[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give one one reason I shouldn't just move to Japan and start

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15

File: 54555.jpg (72KB, 600x400px)
54555.jpg
72KB, 600x400px
Give one one reason I shouldn't just move to Japan and start a new life?

>khv
>have IT degree
>can understand and speak some basic nihongo
>have money
>>
>>118828271
Nobody will give you a job and cost of living is rediculous.
>>
>>35887379
Enjoy a government formerly conquered by ayylmao
>>
>>35887379
Just go try it. Why not?
>>
Japanese are very xenophobic
>>
>>35887379
Give reason(s) it won't just be like your current life but with a poorer understanding of language
>>
Are there any jobs in Japan for electronic security professionals?
>>
>>35887379
why would it make your life better?
>>
you will struggle to find employment without speaking good japanese, their economy sucks
>>
>>35887450
Probably, but for Japanese only, unless you're one of the best at your profession in the world.
>>
>>35887438
What does japan have to do with aliens?
>>
>>35887464

also doesn't japan have the highest rate of adult virgins in the world? it will definitely not be easier to lose your virginity there
>>
>>35887379
Honestly anon the best thing you can do is doing what you want.

Nobody's life ever magically improved by sitting around and thinking about things they could do.

You could love it there, many gaijin who've moved to Japan love it there very much.

Or you could not like it too much, and if you decide to move back to the USA or wherever you are from, it's not the end of the world.

As long as you have a plan and keep your eyes on the goal, whatever that goal is, I think you will be successful
>>
>>35887447
This is a meme.

blox345563453
>>
>>35887487
"""virgins"""

their adult industry is unmatched
>>
>>35887464
This. Japan has been in a 30 year recession. They will only hire the BEST of the best, and if you can't even speak Japanese they'll laugh you away. They also don't like non-Japs at all so good luck getting over that hurdle in a society that doesn't have diversity quotas
>>
Go swallow some redpill on r/japanlife first
>>
>This will be OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk&t
>>
>>35887525
>They also don't like non-Japs at all
Meme.
>>
File: 34223544254.jpg (37KB, 632x442px) Image search: [Google]
34223544254.jpg
37KB, 632x442px
>>35887467
Extraterrestrials are an integral part of Japanese history and politics.

You see, up until about the mid 19th century, Japan was under rule of the Tokugawa Shogunate and the entire country was isolated from foreign nations "sakoku"

A lot of people believe it was the Americans or Europeans who arrived in Japan during this time, but in 1853, the "black ships" actually described in Edo are extraterrestrial spacecraft that landed in Japan at the time.

The Bakumatsu was actually a war between the Shogun's armies and the ayylmao, but the latter won due to their advanced technology and weapons.

The later-established Meiji government was a co-effort by both ayylmao and humans in Japan. The ayylmao stayed in the country within japanese society until the 20th century, when they left Japan. With their help, Japan might've won WW2.

This has been written out of history books, but it's true.
>>
>>35887379
>>have IT degree
>>can understand and speak some basic nihongo

There's millions of native Japanese who have IT degrees senpai. They also know all the IT terminology in their native language.

As an English-speaking foreigner your best bet is to become a tarento or an English teacher like everyone else.
>>
File: a3a.jpg (29KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
a3a.jpg
29KB, 636x357px
>tfw mangaka, but can't afford to move to where it's an actual market
>>
>>35887379
>Give one one reason I shouldn't just move to Japan and start a new life?

The Japanese are pretty nationalistic. There might be some novelty to you as a gaijin studying abroad, but they don't want you living in their society. Japanese people are outwardly polite, but only because that's social convention. Deep-down, they'll think you're the scum of the earth.

You can forget about finding a girlfriend. I don't think most parents would be comfortable with their daughter marrying a foreigner. They want pure Japanese babies, and a successful Japanese son-in-law to bring honor to their clan.
>>
>>35887674
There's this thing called the internet that you can publish your work on to get a following. I'd bet money that you didn't go to Japan to learn about Manga.
>>
>>35887681
For the third time, this is a meme. Stop getting all your information on the outside world from 4chan.

>and a successful Japanese son-in-law to bring honor to their clan
They don't have clans, and this isn't the Edo period.
>>
>>35887570
>Meme

lolno
Japan is virulently nationalistic. They loathe diversity. You're not going to find permanent employment there unless you're Japanese. At best, you might be able to go there for a brief period of time on a work visa and teach English classes. But they'll eventually insist you depart back to your inferior homeland.
>>
File: 1489616523302.jpg (167KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489616523302.jpg
167KB, 1080x1080px
>>35887379
I'm a foreigner living in Japan. I've been here for almost 7 years and I came here to this country when I was 16 against my will.

>Give one one reason I shouldn't just move to Japan and start a new life?
Adjusting here is going to be much harder than you think. Japan is a pretty homogeneous place, and while there are definitely foreigner friendly establishments, making a living here will be especially hard for you. I can't even get a high paying job due to the fact that I dropped out of japanese high school.
>>
>>35887738
>I heard about it on Infowars, so it must be true!
>>
>>35887738
lolno
That anon is 100% right, it is a complete meme

You don't know shit about Japan and have probably never even talked to a Japanese person much less have ever been there

The far right in Japan is treated just like they are everywhere else, like fucking idiots who shame the whole country
>>
>>35887720
>Stop getting all your information on the outside world from 4chan.
I've studied Japanese for years, Anon. I provide translation services.

>They don't have clans
They literally have clans. Japanese society is dominated by social castes. No, it's not encoded in their law, but Japanese families still carry on about this shit well into the current century.
>>
>>35887379
Nip anon here.
We don't like westerners here. Go away.
I would be happy if you fuck your sister..Stay way from our women. Americucks and Europoors not.welcome. We hate anime and nerds here so go.fuck a dog.
>>
File: images (15).jpg (22KB, 322x456px) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
22KB, 322x456px
Whats this book like as a starting point for learning Japanese?
>>
>>35887744
What do you do for a living, anon? And how on earth did you get sent to live in Japan at 16?
>>
>>35887806
It's good and basically the go-to choice

The main alternative approach that might be faster but less comprehensive is Tae Kim
>>
>>35887806
Shitty and memey.
>>
>>35887806
>Whats this book like as a starting point for learning Japanese?

First download some shit apps and learn kana
>>
>>35887681
>but only because that's social convention.
Then it's one hell of a convention. I've had a Japanese family take me in and let me stay with them because I turned up on their door, a total stranger, in the middle of the night without a hotel to go to.

At that stage, I'm not sure I care whether it's genuine or an obsession with politeness, it's more welcoming and friendly treatment than you get in the west by quite a margin.
>>
>>35887738
>lolno
lolyes. You are getting all your info from 4chan anons who got their info from 4chan anons are so on. This is how many misconceptions are born and become thought of as "facts."

>You're not going to find permanent employment there unless you're Japanese.
Many foreigners are permanently employed in Japan and have families. There are also foreigners who are citizens.

>>35887787
>I've studied Japanese for years, Anon. I provide translation services.

>They literally have clans.
They literally don't.

>Japanese society is dominated by social castes.
Again, it's not the Edo period anymore.
>>
>>35887776
Nice try libcuck
>>
>>35887867
>I've studied Japanese for years, Anon. I provide translation services.
So?

I wrote "SO?" in my previous post, how did it get deleted?
>>
File: 61305.gif (2MB, 271x303px) Image search: [Google]
61305.gif
2MB, 271x303px
>have money
don't you want to make a good deed and help an anon?college makes my wallet have about 10$ in it almost all the time. karma will reward you ;)
>>
>>35887379
It depends on how much you're fucked here. If it's a genuine situation of having nothing to lose then have fun fag.
Just remember that their economy is no better than ours.
Also, don't expect to meet a QT because there's a reason that Japan has declined birth rates and it's not the men's fault no matter how much faggots drone on about "muh rat utopia."
>>
File: 1489239555802.jpg (834KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1489239555802.jpg
834KB, 1536x1536px
>>35887814
I'm a professional mma fighter in some low-level japanese promotions. I also work part time at a bakery.
>And how on earth did you get sent to live in Japan at 16?
My mother in the states sent me to live with my aunt and her literally autistic 30 year old half-jap daughter because I was a dumb little spic involved in street gang shit. Also, my mom was mentally unstable and got institutionalized.
>>
File: 1489328097697.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1489328097697.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
Dont go to Japan, anon. Outside the cities the people are quite xenophobic and the work ethic and expectations are unbelievably harsh. You would do much better in one of the Scandinavian countries. Comfy as fuck, people are lovely, work is available and the air is clean.
>>
>>35887806
Good base
But like everything it won't teach you everything
Use apps, multiple books, and read/watch in that language
Using only one source is a guaranteed way to not learn
>>
>>35887974
>the people are quite xenophobic
>You would do much better in one of the Scandinavian countries.

"no Anon don't eat that it's quite salty, here instead eat this bag of road salt."
>>
>>35887974
Air is clean in Japan

Mountain forests are in JAPAN
>>
>>35887974
And if you're brown you get free money AND you can rape all the women you want and get away with it
>>
>>35888015

scandanavia is xenophilic, they hate themselves
>>
>>35887379
heres one

because you weren't raised with the expectations and work ethic japanese are and their work life will crush you
>>
>>35887934
How good is your japanese after 7 years?
>>
>>35887867
>You are getting all your info from 4chan anons
No. I'm >>35887787

And I'm not going to waste time with this when you're just going to samefag this thread and sperg out like a massive autist to anyone who contradicts you. So go on and call my posts out as memes as you want.

Anyone should have serious doubts about OP genuinely relocating to Japan anyway. He likely doesn't have the language skills needed to function in everyday society, and that's assuming he can even get more than a temporary work visa.
>>
>>35888069
>How good is your japanese after 7 years?
He's stupid his job involves getting punched in the skull all day

He doesn't even know how to speak English well he definitely can't speak Japanese
>>
>>35887974
>the work ethic and expectations are unbelievably harsh.
This. The message is pretty split on whether or not the Japanese are horrible to you for being a westerner (my personal experience is they're not). But I have heard nothing but bad things about the working environment there. It sounds utterly irredeemably horrible.
>>
>>35888078
>And I'm not going to waste time with this when you're just going to samefag this thread
Posting more than once in the same thread is not samefagging. Samefagging is when you pretend to be more than one person.

>sperg out like a massive autist to anyone who contradicts you
Autist is not a valid term. It does not mean anything.
>>
>>35888069
Pretty good. I personally kind of dislike the language itself, but I can speak and understand it very well, unless it's like old-school samurai speak or some shit. I'm still pretty bad at reading kanji, though.

>>35887573
A part of me is assuming this is true. Uchujin are very real.
>>
>>35888139
Did you learn to speak in a kansai accent since you live in Osaka?
>>
>>35888112
>But I have heard nothing but bad things about the working environment there. It sounds utterly irredeemably horrible.

Basic work day in Japan
>Wake up early in your tiny apartment
>Ride train to work crammed like a sardine
>Do your 10 hour work day
>Get shamed to work an extra 2 hours for free
>Obligatory forced to go out for drinks with your coworkers
>Come home at 8
>Sleep
>>
Ryan Boundless is shitposting his WAH JAPAN IS BAD NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME SOMEONE TRIED TO SPEAK ENGLISH WITH ME THE OTHER DAY SO THAT MAKES THEM RACIST memes again I see.
>>
>>35888201
I've heard from a Japanese person that this kind of work culture is not as common as people believe.
>>
>>35888201
It's all busywork though, it's a 6 hours workday stretched to 10. It really applies only to white collar jobs which most robots will never do.
>>
>>35888195
I end some of my words with "hen" instead of "nai" sometimes. My speech by default sounds fucked up and bum country-ish because it's not my first language.
>>
>>35888227
I've personally seen Japanese train stations full of men in suits going home at 11pm. It seems pretty common to me.

>>35888240
Being trapped in an office pretending to work for ten hours almost sounds worse than actually working for ten hours.
>>
>>35887638
>There's millions of native Japanese who have IT degrees senpai.

There is a shortage of IT workers in Japan, especially programmers.
>>
>>35887744
You attended a japanese high school as a foreigner? How did they event expect you to pass? I heard their education system is way advanced.
>>
>>35888275
>Being trapped in an office pretending to work for ten hours almost sounds worse than actually working for ten hours.

How is that worse?

You can play animu games most of the day when your supervisor is back in his office and also playing animu games.
>>
>>35888321
>You can play animu games most of the day when your supervisor is back in his office and also playing animu games.
If this is actually true, it would be totally fine. I was/am picturing the open plan "pretending to be busy" game, which I have played before and have no desire to ever play again.
>>
>>35888321
You've never had a job, have you? When on a company computer you're literally monitored 24/7 to make sure you're not wasting time playing weebshit
>>
>>35888355
>not having your own phone to play LoliQuest on
>>
>>35888355
This depends on the workplace. Last place I worked I installed the OS on my computer myself, they were probably monitoring network access, but if I had a game on a USB stick I could have played it. (Well, except for the fact that it was open plan). I could also bring in any other device I wanted.
>>
>>35888355
Japanese things, by definition, can't be weebshit.
>>
>>35888227
It's still very common but it's on a steady decline.
>>
>>35888314
I was exempted from two classes because of the language barrier and I had to attend a "basic japanese proficiency" class with two other foreign students. We were the only gaikokujin in the school. I still had to attend the classes I was exempt from and every other class I wasn't exempt from and was graded on. Even japanese fucking literature, I had to take that class.

>How did they event expect you to pass?
I didn't, lol. Dropped out in my senior year.
>>
>>35888355
Most Japanese companies are too retarded to setup such a monitoring system. I'm not even joking sadly.
>>
>>35888396
You do realize that otaku culture is despised in Japan and you're seen as a virgin manchild loser for partaking in it, right?
>>
>>35888430
Sounds like that might help keep the homesickness at bay.
>>
>>35888430
Otaku culture has become much more popular and accepted since the 90s, in much the same way that geek culture has in America.

And how is this related to what I said?
>>
>>35888417
It still oodles my noodle that Japan is considered one of the biggest tech countries when the majority of their businesses still operate on 1970s American tech like fucking fax machines and xeroses
>>
>>35887379
"tch" isn't an acceptable answer to everything.
>>
>>35888430
That's why Akihabara is such a tiny hole-in-the-wall dark alleyway out on the extreme outskirts of Tokyo, mm-hhmm.
>>
>>35888413
Did you go to a public or a private school?
>>
No money
No skills
No understanding of the language
No ability to adapt to a different culture
>>
File: 1487645977219.jpg (159KB, 1022x668px) Image search: [Google]
1487645977219.jpg
159KB, 1022x668px
>>35888506
Public nigga. Ain't nobody gonna pay for my education. Even in Japan.
>>
>>35888493
>Used to be the best place in the world for cutting edge tech
>Now just a mountain of neon degeneracy
Anime was a mistake.
>>
>>35888555
Anime is not even 5% as degenerate as Western culture, and how exactly has anime caused technology to decline in Japan?
>>
>>35888545
Were you bullied in high school for being a gaijin?
>>
>>35888577
>Anime is not even 5% as degenerate as Western culture
>>>/d/
>>
>>35888611
I meant exactly what I said.
>>
>>35888555
You can still buy circuit board bullshit there you negative nancy nerd.
>>
File: 4564353543.jpg (121KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
4564353543.jpg
121KB, 600x445px
>>35888579
>Were you bullied in high school for being a gaijin?
Lol no. Japanese kids get their information about western nations from music videos

Most modern day japanese teenagers think America is some amazing MTV-land full of partying, freedom, burgers and firearms. Not even joking.

When I told people I was from Texas, some of them asked me if I was a cowboy.
>>
>>35888639
>When I told people I was from Texas, some of them asked me if I was a cowboy.
Are you a cowboy though
>>
File: IMG_6045.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6045.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>35887379
>it's another "I'll just move to Japan and live out my anime fantasy" episode
>not knowing Japan is one of the if not the most normie country out there
Stay in your home town robot, it's better this way.
>>
File: f3Zi39r.png (719KB, 802x600px) Image search: [Google]
f3Zi39r.png
719KB, 802x600px
>>35887379
>Highest rates of suicide
>High rates of neets
>Longer work hours
>People who like anime are still looked down at
>>
File: KVATKbz.jpg (66KB, 599x341px) Image search: [Google]
KVATKbz.jpg
66KB, 599x341px
>>35888652
Hello my name is Cowboy Tanaka
>>
>>35888678
>High rates of neets
Their unemployment rate is 3%.

>People who like anime are still looked down at
Yes, that's why Your Name is close to being the third highest grossing movie of all time in Japan.
>>
>>35888723
Also as for suicide rate, it's not the highest in the world or even in the top 10.
>>
Think about it like this
Everything you've seen in anime is the opposite of real Japan
The people who make anime are outcasts, the robots of their society
They create escapism cartoons of the ideal life they all wished they could live
Japan is a HORRIBLE place for robots
>>
>>35888723
Your Name was one of the best selling movies in the world, ghibli movies are some of the most popular childhood movies in the world, but normies will still judge you for watching Konosuba.
>>
>>35888678
Anime is Japan is just cartoons to them.
Liking a big movie like Your Name is like liking the newest CG Disney movie.
Watching One Piece with your family is like watching Spongebob or something
Being a huge fanboy of every new moeshit show that's coming out is like being one of those creepy Tumblr Steven Universe Gravity Falls people
>>
>>35888889
One piece is pretty violent compared to spongebob
>>
>>35888889
There is literally nothing wrong with Steven Universe other than the fact that Reddit likes it and therefor everything they like, 4chan must hate.
>>
>>35888921
Actually, Steven Universe sucks cock, and you should kill yourself, faggot.
>>
Living in Japan is great. I finally found a job with my useless liberal arts degree.
>>
>>35888808
>Everything you've seen in anime is the opposite of real Japan
No it isn't.

>The people who make anime are outcasts, the robots of their society
They're professionals in an industry that was worth $18 billion in 2015.

>They create escapism cartoons of the ideal life they all wished they could live
Anime is created by manga artists, light novel authors, game developers and writers of all kinds, and it doesn't all involve escapism, let alone "I wish my life was exactly like this" escapism.

>>35888873
Love Live was the eight most popular domestic movie the year it came out, and the mobile game has 18 million or more players.

>>35888889
K-On was re-broadcast on the Disney Channel and NHK BS in early timeslots.
>>
>>35888889
Anime doesn't have the same kiddy bullshit connotations attached to it that western cartoons do.

The only "mature" western cartoons aimed at Western audiences in recent decades is nothing but POOPOOPEEPEE randumb humor like Family Guy and South park.

In Japanese anime you have violent dramas like Berserk or Fist of the North Star.

Even our most popular household names of cartoons like X-Men and Batman have to be turned into live-action movies to be seen as not kids' shit.
>>
>>35888921
There's also nothing wrong with a lot of anime out there, but if you obsess over it you WILL be weird, same thing applies here in America

>>35888919
The Japanese don't give a FUCK about kids seeing violence or hearing bad words. Most shonen series get bloody as cruel as fuck at point, and the target audience is elementary schoolers. Bad words don't even nessecarily exist in Japan
>>
>>35889000
I don't know what they think of Berserk but Fist of the North Star would be considered a kids show in Japan. Kids shows there are more like "family shows" to us
>>
>>35888990
>Love Live was the eight most popular domestic movie the year it came out

Yes, because kids wanted their mums to take them to the movies to watch it, it's seen as much much weirder for a 35 year old guy watching it.
>>
>>35889019
Obsessing over anime does not automatically make anyone weird.

>>35889051
Love Live is not a children's or family series.
>>
>>35888678
>>>Highest rates of suicide

Korea wants a word.
>>
>>35887379
dont look for a relationship there, they all look pretty outdated in fashion, but its a nice way of life if you consider the technology and nature, and overall the infrastructure is way more classy than america.
>>
>>35887447
i would be too if i werent born american, thats why its a little iffy living there...but if you move to less populated places like osaka or kyoto, you should have no trouble there.
>>
>>35889072
Obsessing over ANYTHING makes you weird, in America and in Japan. In Japan, it's particularly bad to obsess over anime since people will instantly judge you and associate you with otaku culture, which is BAD
>>
>>35887447
And westerners aren't?
>>
>>35889124
I obsess over anime but nobody knows about it because I don't tell anyone.

>which is BAD
Otaku culture has become more popular and accepted since the 90s.
>>
>>35889124
>otaku culture, which is BAD

That's why Akihabara is illegal.
>>
>>35888201
better than seeing inaudible homeless people beg on a beer stained train in NYC
>>
>>35889164
If you don't tell anyone about it then you do not apply at all. When I say it "makes you weird" I ONLY mean that it makes you weird by normie's standards. I love anime for the record
>>
>>35888639
You sound like a really interesting fella, you really have a good story to tell
>>
>>35889019
>Bad words don't even nessecarily exist in Japan
KUSO!!!!
>>
>>35889306
I've never heard anyone say kuso or teme outside of anime desu, but people say shimata all the time. Shimata could mean "whoops" but it could also mean "FUCK" it's really just about how you say it
>>
File: 1487604108167.jpg (59KB, 526x348px) Image search: [Google]
1487604108167.jpg
59KB, 526x348px
>>35889306
>>35889351
This. I've never heard of japs saying "kuso" or teme and shit. Maybe when being ironic or joking around.

The most common jap swear words I heard are baka yaro or kono yaro and rarely kisama.

The language doesn't really have swear words per say. They just have "impolite" ways of saying things that can be interpreted as a swear word. If you want to be obsence, it's much better to use an anatomical term, like chinko or oppai.

>>35889279
Thanks anon I bet you're interesting too.
>>
>>35887379
Immigration probably won't let you in.
>>
>>35889676
I don't think immigration laws are very strict there
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.