[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever feel like your parents don't really love you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (494KB, 754x514px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
494KB, 754x514px
Do you ever feel like your parents don't really love you?
>>
Neglect and other types of abuse just means that I am loved the most!
>>
>>35895273
I'm sure they love me. We're just really disconnected. Me and my mom live in the same house but I only see her like once a week and we mostly communicate through the occasional terse text message or sticky note.
>>
>>35895273

See narcissistic parents. And do read about it. Don't assume you know.

Thank me later.
>>
My dad won't answer my phone calls.
>>
Yes, I'm almost certain my dad has given up on me. My mom I'm not sure.
>>
>>35895273
They love me. In their own retarded way, but they do.
>>
>>35896482
"cuz when i call, you never pick up your phone, i'd like to talk to you
but you dont answer"
>>
I think my father stopped caring about me long ago.
>>
>>35898156
>my father stopped caring about me long ago
Right around the time you couldn't be trusted with keeping "secrets"?
>>
>>35895273
I feel very loved
>>
why do i feel like my parents are so oblivious to the thought of me being depressed, you would probably say to me "but anon they do know youre depressed". no seriously how do so many parents happen to get children who spend all day in their room and have never seen friends over yet they dont do anything differently or everything seems fine to them
>>
>>35895273
Parents love me, but show it in abusive and controlling ways. It's like they like the idea of me, and of me fulfilling their dreams and desires of being an accomplished, proud, married and successful son, but they don't really care about my thoughts and feelings.

I would say they treat me like an extension of themselves.

Ahhh well, mum's now got early-onset Alzheimers and Dad's mind is pretty fucked after the 25 years of alcoholism. Me, Imma just live for my hobbies and be fine working some low stress job at a supermarket or whatever.
>>
yes. my mom.
I think she thinks she loves me but shes a really shallow and self-centered person. like a child.

she had a booze-benzo addiction when I was a child and was very neglectful.
at age 17 she basically dropped off of the face of the planet and I would only see her a couple times a month while I lived in her house.
she basically lived with some guy I never met and when I moved out I didn't see her for another 2 years.
>>
I'm just a fucking resume for them to brag about to their friends. i got that a long time ago.
>>
>>35895273
yeah, but oh well, they let me leech off them
>>
>>35895273
havent spoken to either of them in a year
>>
File: IMG_2251.jpg (87KB, 891x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2251.jpg
87KB, 891x648px
In their own weird ways that aren't really enough yeah.

I feel like they love me superficially but than when its time to step up and show real love its suprising absent.

You ever have parents that coddle you and tell you they love you a lot but then don't actually raise or parent you when the the time comes? My parents never actually taught me anything or did real parenting so I grew up being heavily influenced by media such as internet and TV.
>>
>>35898796
>yes. my mom.
>I think she thinks she loves me but shes a really shallow and self-centered person. like a child
this right here
mom is narcisistic and retarded, she will call me non stop, show up at my door and ring the bell for half an hour, bother my family about the fact that i dont want to see her and fucking stalk me, promise me money and shit
but as soon as i forgive her she doesnt fucking care, also she doesnt appologize or admit any wrong doing and she thinks thats ok, sometimes i think she convinces herself things didnt happen
Thank god im done with that shit and this time im really done, im not angry, sad, anything. I dont think about her at all until someone brings her up
Why does she even want to see me now? she spent most of my childhood running away from me
>>
>>35895273
I think they have accepted that I am a failure and just wait for their death so they can be free.
>>
File: Bart_Meem.png (163KB, 336x368px) Image search: [Google]
Bart_Meem.png
163KB, 336x368px
>>35895273
They love me enough to to force me to buy a house that is only 2 blocks away so they can come with out knocking to my house and steal my sugar.
But they love me even if they are a bit control freaks some times and curse alot.
>anon i dont give a fuck if your at work now your father wants the statue that he gifted you to show to his friends but the dumbass lost his keys to your house GET HERE RIGHT NOW!
>>
all the time i think that way about everyone like no one really likes me well they prolly dont lol
>>
File: 1434037857400.jpg (25KB, 411x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434037857400.jpg
25KB, 411x480px
No. But I feel like they must telling themselves every day, "anon's doing just fine, he's just a bit tired today", or, "when he finishes his degree his life will get better." "It's just a temporary thing, he'll move out eventually"

That is saddening to me
>>
>>35898317
Because they think is normal in you therefore healthy. They are used to my behaviour but other won't accept it and reject them since they no is not normal
>>
I do, and I love them as well. Wouldn't trade my family for anything in the world.
>>
When I was in the car with my brothers and parents my father outright said he loves her more than me and my brother.
>>
File: 1485117727279.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485117727279.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>35895273
>Do you ever feel like your parents don't really love you?
I think they stopped after I gave up on life and got on disability, the smiling boy who loved running around outside and wanted to become a geologist growing up is dead gone, what remains is someone you'd never want to admit you birthed into this world

Fuck I haven't talked to them in maybe 3 years... I wonder if my siblings ever think about there fuck up of a brother
>>
>>35901014
Well that'll scar a kid.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.