[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>exercise for once >hurt my back

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: 1483538670157.png (233KB, 568x590px) Image search: [Google]
1483538670157.png
233KB, 568x590px
>exercise for once
>hurt my back
>>
File: 994.jpg (159KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
994.jpg
159KB, 500x375px
Literally diagnosed lumbar disc degeneration. In general I have arthritis. I've woken up in the middle of the night crying when I've had to lift 50lbs repeatedly during the day.

Nothing is more of a turn off than a smart weakling. I'd rather be a nigger
>>
>>35899930

You're probably lifting too much, too fast, with poor form.

Go to a gym. Use the machines. You can't hurt yourselves on these things. If you suddenly drop the weight, nothing bad happens. Start with cardio at first. Then later strength. Start with chest and arms first. Move onto abs. Then start doing squats.
>>
>>35900004
>You're probably lifting too much
5 lbs dumbbells

it's just my fucked up spine
im lanklet with scoliosis
>>
>>35900061

Then don't lift shit. Sorry.
>>
File: 1481744664675.jpg (8KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1481744664675.jpg
8KB, 250x242px
>>35899930
I never believed people when they would stress form to me, but it's actually true.
Before you do any mild work-outs, look up a youtube video of the proper form.
You'll keep from hurting yourself in the future.
Also, good job exercising, robot. Even if you did hurt yourself a little, you took some initiative and tried to better yourself. That's something to be proud of.
>>
>>35899930
are you ones of those guys browsing /fit/ now?
>>
>>35899930
literally me

sadasda
>>
The first time I passed out doing a deadlift with a gym employee right behind me telling me how to do it is the last time I ever went to the gym. I think it was 135lbs.
>>
I watched Anabolic Aliens and they have pretty good workout with 0 equipment at home, only using your body for all muscles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXk1GgvhyF8
>>
>>35900004
I broke my shoulder on a machine
>>
You gotta ease yourself into it, man.

I am a former Marine who is used to heavy exercise, but I became an ultra fatass (300+ pounds) and I know that if I try to go straight into a run, I will fuck up my knees and back, so I'm going for walks for a bit until I lose about 50 pounds, to relieve the stress on my body from all this extra fat.
>>
>>35900170
>youtube video of the proper form.
like what? all of the videos I've seen aren't descriptive enough so I'm still left wondering if I have improper form or not
>>
>>35900170
Working out doesn't "better yourself." Can you give me a single objective improvement exercise makes to your worth as a person? Keep in mind sex appeal and ability to lift heavier things are not objective values.
>>
>>35899930
Warm up first noob.
>>
>>35902225
Not him, but exercise (particularly cardio) is a potent anti-depressant and improves cognitive functioning as well as state of mind.
>>
>>35902266
Okay. So cardio is an objective improvement. It is also an objective fact that cardio is far better for heart and lung health (responsible for the improvements you mentioned) than weightlifting. Can you give me a single objective improvement weightlifting makes to your worth as a person?
>>
>>35902225
Not him but if you do stuff like circuit training your health will improve and so will your muscles. It made me feel good when I did it. There isn't much downside to keeping your body in shape. You simply just look and feel better all around.

That being said there isn't much point in just lifting weights.
>>
>>35902225

Being able to lift heavier things is 100% an objective value.
>>
Lose weight with dietary changes before exercising. Do some stretches and walking but save the heavy exercise for later.
>>
File: 1488491622843.png (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488491622843.png
118KB, 800x800px
OP here
didn't really expect this thread to last
>>35900170
Thanks it actually felt good till it happened
took a hot bath and it reduced pain a bit
>>35901355
no, no yet
maybe if i get hooked
>>35902089
that's why i want to get some preparation at home before i'll consider gym
>>35902170
I'll look into this
>>35902201
Guess you are right, I just don't know where to start being weakass skelly at square one
>>35902246
I'll make sure to do so next time
>>
KEKKEKKEKCUCLCUKKEKCUCLKEKKEKCUCLKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKCUCJCKKEKCUCJCUCJCKKEKCKCUCJCKCKCUCJCKKCUCJCKCUCHCKKXKXKCXUXJKCKCKCKCUCJKCJCJCJCUXKXKKXYFJXKXKCKFUFKKFKKEKFKFKFKCUUCKCKCKKFUJCCKCKFKFJFUKFKCKCYCJCKCUCJXKKCJXUXKDKXKFYJCKK fucking. Kill yourself already nobody gives a shit fucking get on with it already I'm sick of subsidzing your existence.
>>
>>35902320
>Look
This is subjective.
>Feel
Again, subjective. Many people feel worse after exercise and endorphins are not universal.
>>35902357
Lifting heavier things is not an objective improvement to your WORTH as a person.
>>
>>35902312
Oh none at all. Unless it's for work or survival, the improvements from weightlifting are almost entirely about being seen as attractive by society and are thus completely subjective.

I just chimed in because you said "exercise", which encompasses all forms.
>>
>>35902370

If you want to improve yourself try suicide as a primary objective goy.
>>
>>35902370
Kill your whole family while you're at it. Your interior genes are literally pollutants in the atmosphere
>>
>>35902370
Rape you're mother too. It's the only sex you'll have besides the one your father made you have when you were 6
>>
>>35902399
>Lifting heavier things is not an objective improvement to your WORTH as a person.
Yes it is
Between person X who can't lift heavy things and the same person X with the ability to lift heavy things, the latter is objectively more valuable as a person
>>
>>35902370
And then set the house on fire. Cuck.
>>
>>35902370
Die in a house fire nigger
>>
>>35902508
>Objectively more valuable as a person
Explain. Nearly all heavy lifting, regardless of county of occupation, is done by machinery. The difference between someone who can lift 50lbs and 150lbs is near zero.
>>
>>35902553
Lifting is a defense against degeneracy. Literally more of the people i know who lift are less likely to be faggots, race-mixers, female, etc than ones who don't
>>
>>35902579
>Defense against degeneracy
(Cultural) degeneracy is an entirely subjective aspect and thus your argument has been invalidated. There is no reason to ever lift weights unless your career demands the ability to lift heavy things or overpower people (oil rig employee, construction, soldier or cop), or you are trying to attract roastie sluts.
>>
File: 1489334316138.png (56KB, 1320x219px) Image search: [Google]
1489334316138.png
56KB, 1320x219px
>>35902225
It's actually proven to completely change the way you think, when you exercise regularly.
Your outlook is brighter (chemical reactions as a result of doing what your body needs you to do for it to self-propagate) your appearances is more appealing, considering that the bulk of people find fit people to be more attractive than unfit people.
You'll also find that you naturally have more discipline. To be able to say no to yourself, is an important attribute of an adult.
Something that every visibly fat person shares in common, is that they obviously have little to no ability to tell themselves no when there's no one around to judge them.
These people also tend more often to be cheaters, as they indulge in instant gratification far more often than those that have more self-control.
There are a lot of reasons to stay in shape. But the most important reasons are all mental.
>>
>>35902670
>Your assistance appearances is more appealing
Stopped reading here.
>>
>>35902706
Your appearance will look better to those around you, benefiting you in a number of situations. Aesthetics counts, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>35902670
>These people also tend more often to be cheaters, as they indulge in instant gratification far more often than those that have more self-control.
Hardly definable through fitness level of a person.
I'd wager that most cheaters are more fit than fat and can afford to cheat with multiple "partners" because their looks allow them to.
>>
File: 1405187566895.jpg (88KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1405187566895.jpg
88KB, 500x484px
>do 20 pushups
>arms hurt for next three days
>>
>>35902201
>if I try to go straight into a run I will fuck up my knees
that exactly happened to me, my knees kept hurting for two weeks and I couldn't jog anymore and climbing stairs was hurtful to say the least.
The pain is gone now after recovery, thankfully and my doctor recommended me to rather train by cycling around than jogging, for now.
I weigh 251 lbs atm.
>>
>>35902225
>objective

Do you know what this word means anon?
>>
>>35902748
>Sex appeal counts
I agree, in fact that's the only reason to lift weights. The problem is that I asked for objective reasons, like cardio improving lung capacity, brain function, and being an antidepressant. You gave me a highly subjective response.
>>
>>35902312
Weightlifting can be pretty important in everyday life (making sure that people already notice that you aren't a weakling and are able to at least hurt them a lot if you had to) and besides you don't have to lift 5 days a week. 2-3 days a week is enough if you just want to get on some muscle here and there. More importantly would be to always get enough sleep.
>>
>>35902920
It means "uninfluenced by opinion." Objective benefits to cardio are clear and obvious. Objective benefits to weightlifting have yet to be provided.
>>
>>35899930
Yes goy. Keep yourself busy at the gym. Wouldn't want you going on /pol/ and falling in with the wrong crowd.
>>
>>35902959
>in fact that's the only reason to lift weights

What if you're attacked and are unequipped with any weapon?

Hmmm a strong upper body would really come in handy there. Checkmate, /fit/izens
>>
File: 1454131338073.png (225KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1454131338073.png
225KB, 500x380px
>>35900170
>look up proper form
>have no idea whether I'm doing it right when I'm actually exercising
This shit takes an awareness of your body that I do not have.
>>
>>35902211
What exercises are you trying to do?
>>
>>35902994

See here>>35903009
Also weightlifting has objective benefits for your health, including cardiovascular health along with anti-depressant qualities
>>
>>35902876
I am proud of you Anon
You will only get up from there
>>35902994
you never know when you might need to pick up something heavy or fight someone with bare hands
it's objectively speaking better to have that ability than not
>>
>>35903009
>What if you're attacked and are unequipped with any weapon
You run. Farther and faster than the assailants because you train cardio.
>>
File: 1479236168406.jpg (13KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1479236168406.jpg
13KB, 249x249px
>>35902861
I can tell you're fat, anon.
>>
>>35903062
>You might need to be able lift 150lbs
You might also get attacked in the streets, so you should carry a gun everywhere. You might also die from something unpredictable, like a lightning strike, so you should buy expensive life insurance.
>>
>>35903045
Star stretching every morning.
They have great stretching videos all over Youtube.
Start this stretching process a week before you actually start the exercising.
Form doesn't matter if you don't stretch your muscles. You'll still hurt yourself.
You'll also gain that awareness of your body as you experiment. It's not unlike anything else.
You'll definitely fuck up a bit in the beginning, but once you start clearing those first hurdles and see some early results, you'll begin to slide into a good flow.
Eventually, working out will be just the same as taking a quick shower or brushing your teeth.
>>
>>35903168
what I meant is
it may come in handy but it's rather an additional perk than a sole purpose of doing it
i guess most people lift for their own pleasure
>>
>>35902225
Surely being able to lift heavier things is never not a good thing
>>
>>35903239
I'm not trying to say that weightlifting is utterly pointless and that one should never do it. I was merely combating the "being more muscular is improving yourself!" drivel normalfags love to regurgitate. If you want to attract roasties, weightlifting is a very good idea. However, many people claim they are not interested in roasties, but still want become jacked. It's hypocritical.
>>
>>35903806
He's trying to shit on lifting, so he can justify to himself why he doesn't do it.
>>
>>35903806
Just because it's worthless to you doesn't make it worthless to 100% of society

You're trying to argue that weightlifting has no objective purpose by applying subjective preference to its purposes

You're literally underage
>>
>>35903897
>100% of society
No, I'm talking specifically about robots.
>You're literally underage
Do you have any proof? Objective proof?
>>
File: 1475424733545.jpg (15KB, 379x196px) Image search: [Google]
1475424733545.jpg
15KB, 379x196px
>>35899930
>go bowling
>am sore for three days afterward
>>
>>35903987
>I'm talking specifically about robots

This reinforces my point even better. Robots would benefit the most from weightlifting out of any group. Just look at how many robots have been converted to /fit/ and vice versa.

Weightlifting would benefit robots by easing their depressive and anxious symptoms while also giving them better odds at alleviating that feel when no gf. Hell, it would also give many of them productive outlets to channel rage and provide the NEETs with something to fill their blank schedules with.

Of course, you'll move the goalposts with this and say 'ah bloo bloo those are all subjective enhancements' but they're really not. The only reason robots don't want to lift weights is because it takes work and dedication, something that they're unaccustomed to. They'd rather blame their problems on genetics rather than get in the gym and give at least 1% effort.

So go ahead, try and refute my point with the canned answer I know you have in your back pocket or close the thread and cry in the corner like the sub 18 year old bitch you are, either way weightlifting has OBJECTIVE benefits to a robot's physical and mental attributes whether you can see that or not
>>
>>35904346
>By easing their depressive and anxious symptoms
Because weightlifting fixes autism, right.

You're not talking about robots. You're talking about failed normalfags that are here masquerading as robots.
>>
File: 1480260641379.jpg (76KB, 431x420px) Image search: [Google]
1480260641379.jpg
76KB, 431x420px
>>35903119
Yeah and?

2 seconds, not original n shiiieet
>>
>>35904391
>Because weightlifting fixes autism, right

No, I said it fixes depression/anxiety. Fucking read what I wrote and stop inserting strawmen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC474733/

There's a link but I'm sure you won't read it. You'll just continue to misrepresent my argument. Seriously, just close this thread, you've been BTFO'd countless times.
>>
>>35904748
>You've been BTFO countless times
Not even once.
>>
>>35899958

go on a vegan diet retard
>>
>>35903009
Why not just cut straight to the point in that situation and just do martial arts if you lift to defend yourself. I mean;
A) Train how to fight to learn how to fight
B) pick things up to learn how to fight

Which one makes more sense?
>>
>>35903806
What if you enjoy weightlifting as a hobby? I mean me going for 405 deadlift pr has nothing to do with attracting girls, they could careless. Or what about those bearmode powerlifters and strongmen, they definitely don't lift for appearance sake.
>>
>>35904760
>Not even once

Keep it coming, pussy boy; I can literally hear the whimpers as you tip-tap-type away each pathetic response.
>>
>>35904782
>Why not just cut straight to the point

Yeah, sure, why not just cut straight to the point and focus every day on becoming the best you possible?

Who even has the time to become black belt in X martial art? Are you fucking serious man?

Lifting 1 hour a day 2/3 times a week does not equal martial arts training 6 hours a day every day
>>
>>35902211
get a PT
>>35899930
>>
>>35905116
You don't have to train that much to be better than the average fuck on the street.
>>
>>35905062
The depression of a robot does not stem from anything that could be resolved through weightlifting.
>>
>>35905220
>you don't have to train that much

Which brings me back to my original point: an hour a day three times a week focusing on upper & lower body + core will make you stronger than the average fuck on the street.

>>35905244
>that could be resolved through weightlifting

Which proves me correct: robots would rather blame their problems on an unsolvable root cause than attempt to try and solve anything. Besides, isn't attempting to solve an issue objectively better than trying nothing at all?

Just let this thread 404. It's obvious you're skelly or fat and increasingly prejudiced towards any type of exercise.
>>
>>35899930
>just moved up to 140x3 OHP
God damn I love lifting
>>
>>35905789
Ok, and? Strength is far from the only thing that can assist you in a street fight. Besides, if you're a big dude all that you're gunna end up fighting are just other athletic dudes because betas won't fuck with you, and god forbid the guy knows how to fight even a little then you'd be fucked.
>>
>>35906508
Interesting strategy, waiting until it seemed the thread died then responding in the hopes I wouldn't see it. Pussy.

If you're OP, this all boils down to your obsession with OBJECTIVE improvements that weightlifting gives you.

For the 1038488393rd time, a man with minimal+ weightlifting experience has an objective advantage in a bare hands fight compared to someone with absolutely no weightlifting experience.

For the retarded, it's objectively an improvement to have some weightlifting prowess than none at all in a fight.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.