[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1484260752456.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1484260752456.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
Hey /r9k/, I'm here because all of you have severe depression.

A friend of mine has been really fucking depressed for over 4 years, we've tried everything to help him, but nothing really makes an impact on him. He has tried antidepressives for a while, no effect. Has had two therapists so far, surprise surprise, no effect.

There's absolutely no way to get him to do anything with you but gaming, he gets panic attacks from literally anything; when walking to the coffee machine if he has to say "hi" to a passing colleague for example.

Every compliment you give him he swats away because he cannot imagine it being true. If you tell him he should accept that he's depressed, he'll tell you that he won't "hide his weak personality behind a label of depression"

I'm sure at least some of you recognize at least some of this. Has anything ever helped you, anything at all?

Depression general I guess.
>>
Has he told you why he's feeling depressed? Failures he made or lost love? Also it sounds like your a femanon who loves him but cannot cope with his depression, that true too?
>>
>>35882408
Not a femanon, just care about a friend. Can't help that I can deal with my own depression, and that my other friend can also deal with it, but it's reaching a point where he is very likely to lose his internship, I'd like to avoid that.

Also, I have no idea /why/ he's feeling depressed, although he told me he wasn't depressed before high school (age ~12-17, non-american). So something may or may not have happened there.
>>
>>35882453
You should probably ask him what's bothering him, otherwise it'll be pointless trying to help him if you don't know.
>>
>>35882338
>Has anything ever helped you, anything at all?
Nope. You can't save your friend. He'll feel better or he won't. Best thing you can do is continue to be kind to him.
>>
He's right, the disorder, depression, has been used to hide weak personalities and is overused, but you need to convince him he really does have depression, because he sounds messed up but not pass remission.
>>
If all else fails, convince him to drop lsd. If it's a high enough dose and not bunk it'll change his life, and he has nothing to lose right?
>>
>>35882747
Don't listen to this fucking retard OP, LSD can trigger psychosis in people who are prone to it. I hate dumb LSDfags so fucking much.
>>
File: worried smoking pepe.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
worried smoking pepe.png
18KB, 509x411px
>>35882747
This isn't necessarily true; it's like when people advise "gotta let them sink or swim." People always like to disregard that sink is a very real proposition in many of these scenarios.
I'm a broken man now. I'm not the only one it has happened to. Lots of people can handle psychedelics fine, I don't recommend it as a cure to existential ennui.
Just my
> .02 has been transferred to your account.
>>
You can't fix him. Let him crash and burn. Only then he can rise from the ashes.
>>
I didn't say "make him insane with drugs, who cares lol". Just sayin, some change in his life would help, and the dude seems resistant to change. In my experience lsd sometimes changed people's life, sometimes it didn't. I've never seen it make someone insane. People have reported (online) being mentally scarred for a few days but it seems rare.
>>
>>35882338
>Every compliment you give him he swats away because he cannot imagine it being true. If you tell him he should accept that he's depressed, he'll tell you that he won't "hide his weak personality behind a label of depression"

Fuck.
>>
>>35883508
I lost my job, dropped out of college, lost all my friends, developed an eating disorder and now am and agoraphobic mess.

I'm not a typical outcome and some or all of that might have happened anyway but the bad trips and the terror that began ruling my life shortly thereafter feel worthy of me offering up an anecdote against.

If they already don't ever see the light of day or interact with the world around them or respond to basic human drives, then by all means, they really don't have much to lose as far as I can see.

I still wouldn't trip again though and I'm already there.
>>
File: 1484471578119.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484471578119.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>35883618
Are you alright buddy?
>>
>>35883687
I sympathize. (Out of curiousity) In your opinion, is losing success worse than not having it in the first place?
>>
>>35884101
Absolutely.
I spend most of my dies now trying to think myself numb. As much as "you can't know the sweet without the sour," I don't believe that you can truly know despair without seeing what could have been. Sometimes I curse all of the happiness I ever felt.
I'm a lunatic faggot who likes to romanticize his misery though, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I know for a fact I'm not actually uniquely unhappy even if my cunted up emotional shell of a self-identity won't ever accept that.
>>
File: helperdonewiththisshit.png (93KB, 1094x575px) Image search: [Google]
helperdonewiththisshit.png
93KB, 1094x575px
>>35884186
*days not dies
>tfw how fucking appropriate
>>
File: zdzislaw.jpg (44KB, 752x768px) Image search: [Google]
zdzislaw.jpg
44KB, 752x768px
>>35882778
>>35882815
What's the hardcore fucked up long term effects that LSD can bring to you if it goes wrong for you?

And >>35882338 , All you can really do is try be there for the poor guy. Maybe get him to read a book or something on the subject. Manipulate him if you even need to, possibly. I dunno. Depression on that level is really, really hard.
>>
>>35884217
It can't really do much to you that wasn't already in your head, I don't think.
That's why I would recommend against using it to try and "figure something out" or similar, as DUDEWEEDBROs are wont to suggest. If there are already things misfiring in your head, you're going to have to look them straight in the face. Are you sure everyone you're tripping with is mentally stable? Especially inexperienced trippers, even mentally stable ones, tend to have very loose personal boundaries, a bad trip for anyone there can turn really dark for you really fast. You can quickly internalize their internal demons, you can find ones of your own that you don't know you had. Are you sure no one is really unstable or really unprepared for a massive shift in perception? People occasionally act out in manic and crazy ways, are you prepared to feel levels of fear that seem preposterous in a moment where people don't have their heads and the danger could be real?
None of this is likely to happen if everyone is using responsibly, is in a good mental state, is comfortable with each other and what is happening; all is going to be well 999/1000 times (this is not a real statistic)
Don't use psychedelics to try and fix your mental problems you assholes.
Physically, most of the symptoms track to anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, PTSD; but I'll go through them as I've seen and experienced (they run remarkably close together for people who have been shattered by these drugs, ime):
I shake all the time, I have no temperature regulated
HPPD (eye floaters and static, particularly when tired)
Constant fatigue
Much worse tinnitus than before
Ridiculous blood pressure swings
Tachycardia
Bradycardia
I sleep about twice a week for 19 hours
Do I really have to go on?
LSD is fine under optimal conditions, don't take LSD to fix mental problems. It turns on everyone like that eventually, I can attest to maybe 5-6, and if it helps at first they won't stop taking it.
>>
>>35884361
>and if it helps at first they won't stop taking it.
What? I've seen people try to abuse the substance but fail because of how fast a tolerance is built.
Is this r/drugs/ now?
>>
>>35884607
I mean, those people are morons.
Trust me though, just because you can't take it day after day like most addiction crutches, doesn't mean that it can't ruin your life.
If you've ever done the math
>So, we took 400 ug yesterday [doesn't have to have been literally yesterday, the last time you were awake, tripper time]... so to get a good trip we should take 1200 ug today
you've probably made a few bad decisions to get there.
>>
>>35884682
To wit, I'm sure there have been worse burnouts. I know of people who were taking acid every day. People who burn through the equivalents of full blotter sheets in a megasession. They don't occupy this world, and if they're lucky they see even fewer humans than the average robot.
>>
>>35884720
Aren't they sort of happy in their own magical worldscapes though?
>>
>>35884761
Yes, and the romance of it is nice. It's not any more real than any other addiction, though. Truly, truly it's not.
If you can make an argument against taking xanax every day or drinking with every meal, you can understand the principle.
There is another shoe yet to drop.
>>
>>35884720
Fuck those people. Lsd is already rare as is, we don't need greedy hippies eating it all.
>>
>>35884881
It's not as rare as it was, a lot of the real tripfiends have moved on to synthetics, anyway. 1P, XXx-LAD, et. al
>it's the same duderinooooo
Good luck with that.
>>
>>35882338
i was depressed and hated myself for a very long time until i met a girl on the internet who seemed to enjoy every waking moment with me

when i finally asked her out we were together for a long time until she could no longer handle all the things she said she loved about me

in retrospect she was probably just a young girl who loved that someone gave her attention because she stayed at home and didn't interact with others

now that she realizes she can do things herself outside she no longer needs me

i miss her so much and i wish i wasn't such pathetic coward and would end it already
>>
>>35882338
Bring some change in his life, moving to another house is overkill, but maybe getting him to a public event would help him, that is, if he wouldn't get a panic attack and die. I don't have experience with therapists so I can't say if they work, but anyone to listen to him would help.
>>
>>35884956
Cool story, but what's the advice supposed to be? What's the point?
>>
address the source of the problem, which is usually trauma or neglect

some years in proper therapy and some period of time living in a stable environment should put him on the road to recovery

don't try to 'help' him yourself, you'll likely make it worse by enabling his victim complex (sounds harsh, but its the reality - he gains a lot from staying in his current state)

ignore every other post in this thread, and shame on you for making such a serious thread in a board full of trolls and fools with good intentions.
>>
>>35885135
advice? this is depression general not advice general.
>>
>>35882338
I am legit scared that you're describing me here.
>>35882453
Is especially scary to me.

Please reply with the first letter of the person's first name.
>>
>>35886505
Like, it somehow fits my situation perfectly. The described behaviour, the internship, everything.

Am I going mad?
>>
>>35886628
If OP does somehow read this, I'm "T"
>>
>>35882338
Shit man, maybe just have him try a bunch of different meds and maybe he'll find something that works.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.