[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather work a job you hate for more money, or a job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1373561654732.gif (403KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1373561654732.gif
403KB, 640x360px
Would you rather work a job you hate for more money, or a job you love for less money?
>>
>>35887394
>Would you rather work a job you hate for more money, or a job you love for less money?

It depends where in my career I am at the moment

If the options were between a shitty job that will help me get to where I want to be in life or a fun job eating ice cream all day I would choose the shitty job momentarily regardless of income

If the options were between my dream end game job that I love or some shitty job that makes more money I would choose the job that makes less because I love it
>>
Allows you to have free time
Pays well
Enjoyable

Choose 2
>>
I'd work any job that allows me to live comfortably. I don't give a shit about being rich, so yea I guess I'd work a job I love for less money, provided that money is enough for me to live comfortably.
>>
>>35887445
>>35887445
>Allows you to have free time
>Pays well
>Enjoyable
Last two is fine
>>
>>35887394
>a job you love
contradiction in terms
>>
>>35887394
A job i love. I dont have a terribly large desire for money. As long as i can afford room, a bathroom, food and have some money on the side for savings, im perfectly fine
>>
I have a job I tolerate for medium money. It's okay.

Not that i have much choice right now. There are no jobs.
>>
>>35888299
>>a job you love
>contradiction in terms
What if you had a job playing video games
>>
>>35887394
A job that's comfy for less. Hopefully the job I'm aiming for will be like that, it supposedly is low-stress, so I think I'll be fine.
>>
>>35888372
The first thing you learn it not to mix your hobbies with work because they just become a miserable chore.
>>
>>35887445
desu I don't need free time. I'd just spend it in my room on 4chan
>>
>>35888372
I disagree with the guy who says you can't enjoy a job, but playing video games is not a fun job. It's just going to be bug-testing, where you play the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to find bugs and stuff. Unless it's like youtube stuff, but that requires a good voice and fun personality and luck.
>>
>>35888397

Can confirm this.

>majored in art because fell for follow your dreams meme
>starting to wear thin on it after the four years of degree
>graduate and start doing graphic design and illustration freelance
>pay sucks (of course)
>hours are terrible
>most jobs are "can you do this very specific specialized thing for no money and done by tomorrow?"
>hate it
>hate it so much I quit drawing entirely
>now work in completely unrelated field
>>
>>35887394
It would depend on how livable the lower wage was. If I could still make like 30K a year, then I'd be fine with it.
>>
If it was a liveable wage then I'd take the job I love no question
>>
Spam inc:

Looking for people sick of the status quo to make realistic, lasting changes on themselves and others.

See if the following matches you,
then send an email here:
>comeiherenotorreadyATgmailDOTcom

You have an interest in computer science; either ongoing, or generally disposed towards solving problems with algorithms.
You have above average intelligence and have stood out amongst your peers many times.
You are able to talk and express yourself accurately and with brevity.

You have an interest in learning as well as creating.
More of the same is not enough for you.
There is something in your way and you are fully aware that you are capable of not only succeeding at life, but thriving, given the right circumstances.

Looking for people to create those circumstances with.
Looking for people DONE with continued nothingness, DONE squandering their time and intelligence, ready to change themselves and the world.

If you're ready to break free from your self-defined prison as early as next Monday, which I assume is the reason you're on this board for sad people, send an email.

Have any questions? Who am I? What is this? etc.
Would prefer to answer them via email.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.