[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't focus and I can't learn

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1489567622953.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1489567622953.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
Whenever I try to get (online) classwork done, I just can't do it. This was the same case in actual school, too. It's not because I'm distracted, necessarily, since I'm not doing anything on the side like checking my phone or browsing the web. I just can't do it, I can't focus. I never retain anything that I read anymore and I always think along the lines of "This is stupid and I don't care, I don't want to do this, here's your stupid fucking answer"

This works okay when it comes to English because it's something I'm good at and that you don't really need to study.

Buut math is a problem because I can't even bring myself to read an entire question. I read the first part and skip to the end, or maybe just read bits and pieces of it. I do this with pretty much every piece of information now. I can't read, I can't focus, I can't learn and I'm just getting dumber and dumber as times goes on.

I haven't learned anything since middle school. Everything in high school went in one ear and out the other. I could never study and I got through by using context to make decent-enough guesses on everything. I can't fucking do it.

Is it because of depression? Do I have ADD? Am I just fucking stupid?
>>
>>35874997

talk to a therapist .

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>35874997
Sounds more like anxiety to me. Like you're afraid of failure so you never invest yourself in what you're doing, so that if it goes badly you can rationalize it away by telling yourself you weren't really trying anyway.

>>35875082
Try this.
>>
>>35874997
I'm tempted to say it's just a lack of motivation (due to depression). Have you learned anything new at all outside of school?
>>
>>35875097
I feel like "you're trying to be anxious so if you fail you were never invested" is a good rationalization but not a really good diagnostic. Nigga either has ADD or depression, he's got it figured out already
>>
>>35875179
Are you suggesting that 'anxiety' is not a condition itself? Because there are a whole slew of anxiety disorders.
>>
I'm the same way. Maaaybe ADD? I was diagnosed but IDK what to tell you because they gave me baby ADD medication while i was in school because underweight and I didn't get actual adderall until i dropped out.
Could be depression too. IDK
>>
>>35874997
Holy shit i can relate so hard
>>
>>35875201
no I'm not saying that anxiety doesn't exist just that this isn't one. His "I'm not good enough" is a reaction to inability not the cause of it imo. It's probably ADD since it is not a newly developed problem.
>>
>>35874997

Clearly your just fucking stupid and a loser.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.