[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He hasn't given up and made a tulpa Not a real robot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: 1482522724448.png (409KB, 410x816px) Image search: [Google]
1482522724448.png
409KB, 410x816px
>He hasn't given up and made a tulpa
Not a real robot
>>
>>35880705
I've tried, but i can't focus for long enough, and I'm still hesitant to make a separate "sentient" being in my mind when it would probably adopt my hatred of being alive.
>>
enjoy going fucking insane
>>
File: 1486815196568.jpg (228KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486815196568.jpg
228KB, 1366x768px
>He has the mental endurance needed to make a tulpa
Shoo away normalfag
>>
>>35880725
>caring about normie conceptions of sanity when all that matters is you own meaning and values
>>
>>35880735
It's a pretty modest requirement desu
>>
>>35881534
>Any amount of effort
>modest
Found the normie. Fuck off to >>>/soc/
>>
>>35880705
I may be a robot but I'm not retarded enough to give myself imaginary friends as an adult.
>>
>>35880705
what the fuck is a tulpa

I have been muted for 2 seconds because this board does not allow identical posts and i forgot that important fact
>>
>>35881675
It's when bottom-of-the-barrel autists give themselves and imaginary friend that is totally not imaginary at all it's totally real at all.

The flawed premise comes from a cultural misinterpretation and mistranslation of the term "tulpa" which comes from Tibetan Buddhism.

A tulpa in Tibetan Buddhism is nothing more than delusions and distractions of your own mind when you're meditating. An obstacle to enlightenment. You think you saw a deity or Buddha himself, but it was just a hallucination because you were awake and meditating for 48 hours straight.

Then some idiot read a shitty book about Tibetan Buddhism one time and went SEE THIS MEANS IMAGINARY FRIENDS ARE REAL BECAUSE THEY HAVE IT IN TIBET TOO, I'M CULTURALLY APPROPRIATING THEIR WORDS IN THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY

It also has strong roots in the brony community.
>>
>>35881675
buddhist meditation tool that bronies and furries appropriated to bring their fursonas/characters to life.
>>
>>35881796
It's not even that, see the post above yours.

The term in Sanskrit means "to construct".

Monks in training who accepted Tulpas as real deities, and not hallucinations, failed their training.
>>
>>35881769
>it also has strong roots in the brony community
this. I was on a tulpa Discord, and I saw the worst thing a man could ever see. In the tulpaverse, there is this thing called "switching" which is where you swap your consciousness for your Tulpas, and you get put in the backseat. There was a man named Fluttershy, with an avatar of Fluttershy. Apparently, he had switched with Fluttershy, and Fluttershy was typing to the Discord. It was the most delusional and embarrassing thing I've seen. And the worst part is, nobody at all thought this was fucking strange in the slightest.
>>
File: the tulpaman abides.jpg (146KB, 965x801px) Image search: [Google]
the tulpaman abides.jpg
146KB, 965x801px
Reminder that being "crazy" is the only logical conclusion to living in this backwards society.
>>
File: walt jr vomiting.jpg (113KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
walt jr vomiting.jpg
113KB, 500x281px
>>35881911
>there is this thing called "switching" which is where you swap your consciousness for your Tulpas, and you get put in the backseat.

I know EXACTLY what you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3j5gtUCkJg
>>
File: 1427254867072.jpg (37KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1427254867072.jpg
37KB, 400x386px
I don't because I am very paranoid that I would be making it for the wrong reasons, and in the back of my mind I still hold out hope that I can "make it".
I wouldn't want to create a tulpa to have someone to talk to, and then suddenly out of the blue become somewhat social with other people and push it away/ destroy it. it would prove that I had only made it for a selfish reason.
I'm such a loser that I would genuinely, seriously take the feelings of an imaginary being more seriously than I would my own. I am that fucking beta.
>>
>>35880705
I've had a close enough brush with psychosis that I'd rather not actively induce it desu
>>
>>35880705
fuck off, mentally ill shill
only retard will make tulpa
>>
Didn't that guy who wrote the popular tulpa guide admit he was a lying attention whore who had no idea what he was talking about?
>>
File: deska.jpg (92KB, 998x648px) Image search: [Google]
deska.jpg
92KB, 998x648px
What the heck do you think I've been wasting 2 years on, while quite literally nothing has ever happened?
>>
My tulpa was my crush but is now literally me

send help
>>
File: 0d04a9d7e5986bc168f16fccdfc9a166.jpg (245KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
0d04a9d7e5986bc168f16fccdfc9a166.jpg
245KB, 1000x750px
Because making a tulpa takes more effort than watching anime, and I already struggle to stay focused and watch anime even though I like it.
>>
File: Wilson_The_Volleyball.jpg (11KB, 179x163px) Image search: [Google]
Wilson_The_Volleyball.jpg
11KB, 179x163px
>>35880725
>implying we're not already insane
>not using it to make yourself happier
It's like drugs, they can be either medicine, or poison, depending on how you use them.

>>35880705
I'm waiting for when I move away from my parents and live in a tent, with a sex doll to talk to.
>>
File: 1471448486603.jpg (450KB, 947x2194px) Image search: [Google]
1471448486603.jpg
450KB, 947x2194px
Because I fucking suck as a person and I wouldn't want to burden someone with having to spend time with me, even if that person is imaginary.
>>
>>35884331
Sounds like you fucked yourself.
>>
>tfw been a host of tulpas for approx. 4-5 years and I'm worth my salt in the department

I don't like a lot of the tulpamancy community and I avoid tulpa.info like the plague

also hoping that all of those who made ponies and canon characters as tulpas had that eventually backfire at them and made their tulpas grow hostile through identity crisis and stuff

man if I found out that I was born into a world just to be some fedora's waifu/wank material I'd be 200% miffed
>>
>>35885330
is the general on /trash/ worth lurking?

i was thinking about making a tulpa a while ago, but all the people in the 'community' seem like cancer
>>
>>35885400

all the people who are new to the general kinda just ask for the discord and just learn/develop their tulpa junk there, at least that's how it was last time i checked, alongside a lot of shitpostery in the threads

but if you ask genuine questions about tulpamancy you'll get an answer so I guess that's good enough??

i lurk occasionally and post comfy happenings with my tupper there every now and then but that's about it
>>
>>35885507
thanks anon, i might give it a shot
>>
>>35885555

no prob

also holy fuck those quads

kek smiles upon your decision, robot bro
>>
>>35885400
The trash discord is comfy, by tulpa standards the autism is pretty low, the people in "the community" at large are all repulsive though
>>
>>35880705
>he hasn't given up and developed his visualization and lucid dreaming skills to replace real life vividly except that you still have to eat IRL.
>he hasn't given up and stopped daydreaming about being a good human being and ends up daydreaming themselves as transdimensional beings in non-Euclidean space.

the only thing left for me is to leave this mortal body.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.