[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mathlets/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: 1490072245931.jpg (80KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1490072245931.jpg
80KB, 453x604px
You can only post in this thread if you're literally worse than the average high schooler at mathematics

>tfw can't do anything harder than basic algebra and long division
>>
>162 - 98 is already causing problems

A-at least I am good in foreign languages
>>
File: surun linnen.jpg (3KB, 121x97px) Image search: [Google]
surun linnen.jpg
3KB, 121x97px
>>35899131
I had a math exam today. It was about Probability and Statics. i failed it hard and now i kinda feel bad because it was the easier math course I fucking swear I was the only white kid in that class. If I fail it, I'm literally dumber than a nigger.
>>
File: Capture.png (39KB, 1892x412px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
39KB, 1892x412px
literally had to do some stupid meme assignment in excel and it's due on monday, I know it's probably all wrong somehow since it just looks like a wall of numbers to me

fuck maths
>>
>>35899131
I get mind block every time I try to do basic addition or subtraction, it's probably just the drugs but I was this stupid before I started using them. Am I autistic?
>>
>>35899335
probably isn't autism, more like brain damage m8
>>
Nigga i still don't even know my times tables
>>
File: 1460764667233.png (17KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
1460764667233.png
17KB, 633x772px
>>35899131
>Had a really shitty geometry teacher, so couldn't expand on Algebra I skills
>Took Algebra II twice because I failed it the first time
>Can still only do basic algebra despite being in college
It's such a bad feel knowing I'll pretty much never succeed in this.
>>
File: end.jpg (145KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
145KB, 800x1200px
>>35899131
I failed the online university math placement test so badly I didn't have the prerequisites to take the bottom-tier math course that's literally designed for non-majors and mathlets. That reminds me that I have to retake that eventually, fuck
>>
took 8 attempts to pass calc 2
dying in linear algebra now
5 year uni student
kill me
>>
File: 1490561865621-r9k.gif (21KB, 618x894px) Image search: [Google]
1490561865621-r9k.gif
21KB, 618x894px
>Can only be do basic algebra
>Trade school has Trig in its curriculum

Fugg
>>
I graduated early and never went to anything beyond a few weeks of Algebra II, been self teaching math because I want to self teach engineering. Currently doing trig, finished right triangles and starting with general triangles.
>>
>tfw cant do double digit division in my head
>tfw cant do odd division in my head
>tfw cant multiply in my head
Dont go to a mental hospital for school. They dont teach, they are too busy stopping fights.
>>
the limit of x to infinity of f(x)=(1+(a/x))^x choose a is e^a
>>
File: 1490241041035.png (974KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490241041035.png
974KB, 900x900px
>tfw randomly choosing one of the responses on multiple choice questions

devilish
>>
>>35899900
Apparently im more accurate when doing that then actually thinking through the problem.
>>
>>35899900
works every time tbqh, literally fool proof
>>
>>35899131
I'm so shitty at math. I skipped Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 when I was 15 and went straight to Calculus 3. I ended up getting into linear algebra and differential equations when I was 16 in the next semester.
>>
>>35900427
out
now
orginalpoop
>>
I haven't passed a math class since elementary
>>
taking pre calculus now

it sucks a fat cock desu
>>
>>35899131
>doing econ
>calculus 1 and 2, statistics and econometrics

I like math, get fucked brainlets
>>
>>35901073
>tfw engineering
Calc 2 is babby tier
>>
>>35901073
>>35901159
>tfw theoretical physics

You are like little baby.
>>
>>35901174
Fair enough. You don't get into real difficult math unless you're doing something like that or the pure math meme
>>
>>35901159
>>35901174
I wish I can look at other people and call them babby teir
i wish i was smart enough to get math
how do you guys do it
do you study alot?
does it come naturally?
>>
>>35901073
>oh man i spend all day practicing math
>im like so much more intelligent because i practice this one thing
>that guy who practices football, That guy practicing creative writing, that guy practicing art, bunch of dumbassess because its not math
So stupid to think one thing makes you intelligent
>>
Going to be high school math teacher. AMA
>>
>>35899131
>Barely can divide
Im beyond miserable
>>
>tfw started sleeping and not paying attention in math class in the 6th grade

>kept doing it up until my junior year of high school

>never knew what the fuck the teacher was talking about or what she had scribbled on the board so i just went back to sleep

>23 now, still no diploma, cant do anything past basic math and dont care

everything past algebra is a meme anyway
>>
>>35899131
Was shit at math in high school.
I'm in law school now, we don't get math here anymore (thank god)
>>
>>35901227
>do you study alot?
Every god damn day.

>does it come naturally?
Not to me, I have to work hard at it, there's a couple of people that I know that seem to have a more natural aptitude for it than me. But at least one of them tells me he works all the damn time at it.
>>
>>35901320
Khan Academy is for you.
>>
>>35901436
i was enrolled in a piss easy online course that had me getting a high school credit every week. i just didnt give a damn about finishing it and stopped logging into it
>>
I literally can't even do my times tables. can't do division. Can only add and subtract.
>>
>>35901227
>do you study alot?

lol, no. I literally did all my assignments at the last minute. I had to retake some non-math courses because they required me to actually start shit before it was too day.

>does it come naturally?

I think so, but before I realized I was "good" at math, I couldn't even do basic shit like add fractions. Once I got in the groove, though, everything was pretty much a breeze.
>>
>>35901613
>too day.

I don't even know how I managed to type that. I meant "too late." Again not that great at anything else other than math and other logical shit like CS
>>
>Did pre-algebra, algebra, and geometry in HS.
>Straight D's.
>Test into no-credit math classes in college. >Dread the mandatory college algebra class. Drop out for other reasons(depression).
>Go back to finish degree, they've added a class for mathlets where it's split into two semesters
>Shit, still have to do stats or logic
>Sign up for sociology stats, which is said to be the easiest of the stats/logic classes, get behind and drop it
>Do symbolic logic over the summer. >Contorted my brain in weird ways
>Felt lost but regularly went to chat with prof
>I think he passed me out of pity

I think I'm home free now. Working on a library science masters. Hard to see having to do any math that isn't easy done on Wolfram Alpha or a calculator.
>>
>>35899900

Multiple choice tests are easy. There's always a stupid throwaway answer that's easy to spot and one that looks obvious at first. Once those are eliminated you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right guessing.
>>
I don't even know basic algebra where do I start
>>
>>35901790
Try Khan Academy.
>>
>>35901790

Khan academy. That website is great for all things precalc, and calculus. They added some multivarable calc videos as well, but it was after I took that class, which is bullshit.
>>
I did khan academy up to algebra but forgot it all.
>>
File: 149056447852.jpg (41KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
149056447852.jpg
41KB, 567x437px
>>35901823
>>35901832
So quick response thanks fellow robots also about to get a haircut but I can't decide and the barber say I should hurry or someone else is getting it first..
>>
I thought 4chan was full of smart people who were just awkward?
>>
>>35901869

Just say cut it about half off. That is what I always say. Don't say it if you don't want half of your hair cut off, though.
>>
>>35899131
>Math grades
>1- 4,5/10 - Minimum 6,0
>2- 5,5/10 - Minimum 6,0
>Needed - 8,0
>3 and last quarter 9,0/10

How, how do i managed to get that grade, it's been 3 years since high school and i still don't know how i manage to do that, my teacher helped me for sure, i succ at everything that involves math, the only good that i was good in high school was history.
>>
I just can't calculate in my head at all.
If I can write down my thoughts it's much easier.
>>
File: merchant.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>Study STEM or you'll have a shit job
>No, not THAT kind of STEM
>You didn't do an unpaid internship or went to state school? You're not hired
>Sorry, but STEM is oversaturated right now
>Train Pajeet to replace you or we'll give you a shit recommendation and fight your unemployment

Gooood Goyim, falling for the STEM meme
>>
>>35902166
Then what's the best career to study moron
>>
>tfw high school junior
>failed every math class since 7th grade
>math teacher says to me in class "anon, i highly recommend talking to the registrar to see if you don't have to take math next year. I'm pretty sure you've met the credit requirement"
>*wink wink*
>dumb_for_brains.png
>>
I used to hate geometry. I'd ask my fucking teacher for help and she'd hand me a calculator. Tf was I supposed to do with this?
>>
>>35901174
>theoretical math and statistics master race reporting in
Engineering is for babbys
>>
>>35902698

gender studies

originalolol
>>
>>35899131
i need a calculator for basic addition
>>
>>35899131
I barely passed algebra my freshman year, and spent the next 3 years failing geometry miserably.

I only passed it when it was dumbed down for me in night school.
>>
>>35902892
>take easiest math
>have audacity to look down on others
>>
>>35899131
I'm average in math, I've passed math 1 with a 3 (which is a C in the US I think) in Information Management (Germany), I want to pass math 2 with a 2, is 2 hours everyday for three months (my exam is in July) enough?
>>
>>35901881
No, the smart once are mostly on /sci/, they do shitposting on a level we wouldn't understand because their shitposts just looks like scientific complex explanations.
>>
>>35899167
>surun linnen
>Probability and Statistics
Underage b&
>>
>>35901881
4chan is full of people with zero redeeming qualities so they call themselves smart because that's the only quality somebody can't always prove wrong.
>>
Daily reminder that sucking at math is a normie trait.
>>
>>35901613
>but before I realized I was "good" at math

when/how did you realize this?
>>
>>35903118
Nigga you don't even know what a stieltjes integral is
>>
>>35903513
I don't know, the smartest person I've known is a Chad who had always straight A's in math, has a 9/10 gf and study physics.
Really nice guy, 4 years younger than me, helps me with math stuff, we drinking once a week.
>>
>>35899131
It's not necessarily that I'm bad at math, it's just that I hate it so fucking much and taking the time to learn it is literal torture for me. At least I'm out of High School and don't have to deal with that shit.
>>
>>35903513
fucking good
at least im a normie
at least i have that going for me
>>
>>35899131
I don't know how I passed my final exams in school. I didn't even bother to study for it, but for some unknown reason I was able to get the points required for passing
>>
you guys probably have Dyscalculia

its like dyslexia except with numbers instead of letters
>>
>>35899131

I'm pretty bad at maths atm because I pretty much forgot all the equations etc from high school (got an A in hs maths)
>>
File: brainlette.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
brainlette.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
I'm the biggest mathlet on r9k I bet. I don't even know how to do addition and subtraction.
>>
>drop out of high school at 14
>do nothing but shitpost, play vidya and masturbate for 15 years
>random post inspires me to try college
>need to get GED first
>read all the resources, do the khan shit
>easily pass and wonder why I didn't do this at 14
>need to get community college math placement
>khan some more
>placed into pre algebra
>rather than taking the class decide I want to place higher instead of sitting in a class full of niggers for 3 quarters so I khan again every other day until next quarter starts
>retake assessment and get placed into pre-calc

Not sure if I should just register for pre-calc at this point or keep going until I directly place into an actual calculus class. For reals though you niggers need khan
>>
>>35903888
you seem to have the diligiance to do it everyday
most people here are lazy
they are they all talk type
they need a structured class to force them to study and learn
>>
>>35900427
BRAINCHADS GET OUT!

OUT OUT OUT!!!
>>
>>35903888
what are you even hope to achieve by going to college at 30
>>
>>35904028
college and uni is a scholerly enviroment
age is irrelevent
are you a brainlet that thinks college and uni are career training programs?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.