[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else is killing themselves while still young?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Growing Older.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Growing Older.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
Watching as you slowly become older is possibly the worst aspect of humanity. There is no denying it. There is a point early in life where you will hit a peak and your body and mind will slowly but surely break down on you. I wish I could've been frozen in time in my late teens but unfortunately that's not the way this ride works.
>>
You're too afraid to venture into an age where countless people before you have gone, and a sizable chunk of those even have enjoyed their continued existence despite all the bodily decay. Your solution to a problem that everybody faces is to not face it and to throw away a good shot at continuing the good thing you've got going.

That is dumb.
>>
>>35871129
I'm not worried about having a shot at some "successful" life. I just can't face losing my youth and it makes me so damn depressed.
>>
How do you define 'youth'? At what point do you consider it lost?
>>
>>35871182
You can be healthy and active for decades past your twenties as long as you aren't some kind of fat bag of garbage. There's a ton of reasons to get depressed but aging is just part of life.
>>
>>35871029
You may live your life, marry, have children, job, carreer, money, health problems, impotence, retirement, disability, death.
Or you could go fight for your country and die like a true hero.
>>
File: 1489835171716.jpg (21KB, 347x316px) Image search: [Google]
1489835171716.jpg
21KB, 347x316px
>>35871511
To be honest I think after about 25 it's gone

>>35871644
I really have no idea why it gets me depressed, I think it's just something I instilled in myself at a pretty young age. I feel like I'm letting my younger self down.

>>35871709
Dying for people who don't care about you doesn't sound very heroic
>>
>>35871886
At 18-20 your body stops gaining height, at 20-21 your voice settles on the timbre you'll use for the rest of your life, at 19 your body will be covered in hair wherever hair needs to cover it.

At 29-30 someone will point out to you that you got a white hair, at 31 your shortness of breath going up a flight of stairs will prompt you to get back to the gym, at 33 you'll lay awake at night doing head math to plan for your retirement.

At 25 you can go to a car rental place and rent a car without anyone making a fuss about things. What else happens at 25 tho?
>>
>>35872028
Not sure what you mean exactly.
>>
>>35872076
What happens at 25 that means your youth is gone?
>>
>>35871886

I am 26. It doesn't go away if you don't let it. However, joining normal society to a degree is required.
>>
>>35872139
>>35872217
I didn't mean exactly at 25, probably once you hit 30 though. Also I should have phrased it differently, I meant more like adolescence instead of youth.
>>
I actually read news story recently that talked of a study that claims people stop think about aging as they get older.

The idea of being old may drive you crazy now, but as you get old, you won't care anymore
>>
>>35872296
I really wish that were true but for the past couple of years I've implanted this mindframe of dying young no matter what.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.