[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like being rich? Are you ever jealous of rich people?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 21

File: Mansion1.jpg (61KB, 794x529px) Image search: [Google]
Mansion1.jpg
61KB, 794x529px
What's it like being rich? Are you ever jealous of rich people?
>>
No, I really hate feeling tied down with materialism. Only thing with being rich is having your own place.
>>
File: private jet.jpg (160KB, 962x962px) Image search: [Google]
private jet.jpg
160KB, 962x962px
>>35901488
But come on, there are other nice stuff associated with money
>>
i want to be rich of the soul, not of material

i want to be wanted, be loved, be lusted for. i want to experience what its like to live as a human being. FUCK money
>>
>>35901622
This, both of my parents make around 100k a year, but they are the most miserable, unfulfilled people I have ever met. They just got divorced last year. Money is bait, used to lure people into carrying overly-stressful jobs
>>
>>35901664
>100k
>rich
Kek
>>
>>35901412
I want to be rich but I want to live relatively minimalistically.
>>
>>35901714
It's pretty good money where I live
>>
Not sure how rich I am, really. It's a slippery definition. But the money hasn't changed me, the pursuit of it has by making me more focused.

Am I happier? Lol no.

Is my lifestyle better? Quite the opposite, I'm now living poorer than ever before
>>
File: Instagram-Rich-Kids91.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Instagram-Rich-Kids91.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>35901739
Yeah but nowhere near private jet level
>>
>>35901733
What are you going to use your money for then?
>>
>>35901751
>It's a slippery definition
Well how much do you earn?
>>
>>35901785
To live comfortably for a long time with low effort.
>>
>>35901775
But what's the fucking point of having a private jet and a mansion? I'm sure it looks and feels great at first, but the novelty wears off fast. That's why rich people are constantly buying shit
>>
Yeah i do get jealous, mostly because they spend it on the most insufferable shit imaginable (a party that costs 100k-1mil)
>>
File: IMG_0492.jpg (18KB, 300x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.jpg
18KB, 300x403px
>>35901796
But what are you going to do with your spare time, brother?
>>
>>35901412
I get resentful of my weak genes, mostly. The things they have are really nice too I guess though.
>>
I think I used to be, but not anymore now that I understand money better. I would like to be wealthy, but I don't think I would like the lifestyle. It seems way too frivolous. For example, a private jet. People think a private jet is a really cool think to have, but they forget things like fuel, maintenance, crew, even leaving the thing in a hangar costs thousands. It just seems like a big waste.
>>
>>35901812
I assume rich people are happier. You can pretty much afford anything
>>
>>35901412
IF I was rich I'd just buy a nice house in a solitary area and eat nice good food everyday, probably have an expensive personal trainer, also some political stuff.
>>
>>35901412
If I was rich I could finally afford weed. I feel like even if I was a millionaire I'd go broke trying to buy pot. Why is pot more expensive than anything I've ever seen?
>>
If I was rich I would never complain again

I wouldn't even need a gf

I'd just move to bumfuck nowhere in a nice cabin with a computer and pay to lay out high speed internet to me, then I'd live modestly alone with my dog and my bodypillow and never have to work again
>>
>>35901857
You can be a neet without being judged if your parents were rich
>>
I was fake rich for like half a year. I blew all the money on a fancy car, a nice apartment, drugs, and hookers.

No regrets
>>
>>35901488
Being rich doesn't mean having material possessions, but having money. What you do with that is entirely up to you.
I hate the feeling of being tied down with having to work for my survival.
>>
>>35901412
i think it would be nice to have so much money that i could live comfortably the rest of my life without working but i don't like to work constantly for that money.
>>
I dont get this money doesn't buy you happyness bullshit
if you are rich
you can afford to have free time
you literally have the time to enjoy life and talk to people
you have the time to learn who you are and make the most of life
>>
>>35901828
Not laboring to enrich other people.
>>
>>35901795
It's funny, I don't consider earnings to be an indicator to being rich. If you spend every dime you earn, your income doesn't matter, you're still broke.

But for me, my income is highly variable since I've been buying and selling assets recently. So if I tell you 500 a year, it sounds impressive but it doesn't tell the real story. That's going to be probably cut in half next year.

Anyway, my point is that there's a lot that goes into the definition of 'rich': income level, net worth, debt load, tax liability, etc.
>>
>>35901976
>with having to work for my survival
Says the robot
>>
>>35901994
I think the attitude comes from the fallacious notion that being rich means buying a lot of shit. It is usually projection from materialistic normies in the rat race. Typical consumer vs investor mindset.
>>
>>35901994
But rich people don't do that, they just use their money to buy a bigger house/boat/pool and never use it because they're too busy wageslaving away
>>
I was briefly having a good income, the biggest salary anyone in my family had the last two generations. It wasn't worth it: pretending to like the people I worked with took more out of me than 900 euro could fill back up. I'm glad they fired me.

I wouldn't want to be "rich" rich either, mostly because of exploitation of workers.
>>
>>35902048
thats dumb
what a waste
i should be rich for them
>>
If any of you want to be poor, please give me money. I am very, very tired of being afraid of not having money.
>>
>>35902048
If you're wageslaving out of necessity, you aren't rich.
>>
>>35901412

Em, what do you call rich? I'm very well off and it doesn't help one bit. I'm still a 5'10 uggo manlet kv at 28. Only decent thing is that I have money to do whatever I want, within reason.

Like this weekend, I'm going to Rome (myself, cause no friends) and staying the weekend only to get out the house. Also last time I was there I got a bucket of mussels from a restaurant on Via Veneto and made the trip 100% worth.

I get jealous of good looking people, or tall people. Mostly good looking people though.
>>
File: raged2.gif (491KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
raged2.gif
491KB, 500x281px
>>35901412
I fantasize of killing them pretty much daily.

I'm actually pretty well off now at 31, I'm the "clawed my way to the top" guy and was a literal hobo once sleeping on the street. Everyone I work with in my world was born into what they have and I smile and nod and play the game but I hate them to fucking death. We are not the same. We're not even the same species. I'm a chameleon in their world who preys on them. They wouldn't last a second without everything they were handed by their parents and standing. They are fucking ignorant. A lot of them don't even have actual initiative, which is precisely why I'm respected in comparison.
>>
>>35902055
Having a high income doesn't make you rich. The lifestyle of someone who earns 100k only marginally differs from someone who makes 25k.
Being rich means being financially independent.
>>
File: 1481744664675.jpg (8KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1481744664675.jpg
8KB, 250x242px
>>35901412
Somewhat envious sometimes.
But I use their lifestyle more as a motivation.
I'm happy that they worked hard and it paid off for them.
I hope to reach that height myself, some day.
>>
>>35902115
Eat a dick you bitch
>>
>>35902118
what's your job lad

originaiiiiii
>>
File: 1487536320856.png (85KB, 373x299px) Image search: [Google]
1487536320856.png
85KB, 373x299px
>>35902118
People like you are who motivate me. Hard working people who earned their money are the best.
I'm happy for you anon.
The people who are born with a silver spoon in their mouths, give a bad name to all wealthy people.
When you have kids some day, just make sure you make your kids earn every little thing, and understand the value of a dollar, then they won't turn out like that.
>>
>>35902144
What about trust fund babbies? I guess that's what OP is referring to rather than the 50yo self made man.
>>
I make about 100k but my family probably has 15 mil in property and business.

It's fine, but you're still stressed daily when you own a business, and the knowledge that you and you alone determine if and how much you get paid can be heavy. Preferable to office worker, but I feel I will probably die younger, and stress + money has caused bad habits with drugs and booze in the past (not bad now).
>>
File: 1482400929916.jpg (8KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1482400929916.jpg
8KB, 255x204px
>>35902235
Well, this is also me
>>35902210
>>
>>35902178
Eight years ago I got into being a salesperson for heavy duty factory work-gear and tools and I did so well at it I became regional sales. Then I moved on from that to help manage the companies new locations opening up in Australia. All the aussies I work with are guys who were running their companies under diff names before we bought them out, cleaned them out and restaffed. I can see why they failed, and I constantly need to push at people to make things profitable. The sheer stubbornness and idiocy of these people is unreal. Even after being bought out they assume they can fuck around and be lazy asses like when their daddy ran things.
>>
File: 1490442714295.jpg (64KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1490442714295.jpg
64KB, 408x408px
Anyone have that pic of that rich trust fund guy and his asian gf/sex slave in the wine cellar?
Makes me wanna kill myself everytime..
>>
>>35902306
i second this
that description peaks my intrest
>>
>>35902237
Ok now imagine the same but without knowing that you'll always have enough money to finance your lifestyle regardless to fall back on.
>>
>>35902434

Not really. I live in Toronto (expensive) and it costs a lot to run a house. My wife doesn't really work, so that 100k has to stretch. I don't live extravagantly, but largely because I've grown out of spending money on stupid shit like heavy nightclub bills. Would rather have friends over.

Still travel at least once a year, though, to Japan (wife from there), Caribbean, weekend trips to NY/Chicago/etc.
>>
>>35901412
Getting rich by yourself would be nice. Being born into it sucks in its own way.
>>
>>35902532
You'll still have at least part of your parents money someday, I assume. I will have to trade in about two decades of my life just to get to were you are (and the risk that it won't work out is substantial)
>>
>>35901412

What do you consider rich? Im not jealous, I'd love to have more money.

>have about $40,000 in total money to my name.
>live pretty comfy but still know I need more if something unexpected and bad happens later.
>>
I have a friend from highschool that was really rich. Parents were millionaires. He's in his 30s now. Never had a job. He raced motocross for years as his main hobby then started going to uni for the fuck of it. He has a phd in philosophy now but doesn't teach or do anything. He's always had a trust fund. He might have gotten his full inheritance by now, i haven't talked to him in a few years. Lives in mansion and has like three cars, nice cars, Porsche 911 last i knew. He also had a separate garage just for all his dirtbikes.
>>
>>35902543
>Being born into it sucks
bullshit
>>
>>35902637
>Never had a job
>implying robots are any different
>>
I had a dream about being rich tonight.

>Won lottery.
>Gave money to some kind jewish man to manage to my money
>Bought myself a comfy normal apartment, furniture etc.
>gf moved in
>built a sick nasty gaming rig and state of the art headphones and microphone so I could make videos for fun
>bought a perfect condition AE86 that I was starting to modify and turn into a sleeper tofu delivery machine
>was just living off of interest and business my jewish partner in crime invested in.
>wake up
>don't even feel upset, just extremely comfy.

I like to think I'd be the humble rich guy, my hobbies are pretty cheap, aside from being an /o/tist but I much prefer older shitboxes or memorable legendary cars over anything bugatti or whatever puts out. I like to think my life wouldn't radically change, just the fact that I'd have a safety net and could actually enjoy life.
>>
>>35902667
It does, though. Wouldn't expect you to understand.
>>
>>35902543

A lot of people who get rich after growing up poor are very insecure and showy.
>>
>>35902306

I need to see this

oreganololo
>>
>>35902591

I'll get exactly half of it someday, but that day will be a terrible one. I've already lost my mom to cancer, and I'd set that $$$ on fire before losing my dad too.
>>
>>35902709
No it doesn't, it only sucks if you let it bother you that you didn't earn it.
>>
>>35901931
not true, the judgment is just viciously social rather than existential
I'm not arguing it's not better
t. "rich" (not "working class", anyway) parents neet
>>
>>35902709
>Being born filthy rich sucks

You know what sucks? Watching your parents work shitty jobs all day just so they can get home tired and broken and put food on the table.
>>
>>35902737
I totally get you. Thing is, my parents will die too someday and it'll be a fucking horrible day - but they'll also leave me nothing.
>>
>>35902798
This, so fucking much this
>>
>>35902798
I don't know what your perception of high paying jobs is but I know it's wrong
I wasn't raised by my parents, because they both worked from 6AM to 10PM every single day.
>>
>>35902824
>I don't know what your perception of high paying jobs is but I know it's wrong
Fuck off and die

t. other
>>
I find it unfair that rich NEETs aren't judged by society because of the obviousness of them being wealthy but if you're on the opposite end of the economic spectrum you're seen as a plague to the system.

It'd be nice to know I'm financially well off and stable but I find the wealthy lifestyle far too tacky, it feels like they are compensating for something.
>>
>>35902846
>my mommy had to check people out at the grocery store for 7 hours today so she could come home and cook my dinner :(
ok
>>
>>35902824
And whenever I wasn't with my grandparents I'd be home alone, the difference here is my parents worked as hard as yours and didn't get shit for it.
>>
>>35902824
>>35902871
My cousin's parents both work for the European Commission and get 150k yearly for low effort translation work, regular translators in comparison get relatively shit salary for practically the same work. You might think that high salary always equates to higher responsibility but it's bullshit.
>>
>>35902118
I'm a failed product of absent finance chad + rich autism non-stacy. I was supposed to be one of the people you hated, but was a mummy's boy who was to intelligence to enjoy shooting fish in a barrel, so I did the respectable thing and became an efete, reclusive, acidwashed nobody instead.
The people you despise aren't the worst of their kind.
>>
File: IMG_5588.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5588.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My gf is rich, her parents own 3 Mercedes benz's, a Maserati quattroporte, a $15 million dollar house in Palo Alto. Her father is a the CEO and founder of an engineering firm and her mother is an investor. They own a piano that costed $60k

My gf:
>depressed
>on anti depressants
>tells me I'm too attractive for her
>let's me do whatever I want to her
>buys me shit
>no self confidence at all

There are obvious upsides tho;
>doesn't have to worry about finances
>can have almost anything she wants
>has connections by default
>access to better schooling
>has two parents who can guide her to success
>>
>>35901412
Jealous, no. A materialistic lifestyle seems rather shallow and empty to me.

But, not having to worry about ending up on the street or going hungry would be nice.
>>
>>35902910
>higher responsibility
+ more stress and work, I forgot to add
>>
>>35901412
I would love to be rich.

I woul not buy an expensive car or mansion, neither would I walk around and tell everyone.

No, I would buy a normal nice house and chill there for the rest of my life, knowing that I do not have to work.

I'd invite my few friends over from time to time and my family would also never have to work ofc (if they want).

This is the life I wish for.
>>
File: 1291-004-8FED0EE7.jpg (15KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
1291-004-8FED0EE7.jpg
15KB, 315x250px
>>35902924
>has two parents who can guide her to success
you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink anon
>>
>>35902306
lol wut? want to see this too
>>
>>35902627
rich is millionaire
>>
Parents own a multimillion apartment in singapore, and can afford pretty much everything they want. But being rich just opens you to more options which are not always affordable, and the more options you have the more likely you will chase money to obtain said options. What i learnt is as long as u can feed yourself and have a place to stay you just want a soulmate to be with
>>
File: entourage__140219185446.jpg (167KB, 989x705px) Image search: [Google]
entourage__140219185446.jpg
167KB, 989x705px
>>35901412
< just watch this
>>
It's good if you're good with saving your money and don't much. Basically NEET life forever.

If you don't have this ability you're gonna have a shit life no matter the money. Never content and a life with no challenges.
>>
>>35902039

Not everyone here is a neet retard.
>>
I've got too much stuff now, I can't imagine having more (again).

also taxes
>>
>>35903655
How about not having to work?
inb4 i like work
Not having to work doesn't mean not working but means that you're free to do whatever work you like without having your lifestyle depend on it.
>>
>>35901412
I live in a country where avg month salary is ~400$ while prices are 30% higher than in USA.

Homless people in USA probably makes more money than I do
>>
>>35901664
>Money is bait, used to lure people into carrying overly-stressful jobs
Yeah, but to be fair, the alternative is working a low-paid job that's still fairly stressful, but also having to worry about having enough money each month.
>>
>>35903789
I know this may sound crazy, but you may actually find a job you enjoy. You'll always have free time.
>>
>>35903084
is it worth watching

orginarignie
>>
>>35901412
yes, I deserve to be rich, not them, I don't care if they applied themselves and got off their asses to get rich, I deserve it more

duh
>>
>>35901412
>ywn be a rich man living on the beach, doing nothing but swimming and surfing all day, getting dat dere vitamin D and fucking beach sluts

YAMEROO
>>
File: IMG_2122.jpg (2MB, 2979x1954px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2122.jpg
2MB, 2979x1954px
There's pros and cons.
>>
>>35901412
>Are you ever jealous of rich people?
Yeah, I'm pretty resentful. I work long hours in a manufacturing job in a frozen wasteland, with barely enough money to cover rent and bills each month.
>>
>>35901412
I dont wanna be rich id die of meth overdose or cocaine overdose.
>>
File: nealizm.png (286KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
nealizm.png
286KB, 889x592px
>>35904518
shit you don't have to be rich to do that man
>>
>>35901664
>>35902055
>>35902115
>>35902118
>>35902237
>>35902627
>>35902910
>>35902924
>>35903083
Is anyone ACTUALLY rich?
bunch of fucking new money faggots
>>
>>35904410
>applied themselves
Most of the rich people were already rich when they born
>>
>>35904398
Did you literally not read 3/4 of my post?
>inb4 i like work
>Not having to work doesn't mean not working but means that you're free to do whatever work you like without having your lifestyle depend on it.
>>
>>35901412
It's pretty ok I guess
>>
No.i dont have a problem with living in a comfy way. But if you NEED to be Rich to be happy then you are just deluded yourself.
>>
I've never really thought about it to be honest. I'm pretty tight with my money in general so whenever I want something I always have enough for it, and I rarely want anything.
Being rich must be amazing if you love buying things but if you're not really the kind of person that wants things often then I doubt it makes much difference.
>>
>>35901412
I don't envy the things they have.
I envy the problems that they don't.
>>
>>35901412
Yes. It just makes me all the more aware that I've failed in life.
>>
>>35904714
>slaving to survive
>life is unpredictable, anything could happen to make you destitute in less than a month
>if the stock market crashes then your retirement will vanish and you'll have to work til you die
How is this comfy
>>
>>35901775
Completely unrelated, but am I the only one that can't stand the thought of putting a dog on a plane? Its loud as fuck and the thing cant reason whats happening to it and that its not in danger. It must be terrified.
>>
I am a rich NEET that comes from a rich family, I have around 160k in my savings account and my mother is a millionaire. We live in a big house on the water. I'm still a KHV and very sad. I'm very depressed about being very dumb, I have a low IQ and dropped out of Hs. I like being able to afford anything I want though, I'm about to buy over 2k in computer parts, and I never will have to pay rent or anything to my mother. If anyone has any questions about the life of a rich NEET feel free to ask.
>>
>>35904880
What did your mother do to make millions? The only other millionares I've met are a marketing guy who worked 30 years in the air force and a man who busted his ass as a financial advisor.
>>
>>35904785
You can get sedatives from a vet. People fly with dogs all the time

Must be a nice being a dog, high as fuck both physically and metaphorically
>>
>>35904911
My father did, he owned a Company. When he died 3 years ago he left Us all the money.
>>
File: 1490698772826.jpg (6KB, 164x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490698772826.jpg
6KB, 164x250px
>>35904880
Poor depressed NEET here

Fund me 100 BTC my man
1EyAs5obBYDRMq6yWmWXCBk3VhFFDpjPo4

Make my memes a reality

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35904964
That sucks my dude. At least you and your mother are alive and well.
>>
>>35901664
You dont get rich with a well paying job but through understanding how to save and invest.
>>
>>35904761
>Years to develop your spiritual Journey.
>Years to explore the astral realm.
>Certainty to know that if you get poor as fuck you still can became a wanderer in search for enlightenment.
>Tfw you Realize that money is just an meaningless construct and at the end we are all going to return to either the universal consciusness or the empty eternal void, so nothing matters.

How is this not comfy.
>>
I envy their being in a position where money is simply not a concern or obstacle. I don't pretend that the rich don't also have their own troubles, or that material wealth is somehow conducive to a happy person, but damn.
>>
>Tfw not rich but make enough passive income to survive without working

It's comfy
>>
>>35905334
What do you do? I read the 4hww but it mostly sounded like bs.
>>
>>35905361

You gotta have money to make money.
>>
>>35901412
I can't be truly jealous without the experience of being "rich".
The richest I've felt was last week where I could afford buying food at restaurants for 5?/meal for a week.
I believe it would be comfy not to have to do anything for your survival.
>>
>>35904495

I work long hours making other people rich and getting paid a measly salary for what I do. I can't stand seeing rich kids spending money they haven't earned. I wish I could be very, very rich.
I am jealous. Very.
>>
>>35905385
So just normal investing then?
>>
>>35905475

Well yes. How else would you have a passive income?
>>
>>35905511
Idk. Real estate, online business, royalties...
Gotta have quite some money in the bank if you can live off investment return.
>>
>>35901488
Money = opportunity
The more if it you have, the less limited you are.
Lots of people get sad with it be cussed they based everything they are with the bulk amount that they own and forgetting why it's useful in the first place.

If I can acquire more resources, then I should
>>
>>35901622
This is why beta losers become trannies
>>
>>35905066
>holding a cardboard sign at the end of the exit ramp begging for change so you can afford a pair of glasses because your last pair got destroyed when you were assaulted by a gang of teenagers
Mmmmm comfy
>>
>>35901412
It's nice, having a secure income, never had to worry about money, can afford many kinds of hobbies, pets, and vacations. Really no downside, only people I hate are the really rich people, they are greedy and selfish. I was in a room with three billionaires once and they kept bragging about how much stuff they have and whohas a better yhat.
>>
>>35905549

In meant investment to encapuslate all of those. You gotta have money to own real estate in the first place.
>>
>>35905841
I totally agree. It's funny how one is branded as greedy and selfish if they want to make a substantial amount of money in order to gain financial independence. Up to about 5 million, your lifestyle is dramatically affected by how much money you have. Those that have more than that and still want more are the real greedy ones.
>>
>>35905987
So what exactly do you do then?
>>
I wish I had an absurd amount of money so I could build my own spacecraft. Centrifuge habitat for staying healthy and a nuclear thermal rocket with water as propellant for getting around. Could easily refuel in the asteroid belt.
>>
Wealth is not a state of being, it's just relative material abundance. You're still an individual.

I know people who live in Kenya making $100k USD a year, they're very rich by local standards but they're just normal professionals by western standards.

I inherited a few millions, I'm rich by 4chan standards, but I'm a typical lawyer to my clients. I never talk about money, never think about it, and drive an old civic.

My best friend's inherited 10 millions, his father wss obsessed about money; he never talks about money and doesn't care about it, but his sisters are obsessed with money, they systematically evaluate people based on how much they have.

I have a friend whose father is very rich, maybe a billionaire. She grew up borrowing the family jet to go out with her friends on Saturday night. She is always worried about people thinking that she's a spoiled brat. She studied hard, played tennis competitively, got her heart broken same as everyone else, and has a very demanding job.

Point being, everyone's an individual, money doesn't change that.
>>
>>35906575
This is such bullshit. The fact that you have all that money (assuming you're telling the truth) changes everything. The lawyer who actually has to earn money to fund his lifestyle, who has to think about investing in order to achieve independence and retire, and you couldn't be different. Your analysis is incredibly superficial. Wealth isn't measured in how much expensive shit you buy but by the freedom and options it gives you.
>>
Rich guy here. Haha look @ all you poorfags. Must feel bad no to be able to buy ANYTHING to anons want.

Being rich is a lifestyle and a good one at that, my friends.

I can go to any restaurant and order anything off the menu while you are stuck at Wendy's and the dollar menu every week. I could buy the whole menu if I wanted. I could walk into a clothing store and buy the most expensive gucci coat.

I order 10,000 dollars worth of stuff off of Amazon alone each week. It's great. It's fun.

Be jealous, I know you truly are deep down.

>get any gril i want and been with models
>have a mclaren and two ferraris
>own tons of expensive clothing and furniture
>most popular guy in my college besides some NEET weirdos like yourselves
>great body because i have my own gym set and tons of weights

Keep being salty, boys. Try working for once and get off your ass and get rich. Or be lucky like me... ;) Thanks papa.
>>
>>35901812
If you have everything, you can't buy anything new anymore.

And that's where the depression of the rich come into play.

See, we as humans strive to get the things we want/need/lust for. If you get it, the novelty wears off, but you find a new thing to want. That's the driving force of our lives, and that's what developed us in every aspect from the ape age.

Depression kicks in if you:
a: have no possibility or ability to get the thing you want
b: already bought the thing you want, and you are stuck with it forever.

And that applies to everything in our lives. That's the reason money is the devil itself.
>>
>>35907498

Actually I'm not jealous.

I see people with large amounts of assets and oftentimes they're miserable. It's harder to make friends, if for whatever reason things go bad, they have much farther to fall. People prejudge you, and money doesn't equal class or integrity. The more you have, the more you want... it's not in human nature to be satisfied, there's always something more you could do, something more you can buy. You can chase that dragon and never catch it.

But don't get me wrong, if you're a rich person reading this, I wish you all the best <3
>>
>>35901412
I'd just like to have enough money to pay the bills and have food in the fridge. I mean, it would be nice to be able to afford luxuries like a car, but I'd be happy with food and rent.
>>
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/03/its-basically-just-immoral-to-be-rich
>>
I grew up a lower middle class kid surrounded by more wealthy kids and I always kinda envied it. Not so much anymore, but definitely as a kid. When your friends' parents own swimming pools, big houses, get them the latest game consoles and their own computer, and the rest of it, you wish you could have that. Those kids grew up a lot more sheltered than me though. Not to say I wasn't sheltered to some degree, but if you've been around those kinds of families you know what I mean. Pure white people stereotypes.

As a teenager I was kinda obsessed with the idea of living in luxury. I'd drive up to the rich neighborhoods in my town just to look at the houses and imagine what it would be like to live there, and to fit in with those kids. I'd get excited to go to places like Nordstrom and Nieman Marcus and look at all the shit I couldn't afford but wanted. Now I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. When I left and went to college I met a lot of people from a poorer background than me and realized they were a lot nicer than stuck up rich kids for the most part.
>>
Everyone in this thread who "doesn't want to be rich" is basically saying that they want to be forced to work for others all their life. It's the ultimate cuck mindset.
The fact that so many people seem to equate wealth with consumption, ignoring the most important aspects of money is troubling.
>>
>>35901412
Yep, I'm jealous of people who were born into rich families. Going to cool vacations, going to the nicest schools, getting a great job because of daddy's connections, getting a nice car and a nice place. Not to mention all the top-tier women.
>>
>>35908398
Some people just enjoy being comfy. I earn what I need to pay bills, put some in savings and then buy whatever weeb shit I want and I'm happy.
I've never been in debt and never had financial troubles so the concept of having millions just isn't something I think about.
I also enjoy my job and don't consider it to be a forced job, my job was my hobby before I got paid for it so I consider myself lucky.
>>
I grew up upper middle class which was a complete curse. I have nothing in common with the legit rich, but I have had it way easier than average/middle class people. I never developed the worth ethic, I'm lazy as shit but my dad can't get me a job or anything like that so I still gotta work. I knew a lot of rich kids, the only thing I envy about them is not having to work or worry about finances. They get to travel and do drugs all day while everyone else is a slave.

btw having a nice car, expensive clothes and other "rich" shit gets old really quick
>>
>>35901412
Honest to God.
Only thing I want is a bigger house so I can have my own fucking room.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1022x487px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1022x487px
>>35901412
I am rich. My family makes around 800k a year combined. I live in one of those neighborhoods with the tiny manors all along the street. I was able to go to an upper-class private school. Public school sounds like hell from what I hear on here, like in those "that kid" threads. There were never any bullies or troublemakers in my school.

Pic related is my house.
>>
All property is theft, the rich deserve to be hung as thieves.
>>
>>35901664
This.
I've worked in the oil sands and people there were regularly making over 100k, very few were satisfied or appreciated their money or the cushiness of their jobs.
It was actually quite pathetic.
>>
Right now I'm quite jealous.
I'm studying in a foreign country for 2 years, after working in some mind numbing jobs I came over here, and I won't have enough to pay rent or buy food.
I realise that it was stupid to go without ensuring I had the means, but I was desperate to get the fuck out of the UK.
So on top of the pressures of coursework I need to try and find a means of income, full time over the summer, in order to get my degree and escape the hell that was my life. I can't go back. I can't go back.
So it's weird to think that if I was a rich kid (and I see people in my class like it, with their fucking macbook airs), none of this would be a worry. I could be worrying about having the best experience here, trying the national food or exploring the other cities.

I wouldn't want the best of everything, I'd just like a chance to reach my potential.
Or. Well. I have my chance, but damn it's a slim chance.
>>
File: 1441258664741.jpg (222KB, 554x647px) Image search: [Google]
1441258664741.jpg
222KB, 554x647px
What the fuck is it with rich people
>easy as fuck life
>sleep around
>literally think every family has multiple cars and parents own their home
>don't develop any productive skills because everything was done for them
>coast through uni because they pay people or have their vampiric friends do homework
>don't have to work to get by
>can't take of themselves for shit
>honestly believe shit like failing a class or getting feelings for the fifteenth person they fucked this month is the worst possible thing
>get ridiculously butthurt if you call them out for being a richfag
>>
>>35907498
>Being rich is a lifestyle and a good one at that
What you're describing isn't "being rich" though is it?

>get any gril i want and been with models
so why are you here?
Do you think you have any non-monetary value to these girls? Have you ever thought about why wealthy people and I do mean genuinely wealthy, not that sort of "look at me I can buy stuff" kinda people only go for each other?
>have a mclaren and two ferraris
but these cars are awful and loud and not comfortable at all
>own tons of expensive clothing and furniture
does the price alone make something valuable
>most popular guy in my college besides some NEET weirdos like yourselves
I don't want to be popular, I never did. It's why I do not talk about money.
>great body because i have my own gym set and tons of weights
how do you need lots of money for that, just get a gym card lmao
>>
>>35905385
Not these days. With platforms like patreon, instagram, youtube etc. talent and/or personality can do it as well.
>>
>>35902681
>I like to think my life wouldn't radically change, just the fact that I'd have a safety net and could actually enjoy life.

Same, I'd just get my own place, a nice computer and relax. I don't demand anything more.
>>
>>35908501
Sure. But if you had the option of getting 5 million transferred to your bank account without anything else changing, you would take it, right? And it would propably have a positive effect on your life, even if it's just, that you don't have to worry about your retirement or healthcare and shit.
No one is saying that you need to work hard and become rich, that's a whole other story.
>>
>>35908727
Thanks for describing me.
>>
>>35908835
how are 5 million rich?
Giving someone who has never had that kind of money access to that kind of money is a sure way to cause disaster
>>
>>35901918
It's $10/gram here (mid-sized city within 50 miles of Austin, TX), where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>35907498
gib shekels pl0x
paypal.me/usagitan
>>
>>35908620
what ugly ass cars
>>
>>35908864
How are they not rich? 5 mill is usually the agreed on number in finance circles that would allow one to live the "millionaire lifestyle".
This depends completely on the person. I literally have nothing, but if I were to just get 5 mill, I'm sure I'd do extremely well with it.
>>
>>35902118
you're doing God's work lad.
take from them for yourself, fuck that Robin Hood bullshit. Destroy those fuckers for your own personal gain/ amusement
>>
File: 1406431133518.jpg (10KB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1406431133518.jpg
10KB, 245x280px
>>35907784
The love of money is the root of all evil.
Money itself isn't evil.
>>
File: 1488856631814.png (159KB, 1042x786px) Image search: [Google]
1488856631814.png
159KB, 1042x786px
>>35908645
Communists deserve to be thrown from helicopters.
>>
>>35901412
Not particularly, a fair pay for a fair days work is all you need. I scrape by without worrying about anything and that's enough for me. If i want i can easily save up some money for a rainy day or a new PC although i really don't understand people's obsession with money, only thing i would buy would be better alcohol and food
>>
>>35910028
I would buy not having to work
>>
I need to be affluent to reach my goals in life

>Super stable housing
>No debt
>Low, flexible hour work week
>2 hobbies

Besides that, I'm apathetic when money isn't an issue. Did you ever see the end of that latest Uncharted game? Drake and his wife kept this wardrobe full of mementos from all of their adventures. I'm (and always have been) much more interested in having sentimental items than valuable ones. A black belt means more to me than a gold watch, for example.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.