[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>what job do you have >how bad is it >how do I get it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (277KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 1280x1280px
>what job do you have
>how bad is it
>how do I get it
>>
>>35869186
I've been conditioned to like dogs, cats, hamsters, and other shit like that. But not cows, chickens, sheep, pigs, etc. That's basically it.
>>
Bumping cause im a NEET and want answers too
>>
>Midwife
>It's alright
>Are you female? Are you ok with childbirth?
>>
>>35869186
>what job do you have
take surveys over the phone at call center
>how bad is it
contemplate quitting every 30 minutes every workday for the last 3 years
>how do I get it
you find a telephone survey call center in your area, apply, and when they call you in, they'll have you read from a piece of paper. If you can read clearly enough, it's yours, as long as you pass the background check
It's low standards for a reason. They have to take who they can get because the job is suicide inducing.
>>
>quality control chemist
>I enjoy it
>BS in chemistry or related field with 3+ years lab experience. It's kind of difficult to get a full time gig fresh out of school, but a lot of places hire temporary employees.
>>
>what job do you have
Software engineer.

>how bad is it
Tolerable, since my office is super laid back. Jeans and a hoody everyday. Come in at 10, so no traffic.

>how do I get it
Get a computer science or computer engineering degree from a respectable school. Then be able to hold a conversation during an interview. "Cultural fit" is weighted more heavily than technical ability pretty much everywhere.
>>
>what job do you have
Residential HVAC
>how bad is it
Pretty bad. I make about 35k a year, and get shitty, unending work all summer. But I got a job for 2 years, and am good at it now. So I'm not gonna quit for anything else because the job market is shit.
>how do I get it
Be good at basic math. Be willing to do shitty dirty work in 110F attics, deal with greedy jewish customers who you can't tell to fuck off, angry bosses who will call you a dumbass when you fuck up, be able to be a salesman.

I suck at the salesman part, being a robot. It's still a robot-friendly job. Service techs work alone. Most jobs, I introduce myself, ask what's wrong, then don't have to talk to anyone til the end and give them the bill, and ask em do they want it fixed. Only have to talk to boss and coworkers once a week at meeting.
>>
File: 1334800997525.jpg (418KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1334800997525.jpg
418KB, 1600x1200px
>>35869186

Landlord. I own real estate property. I hired a real estate management company to manage them. I sit on my ass, play guitar and watch pirated japanese cartoon shows most of my days. Each month money about twice what I need to live a comfy life gets deposited in my bank account.

I got that money by selling shit on ebay. I swallowed my pride and worked with my asshole father who no one gets along with for about ten years. He procured products to sell using his years of experience as a purchasing guy, and I sold the shit online using my experience from selling shit online. When business was good, I set money aside and bought real estate instead of iphones or going to fucking europe for vacations or whatever the fuck normie roastie types want you to do.

I may or may not have also worked with a goetic demon to ensure business success.
>>
>>35869599
Oh, didn't answer how do i get it. Some community colleges have a 2 year degree for it. I got one. Some bosses will hire you with no degree and are willing to train you. The job is shitty, and it's hard finding people to do it. Some aren't picky on who they hire.
>>
unarmed security guard
took an 8 hour class, paid 60 for the class and 72 for the guard card, applied to a bunch of jobs as soon as the card came in the mail, and landed one
Job is ok, not great. Certainly can't imagine working at a call center as the other anon said
>>
amazon delivery
ok but don't get a lot of work
apply
>>
File: 1453223256461s.jpg (2KB, 120x125px) Image search: [Google]
1453223256461s.jpg
2KB, 120x125px
>>35869358
>tfw mumbly voice so they wouldn't hire me
>>
>>35869618
That's some H.R. Geiger shirt.
>>
>>35869186
I'm working one job and in the final stages of getting hired for another one.
>what job do you have
McDonald's
>how bad is it
It's fast food, it's exactly what you'd expect. I don't hate it enough to quit though and the hours are flexible if nothing else. My oneitis also works there and I have no motivation to quit while she's still there.
>how do I get it
Just b urself and give the manager a firm handshake. Or stumble into a mass group interview at the right time and place and give an answer the interviewer likes. It's not one on one so you have a much lower chance of spilling your spaghetti.

>what job do you have
Community Service Officer for a campus PD
>how bad is it
I'm still undergoing the background check for it. From what I hear it's a lot like being a security guard except you'll also be interacting with people a lot.
>how do I get it
Go to a university with a police department that happens to have that program. I also knew one of the sergeants there from an internship I was doing and he smoothed over the application and interview process for me considerably.
>>
>>35869618
You're living the dream. I'm trying to live lean to get financially independent like that soon.
>>
Senior Developer
Depends on how much you like spending all day trying to figure out what the fuck 20 year old Perl code was optimized to do and then rewrite it in an inferior language because MUH WEB 2.0
Learn Perl and spend 5 years wanting to hang yourself
>>
>>35869777
>tfw diaphragm and vocal cord issues so it's hard to talk clearly sometimes, especially in socially anxious situations
>tfw incurable mopey resting face
>tfw I can't even get a call center job or any job where I have to deal with people
>have herniated disc arthritis of the back neck deformity and foot issues so I can't get anything in manual labor
>tfw have failed to get NEETbux twice
>tfw sleep apnea has destroyd my concentration and I can't learn to program
I'm only 21. Just end it senpai
also:
>lucky trips
>>
>>35869453
Oh hey this is exactly what I'm trying to do.

The good jobs require good grades, leaving the $17/h, night shift, 3 month contract jobs for scrubs like me. I mean, it makes sense, I'm just bitter.

What was your first chem job? Anything in particular that helped you get it? Pls send help.
>>
>>35869186

>Currently unemployed waiting for school to start. Closest thing to a job I have is trading
>It's alright, though I don't make a lot of money relatively speaking.
>Start reading, deposit money into a broker, and start trading.
>>
File: pbQMNsE.jpg (176KB, 867x760px) Image search: [Google]
pbQMNsE.jpg
176KB, 867x760px
>>35869812

Yeah, working with my high strung, anal father with the explosive temper was very stressful and bad for my health. The fact that he used to get violent with his kids made his temper tantrums all the worse for me to deal with even as an adult. Combine that with the shit from running a small business, and it was a borderline hellish experience for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (248KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248KB, 800x601px
>>35869886
Holy shit why do so many people here have such serious health problems at such a young age? Isn't this supposed to be the prime of your life? What's the deal?
>>
>>35869963
I meant just the image. Made me uncomfortable.
>>
File: 1385585747309.jpg (706KB, 800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1385585747309.jpg
706KB, 800x1300px
>>35870000

It's meant to be a tiny robot girl from a japanese toy line. The actual toy looks like this.
>>
File: 1443141777001.jpg (15KB, 401x387px) Image search: [Google]
1443141777001.jpg
15KB, 401x387px
>>35869901
>isn't taking advantage of the TF2 hat economy
>or steam trading at all
>>
>>35870037

I am still relatively new. Be gentle with me.
>>
>>35869256
i think you misread his post
>>
>>35869186

>HVAC engineer
>It's basically Office Space in real life. The job is kind of boring but the pay is good and many people would consider my job to be a cushy one
>You get it by falling for the STEM meme, getting good enough grades, but not straight A's and being a normie
>>
>>35870037
>>35870059
the economy is in shambles now... everyone moved onto csgo 2-3 years ago... I remember keys rising to 3 ref and people losing their shit... feels bad man
>>
>>35869974
We were never forced to exercise as children and we ate super excessive amounts of ultra processed food that was completely lacking in nutrition, so we developed poorly, fragile and weak as hell. Also, we absorbed tons of xenoestrogens from our food supply, liquid contained in plastic bottles, shampoo, etc that made us weaker and less complete men, both physically and mentally. Also we were drugged and that probably contributed to it.
>isn't this supposed to be the prime of your life
The scary thing is, it probably is. I feel horrible now. If I can't at least retard my deterioration than I might just kill myself.
>>
>>35870117
>>35870037

In all honesty though, I have no idea how this in-game trading stuff you are talking about works. I just did normal trading.
>>
>>35870105
>tfw elevator engineer
>mech E

I feel your pain, sir. I know it well
>>
>>35869186
>graduate student
>not that bad. just gotta do STEM and join the right group where you're not overworked. pay is shit, but hey its a PhD and youre not paying a dime.
>get a bachelors at an ivy and be poor so they cover most of your costs. izi pizi
>>
>>35869186
>>what job do you have
Retail
>>how bad is it
Shit
>>how do I get it
Applied and called back
>>
>>35869186
>IT support for one of the "big four" tech companies
>I'm uncomfortable dealing with people face to face, but otherwise the job is pretty damn good. Solid pay and perks, and the work isn't too hard or stressful.
>Have practical IT experience (I even know some coworkers who don't have degrees), look for programs targeting recent grads, and interview well.
>>
Dishwasher at a local Cafe

It's actually pretty decent. I can just play music from my bluetooth speaker and just kinda work. It's constant and pretty busy, sundays are deadly busy.

I got it because my father had connections.
>>
canuck

biochem bachelor in progress wants to switch to electrical or mechanical engineering

will it be worth it? I'm thinking in the way of being relatively more employable, okay pay, and 9-5 non stressful job here. Or, am I dead wrong?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 188x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 188x266px
>>35870165
>elevator engineer
How the hell did you get that job?
>>
>>35869851
I'm trying to do the same thing. The second I make enough to be financially independent for the rest of my life, I am quitting my job and retiring
>>
>>35870165
...Otis?

Apparently wasn't original
>>
>>35870165

>Engineering in college
You're going to build robots, race cars, airplanes and rocket ships and everything you do in your life will be new, exciting, creative and awesome

>Engineering in real life
This 3-inch-thick book is the building code. This is how they built the last 2000 buildings. Do it that way or you're fired.
>>
>>35870245

Not him but Otis and ThyssenKrupp recruited pretty hard at my university.
>>
>>35869186
Essentially office assistant(Front desk)

It's fine really. It's only 4 hours a day.

On the books of where i work im a volunteer but I'm currently getting paid by a city program that helps "youth" 18-24 get their lives back on track. So look for programs like that in your state/city.
>>
>>35870399
Makes sense. Otis and Thyssen have a lot of employees, since they always need boots on the ground for elevator maintainence. I expect of you live in a city, they probably are big recruiters
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>35869886
Damn.
I wish I could help you out, but no job comes to mind.
Can anyone here recommend a job for this guy?
>>
>>35871169
theoretical physicist my boi
>>
Burger flipper
Idk I'm just numb to life in general these days so work doesn't really make much difference
I applied online, managed not to sperg out in the interview, and was hired
>>
>>35869886
is there a reason that a doctor hasn't been able to help you treat some of this stuff yet m8
>>
>>35869186
>Neet
>Causes you to lose your mind, but physically comfortable minus the muscle atrophy
>get a stem degree and live in a place with no stem jobs
Also if you know of anyone hiring math grads anywhere in the continental U.S. hit me up.
>>
>>35869186
>job
Right now while I'm uni I work part time at my city public works facility in the forestry division. Basically treework
>how bad is it
Not that bad actually, compared to private treework companies we are treated like kings. But in general the work isn't grueling and spend all day outside, which can be a blessing or a curse. The only bad days I've had is when there is nothing to do so they find random shit for you to do like weeding, actually want to kill myself at the thought.
>how get
My summer gig is specifically for college aged students during the summer but the full timers I guess you just apply online or could walk in, no degree required but having a special liscense to drive big ass trucks would help
>>
>People are actually faling for the datamining
thats ok
>posting that stupid picture
Its normal for humans, who are social animals, to only care for other animals who can live in society with them
>>
Communication and multimedia designer/gamedev, both my own companies. There's little work in the design side and as gamedev you make no money until the product is done which takes a good while.
>>
File: 1478820461912.png (412KB, 558x930px) Image search: [Google]
1478820461912.png
412KB, 558x930px
>>35869186
>what job do you have
Line cook at a southeast asian restaurant
>how bad is it
depends on if you actually like cooking. it can be stressful when service is busy, especially if the head chef is pissy that day. but if you enjoy making food and want to learn it's not bad. so basically it sucks for 99% of people
>how do I get it
go in for a working interview, don't fuck up or crack under pressure
>>
>retail
>it's shit, shit schedule, shit pay, shit customers, boring normie coworkers, managers are all dead inside
>apply online through their website
>>
>>35869358
Out of every 10 callers how many would you say cuss you out and freak out?
>>
>>35869887
Not him but I'm also a chemist at a pretty big company. Fresh out of college for 52k salary + 4k bonus. Work 3-4days a week. Most of the time browsing 4chan and watching YouTube videos because night shift work. I went to a pretty good school and published a paper with 3 years of research.
>>
>>35869769
Dude get out while you can. I used to do it. After taxes and vehicle expenses with wear and tear on the car it's just not worth it.
>>
>>35869186
>what job do you have
Sound engineer
>how bad is it
Not bad, i get to watch free concerts, just don't be a retard and protect your ears

You also have to sit through musician who think they know their shit but they really don't and really shitty bands
>how do I get it
Study sound engineering, have some contacts in venues (I made them from my teenage years because i watched a shit ton of gigs)
>>
>what job do you have
NEET
>how bad is it
meh
>how do I get it
by not getting a job

srsly even a summer job would be nice but fuck it, I even sent applications to other cities because I'm not picky but all I got was automated email replies
>>
Worked as a merchandiser(a.k.a. bring the goods on the shelf from the stock in the supermarkets)
Was paid about 500$/month which is about average wage in whole Russia.
It's still too much for me cause I don't drink, smoke, or party or whatever. I just came home from the day of work and played doto2 or japanese powerpoint erogames.

Now I'm NEETing with a 3 month wage savings and thinking about translating japanese powerpoint ero games for life.
>>
>>35873107
Do a season or two of trail work, helps to get your foot in the door for firefighting which is a pretty good summer job if you don't mind long hours and hard work for a few weeks or months.
>>
>>35869618
>I may or may not have also worked with a goetic demon to ensure business success
Which one might I ask
>>
>>35873215
>trail work
doesn't exist here in the same way as in burgeristan
>firefighting
needs training, I ain't gonna go to school for 3 more years for that

I already got my papers as a chemist
>>
>>35873290
3 years of school for a summer job? That's fucked. We have plenty of students doing it here since fire season mostly lines up with when school's out.
>>
>>35869256
just because you've been conditioned doesn't mean you can't change.
>>
>Tard Wrangler
>It's okay
>Apply, they're always hiring
>>
Anyone else struggle to get a job/their first job? I applied everywhere included shitty fast food places and didn't even end up getting a job until my uncle told the manager at a grocery store he worked at to hire me. It makes me think if I did ever go to college or pursued some other form of higher education how I would find work.
>>
File: myjob.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
myjob.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>what job do you have
I work as a Check-In And Boarding Agent at my country's main airport.
>how bad is it
It's fun and I get lots of new experiences from it. Also, the job makes me feel important and it's satisfying.
>how do I get it
Send them your resume and finish your two months of training.
>>
>>35869186
>what job do you have
Self employed carpenter
>how bad is it
Depends on the job. It's generally pretty unpleasant. I make $30US/hour though which is not bad for someone who dropped out of highschool age 15.
>how do I get it
Year at trade school, 3 year apprenticeship with some retard who has alcohol and/or anger management problems during which you need to spend evenings reading about the building code and not killing self.
>>
>Call center
>The worst
>Pretend to like people in the interview
>>
File: IMG_20170131_220432_924.jpg (155KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170131_220432_924.jpg
155KB, 2048x1365px
>>35869186
>what job do you have
Cinematographer, freelance/corporate.
>how bad is it
It's pretty great, surprised that my dreams paid off and I'm working in my field with no college and no prior connections.
>how do I get it
Be self-loathing enough to keep wanting to make your work better, professional enough to deal with clients, fun and charismatic enough to make people want to have you on set, and study lighting, lenses, cameras, physics, and theoretical lighting math stuff like your life fucking depends on it. After that, you need to be in the right place, lots of luck, lots of hard headed determination, and lots and lots of crying yourself to sleep thinking you'll never make it. When I was 16 I had a gun against my head and told myself if I ever stopped trying my goddamn hardest to work on movies and make myself happy in that regard, then I would kill myself.

20 now, worked pretty well because I know I meant it.

So yeah. That. My parents spent a lot of my childhood telling me it wasn't a real job, it would never happen, that I should be a lawyer, that I would have to work in a burger king until I finished college, etc. Fucked my self esteem, but boosted the absolute shit out of my spite-meter.
>>
>>35869186
Not really a job but I'm a full time live in babysitter now. Pretty much have to be ready to take care of a newborn baby at any time of the day.
Really can't complain though. Can't wait until the baby says my name before the parents names. Probably be there for all the stuff like the baby's first steps and all
>>
>>35869186
>what job do you have
Security Guard at a small regional hospital
>how bad is it
Not bad at all. Definitely a cyborg-tier job, considering how frequently you have to interact with patients, visitors, and coworkers
>how do I get it
Be a big guy
Be intimidating
>>
>>35869618
I probably would have believed that if you had not said the shit about demons. You did not work with demons or make a deal with demons this is real life. Not an episode of Supernatural or Constantine
>>
>>35870165
>oh, it has got its ups and downs :^)
>>
>>35869186
>don't have a job
>want to move away from dick parents
>tfw too neet to ever get one
>too old, cannot compete
>just need a few hundred dollars to live in comfy tent
>not possible
ree
>>
>>35869186
Yeah no, I choose to exploit and kill animals, meat tastes fucking good
>>
>>35870244
biochem bachelor in progress here as well. why do you want to switch?
>>
>>35872488
This to be very much honest famicoms.
>>
I host at a local pizza restaurant, it's a pretty popular spot to hang out, eat, and get drunk. all of my co-workers are cool and they're super relaxed. it's pretty nice
>>
>electrical technician for world-renouned company
>it's chill as fuck, all guys, everyone is friendly or at the least polite
>do 3 years of schooling and six months of experience
>>
>>35869186
>what job do you have
"Electronics Technician: Navigation" on a ballistic missile submarine.

>how bad is it
Pretty bad if you don't like going months without sunlight or hearing from the outside world.

>how do I get it
Be in decent physical shape and of average intelligence, with no documented history of meme disorders, violent crime, or drug abuse.
>>
>>35875125
Heeheehoohoo
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.