[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BPD thread (male)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 137870834108.png (22KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
137870834108.png
22KB, 400x800px
Oh shit guys. I just realized I fit the bill for BPD. Used to think it was primarily other disorders but I'm pretty sure I'm like a textbook asshole who doesn't deserve nice things.

Also general BPD thread.
>>
>>35895696
>(male)
good luck with that anon, most BPD people here, and in general, are female.
Although I did date a BPD guy before, the combo of two borderline people was not fun
>>
>>35895731
Actually I just thought about it and realized there are probably a more equal number of male and female people with BPD, just that it's probably overlooked in men because they're written off as just some asshole abuser/typical violent guy
>>
>>35895731
How did that go? I've had somewhat similar experiences but never had the insight to hold myself accountable for some of the things I did.
>>
>>35895696
>self diagnosis
you and everyone else.

>textbook asshole who doesn't deserve nice things
this just implies you're a spoiled brat. nothing to do with your brain.
>>
Also the (male) was to indicate my own gender, in case anybody needed to use it for quick fodder.
>>
congrats on your meme illness
>>
>>35895756
actually i just thought about it some more and there are probably way more women with BPD but they are just overlooked because they are seen as typical hysterical bitches on their periods.
>>
>>35895760
the relationship? Mutually abusive, both of us were unconsciously manipulative and desperately afraid of being abandoned, and both of us felt constantly wronged by the other.
Being aware of it is the first step, I'm a lot better now that I'm aware of the things I do. It's a challenge to hold yourself accountable when you feel like you're the one being wronged, but it's a process that can be learned.
>>
>>35895784
What's with the self-diagnosis stigma? If you have sufficient awareness of your cognition and behavior then you are pretty much more qualified than anyone to figure out what boxes you fit into. Granted, I'm only asking you to play along for the sake of discussion. I suppose I could go into detail but the thread hasn't exactly called for it yet, and I didn't feel the need to give a lengthy diatribe that was all about me. Just wanted to see what other people thought about BPD generally.

>>35895822
Damn, that's pretty rough. Constant tensions, not to mention being acutely aware of what the other person seems to lie about/not even acknowledge. I think my last relationship was like that, though she seemed more on the anxious side than anything. But comorbidity, especially without full knowledge of the other elements at play, can be a bitch. How long has it been since you began recovering?
>>
>>35895888
>you are pretty much more qualified than anyone

okay. and i suppose everyone who claims to be smart is actually very smart, too. we have a population of maybe 10 stupid people and billions of clever folks.

the guy who claims to have a broken mind is using his mind to suddenly be more qualified than any professional in psychology.

listen, you're no different from any other bored teenager. maybe you're even a little older, but you're still just bored.
>>
>>35895888
>being acutely aware of what the other person seems to lie about/not even acknowledge
this is the absolute worst part, though it doesnt help that my current partner has a lying issue... either way I live in a state of constant paranoia and having any trust whatsoever toward someone is constant work, it's exhausting.
I guess it's been about a year, maybe 9 months since I became aware of my issue(s) and really started trying to work on it. Progress is a slow, slow process
>>
>>35895888
t. i read a bunch of stuff on wikipedia so im an expert now
>>
>>35895944
Well, you have to admit that the Dunning-Kruger thing isn't entirely conclusive. It's a study that measures confidence in a sample of people who may or may not be familiar with specific items on the tests they issued. It's more like a study on performance anxiety. So let's say someone tends to underestimate themselves on the whole, because their experience has lead them to believe they are unworthy of achievement. Conversely, a confident person might have achieved in other areas but was unprepared for whatever the tests specifically called for. It's very common for academics, who are generally considered intelligent, to assume they are competent in unrelated fields because experience shown them that their intelligence simply transfers to other fields without necessarily needing the requisite knowledge to qualify that assumption.

>>35896030
Glad to hear you're making progress, in any case. That's a good chunk of time to have been reprogramming yourself. Are there also a lot of instances where you feel so exhausted that you just drop the negative thoughts and see what happens?

>>35896035
If only it were that easy, right?
>>
>>35896142
self diagnosis is still a meme, get yourself checked out then you edgelord
>>
>>35896142
>dunning-kruger
>word salad

alright, you clearly have trouble with english. let's try again: someone reading about a disorder and "realizing" they have it is not a diagnosis, it's empathy. the attention whoring you're attempting here is typical adolescent behavior. was your first thought to go to the doctor for treatment, or was it to start rationalizing mistakes, bad behaviors, personally or openly? im going to guess you felt more comfort than fear in "realizing" a wikipedia page about a crippling disorder spoke to some of your habits.

anyone can take your word for it and entertain your moment of masturbatory self deprecation. but you're still a massive fag.
>>
>>35895888
>What's with the self-diagnosis stigma?
The number one thing anybody wants is an explanation why their life is fucked up. As a result, confirmation bias abounds when people self diagnose, which just leads to making excuses or abusing the definition
>>
>>35896142
>drop the negative thoughts and see what happens?
nope, dropping them is the hard work. If I'm too exhausted I just succumb to the misery.
>>
>>35896214
Yeah, I guess I can't pretend I'm self-reliant forever.

>>35896264
>but you're still a massive fag.
Ultimately yes. You're probably right about the empathy thing too. I don't feel comfort in identifying with a diagnosis though. Been trying to do the "right thing" for too long to find any comfort in a disorder that basically tells me I've been doing it wrong and that I've actually been a piece of shit all along.

>>35896276
What conditions have to be present for you to experience as few worries as possible?
>>
How do I know If I ahve BPD? I'm male and I think I have this..please send help.

Lately something hit me hard and I can't handle it..please anons.
>>
>>35896424
>Lately something hit me hard and I can't handle it
What ails you, anon?
>>
>>35896577
Woman..she left me anon, I realized a couple a days ago that maybe I have BPD and I was afraid because this is not a game, and after she left me yesterday I'm amazed, Im sad, I feel an extreme sadness, I don't want to die but I don't want to live either, I just want to dissapear forever
>>
>>35896727
What happened, man? Was everything going well? Did she leave you out of the blue? Do you think you could have been a better partner?
>>
>>35896793
It was a LDR anon..just a girl from here, she just left me due to her problems with herself despite I told her I was okay with that..and yes everything was going fine until yesterday, I honestly I don't know what to do I need her in my life, I have nothing, no friends, not even my family cause they don't understand me, when she appeared I got a bunch of happiness because she was/is like me, my better half, but now she's gone and I don't know what will become of me..
>>
>>35895696
BPD is just acting like a woman
>>
Time to bump and save
>>
I am diagnosed with BPD and I'm alright most of the time albeit manipulative, insecure and lacking in empathy. Unfortunately some of the time I absolutely flip my shit and lose all control of my emotions. This is in addition to flashes of intense sadness and rage.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.