some pop rock songs and SING them. The last thing they want is some music nerd shit.
>>
>>35907518
I play with the side of my thumb like Montgomery.
>>
>>35904519
no. I play guitar and no girls want me. It only works for chads when they play 1 chord and they go "OMG he's so musically talented"
>>
Yes. The same way they like chad with glasses for being "nerdy".
>>
>>35907547
But ackshuallyy...
lol I understand.
Make no mistake though, waltzes can get you in the puzzy. I can attest. Of course she knew musical theory and played too, and that's not the norm in most places.
>>
>>35907698
Yeah, most people aren't very into music. My gf is just impressed at my voice and that I play without having to precompose and think. I wish I had some more classical training but in high school I was REALLY into SRV and Albert Collins- blues guys with no classical training in general. I could use more speed and more chord knowledge. As far as individual notes I can get around. I've found that having a good sense of rhythm gets you far with very few notes nessisary to complete whatever phrasing you were going for.
>>
>>35907851
Also that with rhythm you can make a mistake and then turn it around as an accidental if you know what note you want to end the phrase on and where it is. And using muted notes can make a simple song much more interesting. But that comes when you get into fusion where the bass has a lot of muted notes and percussive plucks.
>>
No. Guitars are for queers. I only like guys with fully-automatic guns.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.