[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 132

File: 1447374958378s.jpg (7KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1447374958378s.jpg
7KB, 209x250px
Discuss anything related to uni/college in this thread.

How are classes going? Have you withdrawn from any yet? Are you trying to frantically bring your grades up? Are you having roommate/suitemate drama? Do you fall in love with every attractive person you walk by on the way to class?

Talk about it all here.
>>
i just dropped out lmao
>>
File: 1453344687535.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1453344687535.png
293KB, 633x758px
>just talked to my advising counselor about dropping zoology lecture
>"this should save your gpa some and give you more time to get your other grades up"
>tfw going to just use the extra time to sleep in

>tfw fell in love with the Chad that befriended me

>literally can't build up enough motivation to write my English papers
>didn't even do my last one
>trying to write one currently but get distracted at the slightest thing or lose interest every 5 minutes and do something else like shitpost
>tfw

I wish I were still in high school
>>
bump

would like to have an original thread full of other people in the same boat as me
>>
File: 8L7d0sq.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
8L7d0sq.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>he's struggling to pass reading and writing classes
>he can't even pass basic algebra, trig, or stats
>he hasn't even made it two years into a degree after waiting so long to go college
>he doesn't even use time to study after work or class
anon, what are you doing here? you're not cut out for this, please drop out.
>>
I'll start a new semester this monday. Not sure how I feel about it, I always think I'll make some effort to get awesome grades but I lose interest quickly and I end up with mediocre grades. I checked my classmates for the courses I got and there are a lot of girls, much more than guys.
>>
So considering this is a frequently occurring thread, I guess it's safe to assume that going to college won't get me a gf, right?
>>
File: 1489786591629.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1489786591629.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
Mfw my family is poor so I'm getting paid $5000 from financial aid each semester to go to college yet I still don't go to class and I'm failing all of them.
>>
>>35879069
Nothing you do/are a part of in life will automatically ensure getting a gf. We're all still socially retarded so of course even at university we haven't gotten gfs
>>
>>35879069
fucken lmao how old are you son? 19? it only gets worse from here. My advice is to leave this place before it's too late for you
>>
>>35878413
>when kids younger than you already have good paying jobs and sexy girlfriends while still in uni
What the fuck am I doing wrong
>>
File: W6Bc1gl.jpg (96KB, 684x382px) Image search: [Google]
W6Bc1gl.jpg
96KB, 684x382px
WHATS IT LIKE LIVING WITH ROOMATES
tell me about yours

residence, dorm or student housing? who gets to use the kitchen? what if they dont clean their dishes? or eat my shit? will they be too loud?

D:
>>
>>35879214
I live in the worst of the freshman dorms on my campus. I honestly don't know where the kitchen is in this building, or if we even have one. As for roommates, mine's a stereotypical black-chad. We get along well enough, I'm hardly in the building anyway besides when I come in to sleep, but I'm getting sick of him working out in our room while I'm trying to work or go to bed.

Your first year or two of university dorm living is a real game of chance until you find friends that want to live with you for the other two or three years. I have a bad feeling about the guy I'll be rooming with in the fall, and I think I'm going to end up missing this chad
>>
>>35879214
My roommates are fucking shit and I hate them. I literally stay in my room all day and they still manage to annoy the shit out of me. This is what they do

>leave lights on when they leave the apartment
>leave food out on the counters. A fucking half cut LIME on the counter just sitting there
>leave weeks old food in the fridge so it smells like shit
>smoke weed in their rooms so the whole apartment smells like shit
>invite friends over at 2 am being loud as fuck
>play music in their rooms that I can hear in my room
>make random annoying noises when they are talking, like screaming or some shit as a joke
>they decided I was the bad roommate because I like the apartment to be quiet and clean so I complain to them constantly
>they decide they don't want to live with me next year

Fucking faggots really think I'm the bad guy here. Sorry that I don't want to live like a fucking pig
>>
>>35879214
Campus housing is literally potluck unless you and someone you like go to the same university, in which case you can both request each other on the housing contract. Even then, you may find that your friend is insufferable to live with.
>>
Liked a girl since the beginning of last semester but didn't say anything and pined over her since then
>past few days it got worse
>wake up feeling very depressed
>feel depressed all day
>any interaction with her was the best part of my day
>began to have big mood swings and get a lot of energy then lose it
>decided it was time to tell her
>she doesn't want a relationship now with everything thats going on
>I'm fine with that
>it's not me I should've just spoken up sooner
>were still good friends
(This was Monday btw)
>all fine that night a little sad
>the next day she comes up to talk to me
>yells at me for "trying to break up her and her boyfriend over a month ago
>won't listen to me
>coincidentally that is brought up from someone in the dorm
>she won't look at me now
I almost made it guys
>I hurt so much now
>>
>>35879087
just join the military, you are retarded.

Your life will be so much better, do navy or chairforce
>>
File: 20170321_090502.png (944KB, 1439x1777px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_090502.png
944KB, 1439x1777px
>>35878413
Right now I'm giving it my all but I still expect to fail my chem course. My grades are getting worse every week, stagnating at best. I can understand the material just fine, but I choke every time I take a quiz or exam and mix up what I remembered. I'm going to see how I do on this next quiz and change up my study habits if necessary.

Life here just isn't possible with no friends or socialization, so I don't even expect to last until my junior year. So I'm doing all I can right now until the inevitable happens and I have to drop out. I hate everyone here, can't stand to listen to normie for more than a minute, wearing headphones 95% of the time, and in my room 80% of the time.
>>
File: IMG_2846.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2846.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
Girl I love just got asked out less than twelve hours before i planned to. She said yes. Had to throw away flowers and a heartfelt poem i wrote for her.
>>
>>35879890
>a heartfelt poem i wrote her
That's good for you anon, you won't have to live the rest of your life thinking about how cringe worthy that was.
>>
>>35879890
>Flowers and a heartfelt poem
You dodged a bullet, that would have been rather autistic if your plan had actually gone through.
>>
>>35879890
>poem
>flowers
Oh God that's cringey as fuck m8. You should be glad that you didn't embarrassed yourself
>>
File: IMG_2850.jpg (43KB, 450x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2850.jpg
43KB, 450x444px
>>35880066
>>35880086
>>35880140
I know but i asked her for something shed like and thats what she told me she wanted so i complied. We used to be dating but she left me to "find herself". Anyway the worst part is she knew i was going to ask this morning but said yes to this chad
>>
>have to get faculty members together for my thesis committee
>only kinda know one
>another one pulls some strings for me (idk why) and gets others to agree to be on my committee
>now have to go over this form with them all and get signatures
>emailing back and forth
>"sorry, won't be on campus then"
>due date rapidly approaching
>get email reply today "also, you have to give me some sort of progress plan"
>literally don't know what the fuck im doing, haven't done any research, absolutely no plan for how this is going to go

what the fuck do i do, i'm so nervous
>>
File: kitten.jpg (44KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
kitten.jpg
44KB, 720x540px
is engineering a good program to switch to?

I'm from canada and I'm thinking of being more employable, okayish pay, and a somewhat relaxing 9-5 job when I say that.

Right now, I'm in biochem and I really don't see myself graduating, fighting with my fellow biochem bachelor holders to get a 35k/yr technician job, or having a high enough GPA to apply for medschool and get denied because I didn't volunteer in MSF, or reading and writing about biochem until I get a phd and become not employable at all
>>
>>35879322
Youre a fucking pussy dude, just chill and try to enjoy withput being and asshole after the uni life really sucks
>>
>>35879322
why do you want to stick with them if they suck?
>>
First year math major here. I just had to late drop Calc 3 bc I would have gotten a D. Am I fucked now?
>>
File: 1490663104501.png (88KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1490663104501.png
88KB, 350x350px
>>35878413
Information Systems-

didn't pass a single midterm. I dunno what happened this semester.

I dont even know what happens if you fail a whole semester...
>>
bump because I hate life and I want other people my age to hate life as well
>>
>>35881489
What did you fuck up this time
>>
>>35880740
I'm not trying to be an asshole retard. I'm trying to have some peace and quiet but I can't when my roommates act like apes.
>>
>>35881510
everything anon. Im depressed because lonely which ruins my grades and then makes me bitter which leads to more loneliness and depression it's a cycle
>>
>>35878413
>Senior CS project
>AI project not even started
>Final paper
>Behind several homeworks
>1 month to go
20 credits was a mistake. Just kill me
>>
>>35878413
Fucked around for half a semester, gots some catching up to do. Not the worst thing in the world but the calculus and the inorganic has gotten tough.
>>
>>35881575
Focus your efforts into fixing one of the two problems and hopefully you can break the cycle. I'd suggest handling the grades first since failing school is a lot worse than not having friends for a while
>>
In my country universities are in the cities downtowns, so you don't have to live in a shitty dorm if you are a local.
This week is freshman's week, so all the chads and stacies are partying and I can stay home.
And a girl said I'm very good looking.
But the prospects of making actual friends are null, as their humour is too basic and shitty.
>>
>>35878423

oh shit, what happened ?
>>
File: 1462118251567.jpg (22KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1462118251567.jpg
22KB, 250x300px
>>35878413
Classes
>Going good, Organic chem labs make you a stressy bessy but I'm confident for the final exam
Withdrawn
>No
Roommate/Suitemate drama
>My neighbour is being a cunt (in dorm), insists on playing his shit music (Drake etc., dad rock) at full volume
>My other neighbour is a hot lesbo from Toronto, we hear her and her gf every night. They also always go for a run at 12pm and like to let everyone else in the corridor know with her loud fucking accent, I rarely get to sleep before 1am courtesy of her.
>No one else in the corridor complains about this to one another, but will complain about it to me
>All other corridor mates tell me I obviously don't know how to live with other people and it's due to me going to a really shitty state-funded high school (they all went to international schools, private schools)
>Say I'm making complaints up because they had a better education and I'm jealous

How do I get out of this, /r9k/?
>>
>>35881741
Stop caring, it's the only way to rise above it.
Also get some bloody earplugs so you can sleep
>>
>>35881684
But I have absolutely no motivation
>>
>>35881741
I was much two smart for that place I am transferring
>>
File: 1450484835894.jpg (59KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1450484835894.jpg
59KB, 640x560px
How do non-autistic gay guys go about developing platonic bro friendships with hot straight guys?
Maybe it's because I'm a lonely virgin autist, but every attractive guy I see I want to fuck and every attractive guy I talk to that has a nice personality I want to cuddle with.
Is my problem simply just me being desperate?
>>
>>35879087
And people wonder why poor people generally stay poor.
>>
>>35882719
Yeah, it's probably mostly desperation. I have a pretty solid crush on one of my close friends, but he's straight so I keep my power level hidden so as to not ruin a friendship for literally no reason. Try keeping your romantic and platonic prospects separate if you can
>>
File: v9fxkha.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
v9fxkha.png
34KB, 633x758px
Anybody here feel like everyday you fall further and further into a hole?

>23 year old 5th year college student, only junior status
>thousands of dollars in student loans debt and only getting bigger
>failing almost every class because I can't absorb the material when studying
>asking teachers for help never leads anywhere and end up having to figure it out on my own
>never had a job, have no skills or experience
>no friends, tired everyday, afraid of what the future will be like
>>
File: 1477895914034.jpg (47KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
1477895914034.jpg
47KB, 780x780px
>>35882872
>I have a pretty solid crush on one of my close friends, but he's straight so I keep my power level hidden
This is me as well with someone.
Made friends with a Chad at the beginning of the semester, and he's pretty much 100% my type.
It sucks because he'll occasionally do the shit you see straight bros doing to each other (slapping each other's ass, calling each other babe or saying I love you, etc.) but I don't do any of it back because it feels weird to me since I have a crush on him.
I need a boyfriend.
>tfw
>>
>>35883076

>he'll occasionally do the shit you see straight bros doing to each other (slapping each other's ass, calling each other babe or saying I love you, etc.)

Ain't never seen that shit happen with my bros. Most we did was call each other faggots. Are you sure he's straight?
>>
File: 1485069125891.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485069125891.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>35883217
You're telling me you've never seen a guy slap his friend's ass when they walk by or tell another guy "Love you" or "Bye babe" when one has to leave?

And I'm positive he's straight. He went on a date last night with a girl that he met at a party.
>>
lol failed out of uni a few years ago, currently trying to get into the military but i need references from university and im totally unable to, i guess even the military doesnt want me
>>
File: 1480729562739.jpg (75KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
1480729562739.jpg
75KB, 500x681px
>>35878413
>1 year left
>still no gf
>still khv
>no idea how I'll even meet girls after uni since my job is all guys who rarely talk to each other
>realize even if I did get a gf in the next year at this point she'd probably have fucked half the school and my friends would just look down on me
How do I accept dying alone?
>>
File: 1458528524632.jpg (187KB, 1600x991px) Image search: [Google]
1458528524632.jpg
187KB, 1600x991px
>>35878413
>GPA is 2.1
>I'm sure to fail two classes by the end of this semester
>I'm in an undecided major because CS nearly killed me
>scholarships have been pulled due to my low GPA
>I'm thinking of withdrawing because I don't want to waste any more money

Community college is golden compared to this. I was getting A's left and right and everything seemed hopeful. Now I can't even pass a simple Pre Calc class because I'm too concerned with trying to figure out what I want to major in. Not only that, I got screwed as a transfer because I have 2 years under me and it'll take at least 3 to 4 years for the majors I'm interested in to complete. And that's if I get on my shit. At best, I would graduate in 2022 and I started college in 2014.

This is a stupid expensive trick.
>>
>>35883217
not him but my friends used to do this shit all the time, of course we were all in theater and comfortable around each other since we had to help each other with shit like stage makeup and getting into costume and we were also always acting out trying to be class clowns so it was all "ironically" then we'd call each other faggots afterwards, all of us were straight and all but me even had gfs
>>
File: 1490637323004.jpg (5KB, 173x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490637323004.jpg
5KB, 173x200px
>be me, 25
>first semester back on campus since 2012
>way out of shape, look like 18 yr old freshman faggot
>classes pretty easy
>A's in all 4 classes right now
>apathetic, want semester to be over already
>smoked way too much weed for 9 years, became shut-in during first round of college right after high school
>don't talk to anyone outside of class
>haven't spoken to old friends in years
>shitpost on 4chan for socialiation

a-at least my grades are good, right guys?
>>
File: tumblr_n2akvvf3wH1sg5amvo1_400.gif (966KB, 380x219px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2akvvf3wH1sg5amvo1_400.gif
966KB, 380x219px
>>35882973
I hear you anon. Every once in a while I feel like I make a step forward I end up moving two steps back.
>>
>>35878413
>want to attend community college
>family convinces me to try a trade school for computers since "you're always on it so you'd be good at it"
>e-gf and i both think it's dumb but she's supporting me so i go ahead and go through with it
>trade school is class by class basis, with each class taking making 3 months a piece.
>ace the first class, really great scores, top of my shit and everything
>during the short break between classes she breaks up with me
>we've been together for years
>grades drop, lose interest in school
>eventually skipping class and just not even trying
>drop out

i can't wait to live the rest of my life as a miserable bastard.
>>
>>35878467
Just shut the fuck up and do your work, pussy. Your life could be so much worse, you have no idea.
>>
>>35884363
>25
>9 years out of high school
uh anon...
>>
>>35879069
The only time that going to college will help you get a gf is if you're in the 18-21 age range. Any older than that, and you're just wasting your time.
>>
>>35879156
I know that feel, bro. Currently going through this right now at the age of 25. Fuck us, right?
>>
File: 1487296442264.jpg (86KB, 749x751px) Image search: [Google]
1487296442264.jpg
86KB, 749x751px
protip

>go to community college
>only costs like $1k semester
>do a trade or get 2-year
>if you're stupid as hell just join the military or become a trucker/police/mailman
>>
File: 1462338698737.png (304KB, 550x520px) Image search: [Google]
1462338698737.png
304KB, 550x520px
>>35884738
>trucker
>getting a job that will be obsolete in the next 20 years
may as well just suicide now
>>
Literally alienated everyone I know through doing stupid shit whilst drunk

The first it has ever happened

Looks like being a normie is not for me
>>
>>35884783
pretty much all the jobs that don't include programming and hands on tech shit will probably be automated to some degree in the very near future (forget 20 years)
>>
>it's yet another 'whole dorm is having fun while I'm sitting here getting diabetes from Tesco brownies' episode
>>
File: anime.png (147KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
anime.png
147KB, 225x350px
>got straight A's this quarter, including an A in calc 2 (integrals). which I'm really happy about
>dean's honors list
>3.8 GPA
>stacey life
>internship in the summer
>now it's spring break and goofing off with my bf

Why are you failing at life when it's so easy? Just go to class, study between gaps, and not be a brainlet and you can't possibly fail. If the class is hard then go to office hours.
>>
File: pepex3.jpg (16KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
pepex3.jpg
16KB, 500x326px
>normies have facebook group where the lab professor puts studying material
>dont have a profile
>made a fake one, sent request for joining
>still pending
>>
>>35885082
>>stacey life
Because I'm not a useless fucking roastie who can give up my vag to get whatever I want
>>
File: 1490568449844.jpg (14KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1490568449844.jpg
14KB, 208x199px
>>35885231
>professor wants to see bikini pics
>>
>>35885246
>implying I need to give up my vag to get good grades
Just don't be lazy human trash, anon.
>>
>>35885295
>>implying I need to give up my vag to get good grades
>implying you haven't
fuck off whore
>>
>>35885260

the professor is a younger female tho
>>
>>35885303
yeah? what if my professor is female, nerd?
>>
>>35878413
Academically: Grades are looking good this semester. However, my math grades on my transcripts are too low to ever be considered for a STEM major. Was thinking about graphic design but with that job outlook and salary not lining up with my goals, I don't want to pursue it. This is my 3rd year.

I feel like i'm working away from my biggest fears rather than towards my goals. All I want is a well paying job and my own home to bring a gf back to. I'm unconvinced a liberal arts degree could ever give me that.

What do?

Romantically: No girls. One or two talk to me about school and what not, but I don't have the mental energy to keep a conversation going. I'm trying to cut to 160 lbs, so no distractions.
>>
>>35885398

Then munch the carpet retard. How are you a student if you're this retarded
>>
File: 1454781811207.png (782KB, 794x517px) Image search: [Google]
1454781811207.png
782KB, 794x517px
>>35878413
>Community college
>Had to step the fuck up from high school
>Happy with arts classes but getting goddamn sick of algebra, which has always been my lowest grade
>Have to transfer sometime because CC doesn't have my major
>Haven't done shit for financial aid yet
I'm stressed as hell but I think I'll make it.
>>
>>35885478
I dunno dummy, I think lesbians are kinda uncommon.
>>
File: 1470456682750.jpg (345KB, 873x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470456682750.jpg
345KB, 873x1024px
>>35878413
interview'd at a place today; both interviewers were incredibly nice. Completely stopped being nervous as soon as I checked in and didn't stutter.
Let's hope I get hired so I don't become a NEET in 1 month.
>>
>>35885082
Same here, but I'm not a stacy. Feels good to have a bright future lmao. :^}
>>
File: 1490483963567.jpg (33KB, 527x497px) Image search: [Google]
1490483963567.jpg
33KB, 527x497px
>>35884578
What the fuck are you talking about retard

Hurdur origami
>>
>>35884578
actually if you're 18-28 you still look 18 from what I've seen. I can't tell who is 18 or 25
>>
>>35878413
Just withdrew, now only doing two classes, relatively nice ones though.

>All lectures are at 3PM + other classes later on three days of the week
>No sitting around for classes, fuck long breaks I can't fucking handle being at that place
>I wake up at 2PM every day and can go to bed whenever I want, it's fucking 8am in the morning here and i'm feeling like i'll be up for hours longer.

It's actually going to be okay boys.
>>
File: 1481438901661.jpg (345KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481438901661.jpg
345KB, 1280x720px
>>35878413
>first year
>barely passing with C average
>no friends
>no gf still
>surrounded by qts that won't date me
>tfw I'm wasting my prime sexual years
>tfw probably won't get laid until age 35 if I'm lucky

at least when I was still NEET I could ignore my problems and play vidya all day
>>
Last semester senpaitachi
Have never failed a class but I got senioritis and literally cant focus desu, takes me hours to read a 30 page chapter

Fuck it though I made it this far, I can finish I think im solid on 3/5 classes

Have a stupid presentation with 4 other people next thursday but fuck it dont care gonna wing it
>>
File: 1407119379594.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129KB, 724x611px
>>35878413
>tfw you make a joke and the entire class laughs
It happened twice today
>>
File: stanczyk wojak.jpg (231KB, 680x506px) Image search: [Google]
stanczyk wojak.jpg
231KB, 680x506px
Fuck I'm like halfway into spring break and I still haven't really texted this girl whose number I got right before it started. How do I go about this, I'm not trying to fuck up before I can ask her out sunday/monday but I also don't want a whole week to pass before she hears from me again
>>
File: 1488613859744.jpg (922KB, 1139x1291px) Image search: [Google]
1488613859744.jpg
922KB, 1139x1291px
>4 more weeks

no more papers, no more thinking problems after this year I have a year break until dental school
>>
File: 1477290218813.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1477290218813.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>>35886607
>tfw you make a joke and the entire class just stares at you with confused/angry faces
it's been happening every week for 2 months now
>>
>>35886879
You'd think after a certain point you'd realize it's time to stop attempting to make jokes in front of that crowd
>>
File: 1435467662253.png (229KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1435467662253.png
229KB, 900x900px
>>35878413

>Might be evicted for hanging a dixie flag in my room since a few cunts decided to take issue with it.

>Refuse to have my choice of decorations be removed just because of the self-righteous demands of a few sensitive cunts.

>Am thinking of dumping most of my possessions into storage and living in the 24/7 library for the remaining 2 months of academic year if I do get evicted.

>Maybe even occasionally parade about the university compound with the flag draped around my shoulders just out of spite.

>tfw not even white.
>>
>>35886748
>6 more weeks plus summer classes
>>
I'm in classes I don't understand and if I fail I'm homeless.
>>
im very lonely, thats it

i also study a lot 10-12 hours a day, have to keep this up for the next 50 days or sk
o

if i fail im hanging myself, cant go home
>>
>>35886909
you're about to be homeless because you're a sperg. why are you so stupid?
>>
>>35886744
Talk to her before she forgets you anon.
>>
File: azhhafq.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
azhhafq.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
Changed my major to secondary education with an emphasis on English and a minor in linguistics last semester from business

I've never been happier tbqh
>>
I got a test tomorrow, gotta read and study half of Atkins' Physical Chemistry in one day.

Wish me luck
>>
File: 1488501046317.jpg (38KB, 604x579px) Image search: [Google]
1488501046317.jpg
38KB, 604x579px
>>35885946
>>35884578
>>35879069

this

i'm a freshman and there are people in their 20s who everyone assumes are students

I can think of a 27 year old who I thought was a freshman or sophomore when I first saw him, a junior who looks like a freshman and is physically smaller than I am, and a guy pursuing his masters' who everyone mistakes for a upperclassman as examples

You aren't as fucked as you think you are, lad

>>35879069
it's a good place to meet young people
it's ultimately on you to not be a sperg just like it is anywhere else
>>
>>35887079
Better to be a sperg who goes through some physical discomfort than be a coward who submits to the shrills of overbearing, self-righteous bitches.
>>
>>35878413
>fall in love with every attractive person you walk by on the way to class
tfw I'm actually this pathetic
I want to die
>>
>>35887148
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You have to be literally retarded. You basically just said "I was going to have a high paying job and work not many hours each week, but I'm much happier with heavy unemployment, persistent poverty, and crippling debt"
>>
>>35887200
people in their 20s here*
>>
>>35887215
>I would rather fail out of university and be homeless and in debt than do what some cunt asks me to do in order to pass
Wewwwwww
>>
File: 1356711646257.jpg (42KB, 397x395px) Image search: [Google]
1356711646257.jpg
42KB, 397x395px
>>35887246
Except that I'd want to kill myself everyday in the job that my business degree would lead me to. I enjoy teaching and English much more

Happiness > wealth
>>
>>35879087
Nice bro keep it up!
>>
>>35887265
>Implying being homeless has anything to do with failing university. The current curriculum is laughably easy.

>Have fun living an emasculated life, KEK!
>>
>>35887266
That's stupid reasoning. You could have went business, and then searched for a job teaching finance, accounting, or marketing or something. If you found nothing, you would always have the backup of getting a corporate job. Thus, you would have either ended up with a lot of money in a job you don't like, or less money in a job you do like. With your new degree you either end up with no money in a job you don't like, or a little money in a job you do like. Also, since most business majors go to the corporate world once they graduate, the supply of business teachers is fairly low (again, since you make less money), but the supply of teachers in English is so massively high since all those people can't find a job somewhere else.

You see what I'm sayin?
>>
>>35883374
Just fcking go speak to girls man
It's not that hard
Get some books about how to not be a stupid dumbfuck and just do it
Even if you are ugly af you still can get hot girlfriends
I promise you if you build up real confidence everything else comes automatically
>>
File: 1428449535980.png (343KB, 999x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1428449535980.png
343KB, 999x1000px
>>35887641
What if I told you my state has a huge shortage of teachers right now
>>
File: nah.gif (743KB, 180x130px) Image search: [Google]
nah.gif
743KB, 180x130px
>about to get kicked out of community college for failing too much
>>
File: 1490111514842.jpg (5KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
1490111514842.jpg
5KB, 212x238px
>>35887757
>tfw someone came in late again and missed 2 days already

there's a 2-day policy, you can't miss more than 2 days of lab and only have 2 tardies

Teacher btfo'ed him out of class

This retard came in the last 30 minutes of a 3-hour lab so many times
>>
>>35887732
I would say someone sold you on a meme statistic. When you graduate, your not going to be saying the same thing. And btw, when they say lack of supply, they mean lack of supply of qualified or experienced teachers. Virtually every single industry is going to claim lack of supply, but this supply isn't filled with college students. It's just kept unfilled to keep labor costs low
>>
File: 1419111501551.gif (669KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1419111501551.gif
669KB, 400x389px
>>35887920
Maybe you're right anon, thing is I don't enjoy any other subject except english, it's something I've always been passionate about

I just want to try and make kids love english just as much as I did
>>
File: oPU83of.png (640KB, 1012x712px) Image search: [Google]
oPU83of.png
640KB, 1012x712px
>australian student coming up to last semester
>only have to do 3 subjects before I graduate (normal F/T load is 4)
>thinking of doing exchange to a big U.S. state Uni in south or south east

Part of me thinks it'd be a good opportunity to get away from it all for 5 months and hopefully reinvent myself but on the other hand I'm worried I'll fuck up and not pass all the subjects, I'll remain an antisocial loser in one of these weird U.S. Unis where they coddle you and hold your hand every step of the way and get caught up in the crazy U.S. campus politics and rules and get in trouble or something
>>
>>35887920
If he's in Arizona then he's not memeing, the state is at a crisis-level shortage of teachers atm
>>
File: eradicate.jpg (91KB, 640x707px) Image search: [Google]
eradicate.jpg
91KB, 640x707px
>>35887374
>I can't read or greentext: the post
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>35878413
Anyone here from Loughborough?
>>
File: 025.jpg (168KB, 1472x982px) Image search: [Google]
025.jpg
168KB, 1472x982px
That poo of a Lancaster student bailed on me last night
>feelsbadman with the gun
>>
is 4 exams a lot for finals?
>>
I can't stop thinking about killing myself.

I fucking hate Glasgow.
>>
>>35887965
Don't get me wrong, it's great that your passionate about something, and I know your feel, but there is a point when your love of English should be fulfilled by things like a book club, than from a worthless college degree. Also, you have to understand that there are millions of things to learn, and you may have also found something else your passonate about that actually has job prospects

>>35888083
It's a meme you retard. Do you know how you reduce the supply shortage? You raise wages to attract more workers. If they aren't willing to raise wages (which no one ever is since it is costly), then the lack of supply is artificial. And again, the "crisis-level" lack of supply is always concentrated at the high experience end level. The supply of entry level is virtually out the ass in every industry, since the government extended a shit load of loans, which massively increased the supply of college students. But, at least the job prospects are better in some industries than others
>>
>>35884469
this kind of thing happened to me. if she seemed to like you and things were going good, but then she suddenly decides to break, she was probably cheating on you.
>>
>Ate my first homecooked meal in months tonight
>Wrapped up in my own bed
>Getting on skype with my mancrush from uni in a few minutes to play vidya
Get /comfy/ tonight unibots, you deserve it
>>
>>35885082

Heading to college soon, not really sure what to expect. High school was a breeze, and I'm not one to procrastinate heavily or have difficulty with anything that isn't math.

Really hoping college won't kill me.
>>
File: 1489308492984.jpg (179KB, 1261x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489308492984.jpg
179KB, 1261x1080px
>>35878413
I'm actually becoming a chad. This year alone I've hit on girls, lost the vcard and join a total of 4 sports teams. Becoming a pro alcoholic helped me. Now about those exams...
>>
>>35885082
integrals are baby shit. how easy is your calc 2 class? you sound like you're only at your second or third year, tops.
>>
I have a fucking business plan assignment due in on Sunday. I can't fucking find a scrap of motivation to even start the thing. I can't stop playing For Honor. Fucking help
>>
File: fuuuck.jpg (65KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
fuuuck.jpg
65KB, 250x236px
>Chem lab missed a lab due to storm
>There's a make up day
>text my lab partner if he was ready for the make up lab today
>"oh no anon that was last week"
>>
>>35884363
it is really good that your grades are good anon. you should be proud of that.
>>
File: 1461122107614.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1461122107614.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>tfw never got an internship
>graduating next semester

It's over isn't it?
>>
>>35890120
Depends on your major

It's not over but I hope you better have a good GPA to compensate
>>
>>35890337
Computer Science. Everyone makes it seem like you need a internship to even be considered. I have a 3.6 gpa.
>>
Perfect GPA but no gf
All I do is study
Is this what uni life should be like?
>>
>>35890399
You're not fucked but you're going to be at a severe disadvantage, hope for the best anon
>>
>>35890399
I was literally you.
CompSci, no coop or internship or networking, good grades.
Took me over a year to get a job.

I seriously hope you are a minority so that you get to qualify for the hiring quotas.
>>
File: 1482000957652.jpg (73KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1482000957652.jpg
73KB, 640x475px
>>35878413
What is the most Jewish major after finance?
>>
File: 1466239519838.jpg (29KB, 583x616px) Image search: [Google]
1466239519838.jpg
29KB, 583x616px
>tfw supposed to graduate this spring but not 100% sure that I meet all the requirements for my program yet I constantly delay meeting an advisor for fear that they'll say that I don't meet all the requirements and that I fucked up somehow and make me feel like a loser that spent 7+ years in uni and couldn't even finish a 4 year degree like a normal person
>>
>>35890484
does being an asian benefit from minority quota?
>>
>>35878467
You will never become a veterinarian and save brdies lol.
>>
>>35890554
doctor/lawyer
>>
>>35890597
Literally me.
Yes it counts.
>>
>>35890484
>Took me over a year to get a job
Fuck. I have 6 months after graduating before I will have bills to pay and I probably have 2 or 3 months before my parents start threatening to kick me out. I really don't want to wind up with a fucking McJob.

Also I am white.

>>35890415
I really hope so.
>>
>>35890637
that's great, I thought it's like college admission where you're actually disadvantaged
>>
>>35890646
why don't you become a professional trap?
>>
>>35890715
That's degenerate as fuck. Also I don't look girly at all.
>>
>>35890747
rip in pepperoni man

what's your program?
>>
I'm in my 6th of my physics degree, doing my final research project this semester. And I've realized I hate my major and I'm graduating this semester so no time to change it. So I really have no idea what to do once I graduate, probably become a lab tech or something cause apparently that's all this degree is useful for.
>>
I'm struggling with the idea of going to the Air Force because ex made out with some boy when I'm still in love.
>>
>>35887677
>Just fcking go speak to girls man
I'm not an autist anon, I have female friends even, none of them are interested in me romantically though, I'm fine as a friend but too personalityless and ugly to be a bf
>>
>>35890778
What kind of major? I'm getting a Bachelor of Science.
>>
>>35890858
6th year that is, god it's taking me a while to get out of here
>>
>>35890554
>Jewish major
Dentistry, especially if you own your own dental office.
>>
>>35890943
I see, chem, physics?
>>
>>35891104
Comp Sci, I said so earlier.
>>
My early graduation plans are being fucked over by a physics elective. Just drop the class and still finish "on time", right? Can't afford it, would probably have to take a semester off to work full time. So now it's time to scramble for a month and hope this prof is mer(C)iful
>>
>>35891131
ah I see sorry, I thought you were someone else, best of luck, there should be a high demand for comp sci graduates, no?
>>
>>35878413
So I had a 100% average before the final

Grades posted: I got a C

I'm raging right now because I though I was well prepared, just emailed my professor to see if there was an error

Please bros, I'm cryin
>>
>>35891203
That's what people say, I'm hoping for the best.
>>
Anyone not doing STEM?
>>
I just finished my midterms and surprisingly, I did well enough to avoid being placed on academic probation (I had a 2.1 last quarter because I wasn't taking college seriously.)
>>
>>35891221
Just stop being a brainlet, anon
>>
File: 1481443424568.png (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1481443424568.png
6KB, 205x246px
>tfw fell for the stem meme
>tfw found out how dumb I really am
>tfw flunking out of stem classes I barely got into in the first place
>tfw both socially and mentally retarded
>tfw manlet and brainlet
>tfw no gf and no friends
>tfw still kissless virgin but have to hear roommate fucking every other night
>tfw hot girl in the prime of their life everywhere I look but still stuck masturbating every night
>tfw my parents really believe in me and have been telling all their friends about how I'm gonna become a rocket scientist
>tfw I can't tell them how bad I'm really doing
>tfw had a chance to go to art school but passed it up cause "lol, waste of money"
>tfw haven't drawn in 2 years and art skills have dulled back to retard baby levels
>tfw had to move to a different state for college and leave the 1 friend I made back home
>tfw classes take up all my time so can't even get a part time job
>tfw haven't had time to play vidya in like 11 months
>tfw missing out on everything I used to care about
>tfw was happier when I was a loser NEET living in my parents basement

fell too hard for the college meme
>>
Does your school do midterms on a regular centralized schedule, like finals, or do profs get to hold midterms whenever they feel like it? Do you like this way of scheduling?
>>
Post enda in
1-4 I sleep
5-9 I do homework
0 I do whatever I want
>>
File: 012928393302.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
012928393302.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>have missed 90% of my thursday classes
>gotta present all the work i've done to my professor in person tomorrow
>pulling an all nighter trying to pull something out of my ass

I'm bricking it lads.
>>
>>35882973
I hope your done a valuable STEM major and not some liberal arts bullshit
>>
>>35891221
go into office hours and explain that you have a superior intellect and do not deserve peasant tier grades
>>
>>35891619
Do your fucking homework anon
>>
>>35883579

>pre calc

im doing this shit now after not having taking a math class in 7 years and this is terrible

i am fortunate I have so much free time, this is about 20 hours of homework a week
>>
How can I find a qt autistic girl in uni? I don't want Stacey's used up roastie.
>>
>>35891884
are you dumb? 15 year olds can do precalc, you chimpanzee.
>>
>been attending college for 8 years
>can't racking up student debt but too scared to graduate and get a real job
>have like 6 different minors at this point
>still no major declared
just wreck my life fampai
>>
>>35892049
>implying autism is enough to ward off college chads
they fuck literally everything that moves, I'd bet there isn't an unpopped cherry withing 10 miles of your college.
>>
>>35892181
Please don't say that anon, I'm trying to actually maintain my sanity.
>>
File: 1489494701206.jpg (100KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1489494701206.jpg
100KB, 480x454px
>>35878413
>gave Chad take-home quiz answers
>made some incorrect to protect myself
>he gets a 70
>super pissed because he might fail
>he saw I got a 100
>>
>>35892049
Depends on which college you attend and where you look.
>>
>>35892254
A fairly sized state college (~30k students), where would I even look?
>>
File: 1481861210182.jpg (86KB, 1420x946px) Image search: [Google]
1481861210182.jpg
86KB, 1420x946px
>>35892219
kek.

don't use any porter-potties anytime soon.
>>
>>35892219
>helping chad succeed
you deserve whatever punishment you get
>>
>>35891884
remember that trig shit for calc 2 or get creamed
>>
File: ff899.jpg (41KB, 375x592px) Image search: [Google]
ff899.jpg
41KB, 375x592px
>roommate has his gf over in our room to stay and sleep during weekends
>does the same thing 2-4 times during the week

What is wrong with normies? Why do they do this shit?

I swear to god I'm so angry and tired of this shit I want to stab them both in their sleep.
>>
File: 1450911278659.jpg (12KB, 261x218px) Image search: [Google]
1450911278659.jpg
12KB, 261x218px
>>35884947
that hit me a little too hard anon....
>>
>>35878413
Reaching the end of college and it feels like I'm walking off a cliff basically. Made a lot of friendships that either sort of gradually faded out or abruptly ended, now I see all my old friends in groups planning for the future together, getting houses together and forming communities while I live alone. I went through three separate sets of roommates/housemates, they all excluded me from their housing plans at the end of each year. When I see people I know they're friendly but distant. Meanwhile I've been coasting as far as grades, did the bare minimum with exactly one major and no minors, undergrad, my GPA not good enough to go to grad school or anything, and zero internships or real opportunities lined up post-college. It just feels like it was a huge wasted opportunity and I fucked everything up and sabotaged myself, but stuck it out to the point that it's not like I can drop out to follow my dreams.
>>
>>35885650
>implying lesbianism isn't a choice
come back once you graduate high school
>>
>>35892801
pure lesbianism may be uncommon but bet your ass that bi is super common
>>
File: 1460117215500.jpg (14KB, 283x281px) Image search: [Google]
1460117215500.jpg
14KB, 283x281px
>>35884947
2 for 3 pounds so i buy 4.

>tfw at first year a guy bet me 15 pounds to catch a squirrel so I built a wooden cage trap and waited like an autist with a string at the grass near the property entry
>students i just met came by and asked me what I was doing
>2 sessions of 1 hour each before i realised what i was doing
>>
File: 1476515741819.jpg (85KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
1476515741819.jpg
85KB, 960x716px
>warm weather arrived; temps consistently in high 60's low 70's
>dorm is behind this big ass quad
>finish with classes in early/mid afternoon
>on return to dorm, pass all those groups of happy normies passing footballs, lying in the grass/in hammocks, and just having fun
>meanwhile I spend my leisure time avoiding contact with others because even in the odd event that someone sought out my company, I wouldn't know what to do with it

It really isn't going to get any better I guess.
>>
File: 1373220580918.jpg (80KB, 461x462px) Image search: [Google]
1373220580918.jpg
80KB, 461x462px
>only thing I excel at is writing
what the fuck am I supposed to do with this skill
>>
fuck guys some nights im just so close to proposing to the closest girl. i still have no idea if im good looking or attractive or whatever. I need to find out one day
>>
>>35892955
sell porn to /d/ or write a book
>>
>>35892643
Talk to your roommate about how you feel about this and how it affects your ability to study, etc. If that doesn't work tell your RA about him having her over so much. Don't let other people ruin your college experience because you were too much of a pussy to confront them
>>
File: 1405744919067.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1405744919067.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>35878413
HELP

A WORLD RENOWNED SCHOLAR IN MY FIELD SENT ME COMMENTS ON MY PROJECT AND WANTS TO WORK WITH ME HOW TO I RESPOND REEEEEEEEEEE

i just want to work by myself and get no feedback on anything and turn it in and be done. I'm too nervous to work with actually smart people.
>>
>Uni girls drive me crazy except the ugly ones. They all have sleazy, douchebag or shitskin boyfriends though

>Fucking mood swings can severely affect my academic behavior. I'm happy because I get to work on something but I get depressed when I feel like I'm not reaching my true potential, classes aren't fulfilling enough or trite cynicism

>Still no gf and I'm falling for a teacher like a clumsy liberal arts whore stereotype.
>>
File: 1442098930937.jpg (110KB, 1024x520px) Image search: [Google]
1442098930937.jpg
110KB, 1024x520px
Can this semester please be over already? I don't want to do any more work.
>>
>>35893099
>Still no gf and I'm falling for a teacher like a clumsy liberal arts whore stereotype

Is (s)he hot? You should offer to be their teacher's pet~
>>
>>35893002
I've considered going to my RA about it but I always resist.

As much as I hate how often she's there and forces me to vacate, my University experience is already ruined and I'm the only one that cares. My happiness, sadness, indifference, etc -- they're all of equal consequence to everyone but me, so I feel there's no point in doing anything that might make someone unhappy or less happy than they would otherwise be, regardless of how much it may potentially benefit me.

I have to resist that urge because how I feel doesn't matter.

I hope that made sense.
>>
>>35893069
just do it you beta-cuck-autistic-edgy-weaboo-trash-sperg-nigger-faggot
>>
>>35893193
She's gorgeous. Yeah, I'll try to be her bitch but I don't know if she will respond to my dependence positively.

I want to fuck her right away but I don't know what will happen if I get caught up
>>
>>35891619
My grades fucking suck.
>>
>>35892955

Be a technical writer. Makes pretty decent money in the US, anyways.
>>
File: jesus.png (860KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
860KB, 887x1097px
>>35893200
t. beta cuck

How you feel doesn't matter to them because it doesn't matter to you. Give enough of a shit about yourself to spark some minor conflict in the interests of making things better for yourself in the long run. The tools to fix things for yourself are right in front of you but you're too cucked to use them because you're unreasonably scared of stepping on someone else's toes when you reach for them
>>
>>35893230
Do you even know if she's single? And maybe don't ask her during the semester, just wait until after because it'll make things really weird if she tells you no and you have to continue seeing each other.
>>
>>35893380
I do care about how I feel. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't have come here to vent.

The reason I resist confronting them or someone else is because my roommate and his gf have family, friends, etc. with whom they are in close, constant contact. Their welfare matters to people, and if I say something and they can't spend as much time together, their happiness will suffer, as will the happiness of their family and friends when they hear of it.

Diminishing the happiness of all those people for simply my sake isn't worth, not when I'm the only that intrinsically cares about my happiness.
>>
>>35893465
She has a daughter not younger than me but I think she might be divorced. Not very sure though. She might be divorced from family life though

I've thought of dropping subtle hints about being interested in seeing her again. Not really sure that's going to work out. I'm usually great with girl but this is different. I am at utter shock when I see her because I don't know how she'll react
>>
>>35893570
>she has a daughter

fuck her instead
>>
>>35893639
The plan is fucking both of them.
>>
File: IMG_5015.jpg (104KB, 854x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5015.jpg
104KB, 854x960px
>>35878413
>How are classes going?
As always, mediocre.
>Have you withdrawn from any yet?
I've withdrawn from 8 classes total in my 3 years at uni, and no, I'm not behind and should still graduate on time.
>Are you trying to frantically bring your grades up?
I'm just bullshitting classes as always.
>Are you having roommate/suitemate drama?
I've been living in a single dorm for a year now. Living with another adult that you aren't fucking is just fucking stupid.
>Do you fall in love with every attractive person you walk by on the way to class?
I don't even notice people anymore. Kinda hard to fall in love with someone just by looking at them. I just mind my business.
>>
>>35879890
>girl I loved
Never understood how knowing a girl you most likely had casual conversations with at the very most for less than a year somehow results in people "falling in love with them"
>>
>>35881575
I know that feel. It's hard to fight it when your mind Warps your entire reality and perception of it to fit nothing but sadness and anger.
>>
File: 1483051582816.jpg (132KB, 816x812px) Image search: [Google]
1483051582816.jpg
132KB, 816x812px
>>35879214
absoute shit, dorming here was a mistake and choosing a room by random was a mistake too. i cannot wait for this semester to be over.
> Be me
> have some southern, chad asshole
> uses my desk as a ladder to his bed
> has his stupid friends in his dorm
> im pretty sure he's taken some of my shit
> thinks im weird and annoying
> tells me to shut when i talk in OUR FUCKING room
> Has a nigger girlfriend

i cannot wait for this shit to be over.im commuting next year and will only have to go to class 2 days out of the week. Fuck this shit, i hope he gets raped by niggers
>>
>>35878413
Why are so many of you worried about getting a gf when you have a ton of other problems to deal with?

Don't you realize that how the girl feels about you is totally out of your control? The best thing for you to do is be yourself.
>>
File: 1356301273218.jpg (47KB, 369x368px) Image search: [Google]
1356301273218.jpg
47KB, 369x368px
How many times have you changed your major /r9k/?
>>
About to finish my meme degree is Illustration so looking forward to that.

I'm glad it will be over soon, I just want a normal job and a normal life for a while. Uni life is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>35881741
12PM is fapping time. Pretty sure this is the only chance you'll be able to get off to two lesbians doing each other.
Play shittier music when your neighbor does. Ask /mu/ for suggestions if you need them. Get your speakers nice and close to his walls.
Remember that everyone has emotions, everyone's jimmies can be rustled. Don't take shit from others about "living with people". They're doormats that would put up with anything.
>>
>>35894109
Zero. I've thought about it and probably should have, but having to schedule meetings with 3 different people is enough to stop me from doing just about anything.
>>
File: Farage don't care.jpg (39KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
Farage don't care.jpg
39KB, 625x415px
>Anon, you need to do an internship. You won't get a job otherwise.
>>
>>35894109
Four times across four semesters. Cost me $20k but only a few gen eds will count towards my new major.
>>
>>35887965
You would have been more employable with a degree in English or Philosophy than Secondary Education.

As an analogy, you think math majors can't teach if times got hard? "Sorry, anon, we don't take college grads that actually know what they're teaching."
>>
>>35891221
This has actually happened in my school, where the professor accidentally gave everyone a C- but fixed it later. Hope you're not in engineering though.
>>
>>35894512
NVM HE JUST EMAILED ME

EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE FINE
HE HAS THE EXAM
>>
Anyone else here fucking hate political science majors? They all have this condescending arrogant tone in their voice and always act like they're the experts on everything.

They also unironically believe they're going to be rich and powerful/president one day
>>
>>35895349
they are psychotic freaks who were to scared to get a real degree because hurrr math is too hard don't measure a fishes ability to fly and so they need to be superficially arrogant to cover up their own sense of inferiority
they're like poor people that wear fancy clothes cause they're mad about being poor they don't even realise normal people dress normally because they are over compensating
arts majors think they're being strong empowered normal people when they act like weird pompous cunts they literally don't know any better
>>
>>35895349
My freshman roommate was a political science major. He was like that until second semester, when he started living in reality.
>>
>working full time, nightshift job
>decide to go to trade school on my days off
>somehow my dad convinces me to take 4 classes this semester
>mfw I'm now a full time student and a full time worker

I'm glad I don't have kids, because I'm damn sure I would be abusing them after a few weeks of this
>>
i have a 10 page report due tomorrow. I have been puttung it off for so long that now i will have to pull an all nighter to get it done. Its not even a difficult report but i just cant bring myself to do it for some reason.

does this happen to anybody else? Its a cycle i cant get out of, just procrastinating till the very last minute because i would rather be writing this sentence than working on my report.

How do i stop doing this to myself
>>
>>35880292
lmfao friend u have auddism
>>
>>35880846
yeah.

t. 4.0 in calc 3
>>
File: 1409188360494.png (48KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1409188360494.png
48KB, 400x388px
I have one more semester left. I am so close. But there is one class that is giving me trouble. This one class. And I am failing it. It is mathematically impossible for me to pass the class at this point. I have already sentenced myself to another semester to get this degree.
What is worse is that I already have a job offer lined up for when I graduate. I really don't want to lose it. I don't want to disappoint my family and friends and my mentors and I don't want to give ammo to my haters.
I have opted to try to figure out how to change my grade in this one class via breach. I have already gained access to multiple student emails for use and a couple GTA accounts. AMA
>>
Any Calstate fags here?

I want to transfer to electrical engineering. My three options are SLO, Long beach and Pomona.

I heard Pomona has an awful boring campus. Can anyone Calstatefags in those three schools give me a basic gestalt on those schools?
>>
>>35879628
Can I still watch anime if I go to the military? I have a bunch downloaded on my external drive that I could bring with me.
>>
>>35895942
Why did you fuck up in this class?
>>
File: soj3ekohvlrtjoer.jpg (39KB, 454x675px) Image search: [Google]
soj3ekohvlrtjoer.jpg
39KB, 454x675px
>>35896124
I underestimated the workload of the class and I have dug myself to a point of no return. It's completely my fault I didn't do well enough. I'm frankly ashamed but I'll be more ashamed if I don't graduate on time.
>>
Fuck
I wanna change my major but it's to a different engineering field and I'm in second semester sophomore year
how fucked am I? Probably not horribly, but I'm still really nervous about it

I'm currently in chemical and biomolecular engineering, and I'm starting to realize that a) If I'm having so much trouble giving a shit about my studies maybe I shouldn't be studying that shit and b) I'm more excited about the potential applications of biomolecular engineering than actually DOING it

I wanna switch majors to comp sci or something like that since I legitimately like programming (I even took any excuse I could find to do it at a part time job before) but I'm definitely worried about future prospects...
>>
>>35879069
Went through 5 years, didn't make a single friend or even an acquaintance (much less a gf). What very few "friends" I have I got in high school.
>>
>>35887965
Don't listen to those faggots. Nothing is more valuable than being paid for something you would want to be doing even without pay.
>>
File: 1451535069819.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1451535069819.png
9KB, 205x246px
>tfw have crush on straight friend
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>35896174
why do u need to graduate "on time"

this isnt a race champ
>>
File: 1432935574135.png (8KB, 215x255px) Image search: [Google]
1432935574135.png
8KB, 215x255px
>>35896326
I don't have enough money after this semester. I will be unable to continue further education without massive lifestyle changes. I have to get through this semester successfully any way possible.
You are right in that it isn't a race. I should have planned for a December graduation. Instead, I dug a big hole and I almost want to blow my brains out over it.
>>
File: 1441932805004.png (186KB, 339x478px) Image search: [Google]
1441932805004.png
186KB, 339x478px
>>35878413
I attend a private university.

Bachelor of Science in Management and Leadership, Marketing minor.

Freshman/Sophomore year my grades sucked but great social life through my fraternity.
Junior/Senior year I developed as a person and became more responsible, better grades.

Finishing up my degree over the summer and next school year, will graduate spring '18

>feelsgoodman
>>
>>35888481
The problem with raising wages for public schools is that the budget is limited by politicians, and privatizing education and making everyone pay for education means an even greater disparity in education for the rich and the poor than there is now

The only option is to increase education funding by state politicians, and people hate education in a lot of places
>>
>spring break
>just pretend like I'm a NEET for a week
>>
>>35896723
THIS

Oreos and origamis
>>
File: Rust intrigued.jpg (69KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
Rust intrigued.jpg
69KB, 775x837px
>have to a write a measly 300 word response to a reading
>halfway done
>don't want to finish it and am looking for every excuse not to, so I'm here shitposting
>>
>competitive exam in May
>no chance to succeed now, I can't learn all the stuff I need on time
>will still have to try and fail, disappointing and alienating all who believed in me
>>
I have to pass my next exam at all costs, or I fail the class and my GPA takes an irrecoverable hit. I hate my major, have no clue what I'm doing, and just want to escape from it all. But I can't, because I have too many obligations and without this Calc course I cannot graduate.

I just want to enjoy what I'm learning. Is that so much to ask?
>>
File: 1489695711366.jpg (123KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
1489695711366.jpg
123KB, 640x361px
>trying to sleep
>start thinking about my student loans
>>
I graduated yesterday, I got an A for my thesis which is the best grade I've gotten so far. Feels good. Now onto a Master's. Shit's never over.
>>
>>35893954
desperation + imagining and projecting an entire future onto the person
>>
File: 1310671390981.jpg (5KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1310671390981.jpg
5KB, 251x240px
>tfw I've made a habit of pulling all-nighters to write papers just before they're due

Thank God it's the last challenging semester. I can take it easy after this.
>>
File: palmwojak.png (17KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
palmwojak.png
17KB, 509x619px
>tfw random girl asked how you were out of nowhere and you're so confused why that you stutter

I just don't understand why she did it. Was she interested in me? Was she worried I looked like a school shooter? Was she cozying up because she wants to improve her grades? Fuck me sideways people are complicated
>>
>>35898457
Explain the situation. Have you talked before, what you were doing at the time, what was she doing, where were you both, etc.
>>
>>35898554
I was just leaning against wall just minding my own outside class when she showed up. I didn't even think she knew i existed before then so it was really out of nowhere.
>>
>>35898609
I assume she was just friendly and bored, and since you weren't doing anything she thought she'd have a chat. She might have been interested, but the other stuff there's pretty much 0% chance of.
>>
>>35898754
You're probably right. It's was probably just one of those times where you haven't talked to someone in so long you forget how to speak
>>
>>35878413
I never had a college experience. I commuted from home, never tried weed, never had sex, never had a drop of alcohol, never even kissed or ever had a girlfriend? And I'm graduating in a year with no guarantee for a job or a love life. What went wrong? And it's not like there's any cute girls in my major either. Just gross probably taken anyways nerds.
>>
>dont go to class
>dont know anyone
>get an email telling me ive missed an assessed homework
well bye bye 10%.

Why cant they fucking email me when the homework is set?
>>
>>35885082
How are grades in the US so high? In the UK, 70% average is considered excellent.
>>
File: we just don't know.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>35885082
Why are you here?

No, originally, why are you here?
>>
>Lecturer sends out email that makes no sense with obvious typos
>reply "Go home you're drunk"
>she sends email again, still has spelling mistakes, makes no sense
>reply again, telling her to try again tommorow
>sends same email directly to me with same mistakes
>I don't reply, pretty sure I just earned straight fails.
>>
>>35900979
unless you are not a student, how autistic do you have to be to tell your lecturer that they are drunk and should fuck off home
>>
>>35901074
Autistic enough to know when someone is obviously drunk.
>>
>>35901102
But in what shithole of a uni is it acceptable to speak like that to a member of staff?
>>
File: 1488316248192.jpg (39KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1488316248192.jpg
39KB, 665x574px
>can feel myself starting to slip in my classes
>going to drop one and take it again 2 semesters from now
>have a ton of exams coming up that I don't feel prepared for
>am only taking 3 classes next semester

I want this fucking semester to end so much
I'll change my study habits next semester
>>
>>35879087
You fucking lazy fuck, you currently don't have the means to be a NEET. Go to school and do something so you can grind to a corporate job when you graduate
>>
> tfw missing classes and work just to stay home and masturbate to hentai

I just know I'd be so much more successful and everything in my life would be right if only I had a GF

FUCK
>>
>>35878413
Today I got the top progrmming checkpoint done wth just 5 mins to spare
Feelsgoodman
>>
File: 1453791917846.png (554KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453791917846.png
554KB, 1024x600px
>seminary group
>my grounp consists of
>me
>a fucking autist that would be an outcast even on /r9k/
>stacy that almost enver goes to class because she has 2 fucking daughters at 21
>fucking nigger sheboon
>and a fucking downs syndrome girl
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
GOD FUCKING HELP ME IF ONE DAY BY A FUCKING MIRACLE I HAVE A KID I SWEAR TO FUCKING YOU IF IT HAS DOWNS SYNDROME I'M GONNA RUN FASTER THAN ROAD RUNNER
>>
I dropped out in high school.
>>
>>35900773
Extremely high standards, except for me, I probably have a ~3.0 gpa and I'm only a freshman
>>
>failed out
>came back
>failing out again
I'm bad at the whole school thing.
>>
>>35902050

i know that feel friend

>group project
>geoinformatics (think like google maps, spatial databases, web development, etc.)
>group of 4
>pajeeta who doesn't even know how to use ArcGIS (basically the microsoft word of the geomatics world)
>nigerian whose computer desktop is literally covered in files and full of viruses

this is a goddamn master's program, how the fuck are these people getting in when they have literally ZERO experience in the absolute basics? i'm not even sure if i trust them with the most basic data-entry gruntwork. ree.

thankfully i have a relatively normal spanish girl too, she doesn't have a lot of coding experience but she is very eager to learn, and her boyfriend is a web developer or something.
>>
>>35902253
>gee why are these foreign people so stupid

The school wants their money. Chances are they're paying more than you.
>>
>>35902253
>pajeeta
>nigerian
> how the fuck are these people getting in when they have literally ZERO experience in the absolute basics?
you answered your own question
>>
>>35902322
>>35902327

there are other pajeets and nigerians in my class that are some real smart cookies but yeah it's like theres 1 smart one for every 5 dumb ones
>>
File: 1490663541605.jpg (238KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490663541605.jpg
238KB, 641x600px
>week before spring break
>being around normies for 7 weeks driving me mad
>burnt out, on the verge of a mental breakdown or panic attack
>go home for the break
>mood lifts and become happier than ever
>came back this sunday
>workload is heavier than ever
>two nights already of staying up to 1-3 am
>barely any sleep
>work just doesn't stop
>beginning to lose motivation to work
>just want to leave this place
>"maybe if I fail my classes, I can drop out and never have to come back" mentality
>I've never been more miserable in my life
>even when I try to focus, I just drift off into thinking about leaving this place

Do I keep trying to do work, or just let the shit hit the fan?
>>
>>35902725
M8 summer will be even worse if you can't deal with normies

Shirtless chads everywhere
>>
File: 1490859795645.png (267KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490859795645.png
267KB, 640x360px
Should i drop out college?

I fucking hate go outside and feeling no point at what i'am studying. I have no friends in there and sociallly retarded. Of course i'm gonna fucked it up at last
I just feels like autistic faggot in there

I just want save some money and study digital art i know i'm hopeless piece of shit but i'm already piece of shit
>>
>>35879706
I have zero (0) friends for the whole 4 years I've been here, I still managed to finish tho don't be such a pussy desu.
>>
i cant even leave my house today fucking hell I just hate how I look
>>
>>35903061
stacies and chads care about how they look you fucking fag
>>
>>35903061
my hair is curling funny today so I'm not going to class either
>tfw you will never kill yourself
>>
>>35902967
If its something you can teach yourself, then free yourself from that hell. I'll probably end up dropping out this semester, learning how to drive, and start trying to get a job because I'm in a similar situation. Hate going outside, no friends, autistic, and fucking everything up.
>>
I am officially done with school. Third semester I try, few years apart, and third semester I end up dropping classes cause I don't attend. Before is was cause muh social anxiety this time cause lived to far from school and never made it on time. It is freezing where I live and waking up is a pain, I'd have to be up at 4:30am to be in class at 8am. No free time with work and only 4 hours of sleep cause of the commute, call me a baby.

I am intelligent, A's in all the assingments I handed in and an A in the one test we took in bio, granted it was just the beginning. Not that that's what makes one smart, as college work is trivial BS, at least the classes I took and the few assignments I did. I just HATE college, our lab was in groups and everyone was doing everything wrong and when I tried to say something they cut me off and ignored me. I didn't say a peep for the rest of the assignments, watched what had to be done and handed in my own work only to have the professor tell me it was mandatory the work be done in groups, I got an A+ right they got a C-. Then there was my sociology class, I thought it'd be a lecture but no, we sat in a circle like 5 year olds and proceeded to read out loud and debate and talk as a class. I went in witch the mind set 'screw these people, I am never going to see them again' but that commute killed me.

What is there to do when you have no college degree? Be a cashier for the rest of your life?

sorry for the rant
>>
File: lains.png (761KB, 1600x1400px) Image search: [Google]
lains.png
761KB, 1600x1400px
I'm in art school right now and it's so fucking embarrassing. All of the entry-level/foundations classes are taught by former graduate students and there is no substantial criteria for finished pieces. EVERYONE gets an A regardless of how shitty their project is. Seriously, we just had a film project (in a 3d design class?) and someone took the ugliest single-shot video on their fucking iphone at a gas station and got an A because they managed to bullshit their way through. I'm so overwhelmed by these boring, mediocre projects that ask for no critical thought. I just want to spend the whole day figure drawing, painting still lifes, and attending art history lectures but all of the complex, challenging, interesting aspects of my major are reserved for upperclassmen.

Luckily, I'm doing okay in school with all A's. It might just be intro classes that infantilize us freshmen, or because i'm not in STEM, or both. I just want to make more fucking art and not feel like i'm floating in a stagnant pond.

pic related, just some lain doodles i did. is anyone else majoring in art? what are your thoughts on uni art?
>>
>>35903886
that's funny cuz it's the opposite here. Everything is done by grad students and they don't give a shit so they just fail you.
guess that's the difference between STEM and art
>>
>>35884947
same but drinking helps
>>
Why do normies like to scream for fun? I swear someone is going to get raped or murdered outside my dorm one day and no one will react because they will just assume that someone is screaming for fun.
>>
File: 1489771658842.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489771658842.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>midterm in 30 minutes for a class that you've skipped half of the lectures for

Why do I keep doing this to myself
>>
>assignment due next week, should've started today, gonna start tomorrow
>one last committee job, then internship, then finally rest

quite anxious

>>35878467
use the library computer, not your own

>>35879069
anything can happen. if you think bad things can happen don't forget good ones can too

>>35879214
i live with my friends in a house, 3 of us guys and 2 girls. if they don't clean their dishes, tell them to. if they eat my shit, tell them to stop. if they're too loud, tell them to be quiet. sometimes we cook together. we're all good because we're friends

but i did stay in the dorms, some stories
>cockroach stayed in my sink for three days before i killed it
>indian guy went over to my room and made my bed literally smell like curry
>left my alarm ringing while i was away
>found a cat in the hallway

>>35879502
>>35880309
>>35881575
>>35882973
>>35883374
>>35884363
>>35884469
>>35885620
>>35886925
>>35887035
hang in there

>>35880622
everyone's doing engineering today, so i guess yeah it's good

>>35887148
congratulations, i'm proud of you. no regrets, happiness > wealth, job prospects are fine

t. business student
>>
>two students missing when hiking a nearby hill
>it's been a few days
one of them is in my class, quite spooked

>lecturer made me keep the attendance list
>miss a class

>finally feel that classes are starting to get hard
>read /uni/
>motivated to not be like the rest of you

>>35887197
good luck

>>35888359
no

>>35888379
don't

>>35892955
fucking write you faggot. your uni must have a literary magazine or newspaper. fucking write there and win prizes. send your pieces to outside competitions or magazines or papers or whatever, it's not that fucking hard, fuck

>>35895349
no but they're hipsters and really outgoing and nice

>>35895458
dedicate a day, remove distractions, it'll be easy when you get the momentum going

>>35896480
>Leadership
sounds like a shit degree but good to hear you're doing good
>>
File: 1423707943565.jpg (75KB, 475x706px) Image search: [Google]
1423707943565.jpg
75KB, 475x706px
>>35905952
>congratulations, i'm proud of you. no regrets, happiness > wealth, job prospects are fine
this feels like sarcasm
>>
>>35896021
There are lots of weebs in military and you don't work on weekends
>>
File: 1483217324744.jpg (84KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1483217324744.jpg
84KB, 1024x683px
>tfw classmates call me 18 years old
>tfw 27

at least I know I look young
>>
File: 1482564298943.jpg (10KB, 332x336px) Image search: [Google]
1482564298943.jpg
10KB, 332x336px
>Graduate with an MS in a STEM field in May after 5.5 years
>Already turned in my thesis
>Class has 3 exams that make up the entire grade 25/25/50 split
>Get a 27/29 on the first two
>No roommates
>Taking BJJ classes and competing as a blue belt
>Have already left my job, looking for a career
>Have about a year of relevant experience
>Ready to pass any drug test
>Ahead of schedule on my homework

Feels good not to be an incel. I still feel sad like a total fucking loser.

inb4 I don't belong. I'm a virgin
>>
File: wojak.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>tfw brainlet
>tfw couldn't manage better that a C in Maths GCSE
>>
File: 1489442153346.jpg (20KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
1489442153346.jpg
20KB, 252x212px
>tfw fuccboi haircut
>fuccboi clothes
>go to party
>4 girls hit on me

I made it
>>
>>35903886
Based on your "art" you're quite a hypocrite
>>
File: 1489774222447.jpg (22KB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
1489774222447.jpg
22KB, 480x324px
>>35879322
>not leaving limes out for the lime fairy
>>
>>35906235
two women got kidnapped and held in a house on the same block as my dorm.
also spooked
>>
>>35893539
Utilitarianism is utter tripe. Don't be that faggot who bends over and takes it because it's for muh greater good, who cares about those people
>>
File: end.jpg (145KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
145KB, 800x1200px
>tfw I'm watching myself make the same mistakes I made in high school but I can't stop it
Fucking christ, I thought I had made some serious improvements when it came to socializing/talking to girls. But now I'm completely overthinking with this girl and I know it'll screw me over if I don't cut it out, I don't want to spiral into a serious crush again and ruin everything I just want to go on a date or something with her
>>
>>35898192

its worse for me because I have realized i always do my most outstanding work when my back is against the wall and the paper is due in like 2 hours

dont do this unless you like waking up with nightmares about having work immediately due. and this lasts long after you have graduated
>>
File: 1468649269730.jpg (151KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1468649269730.jpg
151KB, 1280x1440px
>buddhist monk from india doing guest lecture today
>fucking sperg who always tries to act like he's a normie in the back of class
>has to tell his life story every time he asks a simple yes or no question
>rambles for a good 30 minutes straight trying to ask a question
>monk actually starts to lose patience
I think I finally witnessed real weaponized autism today.
>>
>>35879322
>not living alone
You literally asked for this
>>
File: 1428112324113.jpg (73KB, 630x611px) Image search: [Google]
1428112324113.jpg
73KB, 630x611px
who /no break/ here?
I've had classes continuously for the past 1.5 years. My longest break was 2 weeks
>>
>>35908586
I may be adopting that lifestyle starting next year, I don't want my semesters to be packed with useless classes that could be taken over "break"
>>
>failed a test a few weeks ago
>prof puts a list of names of people he wants to talk to
>can be seen by the whole class
>my name will probably be up there
should I just skip today
>>
>>35908586
I've got 4 weeks right now but I have to write my dissertation.
>>
File: 1461465543279.png (1MB, 800x887px) Image search: [Google]
1461465543279.png
1MB, 800x887px
>>35878413
>How are classes going?
3 solid B's and 1 who knows
>Have you withdrawn from any yet?
Considering dropping jap 3 because the professor's kind of an asshole
>Are you trying to frantically bring your grades up?
Only japanese
>Are you having roommate/suitemate drama?
I live alone
>Do you fall in love with every attractive person you walk by on the way to class?
Nope, women are disgusting and I have no idea why you would have any desire to be with one
>>
I'm getting that feel where it's like impossible to do work. I have a project due next week but I just can not find it in me to start it. I just want a comfy job as a streamer not this smart, logical life choice bullshit.
>>
>>35909863
Realise that you have to do it regardless so you might as well just start now and enjoy the free time after it's finished rather than waste time now and constantly keep thinking 'fuck I have to do this shit later though'.
>>
>>35879069
A reminder that if you did not get laid in highschool every passing year after that diminishes your chances.
>>
File: 1486911154209.gif (288KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
1486911154209.gif
288KB, 447x415px
>>35908681
>tfw exact opposite problem
>have highest grade in essay based class
>blabbed about it and the professor also told me good job
>normies suddenly talking to me and asking me to proofread their shit
>>
>>35881489
>I hate life and I want other people my age to hate life as well
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>35892049
Even those "shy" girls have been fucked by dozens of guys by the time they get to college/uni.
>>
File: Study234.png (1MB, 1359x947px) Image search: [Google]
Study234.png
1MB, 1359x947px
>>35878413
currently reading chapter covered in class gonna take about 30 min then gonna take a bf1 break

gotta finish my paper tonight, better whip out the whisky
>>
>literally 2/25 on a quiz
haha just fuck my shit up
>>
>>35910739
won't whisky make it harder to finish your paper
>>
>>35910766
controlled amounts to ride the buzz, gotten pretty good at it and i don't drink to get smashed

write buzzed, proofread sober. Rinse and repeat
>>
>>35879706
The alternative is dropping out and being broke with no purpose

just do the work, listen to music, take breaks and enjoy learning.
>>
>>35910761
It could be test for mental illness
>>
>3 years into a 4 year biology program and I hate biology
>Never gave a fuck about anything in my life and ended up here just by drifting

I hate this shit. I never thought about my future and what I liked to do so I ended up here for the Med-School meme cause I'm "gifted".

Now I can't even get into med school probably cause my GPA is fucking 2.8, and going to go even lower if I don't ace my finals

What's the fucking point... I just wanna start over from the beginning again. I want to experience the university life as a high GPA socialite with good buddies to hang out with. Working on a degree in engineering or something. I hate working in labs, is that going to be my fucking career?

I don't know if I'm just a whiny bitch or what, but I hate where I am right now. All I can do now is improve myself, lift, read and learn a marketable skills. I realize I need to take my life into my own hands, but it's so frustrating looking back at what my life could have been like.
>>
>>35910766
>he wites essays dead sober
>>
>skipping my 1/week class for the 3rd time this semester
>deluding myself into thinking that i'll make it up by doing well on the exams that make up 80% of the grade
I love being autistic
>>
File: 1447568307402.jpg (346KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447568307402.jpg
346KB, 600x800px
>>35885659
Actual update: Got a call back the very next day with an offer. We're fucking in there!
>>
File: Chairman1.png (126KB, 529x466px) Image search: [Google]
Chairman1.png
126KB, 529x466px
>>35911615
Proud of you anon! Go make those sweet goybux
>>
>>35878413
Think I am about to drop out, I am meeting up to class everyday but i haven't understood anything being taught for the last half a year. have sleeping problems and have multiple days with just 30min - 2 hours of sleep and have been falling asleep in class a couple of times. have been to tired and unmotivated to do my homework. my social skills have been increased abit so there is that, though even if i am able to sound more intresting people seem to avoid me outside of class. the teachers seems incompetent and is not willing to help out they might even be hopeing people is dropping out (education is free in my contry and the course I take have a dropout rate of 2/3)
>>
>>35878413
Anyone else think comp sci is the most cucked degree? Most programmers are self taught and can do the jobs just fine. Plus the other STEM majors can do programming better than comp sci majors. Its seriously better to just teach yourself how to code and learn any maths you'll use on your own
>>
>>35911670
Comp sci is the "art major" of STEM
>>
>>35911660
Is attendance graded? If not, just study whatever is needed and only show up during tests.
>>
>>35887246
>Business degrees
>Getting anyone a high paying job in 2017
>>
>>35907175
Artfag BTFO
BTFO
>>
File: CDh1q2ZWgAAQXkH.jpg (34KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
CDh1q2ZWgAAQXkH.jpg
34KB, 600x451px
>first night of being almost alone in the whole dorm because almost everyone went home for easter
>wasn't talking to anyone anyways, but for some reason it feels much worse
>it's gonna be like this for 3 whole weeks
reeeee normies come back ;_;
>>
>>35911724
yes, you stupid fuck. if you did internships, you will. if you went to a good school, you will get recruited by top companies. if you went to state school and did no internships with shitty gpa you won't, but who's that much of a retard?
>>
>>35911688
CS and engineering are the only useful stem undergrad majors. anything else is useless unless you go the med school route.
>>
>>35911767
Keep dreaming that your shitty state school meme business degree will get you anywhere buddy, I'll be over here with the rest of the STEM people actually being employed :^)
>>
>>35911825
kek I'm not in business or a state school, you absolute fucking retard. I just told you state school is useless. Can you read English at all?
>>
>>35911851
I know your impending future of selling vacuum cleaners door to door is getting to you but that doesn't mean you need to call me names on the internet buddy
>>
>tfw didn't study for any of my midterms
>Got a 97, 93, 84, 83, and 80
I know it'll all come crashing down but I've maintained a 3.2GPA for two years without studying
>>
>>35911892
actually, it's because you showed blatant reading comprehension problems. a grade schooler could understand what I said, and yet you can't. you're embarrassingly stupid. and you keep insisting I am studying business as damage control since you're assblasted over being made to look like a toddler in special ed.
>>
>>35911808
Except this is false. A physics degree can et you a job in finance. Engineering degrees can get you lots of jobs. Como Sci will not get you a job unless you have a portfolio to show you can create good software
>>
>>35911933
>M-mommy said my marketing degree will get me places!!

I'll make sure to toss a few bucks your way when you're panhandling after realizing just how useless your degree is pal
>>
>ctrl+f "fail"
>25 matches
is this a meme? how do you fail a class?

explain this, brainlets.
>>
>>35911983
I'm not in marketing either, why are you damage controlling so hard? You need to grasp at straws to form an argument, it's pathetic how stupid and desperate you are, anon. Are you literally in tears just because I said business degrees from good schools have value? Grow up, you toddler. This is why no woman would ever touch you.
>>
>>35911738
how do I not go insane?
>>
Taking calc 2, physics 1, and c++ programming and working Fri to sun every weekend. Thinking about quitting my job to ensure I pass my classes since I'm supposed to be transferring this fall.
>>
>>35912055
pls give attention
>>
>>35912055
Go out for a jog.
>>
>>35878413
anyone go to a private university?
>>
>>35888379
why do you hate Glasgow so much?
>>
>>35912433
yup, i'm sure there are plenty of us here
>>
File: 1434173047433.jpg (37KB, 670x496px) Image search: [Google]
1434173047433.jpg
37KB, 670x496px
Hello lads

I'm a high school senior and I'm going to college in august. Here's my situation:

>Go ham in freshman and sophomore years, take AP computer science and AP world history sophomore year to get ahead of the curve
>Junior year was around as hard as sophomore year, except this time just with AP physics I and AP US history
>Senior year is fuck easy comparatively, since I took english at the local comm. college and have only 3 classes in the afternoon now
>Take AP physics II and AP Calculus AB rn
>3.89 GPA
>Can talk to women, and not a sperg
>working out 4x a week

However,
>College is out of state, and I'm likely the only one going to that college from my school
>Sit at my computer way too much, its where I spend 90% of my time at home
>Doing engineering degree

Is college really that hard? I feel like I'm fine but I've heard stories of people getting raped in their first few years. I feel like I'm fine but I really don't want to get overwhelmed.
>>
>Be me, currently college junior
>Fell for the "work and study hard" meme for the past three years
>It goes well, have a perfect 4.0 GPA, got into a few honors societies, my professors like my work, and working practically full time outside of school has made me a lot of money
>The tradeoff is that I've made almost no friends since I started, and I don't really talk to anyone from my classes on a daily basis
>Currently depressed because I realized just how much of a friendless sperg I've become

Should I try to actually socialize my senior year, or should I just forget about it?
>>
>>35913503
It's not that hard. I thought AP courses were a lot harder than actual college courses. The "AP is just like college" meme is really retarded tbqh.
>>
>>35913669
i would try to socialize wherever you end up after graduation because any friends you make now you may not see again
>>
File: e20.png (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
75KB, 600x600px
>sign an email to lab TA as "Cheers"
>immediately get a reply saying such behavior is disrespectful

Really fires my neurons.
>>
>>35878413
Yeah, there's a girl in one of my classes. She's kind of a history nerd I think, we kind of bond because we're the only people in the class that give a crap about what the class is about. We actually had a friendly conversation yesterday, it's a shame that I'm too much of a coward to ask to hang out with her outside of class or get lunch or whatever. If she's even interested in me she probably doesn't think I'm into her because I don't strike up conversations with her. In truth I just don't say anything because she also looks like she's keeping to herself. I might have autism or something but that shit isn't normal. I'm gonna have a great time this summer kicking myself over not doing anything about it.
>>
File: 1464330520114.jpg (11KB, 326x315px) Image search: [Google]
1464330520114.jpg
11KB, 326x315px
>>35913503
>Is college really that hard? I feel like I'm fine but I've heard stories of people getting raped in their first few years.
Entirely depends on you and your uni. I was top 5% of my high school class and got offered a scholarship and all to my uni then I crashed and burned on calc 2, completely wrecked my gpa and lost my scholarships. And this wasn't at all unusual at my school, my major was CS and calc 2 was required to go on to the next tier of classes but it ended up chopping the CS enrollment in half, coming in after each test was depressing as fuck because the room slowly got more and more empty.
>>
File: 1474591507837.jpg (59KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1474591507837.jpg
59KB, 633x758px
>>35880292
>she left me to "find herself"
This is one of the biggest lies a woman can tell you. She just doesn't like you and wants to be a whore. Period
>>
>ending sophomore year
>generally amiable to everyone i meet but obviously not trying to make friends intentionally
>have made 1 good friend and several acquaintances so far
>my one good friend decided that with mommy's and daddy's money that he can just study abroad for a year, perhaps even graduate abroad
>realize i'm not gonna have anyone on campus close to next semester
>sorta worried at large at this point that I won't find any real, lasting friends
Are my fears unfounded? I've always found that people generally want to be my friend but I tend to keep my distance as I've found them to be a hassle. But two years in and I hardly have anyone to call a close friend whom I can talk to without restraint.
>>
i've been studying goddam jellyfish bodies for the past 5 hours, I know everything about the fuckers and I know for sure i'm gonna write everything wrong on the exam
>>
File: chicago law.jpg (2MB, 4173x2753px) Image search: [Google]
chicago law.jpg
2MB, 4173x2753px
Any law schoolfags ITT?

Is it just a meme outside of T14?
>>
>>35903841
>I am intelligent
>Incapable of making a reasonable schedule
>>
Hooked my belt around my doorknob and my neck and sat. Pussied out and stood back up just before I lost consciousness. I was so close, then I remembered that my little brother's birthday is tomorrow. Poor kid. Would have ruined him for life.
>>
>>35878413
Last day to decide if I want to withdraw from my three subjects, in two of them have missed assignments worth 10% of unit mark already.
>should I?
>>
File: 2646342356.jpg (145KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
2646342356.jpg
145KB, 750x745px
>skipped nearly the whole week of uni
>did shit I wanted to do
>remember that I have to go back and I start feeling down
>remember that I couldn't access a midterm for a class and any hope for me passing is near zero so I have to drop it and feel even worse

Fuck this.
>>
>>35914804

It depends on what you want. If you want to a bit shit, you gotta go to a T14. But you can make a good career if you don't , ONLY if you factor in the local area. non-T14 schools are basically local industries. This is great if you're in NYC, Chicago, or other big cities.
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 485x284px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 485x284px
>live in dorms for two semesters, first year of college
>roomies get high and inevitably get me high once
>greatest thing ever, this is what life should be
>get unbelievably high every day to escape responsibilities
>realize where I'm at will only lead to disaster
>upon realizing, parents find out I'm fucking up
>literally have my dad call me while I'm high and breakdown on the phone
>every single class is D or below.
>student loans
>last semester I dropped a class and made it through with C's and B's
>I can drop two more classes but I will inevitably fail the other two after contacting the professors and trying to work out extra credit
>parents think I can pass some classes still
>say they're still proud, but I can tell they fucking hate me
>I fucking hate me
>called suicide hotline and the guy didn't know what to say

At this point, I've completely dug myself into the ground. There's no way out, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>35915065
I'm but a junior right now, tentatively considering law school due to not knowing what I want to do past my bachelor's. My GPA is about 3.8 and but I've never even so much as glanced at a LSAT practice test, so I suppose that would be the potential barrier for getting into a good school.
>>
>>35914348
calc 2 is a universal weeder class so no surprise there
>>
>>35878413
>hate school but get pressured to go to uni anyway
>find schoolwork too fucking boring to get through, need to take adderall to do it
>constantly think about taking my life
>this year get benzos, still suicidal and hate school but procrastinate a little less due to less anxiety
>benzos arent prescribed so have to buy online, always end up running out and withdrawing
>ran out on saturday, took stupidly high doses and wasted my benzos because i was dealing with imsonia and stress and they werent helping
>5 assignments due tomorrow morning, haven't started because im too fucking anxious
>finally working up the courage to kill myself to not deal with exams and assignment bullshit
>>
File: 1418.gif (769KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1418.gif
769KB, 320x180px
>>35915109
>I went to college and got high and got a D in one of my classes now my parents are disappointed
So like everyone else here?
>>
>>35915109
why cant you fucks just attend community college.2 YEARS OF COLLEGE LITERALLY ALMOST FREE.and you niggers just pass it up.git got nig nog
>>
>>35911615
For what field anon?
>>
I'm thinking of dropping out desu. I was not expecting my major to be fun and exciting all the way through, obviously there are boring parts and extremely difficult parts, but I don't think it's what I want. Dropping out of uni to do an apprenticeship seems like a huge waste of potential but I honestly just want some money and independence. I hate being stuck here at uni , poor with little to no disposable income, being forced to do these arbitrary projects and problem sheets every week.
>>
File: Procedural generation.jpg (83KB, 639x545px) Image search: [Google]
Procedural generation.jpg
83KB, 639x545px
>>35878413
I started taking online courses from Southern New Hampshire University for an English bachelor's degree program at the end of last year, and it's pretty easy-going so far, but I'm living at home with my parents and don't get any opportunities to even fail at social interaction. Considering maybe transferring to Florida State University. But it's hard to judge whether or not I'd regret the decision.

I have a good-looking face, but I'm a manlet, about to turn 21. Really want to lose my virginity and fuck a girl's big tits (the selection of escorts here is small even if I wanted to go that route) before I regret everything by the time I'm 30. Part of me thinks attending a physical college will motivate me to restore social confidence, as I've learned many lessons from high school. But I don't know.

I'm also wondering if I should stick with my English major (supposed to help my backup plan as an English teacher in America and abroad), or switch to something directly related to my core passion as a writer/director of books and movies. I was always led to believe that attending college for something arts-related is a dumb idea. However, those are still four years where you're potentially honing your skills and getting even better. Tough call. I should've put careful thought into my choice when I enrolled online, but my parents pressured me to do something.
>>
File: 1460816668950.jpg (80KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
1460816668950.jpg
80KB, 692x577px
>tfw don't start classes until noon
>work in the evenings
>in a rubberbanding cycle of slowly staying up later until I'm waking up moments before class then slowly going to sleep earlier so I wake up in plenty of time
I've been doing this for over a year now. Is this hell?
>>
>>35911670
>Most programmers are self taught and can do the jobs just fine.
It's not about being just a programmer though, places are getting more and more picky as the market becomes saturated and starting to throw out applications that don't have a degree regardless of portfolio or in some cases using lack of a degree as an arbitrary reason to pay people lower.

t. richfag who's parents own a software company, I hear about this shit all the time
>>
File: 1489455308065.jpg (146KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489455308065.jpg
146KB, 1024x768px
>got all As last semester
>no idea what's happening this semester, probably going to fail most of my classes
>got arrested for some bullshit, constantly stressed about that
>running out of money, too busy to get a job
>no friends; never kissed a girl

make it stop
>>
>>35916392
No matter what your major is, you can always teach english abroad as a backup. If you are a native english speaker and have a college degree in anything then you are qualified. So if there is a major you'd rather do, don't stick with english just so that you can be a teacher.
>>
Who /latin/ here?
>Tfw had to take a second language but didn't want to do the normie spanish/german/etc.
>>
>>35916447
>rich robot

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK OFF PARADOXICAL BITCH.
>>
>>35915893
are they legit benzos or RCs?
>>
>>35916864
>FUCK OFF PARADOXICAL BITCH.
I grew up poor as shit though anon, I only got money in the last few years when my mother married her current rich asshole husband, who only has money because he got in on tech early and aside from paying for my uni I get none of it, I'm actually a minimum wagecuck to pay my rent
>>
>2 semesters to go
>still kissless
>still no gf

I don't know what I'm going to do in the real world. At least until now I've been able to say that I've been putting the time and effort into my grades. After graduation, what is there?
>>
>very successful year academically
>skin clears up, lose weight, start taking better care of my hair/nails/etc.
>very sociable and people generally like me
>still never get asked out

what exactly am i doing wrong?
>>
>>35917185
being a male. The fish don't jump right into yer net anon, you gotta catch em first >;D
>>
>>35917169
grad school
>>
File: 1489032991897.jpg (46KB, 375x592px) Image search: [Google]
1489032991897.jpg
46KB, 375x592px
>sitting in study lounge
>group of 4 normies come in and start loudly talking about dumb shit and screaming at the top of their lungs

GET THE FUCK OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT LEAVE GET THE FUCK OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35917542
Can't afford it grad school
>>
>>35886909
>I support traitors and a huge sperg

you did this to yourself
>>
>tfw in order to survive I decided to cheat
I have zero regrets
>>
File: 1444944915320.png (227KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444944915320.png
227KB, 500x600px
>>35916055
In Engineering/Technology.
>>
I live with a fucking morbidly obese manchild who actually leaves his adult diapers all over the floor along with dirty clothes and stuffed animals, not to mention he never does dishes, he is always screaming into his phone at some bitch on skype. He cries everynight until like 2 AM and autistically screeches when I try and confront him. Fucking awful. I can't wait to leave.
>>
Am I the only one who just can't fucking make friends?

>be me in uni for 4 years
>try to approach a group of 5 people who look nice enough who are eating lunch and laughing
>approach the QT girl with marilyn manson shirt and say "What up, mind if I join y'all?"
>they all look at me weird and continue talking amongst eachother
>I try and sit down with them and they stop talking
>I get up quickly and say "s-sorry uh...better go anyway I have a lunch d-d-date"
>>
>>35917931
I used to be like this.
I was alwayd trying to make friends, but everything was awkward and forced as fuck. Then I started befriending girls, and now all my friends are girls.

Maybe I should just get out of the closet
>>
>>35917931
Ur autistic m8

I joined a fraternity, so I have plenty of friends.
Join a group on campus, and don't be a re-re
>>
File: 1485398881798.jpg (180KB, 638x778px) Image search: [Google]
1485398881798.jpg
180KB, 638x778px
>>35916715
I figured that an English degree would make me more credible/appealing/competitive, but you're right. I'll have to think this over during the weekend.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>35918041
Still haven't gotten laid if your still here, I imagine.

At least you have drinking buddies
>>
>>35918106
>tfw don't know how to make sexual advances on girls
>>
>>35918183
In the same position, cyborgbro
>>
>>35918041

I'm not into any groups, motherfucker. And how am I an autist? Because I try and get friends and they reject me? How is that my fault? I'm friendly, look and dress professional, suit and all. Fuck off.
>>
>Math major, grades are mediocre at best.
>Dropped one course still taking four others
>Can hopefully graduate next May if I don't fail anything and take two classes a semester.
>Last two exams didn't go as poorly as expected, so good news there.
>Last gf left me abruptly, probably cheating will never admit it, now knocked up. Still plagues me a little
>Live at home with parents, been back for 7 months
>Did it to save money and take more courses at a time
>Living here is awful for my state of mind
>Decent work history, went back to get BS 3 years ago, wondering why I didn't go for a trade instead. Could have skill and decent work.
>Applying to every office job I can find so I can get out of here
>Have some good friends, no decent gf prospects though
>Just turned 29, if I can't turn this shit of a life I built around this summer, I'll call it a wash and probably just be broke and homeless
>Wake up most days wanting to end it but staying hopeful
Keep working boys, brighter days are potentially right over the horizon.
>>
>>35918290
>awkwardly approach group of strangers that you have no common interests with
>Ask to sit with them
>You sperg out and fuck off
>>
>>35878413
My friend just redpilled the shit out of me and now I feel like shit.

I was talking about how I was excited that my schedule next semester worked out so I have no classes on Tuesday. Asks me why I don't participated in an extra curricular like a major related project or something. my immediate thought was I'm not interested, but then I started thinking about how fucked I am. In STEM and not interested in doing something related to my major, what the fuck am I supposed to do when I graduate. I've never felt like dropping out more then I do right now bots. I just figured It would all workout, but now that I actually sit down and think about it I'm fucked. I have liked my major specific classes so far, but some part of me just can't imagine myself working some engineering job. I can't even see myself graduating college, I have no idea what the fuck I'm going to do. I need something, anything to take me away from my shitty future. I'd rather Trump start WW3 and I get drafted.
>>
>>35918335

How else can I make friends? I already tried approaching the other guys wearing suits but they told me to bugger off.
>>
>Canada
>graduate civil engineering
>literally no one will hire me
>actually have somewhat decent experience too as every summer I worked with an engineering company

The NEET life chose me. Im just going to blow my savings and suicide.
>>
File: 1410883036582.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1410883036582.gif
2MB, 200x150px
I posted a couple of days back about how I failed my thermodynamics exam and how I'll have to drop the class. Well I have great news
>friends tell me that professor is nice and that she may change the grading scale so I can pass
>speak with her during office hours and asks why did I fail when I got a near perfect score on the previous exam
>lie through my teeth and say that I was taking care of my sister and helping my family with installing appliances
>let's me retake the exam during finals week
Good feel guys, I'm not gonna fail
>>
>>35878467

fell in love with chad?

are you fem or fag?
>>
File: Walker.jpg (93KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Walker.jpg
93KB, 658x370px
>tfw still have another semester to go after this one
>just want to be done so I can not get a job and do nothing
>>
>>35879890
>>35893954

to the guy with the flowers: christ man why not just ask her out to coffee after class? Now that we've helped you learn this lesson the least you can do for us is post that poem.
>>
>>35879890

I actually bought a bunch of flowers, wrote a poem and wore a suit to college to give to a girl...she then rejected me and called it "cute" Oh man I ran even out of there after that and dropped out. Can't stop cringing thinking about it.

The poem was so bad too. I remember something about wanting to share milkshakes with her and smell her hair...fuck I was awkward
>>
>>35895988
my ex of 7 years ago and my cousin both went to SLO and they loved it. Ex was a aerospace engineer, cousin was accounting. It's a polytechnic so their STEM majors are more difficult but definitely highly respected. Beautiful weather, beautiful countryside, beautiful beaches.
>>
Who here /understandingnothing/?

>be me
>final year engineering
>almost everything is beyond me
>i make do on assignments by leeching off my group mates and acquaintances
>i make do on tests (read: 50-60%) by cramming for days trying to remember specific problems
>can focus on lectures for about 10m before my attention span snaps

What the fuck do i do?
>>
>>35915021
iktf
>tried to smother self with plastic bag
>started to hurt from suffocation
>started to hurt really bad
>can't take it and rip the bag off
>look it up later
>for CO2 death the bag should be the size of a trashbag and you'll have an hour or more of consciousness for it to be painless.

Next time I'll try the razor.
>>
One of the main reasons I moved away from my hometown was to go to a different university a sizeable distance away in order to escape the relationship I was in. The person I was with at the time had a really bad upbringing and lived in a really shitty environment. I thought it'd be noble of me to be the "shining light" in her life and to "rescue" her in a way. That was my first mistake. Little 20 year old me thought that I could do some good in the world and be the angel of somebody's life and be their father, best friend, brother, and boyfriend all in one. Well it all backfired on me. I'm not going to talk about any of the specifics, but just take my word for it. Use your imagination - you'll probably have a feeling of what I'm hiding. I didn't have it in me to just say "You are not my responsibility. I do not have to care about you. I do not have to worry about you as much as I do. Get out of my life, you are not doing me any good by being in it." If I had said that earlier on things would've been a lot different. I would've been happier, yes, and I wouldn't have to live with a chip on my shoulder from the fallout that came from the way we separated.

I was so happy, the happiest I have ever been in my life to have escaped that relationship, and to escape that town. Now I'm with people I enjoy being around, catching the interest of multiple girls all while having a girlfriend who's okay with me "having fun" I'm a 5'9" chink and she's a 5'10" white thicc gyal . Despite having assignments and tests thrown at me from every direction and barely surviving it all 2.4 GPA lmao , I constantly remind myself that I've been dreaming of being where I am right now. I'd long for the ability to have this amount of stress and opportunity. What's more is that I've made peace with the fact that being in school doesn't make me happy or spiritually fulfill me.
>>
>>35919869
I have found a goal that with due perseverance and effort will make me happy. If you're wondering, I'm gonna make my way into aviation.

University has made me a better person.
>>
>>35918425
We obviously don't have the answer to that question, but we do have countless methods that do not work.
>>
I got accepted to the MPA programs at both University of Texas and Texas A&M as non-resident. Texas A&M is offering me a ton of shekels that will leave me with a relatively small amount of debt after graduation while I got nothing from University of Texas. Despite this fact, I'm still incredibly tempted to go to UT just because I know LBJ is better respected than Bush and I get the feeling that I'll regret not choosing UT if I go to A&M.

I know it's crazy and incredibly stupid because there's no real basis for it, but I suppose my urge to self-destruct and leave myself in debt for life is taking over. Any other robots in a similar situation?
>>
>>35918474

oh man where you at?
>>
>get a 39 on the first midterm in Math Calculus I
>get an 82 on the second midterm
>get a 80 on the cumulative final
>pass class with C

I thought I was so fucked
>>
>>35906277
it's not sarcasm

t. business student who doesn't even like business and has no balls to study literature which is what he really wants to do
>>
>>35918425
join a fucking group you dumbass
then you have a reason to be friends
approaching strangers who are already in a group don't get you friends, this isn't a bar

>look and dress professional, suit and all
is this bait?
>>
>>35920008
Not in a similar scenario but if i was you I would first look at employment rates for both universities (people in your program), how long it takes them to get those jobs and the average starting salary. I'm pretty sure colleges publish those. Also respect only matters for your first job and with a masters there is a good chance that you will get a job. If there is some sort of pay discrepancy this is probably where it will be. If the discrepancy isn't very big then I would take the free college. imo i would go for AM if it is within a 50% range of UT.
>>
>>35891670
How'd it go anon?
origami French toast
>>
>>35921053
It's hard to say. A&M is more forthright with career outcomes while UT is more forthright with salary. Another factor that complicates this somewhat is the fact that I intend on getting into academia at some point and I imagine that the master's from UT would give me a slight leg up.
>>
>>35887148
that other anon (>>35887246 >>35887641) is completely brain-dead, don't listen to him. business degrees are literally meme-tier, they're over-saturated with little job prospects

english is fine if you plan on being a teacher
>>
>>35919761
Me. I'm on my 4th yr of Computer Engineering and the best """engineering""" crap I could do is copy someone elses schematic of an electronic device and make whatever that shit is. I could never create my own schematic nor do I have any understanding of how and why a transistor or w/e is supposed to be there and such.

I think I'm more cut out to be a technician rather than an engineer.
>>
>in electrical engineering

>realize I dont find it that interesting to want a job in it but Im 3 gesrs in and its too late to go back

>haven't done an internship because I feel that Im wont ever get one due to feeling unqualified for it

>job prospects arent too good right now so I either go for a masters in something else like math or physics or I pray I get an internship with a possibility of being trained which is unlikely

>dont know what the fuck Im gonna do when I graduate

Any advice?
>>
>>35921493
Firstly, drop that fucking reddit spacing.
>>
>>35921504
Im on my phone. I cant type well in this small text box without spacing my sentences.
>>
>in my first semester of cc after 3 years out of highschool
>classes aren't too difficult, have As in all classes so far
>social anxiety is making me fuck up socially though
h8 being a softspoken autist fuck
>>
File: 1478137571119.jpg (63KB, 574x637px) Image search: [Google]
1478137571119.jpg
63KB, 574x637px
>move from rural area to city
>Fucking hate living in the city.
>to many people, to loud
>move back home during the summer for a job
>love the country now
>go four wheeling / fishing / canoeing during the weekends
>now back at the city
>now realize all I want is a comfy life in the country
>will have to live in the city for my job
>>
File: DROPIT.jpg (13KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
DROPIT.jpg
13KB, 300x222px
I am good at my degree but feel absolutely no passion for it.

I have 30% attendance, skip all my tutorial classes and still averaged 77% last semester(UK).

It feels like there is a war raging inside me, I hate this meme math degree.

Wish I did physics, but I'd be too lazy for it anyway. I managed to get 40% attendance in 6th form.

Why am I such a lazy fuck, eventually I won't be able to wing it and that day is soon a'comin.

Is it feasible to drop out of your degree and go into clearing? Or is there an obstacle in the way?
>>
File: 402jYoH.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
402jYoH.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>35878413
>have a fucking Math test at 9 on a Saturday
>mfw
>>
Was easily accepted into the global department of some no-name slightly competent Japanese university. Super easy with my only problem being the people in my company and sometimes the daily grind. In my 2nd year and practically my only reasons to stay are because of this girl I like and obligations. Thought uni Japan would be way better than high school but I guess the Ride Never Ends.
>>
File: 1467507313043.jpg (78KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1467507313043.jpg
78KB, 1024x576px
>jap teacher tells us no one gets a 100 in her class ever
>do quizzes where I get everything right but still fail because she'll start taking off for handwriting
>realize if I intentionally get at least 1 question wrong she won't take off for spelling since she doesn't have to knock me down from a 100
>>
>>35924582
>Thought uni Japan would be way better than high school but I guess the Ride Never Ends

Why would you ever think this?
>>
Might not be the place but fuck it I need to get it off my chest
>been told my whole life that I need to go to college to be successful
>don't really think it's for me but go anyway because it's what my parents want
>in my second semester haven't made a single friend
>skip classes because Im scared off being alone and the pressure of people all around me have friends while I'm all alone
>don't even understand what my degree is or how to get a job after
>grades start slipping and I realize that I won't be able to afford to keep going next year
>decide I have to talk to my parents about this
>going home in an hour to talk to them

I don't want to be a neet I just want friends, a job, and a happy life. Someone who doesn't make my parents regret my birth.
>>
>joined a national honor society
>now I have to keep my GPA up

Kill me please...
>>
>>35923444
I feel you mate

My entire life has been me coasting with the minimum effort possible

It'll catch up to be eventually
>>
>>35878413
im okay in the grades department and qts have asked me to help them, but other than that im literally alone. I go to school, come home and sleep. At first i used i tried talking to people like when they were my partner in lab and shit but after the class finishes they just ignore me even though i just usually wave hi from afar.

But worst of all was when this girl was really nice to me in physics and asked me questions and shit and asked me to become fb friends with her. Afterwards, i literally caught her intentionally avoiding me. I bet she's gonna block me in a week.
>>
New bread soon?
>>
>>35888702
If you're not one to procastinate then don't worry lad. If you're studying something that you're good at (not math in your case I guess) just go to class and study a bit everyday.
>>
>it's orientation today for transfer students
>sitting in corner alone
>scared shitless

HELP
>>
File: 1467112758592.jpg (78KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467112758592.jpg
78KB, 720x720px
>>35926484
>tfw my uni's orientation was a 4 day long summer camp type shit where they locked us in the dorms and made us play games then do a campus tour scavenger hunt
>nearly dropped out instantly because of the anxiety
>got lucky and group leader changed mid day and the new one let us opt out
>>
>4.0 GPA
>Just got scholarship which makes my cost of attendance zero
>Hate the school and plan on transferring
Should I throw away my full ride?
>>
>>35926126
You're basing way too much of your self worth and self likeness on other people thoughts of you.

If you don't like yourself how do you expect other people to like you and be around you?
>>
>>35926683
>If you don't like yourself how do you expect other people to like you and be around you?
take your normie advice to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>35926624
You're retarded

Stay there and get a CS degree
>>
>>35926624
Why do you hate the school though? If it isn't that tough then just stay in it.
>>
>>35926724
Why would I switch to CS? I'm in Aeroeng right now. Comparable salaries but I have an interest in Aeroeng.
The way I see it is if I transfer to a school I like I'll spend a bit of money and hate existence a bit less.
>>
>>35926786
stay and finish nig nog..its FREE college. do you know how rare that is nigger
>>
>>35926624
You'll hate the other place too, maybe less, but is the tradeoff worth it?
>>
>>35926717
Not the guy but you seem a little bit flustered at someone for just giving advice
>>
>>35926786
Don't do it faggot, you don't want student debt
>>
>>35926808
This is such a good reason. I'm using credit to pay my way through school and if I finish in the expected time I'm gonna be ~30k usd in debt before even starting my first job.

Free college is such a plus.
>>
>>35926785
The food is bad to the point where it makes students sick.
The weather is awful. It's very cold and overcast 80% of the time.
The rest of the student population is kind of dumb. There are smart people, but it's surprising how most of the people around me are below-average intelligence.
>>35926801
Is it really that rare? I have several friends paying nothing for their education.
>>35926805
This is my greatest fear. It might be that I just hate the concept/experience of college,
>>35926850
>>35926808
Definitely an argument against it. It would be liberating entering the workforce with savings instead of debt
>>
>>35926807
Because he may as well of posted jus b urself
>>
I have a physics test on Monday fuck me I don't want to study.

I'm just gonna watch physics videos and hope for the best.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170330_231540.png (52KB, 436x276px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170330_231540.png
52KB, 436x276px
>>35878413
Just failed my first class. Barely passed another. Just fuck my shit up senpai. Granted I was under some inordinate amount of stress this quarter because our landlady wanted to kick us out and having the cops called on us twice for apparently stealing from another tenant. Of course the police never paid head to the other tenant's claims because: 1) she never had any proof and 2) the stuff she claimed was being stolen were innocuous items like clothing and food. But the landlady wanted us out if something like that happened again. I told her it was pretty ridiculous to kick us out for the shenanigans of another tenant and so she rescinded her threat but she then used her lazy druggy younger brother as a reason ("He might be a threat to you guys and I don't want you to be hurt.") to kick us out. When that wasn't enough she's making it hard living here by cutting off our internet access (even though I paid half of what we agreed on) and charging us fees for having my car on the driveway (which was never an issue before and she gave us right to do). It would be so much easier if we could just move but due to previous circumstances and my parents lack of financial education make it hard to be able to find a place to move to. JUST.
>>
>>35914318

It is disrespectful you fucking nonce - esp if they're good teachers.

I always gave them their honorific and now that I've dropped out because I want to shitpost on my humanities subject rather than drill into it to the Nth' academic degree two of my professors said they're totally fine with me carrying on a conversation with them OUTSIDE of university.

Maybe you could also talk to people for free who were previously charging you nine grand for the priviledge if you showed a modicum of respect.
>>
>>35914318
What the fuck kind of teacher is that lol
>>
File: galio chin.png (106KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
galio chin.png
106KB, 350x319px
>zoology test
>the test is literally a random question from 12 that the teacher send us by e-mail
>just one fucking question
>downy girl is caught cheating and starts the retard scream by gritting fists and teeth while becoming increasingly red
can't wait until the semester is over so she will drop over
>>
>>35927740
It's a fucking TA, probably a grad student. Most of our TAs ask us to call them by their first name.
>>
>>35926902
>Shit food, always cold and overcast
Let me guess. Britain?
>>
>20 years old
>second semester of college
>just trying it out, no interest in staying
>barely passed the first semester
>not even going to classes this semester, no hot girls in my classes
>been with some girls that are "aite"
>all I want to do before I leave is get with at least one genuine hottie
>>
File: kek.gif (2MB, 268x250px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2MB, 268x250px
>>35915996
Because I live in a socialist hellhole where going to University is practically free, also I'm doing great and have almost ZERO problemos.
>>
>>35928346
Nope. Upstate New York. Britain probably has worse food and worse weather, but it's also significantly warmer there.
>>
>>35928740
If your school covers your meal plan, then just don't eat there. Buy food from the grocery store, I live off of trader joes and all I have is a microwave, no stove or toaster oven. If you have to pay for your meal plan, if you can hold out past freshman year, then you could try to move into a dorm where meal plans aren't required, if they have that at your school.
Either way, you can still eat better and pay less for your education if you have a grocery store nearby.
>>
Well lads this is it I probably just failed out of my major for a second time despite constantly studying and going to extra sessions. I get the results back on monday and if I failed even close to as bad as I think I did I'm just gonna fucking kill myself. What a waste of time this fucking life has been.
>>
File: 1490204091430.jpg (17KB, 590x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490204091430.jpg
17KB, 590x300px
Who else here too autistic to get a real computer science degree so you're on an applied computing course instead?
>>
>"my grades went to shit so I dropped out"

>"college is such a waste of time I didnt learn anything!"

Of course it was a waste of time; your subhuman brainlet ass cant handle it lmao
>>
Probably just got a perfect score on a thermo test after reading the chapters for the first time last night. Sometimes we get lucky guys.
>>
>>35878413
i dropped calculus yesterday OP, being a woman in STEM is difficult when youre socially retarded but somehow managing a neuroscience and computer science degree at the same time
>tfw ywn be alpha male computer scientist at the google
>>
>>35929587
that being said i go to school in boston and if youre here please be friends with me anon im dying of the loneliness
>>
>>35927740
I'm a TA and that's bullshit. Your education is my job, and you are my customer. If anything, I should be calling YOU sir. I've also found that being casual with the students will make them more likely to ask questions or come for help when they don't understand. It improves communication. Fuck off.
>>
>culinary students prepare amazing meals weekly for a small fee
>have to make a reservation for one every week
>everyone else in in groups of 2-4

YAMEROOO
>>
File: 1462858079895.jpg (39KB, 590x654px) Image search: [Google]
1462858079895.jpg
39KB, 590x654px
>tfw math major and can't into linear algebra
I just don't get it
>>
my roommate keeps leaving his shitty adult diapers everywhere, whatdo? he wont clean up
>>
>Spring break for university
>Decide to come up for a day to practice drums in one of the practice rooms
>Get there at around 6 in the morning, literally the entire music department is empty except for me
>No witnesses
>Go full hikki for a day in the practice room
>Barefoot to let my socks dry from the rain, sit a small meal in the corner for lunch/dinner, I've got internet, vidya and a drumset
>I can enjoy 12 whole hours of comfy living/practicing alone, true bliss
>Out of nowhere in the middle of a rep, hear knocking on the door's window
>Open the door nervously
>It's someone from the studio
>Someone in my studio witnessed me turning the practice room into an apartment
>Plus the place probably smelled because barefeet and practicing drums
The day's still great and I have no regrets, but being found/judged makes it a 9/10 instead of a perfect 10
>>
>>35930008
pick them up and leave them on his pillow
>>
>>35930118

He'd sperg out and call me a meanie if I did that though. He's one of those "adult babies" and he refuses to act normal...he even goes up to other girls and asks for them to change him. *shudder* i am leaving this room soon. he refuses to clean or do anything but cry and make messes.
>>
>>35879322
you seem like you're annoying
>>
>>35885460
Keep it up anon, i'm in the same boat as you.
>went in with psych major after always been told do what you like
>realized start of sophomore year that its a meme degree
>trying to switch into STEM

My worries is that my GPA wont be high enough to be accepted in the field I want and i'll have wasted my parents money for the last two years. I feel like I had been wasting my time here if I dont get into the program, yet my parents have always been pushing me for college and its sort of this stigma in my family to go. If I drop out now ill never live it down.
>I feel like I'm working away from my biggest fears rather than towards my goals
pretty much describes me

I've never been really good at math based things. though they do interest me slightly. Realistically speaking all I want in life is a well paying job so I can pay back my parents who have been incredibly supportive of me all throughout my life. I could give a rats ass if I ever find a QT or have a nice place. All I need is an apartment, computer, kitchen and im good to go for the rest of my life.
>>
>>35929898
how do you even get into a fucking math program without having been exposed to some linear algebra?
>>
>skipped class
>there was an exam
haaah
>>
>>35905780
Make up for it in the finals anon and don't skip out this time
>>
File: 1411687419195.png (55KB, 252x221px) Image search: [Google]
1411687419195.png
55KB, 252x221px
>hopefully last semester at CC
>want to transfer to local university for Electrical Engineering
>need to pass Calc III and physics II and I can transfer
>currently passing physics II with a B
>failing Calc III
>only have 1 test in the class though
>next text is tuesday and I'm about to start the review tonight
Man I fucking hate math with no purpose. And I have to take differential equations in the summer.
>>
>>35913503
Yes. Just don't fuck around and you will be fine. I never studied in high school and got fucked hard the semester when I had to take physics I and Calc 2. Currently on year 3 but I'm practically a a sophomore
>>
>>35928739
>>35915996
Loans aren't free man. I basically did the same as you are doing right now. I went to community college though. Now I'm finally getting my shit together to transfer to a university.
>>
>>35926567
Why do American Unis/Colleges have stuff like this? I don't get why they coddle you so much over there that's the sort of thing I'd expect first day of high school or something

All these "campus" rules and being best friends with "professors" and have everything so centralized, hard to take seriously
>>
>>35878413
I found a work, 6 hours a day, lectures 6 hours a day too.
I still hold on with everything, but it's too hard. I study from 7.30 am to 15 pm, then i work from 19 to 24.
Shitpost and vydia till 4 am.
Repeat.
I think I'll die from lack of sleep or my heart will explode due to the insane amount of RedBull I drink
>>
Going to graduate this year

Absolutely terrified
>>
>>35935037
tell me anon, what's next for you?
>>
>>35935049
I have no clue.

Thinking I might just travel for a month since I've never been abroad in 7 years
>>
>>35935092
Travel is fun, I'm booking an Amtrak from dc to Seattle right now so I can go home from uni. Trying to find a cool small town to visit along the way, maybe in North Dakota
>>
Any Monash-bots?
>>
>>35933486
physics I is a breeze but fucking calc 2 is a beast in my school wtf
>>
>on pace to fail my 2nd class in 2 years
>didnt even declare major yet
>didn't even take prereqs for major
Fuck my life, I'm planning to take a semester off and reevaluate this shit. Hopefully I can become a wagie and build a work ethic, but I'm scared that it will just make me a NEET though.
>>
>>35935838
what degree?
oregerenanonocumberbactch
>>
>>35936067
I don't even know. Wanted to fall for the STEM meme but I suck math's dick harder than a pornstar.

I feel like I'm at a dead end.
>>
File: IMG_1186.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1186.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Attending UIUC. Ibve always felt guilty because I'm Hispanic and I almost have a full ride when I have the same test scores as my friends who get no money. I've got a good gpa in mechanical engineering and I play piano two hours a day. Also I've only spoken to another person once today which is pretty usual.
>>
>>35925404
Lived in a shitty city back then with nearly everyone being disgusting. when graduation came my only goal was to get my diploma and leave. Hated being around the nostalgic fags. mid-summer moved to Japan and next thing I know I'm grouped in school with the same type of disgusting people I hated back in my old city. At this rate, I just want a decent part-time job here and a girlfriend.
>>
File: 1475963927377.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475963927377.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>35934091
>"campus" rules and being best friends with "professors"
I have no idea what sort of memes you've been reading but I have literally never heard of anyone being friends with their professors. Having a professional relationship and keeping contact to get rec letters yes, friends no. As for the orientation thing the literal point was to get people to stop being so shy and isolated/robotish since especially at my uni a lot of people come from the middle of fucking nowhere and have a bit of culture shock and then after first year most people move out and start commuting which makes it hard to meet people if you don't establish connections first year like me and now I'm literally going to be alone forever because making friends at this shithole is impossible
>>
>>35895349
There's this one girl I saw in polisci who literally had WE WUZ KANGS tattoos (black Egyptians, not the actual /pol/ meme) on her back
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 132

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.