[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 25plus.png (88KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
25plus.png
88KB, 300x300px
25 and over robots report in
>>
I'm like 27 and I work with a bunch of college kids, they all look up to me and I get away with a lot of shit for some reason. Fun times. I was super depressed about being 27, but as time goes by I'm starting to enjoy being old. Young girls like you, the guys look up to you as a role model, you have a pretty good handle on life (well you don't, but better than them), and you've hopefully experienced enough to be familiar with most situations.
>>
>>35870630

Thats the fucking worst feel when you are working jobs that consist of 18 and 19 year olds. I wish I didn't fail school like I do at 26
>>
>trying to start a business
>work 50 hours a week at night
>barely surviving
>the only thing that keeps me going are my dreams
>constant stress anxiety and small panic attacks
>don't even care anymore I push through it
>turning 26 this summer

If I don't make it i will die trying
>>
>>35870694

what type of business are you trying to do? I am curious because I would rather start a business than work for someone at my age
>>
>>35870670

I quit my shitty fast food job about six months back. The main reason was that I had found a much better on-campus job, but a comment one of my coworkers had made about how he had never used a VHS tape played a role.

In ten years kids are going to look at DVD's the way we look at 8 track tapes. Hell, in twenty years we might have to start explaining what physical media was as a concept.
>>
>>35870630

Only low tier retarded high school kids look up to you LOL, anyone worth a shit would realize you're a fucking loser being damn near 30 working with kids. I'm not trying to be a dick because I was the same way at 25, it made me realize I need to get my ass back to college and get a real job before its too late. For example a 24 year old college grad with a good job would know in 30 seconds you're a fucking failure.

Age means nothing, I worked with losers in their 30s, 40s and 50s. I did not look up to them at all, they made me realize what I don't want to be.
>>
>>35870761
>Hell, in twenty years we might have to start explaining what physical media was as a concept.

GOOD!!!

I mean DRM is definitely cancer, but losing access to your media and having to rebuy it because it broke for whatever reason is just as retarded, at least with digital if I ever get locked out I can just pirate it back. But I do miss rewinding tapes with your finger or popping CDs/Cassettes. Or finding the secret menus on DVDs.

At least we got SD cards I guess
>>
>>35870809

I have my own car, my own place, and do what I want, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm working my other job so the low wage one is basically for fun and a little extra cash.
>>
>>35870713
Started a clothing line. I've had some sales, but I don't expect to be profitable for a long time. This shit isn't for the weakhearted. You'll work harder for yourself than you do at your job and there's no guarantees of payoff. You just keep sinking money into prototyping, inventory, packaging, designs, branding and have barely anything to show for it. I love it though and I'm passionate about it. So even if I fail I don't regret it.
>>
>>35870885

women or mens clohing?
>>
I can move out of my parent's house in 2 months. I've already started contacting apartments and HOLY SHIT IT FEELS GREAT
>>
>>35870967

what type of job were you able to get? What degree do you have? I need to know because im 26 at home with mom
>>
>>35870933
Both literally spent the entire day finding a manufacturer for custom packaging that didn't require an order of 25k units. Spent 500 bucks on fucking packaging, you have to be unique and high quality in everyway. On a positive note I've become a savage in photoshop, customizing websites, and building social media accounts.
>>
File: 1490212708631.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490212708631.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
>>35870986

Ya I'm 25. Well I lived with roommates for the past couple years, up till last year when I moved home to save money. I got my EMT cert ( only takes one semester ) and have been doing that, I have no degree. I'll be at my money goal very soon and then I can finally get out of this place.

If you're looking for a job that's relatively easy to get ( in high demand ) and doesn't require much schooling ( only one semester ) and don't mind being paid peanuts, I recommend EMT. It will show you the best and worst sides of humanity and will give you a new understanding/appreciation for life on just about every shift you work. I love it, it's the best job I've ever had. It's not always easy but it is worth it. At least that's how I feel so far.
>>
I have 30yo and just started an accounting degree. My life is pretty simple since I only care about work, study, sleep, eat and drink.
>>
>>35871119

that looks comfy , where you at?
>>
>>35871119

Not him but I have been looking into becoming an EMT for awhile now, I don't know here to start. My local state college offers the course but its always booked solid. Where do you live? I'm in Florida is that a decent state for it? Can you make a career out of being an EMT?
>>
>>35871119
I was an emt-b and that job sucks dick. Dealing with old people and sick people all day for 9 bucks an hour. Not to mention you have to be a people person.
>>
File: 1490212893293.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1490212893293.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>35871154

The pic? I don't know where that came from. I'm in Mississippi, and for EMTs the pay here is actually not great compared to some other states, just have to look it up state by state.

>>35871155

Start with the class. If it's booked solid.. then apply immediately after the class fills, for the next class and you will get it. I have no idea about Florida, but the information is at your fingertips. From my understanding, you go from EMT -> Paramedic ( requires 1.5 years school ) and get a good pay raise from that. From there, I think your ability to work in different areas is broadened but I'm not sure to what extent. Something to research.

FYI, there are a lot of odd people working as EMTs/Paramedics. You might think they're all "macho" type folks but you'd be very wrong. Half the people I work with are complete weebs and this is Mississippi. In Florida or elsewhere I'm sure it's similar.
>>
>>35871240

It's not for everyone. Some days I can seem normal, but many days I am a very quiet person. You definitely don't have to be a people person. You aren't expected to be a face or make small talk. You are only expected to provide care.
>>
Bad thread fbi you wont get my info
>>
>>35870586
reply/spoiler hi
>>
>>35871354

Do you really make $9/hr? I read online they make like 30k a yr but that might be a paramedic.
>>
File: C42DT-xVUAA-9Xw.jpg (47KB, 614x445px) Image search: [Google]
C42DT-xVUAA-9Xw.jpg
47KB, 614x445px
>>35871528

yeah, like I said the pay is horrible. What makes it a living wage is that I work 72 hours a week. That sounds bad, but that's all in one go. I go in, and I stay at the station for 72 hours, after that I'm off for 3-4 days. Not too bad, in my opinion.
>>
I came here in 2011 when I was a 21 year old virgin. It mostly switched from /b/ to /r9k/ because I was tired of seeing cp and gore but the whole lonely virgin community that supported each other was pretty cool too. I've grown up since then. I lost my virginity when I was 21 and I've only gone through one 6 month period since then where I didn't have a gf. I'm finally graduating college in may.

It's kind of sad how all people post about is frogs and normies. Then there are the 19 year old's who tell me to get off "their" board.
>>
>>35870630
>they all look up to me

wew lad. the last thing college kids do is look up to old people working menial jobs
>>
File: Mami-sigh.png (12KB, 264x225px) Image search: [Google]
Mami-sigh.png
12KB, 264x225px
Things suck but at least I have some alcohol to wash the pain away.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.