[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /fatduetomeds/ here? This is bullshit. I only had two meals

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: fat wojak.png (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
fat wojak.png
6KB, 205x246px
Who /fatduetomeds/ here?

This is bullshit. I only had two meals yesterday and only one meal the day before and I'm still piling on the pounds and have a pot belly.

People are begining to comment.

Has anyone else gained weight on meds? Is it reversible? Can I stop taking the meds and lose the weight?
>>
Three meals can't turn straight into fat.
Also this is why im too scared to take medication
>>
Doctor here. Which meds? What's the indication?
>>
>>35879275
Try and avoid it.

I used to have a stomach that concaved, now it convexes.

Also I'm developing man boobs.
>>
>>35879291

Prove it. Where did you go to medical school? What us your specialty?
>>
>>35879291
I forgot the name but will try and find out for you. I'm on anti-psychotics and anti-depressants.

I heard taking an injection instead of pills can help you avoid weight gain.
>>
>>35879335
How about you find out your tdee and stop overeating before you find yourself morbidly obese
>>
You have to find your calory budget and not go over it. You expand >2400 kcal every day just to live and breath. It is physically impossible for anyone to eat less and yet gain weight.
>>
>>35879409
Seriously, it's happening. It's due to the meds.

I have a huge phantom pot belly. I'd think I was pregnant if I wasn't a man.
>>
>>35879335
Most likely you're on an atypical antipsychotic like olanzapine or risperidone. These are the second generation antipsychotics that have a side effect profile that includes weight gain and poor control of blood sugar (they're diabetogenic - causing diabetes). They differ from typical (first generation) antipsychotics in that they're less likely to cause extra-pyramidal side effects, like tremors and uncontrollable spasms.

For that reason some people tend to prefer the atypical ones because the neuromuscular side effects can be quite unpleasant and even permenant, but practices vary. Best thing to do is speak to your shrink and mention the side effects. He might advise a lower dose or alternative treatment options.

With regards losing weight. Small frequent meals. Don't overdo the carbs. Drink plenty of water. Try and exercise a little more. You know all that shit.
>>
>>35879482
Hi, yes I think it's one of those.

Honestly I don't think I need them. I'm neither depressed nor psychotic. Hopefully I'll try and get off them or at least cut down.
>>
File: 1429437994864.jpg (137KB, 900x677px) Image search: [Google]
1429437994864.jpg
137KB, 900x677px
>>35879563
Then why the fuck are you taking them?
>>
>>35879236
I started taking meds 8 years ago, first two years I fucking doubled my fucking body weight.

I've never been fat before, but those fuckers made me fat as fuck in no time, now I'm an overweight fat fuck for life, and I absolutely have to take those fuckers, fuck.

Recently though, some bright doc prescribed me another type of med, topamax, it helped me getting my weight gain under control and I actually lost 10 kg in half a year, hope I can keep that up and in 5 years or so I should be back to my normal body weight..
>>
>>35879449
Either you are violating thermodynamics, or you just count your calories wrong. There is some variance in calories spent due to speeding/slowing metabolism, but it is not so great you'd be able to eat a toast a day and get fat.
You can check it yourself. Go without food for two days, you should lose about 1,5 kg of weight.
>>
>>35879602
Being forced.

>>35879662
Yeah I've never been fat either. It's great to hear you might return to your original weight. I would say a balanced mind is more important than how the body looks.

>>35879687
Look at the anon above. Meds = weight gain.
>>
>>35879236
well if you chemically castrate yourself what did you think would happen
>>
>>35879449
Has your anxiety been higher?
Are you talking cholinergic and GABA modulating drugs?
Swollen belly can be a common side effect; weight gain isn't a part of that but it can give you that pregnant look and painful distension.
I wouldn't worry, I would tell your doctor. I would also keep in mind there may be nothing you can do about it if it's important that you take these pills and don't have a ready alternative as the symptom is considered relatively minor.
>>
File: loszka figurka.jpg (35KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
loszka figurka.jpg
35KB, 450x600px
>>35879236
pregablin / liryca offlebel for anxiety/panic attack/ stress
this i gained 8kg in 2 fucking months, not counting memory loss, trouble with concentration and loosing my job. Also have fucking stretch marks
Now lucly i loosed 4kg in 2 months and going nice.
>>
>>35879482
>>35879236

hi doc thanks for distriong my life with levopromazine i had a fucking tardive diskinesa (now i am fucking fine, but had this shit after stoping for 2-3 weeks)
Don't take it, i mean first gen are worse, but second gen also will give you pic rel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1CnEnhicUo
It's uncurable
>>
>>35879936
>I would also keep in mind there may be nothing you can do about it if it's important that you take these pills and don't have a ready alternative as the symptom is considered relatively minor.
Personally I don't think it's necessary since I don't have any real symptoms.
>>
>>35879236
Don't blame your weight gain on the meds you fat fuck just admit you haven't been exercising and following a diet.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.