[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many real books gave you read? No harry potter crap included.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1752.jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1752.jpg
62KB, 400x400px
How many real books gave you read? No harry potter crap included.
>>
How are you supposed to remember that?
>>
I finished Blood and Gold last night.

I can be a book worm.
>>
>>35872292
I dont care about the exact number. Is it ten? A hundred? Two hundred..
>>
>>35872281
>How many real books gave you read?
In my life time? Upper 400's probably.
Past 5 years? 200ish.
>>
too many to have a social life clearly
>>
fiction books are for normie plebes. it's like tv or videogames, but via an ancient, outdated medium. if you read books outside of technical literature you're basically a brainlet.
>>35872281
maybe 100 or so max
>>
Do you reread book you like? I read mine 5-10 times. I plan on reading the same 50 books over and over my whole life through
>>
Too many. I've recently picked up reading books I should've read as an early teenager, for example I just read Dune at 24. Right now I'm reading books (reference books count right?) on cultural heritage and preservation.
>>
I remember ONE book that I've read. So 1 I guess.
>>
>>35872691

I like reading books and I only enjoy fiction desu.

I just read all the ones I want and have to wait years in between for sequels.
>>
>>35872281
I've read around two dozen books in my life
>>
>>35872691
>via an ancient, outdated medium
except it's the only medium that will last forever (unless we become fahrenheit 451).
>>
>>35872699

Ya. I will go back and reread a book series.

Reading is comfy.
>>
>>35872730
>text
lel. actions is what has been around forever. letters are just some late fad
>>
>>35872716
Did you like it? Atleast try to read catcher in the rye you lasy fuck
>>
>>35872763
It was okay. I only really read it because it was set in my hometown.
Reading is too slow for me, my retard brain is used to the non-stop action of vydja games, so I think I'll skip, thanks.
>>
>>35872281
Every week I read either a math textbook or a science textbook. They're like 500 pages and I go through quick. In currently on category theory
>>
on my own free will in past 5 years i have probably only read about 3 fiction books front to back
>>
>>35872281
Well I've read a lot of Michael Crichton's books. That's about it for fiction other than the Martian Chronicals and the first Interview with the Vampire and part of The Vampire Lestat. Now, when it comes to scientific or historical texts, I literally don't know. Too many. If we include papers, it's WAY more than I could remember.
>>
>>35872691
Couldn't agree more. I've always known one of the easiest ways to identify a false intellectual is that they love "books", which is just a code for loving fiction bullshit.
>>
>>35872752
>Everyone dies on earth
>Books are still here.
???
>>
>>35872281
Probably 3 tops, depending on what's defined as "good."

1984 counts. The Good Earth is arguable. And then I don't know of anything else.
>>
>>35872874
It's not your brain thats retarded son. You're just not treating it right. Beginning to read is hard.
>>
>>35872281
I'm not much of a reader so it's a small list
>rainbow fish
>alice's adventures in wonderland
>1984
audiobooks
>at the mountains of madness
>roadside picnic
>>
File: 08981007.jpg (6KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
08981007.jpg
6KB, 199x200px
>About 20.
7 this year.
>>
>>35872281
Not including kid's books, nonfiction, and school books? Probably just 20-30.
>>
>>35872691
youre a brainlet if you cant see the value in fiction that facts cant give you.
>>
File: 234908383.png (14KB, 350x361px) Image search: [Google]
234908383.png
14KB, 350x361px
>>35873704
Just finished Brief Interviews
What should I read next?
>>
>>35874281
Nothing on that list. Read celine, journey to the end of the night. Or the castle by kafka. Or anything by hamsun.
>>
>>35872281
too many to count
still a cynical jaded robot
were you trying to prove something or??
>>
>>35872281
not much
too dumb for literature
>>
>>35872281
>How many real books gave you read? No harry potter crap included.
So non fiction then? That's all I read anyway.
I've read maybe around 100 so far, give or take. I used to only play vidya and watch anime, but I've been trying to branch out over the past few years.

I'm currently reading For My Legionaries.
>>
>>35874329
"Celine's vocal support for the Axis powers during the Second World War and his authorship of some offensively anti-Semitic pamphlets"

Nice, thank you anon.
>>
>>35872281
They has pages and words, the harry potter series are real books. Stop being pretentious.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.