[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

christian general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bhopb-christian-program-cross.jpg (72KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
bhopb-christian-program-cross.jpg
72KB, 960x640px
please pray for everyone who posts in this thread

anyway, a question to start the thread.
does hell exist? is it the fire and brimstone that has been preached about?
>>
Not a christian but thinking about becoming one.

Can I just walk into my local church and ask a priest?
>>
I expect if hell exists, it's not too dissimilar to life on earth.
>>
>>35853378
how about you research the different denominations before doing that?
why do you want to become one?
>>
This pretending to be christian thing is cringey as shit.
What's the point subscribing your life to something you know to be bullshit?
>>
File: 1486200163854.png (560KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
1486200163854.png
560KB, 900x599px
>>35853425
Whats the point of subscribing your life to something that makes you miserable?
>>
>>35853403
Any is good desu

I would have been cathar if.... You know....
>>
>>35853487
you should just find a non denominational church imo. if you want structure, catholic.
>>
>>35853444
That only works for people who actually believe this shit not people who pretend to. And forming your life around statistics is retarded. You can be a miserable cunt in church and you can have a happy life outside of it. Much more so.
The only thing you can't have with secular philosophy is the afterlife but since you save stupid meme pics to defend your christianity you don't *really* believe in that anyway
>>
>>35853444
Yes it's okay if you want to live ignorantly. But human progress demands the challenge of facing reality. If we stayed in the dark ages science would not have advanced and you wouldn't be typing right now.
Religion is okay if you want to do it, but a. Stop trying to convert people and b. Don't claim it's the most, and sometimes only efficient way to lead a happy life.
>>
This is definitley going to turn out well.
>>
>>35853379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkExgUCYxZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peT4cy7sebA
>>
>>35853358

The question of hell being a place of fire and brimstone is an interesting one.
Fire being symbollically associated with hell goes back to Jesus using the term "Gehenna" for the abode of the damned.
"Gehenna" was the name of an actual valley outside of Jerusalem. In the old testament, the wicked kings of Judah engaged in pagan rituals where they made their first born "pass through fire". Which is thought to mean making a child sacrifice to the pagan god, Moloch.

Could the idea of being "passed though fire" be symbolic of rejecting God?

Another vision of a fiery hell is presented in the parable of the rich man and Lazerus. However, the word "Gehenna" isn't used, but the word "Hades". Strange, because the greek view of Hades was never seen as a place of punishment, just a metaphysical theory of what happens to dead. In the past, it was thought of a place where all dead go, regardless of their deeds in life, before the concepts of tartarus and elysium came about.
Why wasn't Tartarus, the realm of punishment, used instead of Hades in this context?

I don't know if hell is really actually fire and brimstone. Dante's vision really cemented that idea with his influential works though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.