[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Robots Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 16

File: 4Ch163.jpg (36KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
4Ch163.jpg
36KB, 400x388px
Maybe you should join too edition

>ship date is 2 weeks earlier
>still out of shape
oooooooooooooooooh boyyyyyyyyyy

Give tips stories advice discuss branch despair
>>
>>35889474
>Doing OCS route
>3.5gpa STEM degree.
>Max ASVAB score
>Great essay, recommendations, and interview
>Physical went fine
>Still have to do PT test.

I'm so horribly out of shape that I might actually not get approved because of it. I can crush the push ups and situps but my run time is abysmal and I'm more and more sore every single time I run.
>>
File: Wojak08.png (105KB, 720x867px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak08.png
105KB, 720x867px
>>35889539
Just keep running, you might feel like you're hitting a wall but push past it, improve and stay hydrated. You're gonna make it man.
>>
Army boy here, just completed AIT. Reservist. 25B. AMA.
>>
>>35889596
I have to do 2 miles in 13 minutes. I know that's fucking nothing but my current 2 mile time is like 15:30. I fucking despise every second of every run.
>>
>>35889635
What is the BEST job in the army in your opinion.
>>
>>35889667
You're close, just keep pushing and pump yourself up before the big run.
>>
File: Witcher033.png (228KB, 743x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher033.png
228KB, 743x1075px
>>35889635
>AMA.
Have you ever seen anyone fail basic training?
How do women pass basic training?
>>
>I can't even do 1 pushup
>saw females in lardass conditions joining the marines
Doing 20 situps and reattempting pushups tonight. Please let me make it.
>>
>>35889635
How many years you in for
>>
Navy Vet here. Feel free to ama
>>
>being Chad's bitch

Yah, no thanks
>>
>>35889474
They get you in shape at boot camp....
>>
>>35889747
Air Force here, I've only seen two people fail out of basic. One took the piss test and popped hot for meth (!) and the other was a hungry skellington that literally couldn't do a single push-up. But he didn't even want to be in the military.
>>
>>35889747
>>35889635
this
im a fucking weakling who can barely do 10 pushups, how would i fair in BMT?
>>
how to join some more elite branch in the military?
>>
>>35890806
I'm joining the Air Force too, I am also a hungry skellington, I am not engaged in panic mode as I still can't do a single pushup. I am going to up the ante of my workout tenfold for the remaining 27 days until I ship. My goal is 30 situps and 10 pushups by the time I ship. I'm scared to fucking death right now regardless because I've also been trying to lift heavier objects at work. I feel that since I've started I went from being in excruciating pain for a week to just regular soreness, but man this is taking forever.

>>35890829
I'm guessing if you show initiative and improvement you'll do fine. We have to work our asses off man. I read some stories elsewhere, I really hope they don't kick us out for not doing a high amount once we get there.

/blogpost
>>
>>35890829
You'll be fine. I could only do 23 my first day, and I left doing 50. Every night before you go to bed do 15 push ups and sit ups. Then increase it to 20 as you go on, and then 30, until you can pass your pt test
>>
How do I improve my push up game?
I'm pretty weak so I can only do about 13 to a set, and then for the next 2 sets I can only scrape 8 or so.
>>
File: C8A-gZbXQAEvBgN.jpg (50KB, 474x559px) Image search: [Google]
C8A-gZbXQAEvBgN.jpg
50KB, 474x559px
How do you military bots feel about Prof. Getscucked from Drexel University?
>>
>>35890989
screw that shit how a fuck do people do situps
if nothing holds my feet down I won't even lift up and I have a really long torso so the knee touching shit dont work
>>
>>35890989
Make sure you have proper form. Tense ass cheeks, stomach tensed, arms at a distance and watch your head.
Try also to do diamond push ups as well.
>fit/izen
>>
>>35890915
Just remember everyone regrets joining the Air Force when they get to boot camp. You will have no tv, no entertainment, nothing. You will study and march everywhere. You will do pt at 6 am every morning except Sunday. You will sometimes get guard duty shifts in the middle of the night that cuts through your sleep for 2 hours. You go to sleep at 21:00 or 9 o clock and wake up at 5:45. They rush you too. Now that I am in the Air Force, and I've been in for a year now I kind of wish I would of went to college and become an officer. You will be getting paid like 545 dollars every 2 weeks for 6 months straight only. And remember you can legally get out of shipping to BMT anyway you want. You don't sign the real contract of enlistment until you go to MEPS on the day you ship.
>>
>>35891137
In the Air force you cross your arms and you only have to go up and have your elbows touch your thighs and that counts as 1 sit up. You have to do 43 minimum sit ups in 1 minute and for push ups you have 1 minute to do 32.
>>
>>35891149
>Just remember everyone regrets joining the Air Force when they get to boot camp. You will have no tv, no entertainment, nothing.

Fucking pussy; that's how it is for EVERY branch. So sick of you chairforcers and your "woe is me attitude". Come bitch to me when your entire career isn't a permanent home station
>>
>>35891082
why would someone do that? did the uniformed guy suffer stroke mid-flight or something?
>>
>>35891173
>. You have to do 43 minimum sit ups in 1 minute and for push ups you have 1 minute to do 32.
bruh...60 seconds..really?
>>
>>35891219
LMAO shut up kid I work on the flightline all day outside. And have done so for the past 4 months in the winter from 11pm to 8 am in the morning. You infantry muscle head or w/e you are sit on your ass all day and do details cause there's no war.
>>
>>35891244
>I worked on a flightline for 9 hours a day ;_;

Oh boy that sounds ROUGH
>>
>>35891275
Marinefag here. What set you reppin brah?
>>
>>35891139

Thanks for the tips. Diamond push ups may be just what I need.
It's too bad I'm not getting any real mass since my weak ass can't consume more than like 2000 calories a day without puking.
>>
>>35891244
>maintainer

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Kids, don't let your recruiter try and give you any job that involves the flightline
>>
24 y/o friendless virgin who is failing university and has never had a job before thinking about army or marines. Would that be retarded? I'm running out of ideas.
>>
>>35891318
Cyber security here.

>>35891316
>>35891139
My intake is actually 1200-1500 calories
Is this fucking up my workouts?
>>
>>35891299
Navy Subs. I worked 15 hour days, every day, 3 section duty, spent more time underwater than above it during the years I was in; so I get very pissed at chairforcers
>>
>>35891335

Try a trade or a driving gig like trucking or Uber/Lyft
>>
>>35889474
>enlist USMC
>go to boot last year
>break both legs
>no benefits because I wasn't in long enough
>neet now
Every time I see one of these threads I wanna die a little more. Why did it have to be me?
>>
>>35890831
Running, push-ups, pull-ups, and crunches. Hitting the gym will get you big and muscular but calisthenics will get you in the shape you need
>>
>>35891365
How the fuck did you break your le-
>USMC
oh right
>>
>>35891365
>the military breaks you
>doesn't pay for you

If you're not larping, you need to write your congressman and the VA asap because that's some bullshit. If the military breaks you, they pay you.
>>
Anybody just want to meet basic requirements to pass? I can keep training and getting better once I pass the initial phase, I do not think PT gets you promoted...or does it.
>>
>>35891357
I feel you. I watch their boot camp videos when I need a good laugh. Most sailors seem like huge fags but I wouldn't wish sub duty on my worst enemy. Enjoy that extra pay man you deserve it
>>
>>35891357
You probably work 2 15 hour days a week. And those 15 hours are with breaks dumbass because it's against the law to work you that long straight without a lunch and many many breaks. You dont call a maintainer a chairforcer where work around a killing machine everyday that has bombs, flares, high pressure air that could snap you in half, toxic waste and material used on that plane if ingested could kill you, equipment on the plane like radars that can melt your organs from the inside or cause them to explode internally.
>>
>>35891387
They'll make you a marine or they'll physically destroy you in the process. Based on the number of people I saw in MRP and PEB vs the total number of recruits on the island at any time, about 1 in 20 people who goes there will destroy themselves instead of graduating boot. Shit's no joke.
>>35891391
What do I even say? They discharged me as "condition not a disability", and basically told me there was no way I'd get any benefits at all if I filed.
>>
>>35891365
San Diego or PI? I was in MRP for a good 4 months
>>
>>35891448
>you probably worked 2 15 hour days a week
>the military respects labor laws and won't overwork you

Howtostopachairforcer101
>>
>>35891463
PI, last year. I was in MRP from may until august, when I went home.
>>
>>35891458
Go to your local va with your medical record and see what they can do. Surely you have some long term side effects that can get you something. Hell I developed the beetus when I was in and I still get disability for it even though it was genetic
>>
>>35891480
Gotcha. Sustained half a dozen stress fractures in SD man, I know what it's like. Saw a lot of deserving guys have to go home with nothing
>>
>>35891511
Alright. I still have my med records and all my discharge papers handy.
>>35891520
Shit sucks. It seemed like the most motivated guys, the ones who were most willing to push themselves were the ones who broke themselves.
>>
>>35891577
Throw in a few shitbags too, but yeah we'd be lucky to have some of those guys
>>
File: FjtcTlKl.jpg (51KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
FjtcTlKl.jpg
51KB, 640x364px
>swore into the air force at meps
>going to boot camp soon

I'm scared robots. I know the air force is supposed to be the easiest branch but I'm still scared. Am I going to make it

I'm an awkward lanklet robot. What if they fuck my shit up
>>
>>35891474
Coast Guard here, what up?
>>
>>35891623
Are you going right now or in like a few weeks?
Just make sure you improve at a good rate so even if you don't pass they'll give you another shot.
>>
>>35891623
Keep your head down, dont sand bag it, think 10 steps ahead when your doing stuff youll be fine
>>
>>35889474
I got in to the university I wanted and I settled on doing nursing and attending ROTC as a nursing cadet.
>>
>>35891659
Gay
Original comment 9001
>>
File: 4Ch459.jpg (39KB, 640x818px) Image search: [Google]
4Ch459.jpg
39KB, 640x818px
>>35891658
>dont sand bag it
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>35891149
>You go to sleep at 21:00 or 9 o clock and wake up at 5:45.

Lol wtf I'm a lazy drunkard with a comfy office job and even I can manage this.
>>
>>35891629
Sorry, this thread is for service members who were part of the Department of Defense, not Department of Commerce. Please show yourself out.
>>
>>35891678
Like when people are doing pt and shit dont be the fag that gives up doing pushups and makes everyone have to do push ups longer
>>
>>35891676
Thanks faggot.

I originally wanted to major in Medical Laboratory Science but I found out that you're either a line cadet or nursing cadet. Went the safer route to a major I still enjoy. At least in nursing I'll be able to go full chad.
>>
>>35891645
In a few weeks. This is so crazy for me to think about. What have I gotten myself into. I wish I were a normie who could function at a normal job and didn't have to go to the military as a last resort.

>>35891658
I'll try anon. What if I'm a clueless moron though? I seem to be really bad at following instructions no matter how hard I try. I always mess something up.

I did notice, though, that at MEPS, the Air Force officers were the nicest guys there. The Marines and Army officers were really mean in comparison. Is Air Force nice to you at boot camp as well
>>
>>35891692
Dont be ass blasted we get all the same benefits as you, same pay, same retirement, referral for comfy dhs and dod jobs, oh yeah and we dont deploy so we get to stay back home and fuck your wives and girlfriends while your in iraqistan
>>
>>35891692
Coasties are all right in my book, but they always sort of gave off the "good cop vibe." The buzzkills that are good at their job but don't know how to function outside for it.
>>
>>35891739
Fuck no, everyone is an asshole at boot

Its 8 measely weeks, and its all a game. Their job is to fuck with you and make you uncomfortable, remember that
>>
>>35891727
>being chad

Yeah have fun chadding it up at portsmouth naval hospital or san diego naval hospital. Youll sure be swimming in puss compared to the fighter pilots.
>>
>>35891767
You must've known some lame coasties because the ones I knew partied hard and gave no fucks. I'd go to parties full of coasties and they would be doing lines of coke in the living room
>>
>>35891739
>In a few weeks.
I ask because I am leaving soon too 04/25
I feel the same way, what have I done, I've been at home all my life in my room being a loser and now I'm going into service.

I will say however that at MEPS almost everyone regardless of branch was pretty chill, but it won't be anything like that at BMT.
>>
>>35891767
Thanks bro, yeah I think the ones that are like that become institutionalized since we have such a high retainment rate
>>
>>35891787
Do lots of robots make it in the military

I am really far on the robot spectrum. I'm scared that I will make a fool of myself.

I try and try, but everything else in my life ended in failure. What if this is no different?
>>
>>35891814
Its a much different guard now adays. Kinda sucks. More than half of my old drinkin buddies went cold turkey or got booted out.
>>
>>35891842
It depends on the person and how much they want to actually change. I've seen a lot of "robots" in the military who were complete autists and didn't make it more than a year before they were basically forced to sad panda because nobody liked them
>>
>>35891842
>>35891787
You guys know they have stress cards in BMT now right? It's made for pussies so dw
>>
>>35891883
It wasn't even that long ago. Their logic was "coke only stays in your body for 3 days and it's friday." Military also doesn't test for LSD so they were taking that too on the regular. Maybe I just new the "bad crowd" of coasties
>>
>>35891842
Yes, you will be fine. Just dont make excuses. If you fuck up own it. And work hard, apply yourself, and dont get involved with the wrong crowd. Also, stay away from sniches and gossip queens.
>>
>>35891890
What branch did you go? They sure as shit didn't have "stress cards" in USMC boot.
>>
>>35891888
>>35891890
What if I get my ass kicked like Pyle in Full Metal Jacket

I'm not fat but I'm a lanklet and I am extremely socially awkward even by robot standards. Will the Chads fuck my shit up?
>>
>>35891890
And they give out granola bars apparently

They didnt have that shit when I went through

(10 years ago)
>>
>>35889539
In the same boat as this guy but for muhreens.
Any good methods to increase my 3-mile time? It's really bad right now, like 25-27 minutes minimum.
>>
>>35891937
>What if I get my ass kicked like Pyle in Full Metal Jacket

That doesn't happen and hasn't happened for decades. Other recruits are seen just as dog shit as you are and will not be allowed to get away with beating you. And the instructors will not physically harm you either.
>>
>>35891937
The drill seargants and other staff are NOT ALLOWED within an arms length of you + stress cards
it's seriously pussy shit

>>35891927
You must be joking because the stress cards were specifically in the USMC BMT
>>
>>35891914
Maybe, Ive always made it a point to not hang out with coworkers. The ones Ill go have some beers with Ive known for a few years and i know wont get us arrested or something retarted
>>
>>35891940
>>35891890

I've heard (not confirmed) that recruits also get their phones during liberty on sundays
>>
>>35891992
confirming that right now, yes they do depending on how well they do. their progress and how much time they have. Those are privileges and like all privileges they are earned.
>>
>>35891970
I don't know what fucking dimension you're in, but I went to USMC boot last summer and if I had asked for a "stress card" I would have been bent over stacked footlockers and spitroasted in the center highway. Sure there's not as much straight up beating of recruits (although there still is some) but it's not like it's fucking EASY now.
>>
>>35891992
Must be nice.... i dont really care. Most kids coming out of there are worthless anyway and thats all branches. Fun to redpill them and make them functioning human beings
>>
What the fuck are stress cards
>>
>>35892028
>Fun to redpill them and make them functioning human beings

>Uh, chief? What's this about me going to Captain's Mast for derogatory comments regarding race, relation, sexual orientation, or gender identities?
>>
>>35892026
How do you even respond to them asking who the OOD is when your being spitroasted? Kek
>>
>>35892026
I heard a guy say that he went to Marine boot camp in 2009 and a sergeant fucking drop kicked him

Does that actually happen?
>>
Airforce here, shipping out May 23rd. Anybody else anytime close by? We could meet up and it'd be pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>35892086
>meet up in boot camp

It's not a summer camp. You'll be in a smallish group of everybody there. You don't just to go around and socialize with people outside of that group. You'll be basically under guard by your instructors the entire time.
>>
>>35892078
I didn't get drop kicked, but I did get punched in the face a few times. The worst was when a guy wrapped my PT belt around my neck and choked me until I nearly passed out, but that was only once, and my SDI FUCKED him up for it when he ran in and found us alone in the shower room.
Ultimately, it's better if they slap you around a little bit now, than if they're lax and you end up getting shot later.
>>
>>35892071
Yeah like how the real world works...that kind of redpill. How to not wreck your career and what not to say around women/queers/ nonwhites no matter how cool they seem.

Like im gonna be like, hey BM3! Cummon into the chiefs mess and lemme tell ya bout the jews!
>>
>>35892117
he probably means after they pass
obviously they can't meet up while training but during their free time when they get their phones back they can text each other for a breif 2 seconds
>>
>>35892086
eveyrone post ship dates, two of you might get lucky enough to be put in the same squad
>>
>>35892117
>>35892175
Not gonna late I thought it was the former, I figured we'd all be grouped up and somewhere I could chat with a fellow roboto for a few minutes. Oh well.
>>
>>35892145
On my boat, ediv had the jewist Jew I've ever met. Everybody hated him and should've gone to mast 20 times over but his chief and LPO hated him too

I actually got a checkout by going into maneuvering and dropping coins on the deck. That's how jewy he was.
>>
>>35892237
not gonna lie*

>>35892233
How likely is that? It has to be very uncommon right?
>>
>>35892237
that would only happen if you got shipped out from the same MEPS facility, sorry bud. I heard they give you a food voucher before you get to BMT tho lmao looking forward to stinking up the facilities with my white castle poop
>>
File: 1475789004196.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1475789004196.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
>>35892279
I was the only robot at MEPS. That place was normie central. I felt like a fish out of water. How do militarybots handle it
>>
>>35892252
To add onto this, I got "dared" into saying something near him. He was trying to qualify EWS so it was the first time he got his ass out of maneuvering in years and had to be in the actual engineroom.

I said "Oy vey it's as hot as an oven back here. It's like anudda shoah." My chief burst into hysterics and blazed a good 40 signatures.
>>
>>35892252
Why didnt he go to mast, what for?
>>
>>35892313
I have no idea. Once I was staying overnight at the hotel for MEPS, everyone was grouped up eating together laughing together. I walked out of the dining area, went to my room, showered and came back down. Some of the same people were still there from an hour before. As I was fidgeting and bringing back desserts to my lone table two guys came up to me and started asking me questions and chatting. They apparently knew about everyone in the damn room.
>>
>>35892332
Well he should've gone to mast for just being an annoying shitbag, but I meant everybody else who was constantly making jewish and holocaust jokes. He'd get waken up for watch by coners jingling bags full of coins near his rack
>>
File: 1490536746656.jpg (75KB, 1013x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1490536746656.jpg
75KB, 1013x1072px
>>35892313
Airforcebro here, I saw an autistic guy with Shinobu as his phone background at MEPS but he went navy instead. It feels bad if what other militarybots are saying, that we could've been in the same squad if I went navy. Oh well...
>>
>>35892356
Navy? What rate? Usually jews arent snipes
>>
>>35892371
>navy
nigga you do not want to be navy
>>
>>35892382
Me: Machinist mate nuke subs
Him: Electricians mate nuke subs

He was an odd one. Constantly complained and he even sounded like the jewish stereotypes, and had the mannerism. Seeing him was like seeing a real life happy merchant
>>
Why the fuck would a jew go into the military? That's a job for goyim who have nowhere else to go. Wasn't this guy already set for life by his parents?
>>
>>35892390
No, I think airforce is the only branch I'd like to be in but it's quite sad knowing I'll be going with dumb normies instead. I don't care if it's called the chairforce, I'd rather be comfy then join the uncomfy branches.
>>
Superpogue NG JAG reporting in. Ask me about my desk.
>>
File: jewm1.png (571KB, 524x514px) Image search: [Google]
jewm1.png
571KB, 524x514px
>>35892429
Not all jews are part of the tribe, anon. He was also a brown jew from obvious middle eastern decent.
>>
>>35892412
>Constantly complained and he even sounded like the jewish stereotypes, and had the mannerism

What are the stereotypes? I know they are said to be greedy and have big noses but what are their mannerisms?
>>
>>35892448
How many idiot kids have you made cry due to their poor legal decisions?
>>
>>35892518
None. Though when they tell me they want to leave all their bennies and shit to their cunt girlfriend I do roll my eyes.
>>
>>35891960
When you get tired just run harder so you don't feel tired. When you get tired just run harder so you don't feel tired. When you get tired just run harder so you don't feel tired.

You won't die but you will feel very weak and lethargic like a faggot.

Practice on an elliptical machine with a timer on it.
>>
>>35892576
Well that's boring. Fine, what's the oddest thing you've taken a guy to NJP or court martial for (or whatever the NG equivalent of that is)
>>
>>35892611
I don't do that. I don't want to do that.
>>
>>35892448
>Superpogue NG JAG
What the fuck does that even mean?
Super power rogue New Game Jaguar Assassins Guild?
>>
>>35892678
Wanna know how I know you're not .mil?
>>
>>35892647
Isn't that one of the most routine things JAGs are supposed to do? Is your department so stacked that you can just push it off on other JAGs? My JAG was the only one we had and she just sat in her office all day doing nothing but rubber stamping shit and prepping mass cases
>>
>>35890764
What was life in the navy like?
>>
>>35892702
you said ask me about my desk
i asked you what thefuck you meant boy
answer bitch
>>
>>35892678
>>35892702
When do you learn all this military jargon? I'm shipping off to basic soon and I don't know what any of this shit means. Are you supposed to learn it before you go?
>>
>>35892726
See >>35891357 for the gist of it. I can answer specific questions
>>
Am I going to look all chiseled and fit once I graduate basic?
>>
>>35892711
I'm not a SJA, I'm part of a separate unit and we all do different things.
>>
>>35892739
>35892752

Only army and marines use the term POG which basically means people not in a combat role
JAG is Judge Advocate General which is basically a military lawyer
NG is national guard

You learn most of it as you go. I remember learning a lot of acronyms in boot camp but swiftly forgot them as they didn't apply to me, then picked up the rest as I went along
>>
>>35892739
You'll figure it out. Acronyms are the language.
>>
>>35892789

Probably not. The BEST you can hope for is ottermode body because the only exercising you'll be doing in basic is pushups, sit ups, running, and pull ups, and (and faggy warm up exercises which don't do shit).
>>
>28
>have EE degreee
>make 75k/yr but tired of job
>am awkward and spergy

Could I have a shot at OCS/OTS?

Should I? Is officer for confident alphas only?
>>
>>35892789
No, it's all cardio. Garbage tier exercises too.
>>
>>35892026
What's up super boot!
I hope you got a super POG MOS like data or food specialist.
>>
>>35892863
Yes, apply. You have a good chance at every branch except probably the Retard Coresp
>>
>>35892863
>already making a good amount of money in the civilian world

You'll be taking a sheer downgrade in income, and you'll be treated like shit. I'd advise you not to do it unless you REALLY want to say you served
>>
>>35892863
>Could I have a shot at OCS/OTS?
Stop.
_
_
_
-
-
-
-
_
_
_

Hammer time.
>>
File: 1490827209851.jpg (251KB, 1024x929px) Image search: [Google]
1490827209851.jpg
251KB, 1024x929px
Being 25 now my biggest regret is never joining when I was 18 and now I'm to old and have accomplished nothing in my life.
>>
>>35892026
I think you're lying about being a Marine since you can clearly read enough to participate ITT
>>
>>35892863
yeah if you want to be a basic ass 2nd lt of some combat unit
only officer worth being is in the medical field and you can't go in there without a medical license
>>
>>35892929
You can join the Navy until you're 39
>>
>>35892894

But I thought officers were treated a bit better.

Im not right on the edge of applying, I just want to know if its an option for a weird socially awkward autismo like me to somehow be a leader of men.
>>
File: IMG_6750.jpg (61KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6750.jpg
61KB, 479x479px
I did rotc in uni for about a year, but I quit cause I couldn't pass any pt tests due to how fucked my feet are . I'm getting soles for them which will correct them, so I'm thinking about enlisting then, but idk if I'll be able to even then due to the fact I took antidepressants for like a couple years when I was 16
>>
>>35892944
>But I thought officers were treated a bit better.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Also, just because you're an officer doesn't mean people will respect you. They'll respect your rank and that's about it. If your senior officer thinks you're a dumb ass loser (Assuming you even got got far) he's going to give you the shit-ass jobs.

Stay in your job. 75k is more than what you'd make as an O5 and that would be after 20 years of ass kissing
>>
>>35892941
I Just want to be meat for the machine like a regular solider during a war and kill many, for america of course.
>>
File: 1471521930974.png (260KB, 640x535px) Image search: [Google]
1471521930974.png
260KB, 640x535px
>enlist in USAF
>get approved for MEPS
>finally ready to get my life started
>right eye decides to fuck itself to hell
>have to pause enlistment until I can pay out of pocket to get it fixed

Glad they raised the age limit, I guess.
>>
>>35892939
>>35892984
>Enlistedfags actually believe things like this to compensate for their inferiority
>>
Die for israel retards
>>
>>35892984
This is what happens when the military fills up with fags looking for gibsmedats and money.

The cash pay is shit but the benefits are god tier and feeling like you're doing something is a big deal for many.
>>
>>35893023
Wtf are you talking about? If you're a pos officer who nobody likes, you're going to be shoved into a job where you're basically just a token officer with a senior enlisted who runs the show
>>
68W army medic bot here, if anyone goes into any branch just go active duty. I went reserves and its total shit, especially right after you finish all the training with the chads that are going airborne ranger, you start to feel like a worthless piece of shit
>>
>>35893088
can't say how right this is mate, even in training or wherever the fuck, the commander walks in, says some bullshit, walks out, then the 1sg says what needs to be said
>>
>>35893088
True, but if you're a POS enlisted that nobody likes that's the same.
>>
>>35893173

Officers are supposed to be held to a MUCH higher standard though. Shitbag enlisted don't give a shit about hookups for fuckups, whereas officers should feel ashamed for being relegated to an office where their only job is to sign papers and give the weekly ORM brief because they aren't trusted to do anything else.
>>
>>35893171
That's because that's the only side of it you see it seems that way.

>>35893113
Quit being so beta. Do your job with pride and quit worrying that you're not some super operator. Medics are fucking important.
>>
>>35893171
I've had every flavor of officer. My first officer was very hard working and respected. When he said that something would get done - it got done that day - usually that hour.

Then I knew an officer for another division who was incredibly shit and lazy who didn't care and just dragged his feet on everything.

My division flourished, where as that other division was full of disgruntled enlisted with very bad attitudes where nothing got done because their officer was always a road block
>>
>>35893220
oh hells yeah im proud of my job man, im saying for the guys that get a 31 ASVAB (temporarily dropped it to 21 recently) and get stuck with 88M, some people got slightly butthurt
>>
>>35893260
i feel you, it just depends on the duty station, hear mostly bad things from my buddies is what im saying
>>
>>35893274
>got 98 on ASVAB
>people I work with and depend my life on got bare minimum to get in
>still remember back in the day of DEP when I saw people leaving the recruiting office because they couldn't even get that

Literally how can people be that dumb. The ASVAB requires math that you learn in fucking 6th grade.
>>
File: 1456704947498.jpg (111KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
1456704947498.jpg
111KB, 608x800px
>>35893338
or better yet! having a fucking ASVAB waiver! those exist
>>
>>35890915
It doesn't matter dude. They no people are out of shape. Its boot camp holy shit. You think they're going to let you leave boot camp without being in military shape?
>>
File: IMG_6813.jpg (84KB, 662x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6813.jpg
84KB, 662x715px
>>35889635
25B here, not shipped to basic yet, how's AIT like? I have very little computer knowledge, would it be challenging for me? Do you like your job? plz respond
>>
>>35893435
most of the people i saw get kicked out were because of behavior issues, someone called someone a jew, said they wanted to shoot someone when we were at a range, things like that. if you REALLY can't get into shape the recycle you until you can pass the PT test.
>>
>>35891335
No it's not retarded they pay for everything. You'll have something to do everyday for like 4 years and depending on how it is you'll probably never have to complete a tour of duty
>>
>>35892330
I used to work with a "jew"
He was 5'4" and got a custom made camouflage kippah. It was hilarious because he put in taps on his boots, despite literally everyone telling him to take them off, so you could hear him coming a mile away.

The funny thing was that he wasn't actually Jewish. We got another jew into our unit who saw him and immediately started speaking to him in Hebrew. He just started stuttering and told her that he wasn't ordained yet. Shit was jokes
>>
>>35893532
>camo kippah
We had one of those. He was a literal cuckold too and probably the biggest 2-faced liar and buddy fucker I'd ever met. He played the long-con too for buddy fucking; really got to know you and get up close until he had some dirt on you. Really wish Hitler had got his family, and if there was none, he'd make up a lie
>>
Going to a recruiter in a week or two im going for GM in the navy
>>
if anybody is thinking of joining, just know once you get shipped off to basic, BOY are you stuck. trying to kill yourself, saying you wont participate in training, it all just makes everybody shun you and destroy whatever relationships you could have hoped to have
remember one fucker drank some cleaning fluid and another stuck his head in a toilet to "drown" himself. They were still there after my company graduated
>>
>>35889635
>>35893452
plz respond

originally
>>
>>35893609
>signs up to do what many consider to be the ultimate sacrifice
>refuses to do basic shit
>people shun them for it

Geeze who would've thought
>>
I took the marine corps practice test and failed the math part so they never called me. Lmao imagine if I passed I would have signed that fucking contract. Would have been a marine though
>>
What do you guys think of the French Foreign Legion?

The military in my country is pretty inactive, and not that great, and I really have nothing planned ahead and no prospect of anything remotely interesting happening to me in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>35893664
Not the 25B but know that most work in any MOS is tough but fair, and most of the time if you get terrible grades you get one shot to recycle and start from a milestone of some sort,
hope that relieved some pressure off of you
>>
>>35893706
You failed a test where the hardest problem is entry level geometry?
>>
>>35893706
Yea dude I'm really bad at math
>>
>>35893731
Yea dude I'm really bad at math. Always have been
>>
>>35893723
From what I hear, FFL sucks major dick and it's only worth it if you're a criminal with no future because they give you a new identity. You also have to speak fluent french, the physical portion is insane, and you get the shittiest deployments possible
>>
I am jelly. I have a shit body and I doubt I would make it in the military. The few times I dabbled with guns, my aim was shit and I doubt I'd get much skill with practice.
>>
orginalala
>>
>>35893706
>>35893754
You need basic math in just about anything above minimum wage. Get your shit together.
>>
holy shit I did not expect this many people on /r9k/ to be motivated or dedicated enough to be in the military.

I'm off to OCS in July to be a nuke, wish me luck.
>>
>>35893857
>wish me luck.
>nuke
>officer

I'm guessing you're also forced to going subs seeing how you have a dick between your legs.

There's not enough luck in the world to help you out.

Enjoy charleston though
>>
>>35893857

I'm surprised a robot could become a NUPOC. That seems like the kind of thing where you need to be some genius superchad.
>>
>tfw just wanted to get the training period done for compulsory military training
>it's over next Monday
Americans that come here every other month are pretty cool. They never suspect I'm pretty good at English and are surprised since local people are pretty shit at it. Helped these guys every time I rolled an overnight duty and they couldn't order pizzas.

The worst part is probably cleaning up after these guys leave, literally found a dead mouse in one room. Clean after yourselves sometimes sm h
>>
>>35893935
>be nuke
>non-nukes view us as super geniuses with an IQ of 400 who never leave the engine room because we're bashing atoms with hammers
>>
>>35893904
Why would being an officer be any worse than being enlisted? And I opted for subs, originally I was actually being recruited to teach.

>>35893935
Wouldn't call myself a genius superchad but I also objectively don't fit the robot profile. But then again I didn't think anyone in the military would fit the robot profile.
>>
French Foreign Legion.
Viens mourir pour la France.
>>
>>35894014
>Why would being an officer be any worse than being enlisted

I'm going to assume you meant for nuke seeing how the differences should be obvious normally

As an officer nuke, you'll immediately get sent to Charleston for 6 months for power school which, while easy, is leagues harder than the enlisted power school, then you get sent to prototype where the enlisted qualify 1/3 what you do based on their rate while you're having to qualify for a supervisory role.

Then when you get to your sub, you're immediately put into being a Div-O (Division officer), given a stack of qual cards and 2 years to qualify everything on the boat and get your fish (which require you to qualify everything). Your life will be an endless cycle of qualifying shit - and ON TOP OF THIS you'll also be in charge of a division of enlisted who don't give a shit about that and will constantly be bombarding you with their stuff.
>>
>>35893997
In latvia?
>>
>halfway done with contract

Holy shit I can't wait, being in has its benefits but it fucking sucks having to wake up at the ass crack of morning every weekday to workout no matter what the weather is outside and dealing with bullshit throughout the day
>>
>>35894271
The memes about getting out are real. You will literally wake up one day and realize you have nothing to do and it is the best feeling ever. It's like a billion pound weight got lifted off of you. Everybody says it takes a while to adjust to civilian life and boy is that true. I got out 3 months ago and I still can't believe it some days. I still feel like I'm on an extended leave even though I should be doing adult stuff right now but being free just feels too damn good
>>
>>35894107
Yeah I mean obviously I'm relatively young and naive but all of that actually seems really exciting. Like I know it's going to be miserable for long periods but I also majored in chemistry for fun and this seems a hell of a lot more interesting than investment banking or consulting (what most of my friends are doing next year).
>>
>>35894375
This is exciting for me too and I really want you to remember me in a year or two as "that one anon who told me how shit this was going to be"
>>
>>35891960
have you tried running faster?
>>
U.S. Navy DEP here with less than 4 months till I ship. How hard is it to pass the PT test in bootcamp? My highest PT scores are 39 pushups, 55 sit ups, and the mile and half in 12:37 and I'm 18.
>>
>>35894473
Im shipping in 2 months i am interested aswell.
>>
>>35894473
You have 6 months to be able to do 10 more push ups, 5 more sit ups, and trim your run down 7 seconds. You'll be fine.
>>
>>35894528
What's your job? I'm going to be an HM
>>
>>35894473
>>35894528
>how hard is the pt test
Not hard at all. You just do push up, sit ups, and the run.

The run is the only remotely hard thing and that's only because you'll be running on a tiny track (in doors) with like 100 other people while wearing a faggy ankle bracelet
>>
>>35894349
I can't wait to eat and drink what I want without having to worry about a random pt test happening and actually being able to get pain checked out on my body by real doctors
>>
>>35894568
SH i wanted GM but you know needs of the navy haha
>>
>>35894419
Are you enlisted or officer? currently active duty?

Also thanks for the heads up, I'll remember you along with the list of people who warned me that "being in a submarine might be kind of claustrophobic"
>>
>>35893059
>feeling like you're doing something
>meanwhile my daily schedule consists of shovelling snow in the snow, standing next to vehicles while mechanics fix them, and 350-1 bullshit

army is worst meme
>>
>>35894584
Only advice I can give you now is to schedule an appointment exactly 6 months before your EAOS to start the disability process because that takes FOREVER. I didn't do that and wish I did. You need 30% disabled to qualify for Tricare - which is probably the best benefit after the GI bill
>>
>>35894630
Damn, so far the only things ive fucked up really are my wrist and my hip, I dont think I'd get that much just for that. Also maybe I could claim my back since it fucking sucks but its always been like that even before joining
>>
>>35891243
For my grade 10 gym test we had to do 40 situps in a minute so it's not too bad bruv
>>
>>35894667
>even before joining
Doesn't matter, claim it.
Claim tinnitus too. Immediate 10% and they can't test for it.
Claim everything. Document everything wrong with you. Go to the doctors when you're close to getting out and have a fucking Catholic confession for everything wrong with you.
>>
>>35894699
Oh nice idea I should, the funny thing is I fucked up my hearing back in high school by listening to ipods on full blast. i used to get rining in my ear all the time but havent heard it in a few years now
>>
>>35894748
I've had tinnitus since birth and I've never had a time where I haven't had ringing in my ears.

Even if it's mostly bullshit and made up in your mind, they have to test for it, and even if it has a grain of truth they may diagnose you with it which is more disability.

I'm just aiming for that magic 30% for tricare, and I'd be ecstatic with anything more
>>
>>35894271
>>35894349
>tfw 6 year active duty contract
Y-you too
>>
>>35895115
I had one too. 24 now but finally freeeeee. Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>35894444
Fucking kek

Thanks anon you just solved all of my problems
>>
I've been legally barred from military entrance due to ADHD and psyche issues as a kid. Feels awful. It was all I ever wanted growing up was to be like my father. But, now I work in healthcare.
>>
Would it be a good idea to join up for 4 years for qualifications? I have none really atm
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.