[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College drop out

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14

File: sjw cutie.jpg (102KB, 873x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sjw cutie.jpg
102KB, 873x1024px
Who here dropped out of college?
How has your life been since you dropped?
>>
Its not so bad because I am now working and making money, but I know its a dead end situation. Still can't move out.
>>
>>35846176
I dropped out for a semester and felt like a such a failure that I re-enrolled.
>>
>>35846197
What do you do? I've heard a lot of college drop outs end up going into IT.
>>
>>35846176
Terrible.

I managed to get a job and now im making money, but If this is what im going to be doing for the next 40 years then I may as well kill myself.
Atleast when I was in college I had the illusion I was actually going to do something with my life.
Im actually considering going back.
>>
>>35846176
I have been NEET ever since it is almost 7 years
I have small income from ads on my website
>>
>>35846176

I went for a week and dropped out. I'm now unemployed and have no idea what to do with my life.
>>
Enrolled in 2011, dropped 2011

I'm not in student debt so I'm okay
>>
>>35846241

A lot go into drug dealing, too.
>>
It's been ok. Started trucking as a summer job after my junior year and just never went back. 3 years later I was CEO of my own company earning 6 figures a year. Probably would have hated the work I'd have done with my engineering degree.
>>
>>35846724
>roleplaying on the internet to impress random anonymous losers
>>
>>35846176
she's fat. what do people see in her?
>>
>>35846936
Their dicks, probably.
>>
>Dropped out of le high school
>wanted to be a programmer
>started grinding for clients online
>worked as software dev for shitty wantrapeneur clients, hated it, quit
>did open source, got noticed
>work for cool startup, hated it, quit
>started consulting for startups, kind of like it, make good money
>working on my own thing now

And that's the story of how anon learned that the software industry fucking sucks and started doing better things. The end
>>
>>35846176
I was a wage slave for a while but I hated it so now I'm neet. I also hate it and I know it's super unhealthy and I hope I can change.
>>
Just find. I'm not making between 5-7k a month
>>
I never knew what I wanted to do with my life, I switched majors like 3 times before dropping out in 2011 and worked shitty minumum wage jobs for 4 years. I re-enrolled 2 years ago, and I'm going to kill myself if I drop out again.
>>
>>35847005
What open source things did you do?
>>
>>35847044
What are you studying now?
>>
>>35847064
Don't want to get doxed, sorry. But I created a really cool project that solved some important problems. You would be surprised how easy it is to get a job after you've demonstrated you can get shit done. Especially if you solo engineer a complex and impressive project. Would recommend for anyone who wants to be a dev / 10.
>>
>>35847066

electrical engineering

origianl
>>
>>35847109
Fair enough,

I am at the trying to learn how to program stage.

If I can find work, I would like to start making aerial maps for clients. I think that could work out for me.
>>
>>35846724
>CEO of my company
I find it very unlikely that a college drop out with 3 years of truck driving experience would be chosen as the CEO of any company. What's the name of the company anon?
>>
>>35847036
anon what do you do
>>
>>35846176
Dropped out of college and got a wagecuck job
After about a year and a half of being out I've almost made a full recovery of my depression
I feel so happy playing games, posting and shopping. My workplace ended up being laid back and friendly so I skate by while getting paid 13hr just literally walking around the store

Unfortunately I have plans to move out therefore I probably will fall back into severe depression as opposed to coming and going. I will say that if I ever got the chance to be a NEET id be in absolute heaven
>>
>>35847177
I think you're taking him the wrong way. If you start your own company you can give yourself (and others) any title that you like. At the old software dev company I worked at someone's actual job title was 1337 h4x0r. Kek. So he's probably just written in the founding documents that he's the CEO. Titles really don't mean shit in small companies.
>>
>>35847201
I am a car salesman.
I started working for a ford dealership when I was about to be evicted from my apartment because I couldn't keep up with the rent.

Turns out I found something
I'm good at. I made 1500$ my first week on the floor and was hooked. This was 3 years ago.
I now sell luxury cars
>>
>>35847177
See
>>35847223
I'm also the president and chief engineer. You can write whatever you want on those silly incorporation forms.
>>
>>35846176
Yeah, wish I hadn't though and am thinking about going back to school at 31.

I have a pretty good job but I don't see myself advancing much and I don't like the environment (manufacturing). But the money is good, I made 75k last year and just bought a house
>>
File: 1490034261113.gif (650KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1490034261113.gif
650KB, 500x280px
Hey guys, I need your help. Ever since my math professor told me attendance wasn't important, i didnt show up to class. I only showed up to the first class and the first exam but its not because i wanted to, everytime i tried to go i would just sit in my room and do the homework. Last class i tried to go but the second i got to the door i was a minute late, he was already talking and i went back home because i can't deal with people staring at me. Should i email him and tell him why i've been not showing up to his class? I show up to all my other classes just fine but not this one. I have an exam later today that im studying for right now but i feel like hes going to fail me.
>>
i've actually dropped halfways system engineering,
i didnt understand a shit, kinda have depression issues and family relationship isnt exactly my strong spot
got onto studying for cook so i gues im moving on
hopefully
>>
>>35847305
I was a bit inconsistent with my post, but i think I can't deal with the fact that i've skipped so much and people look at me and think oh wtf that chubby kid that barely comes in to class i thought he failed. I need to pass this class though
>>
20 years old. Dropped out 3 times. Parents forced me to go back those 2 times. Made me take out loans. Currently 25k in debt with no career prospects and bills are due early april.

I'm literally poor as fuck can't pay bills and have no job. I'm near breakdown and my family is poor too. Parents moving to Florida to try starting over. I'm staying in NY. Oldest brother is not concerned about family or about paying bills. Middle brother has helped a lot, takes on role of oldest brother, but he won't be able to support me.

I'm desperate just rented a book programming java apps for Android. Going to library tomorrow to study.
>>
>>35847257
I guess I find it a little disingenuous for you to say that you're, "the CEO of your company". Why not say, "I founded my own company?" Then there's no confusion about what you mean.
>>
>>35847386
Why would I start a company and then wait to be promoted to CEO?
>>
>>35847334
if you're passing the class it doesn't seem that bad
>>
>>35847377
This infuriates me. Poor people are so fucking retarded with their expectations of their children. They expect them to take out all this crushing debt without helping them to prepare to have a career or part in a business at all. The attitudes that rich people take towards this is completely different in that they normally take on a hands on approach.

For instance: giving them a job in the company business or making an introduction at a company they have connections with. It amazes me how utterly clueless most parents are.
>>
>>35847386
He did say that it was his "own company" though. Maybe you misread him
>>
File: 1476550673584.png (14KB, 350x380px) Image search: [Google]
1476550673584.png
14KB, 350x380px
>>35847437
thanks anon. Im going to try and overcome this depression that i have. Stupid fucking feels trying to stop me.
>>
I quit college after 2 days and decided I'll be a welder instead.
>>
>>35847439
They came to America and literally banked everything on me becoming a doctor. They said it's all my fault and constantly remind me of my failure so I can learn my lesson. Every time I say we have to be realistic they just say go back to school lmao.

There is no talking to my poor Brazilian parents. This is part of the reason I don't want kids or to be near my family anymore. They're fucking retarded and I'm just as bad for trusting them.
>>
>>35847464
show butt now anon
>>
File: 1473822148961.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473822148961.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
lol im a man with a hairy ass.
sorry i can't be some qt waifu.
>>
>>35847478
Every parent is the same. I don't know why its so hard for normies to fucking think of the child before they have one. Actually think if you have enough money and resources to ensure its future happiness or if you're just throwing it out into the world to fuck up like yourself for your own short-term needs to "start a family."

So selfish, I swear to god. There needs to be a fucking parenting license.
>>
>>35847511
That's okay anon. Show it any way
>>
>>35846619
Got any storys?
>>
File: IMG_0004.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
College dropout. Here is my commission sheet from last month
>>
>making 4K a week
Yeah I would say me dropping out was the best decision of my life. You just need to be good with people.
>>
>>35847636
What do you do?

Origanams
>>
>>35847647
Sales, explain to people that I am doing the work for "scholarship money" and they end up buying. Easy Peasy
>>
>>35846176
I now eat on YouTube; it keeps me in sportsbetting money.
>>
>>35847670
What kind of sales?

I am also in sales
>>
>>35847698
Let's just say high quality set of kitchen stuff.
>>
>>35847005
>Software industry sucks

Please elaborate

a-asking for a friend
>>
>>35847750
Vector marketing? lol ya'll niggas tried to get me when I was done with high school.
>>
its nice because I work 55 hours a week and can actually make money for video games, travel, etc. even move out if I want to.

It fucking sucks because my job will sometimes make me want to kill myself, and there is no future in it what so ever so really im just sitting stagnant right now

I want to finish school desu
>>
>>35847177
He's the CEO of his truck.
>>
>>35847802
kek me too, I went to the recruiting pitch just so I could get a day off school
>>
>>35847598
what do you do?

a;lksdjf;laksdj;lkfasdj original
>>
dropped out early 2013
been useless neet since
>>
>>35847867
Sell luxury cars!!!

I'm gonna go back to school someday because sales is quite stressfull
>>
>>35847802
Why didn't you join? Well I guess some of the managers are bad but mine is awesome.
>>
I'm nearing the end of a Graphical Design major, and I have learned basically nothing of value.

I focused my studies on traditional game design and typography, I enjoy designing my own tabletop RPG rulebooks and board games and working on magazine and book layouts, but I really hate eveything else about graphical design.

I can't draw for shit, I can't really do basic shit like logos and branding, social media and posters and whatever. I just really hate the idea of working as a publicity designer or something similar.

Should I just graduate and then immediately start learning some new life skill, or should I focus on doing what I enjoy?
>>
>graduated high school in 2010
>worked 3 dead-end minimum wage retail jobs for a year each
>attempted suicide in 2015
>put on disability
>worthless NEET for the last couple of years

I'm a 25-year-old virgin NEET with no driver's license (but I do have a permit), little social experience, living with parents, and I'm fat too (5'11" 255 pounds). Haven't had a GF in nine years. What are my odds of fixing this mess?
>>
>>35847919
Its a scam, dumbdumb
>>
>>35847792
>Long hours
>Terrible world-life balance
>Constant changing technology (so all your time is spent keeping up, even on weekends or your skills start to become obsolite)
>High pay only comes from specialization but to do that means learning something that will end up out of date in a few months
>Endless competition among neckbeards. It's hard to get hired at a good company when you're just starting out and almost impossible outside the US
>Outsourcing and accessibility to learn the skills means poor job security even within silicion valley
>Programmers past the age of like 30 are seen as too old
>Boring work at most companies
>Incredibly demeaning hiring practices (think what professions require professionals to dance like monkeys to prove their skills before hiring)
>Software has largely evolved to exploit the clueless autists it employs. You are seen as a cog that churns out code and nothing more.

It's an absurd mix of shitness that paradoxically requires exceptional ability and dedication to stay employed even though those with such abilities would easily be able to do another job with better benefits.

You could probably become a brain surgeon for the amount of bullshit you have to go through just keeping up with today's changes in web technology alone and that's only a small part of an average companies "stack." Actual companies use even more technologies than that and if you don't know at least some of them you are at a disadvantage.
>>
>>35848012
Why am I making so much money? Oh that's right you believed those dumb videos of the "HUR DUR PYRAMID SCHEMEEEEE XDDDD" and now work for minimum if any job at all. Whos the dumb dumb again?
>>
>>35848051
I never said you couldn't make money off scams, you cunt. The problem is that I didn't want to work for a shit company.

LOL they have been caught multiple times for being a sketchy company.
>>
>>35848051
if you're a good salesman it's good for you
but working for a company that exploits literal retards into thousands of dollars of debt isn't my idea of a fun time
>>
File: 1459197723368.png (116KB, 222x213px) Image search: [Google]
1459197723368.png
116KB, 222x213px
>tfw Failed EMR exam

Suicide it is.
>>
File: 1490491942931.jpg (48KB, 1080x836px) Image search: [Google]
1490491942931.jpg
48KB, 1080x836px
>>35848978
I'm now nervous, is it really that hard? I'm shit at taking vitals
>>
File: 1482202754115.gif (1MB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
1482202754115.gif
1MB, 300x224px
>>35849074

Well if you're taking EMR in Alberta then your only true obstacle is ACP. Fuck those dirty fucking kikes and their bullshit standard.

Yeah vitals are a pain at first but really you just have to keep practicing with anyone that'll let you touch them. I use to suck complete ass at it but now it's almost second nature. Good luck.
>>
>>35849192
Nope, I'm in burger land so I only have to deal with the NREMT. Thanks for the good luck Anon
>>
How many hours of sleep do you guys get? I usually get anywhere from 4-6hrs of sleep.
>>
I give you all props for dropping out. I kind of want to but have no idea what I would do if I did.
>>
>>35849289

>google NREMT
Jesus christ yeah you'll won't have a problem because that's piss easy.

ACP just changed the standard and now for us the exam is a 200 multiple choice question, a and random scenario (vocalise only), random skill test (vocalise and demonstrate), Spine immobilisation (volcalise and demonstrate), and cpr (volcalise and demonstrate).

Also it's a $800 fee to it and if you faild 3 times then you have to re-take the coarse again. Fucking jews man.
>>
File: triggered4.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
triggered4.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>35846176
Better than everyone else here.
>>
>>35849471
Fucking hell, the worst I can think of here is that if you miss a certain amount of days of the course(i think its 6) you can't even take the test
>>
Can you still be considered a NEET if you did graduate from college and have a degree but live with your parents and do not have a steady job or any job at all and no friends?
>>
>>35847792
>>35848031
On the other side of the spectrum...

>work as software developer at local hospital
>small eight person team for the whole company
>everyone else has been there 10+ years
>existing code is old as fuck
>team decides to push for new tech stack
>now getting paid 37 dollars an hour to learn new shit
>team banters all day, older coworkers always have fun stories

All they asked about in the interview were basic C# questions. The whole industry isn't bad, but I can see it getting worse. Look for stable, small teams and you might be fine
>>
File: 30a.jpg (61KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
30a.jpg
61KB, 475x356px
>>35846724
Why do people do this? Are they that miserable that they have to lie on the internet?
>>
>>35849539
NEET

Not
in
Education
Employment
or
Training.
So yes, you're a NEET
>>
File: 1482132717481.gif (129KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1482132717481.gif
129KB, 450x253px
>>35849517

>They let you miss days in burgerland
If you miss one day you get kicked out here, some guy missed it in our class and wasn't allowed back in.
>>
>>35846176
It was good for a while, I acted my age and did stupid shit with my stupid peers
Then all my stupid peers got their acts together, finished school, got jobs, got husbands, moved away and had kids
I'm still here drinking alone until 9am most nights, when I eventually go to bed to sleep all day and wake up ready for another drink

Sometimes I think, if I just stop the retard act now and go back to school, I could make something of myself and get to a happier place
But the joke's on me, there's no fixing me now.
>>
>>35849588
Nice dubs
But holy shit are they literal Nazis up there?
I feel for you leaf anon
>>
>>35849583
OK thank. I just wanted to know. I went to college out of state and lived in a dorm.

One time I moved to Korea for an English teaching job and lived alone.

I came back to live with my parents. Before Korea I had lived with my parents since 2009.

I had random jobs here and there but nothing lasted. I am also 34. I have had girlfriends, almost had sex but never did it (for religious reasons) but no women ever stay with me or love me.

I don't now how I look really, but people have said I am attractive. I did get some girlfriends but I am not super buff or hot but I am not ugly. Yet I a still alone with no friends and girls hate me usually. The ones who date me dont do it for a real relationship and end up leaving, or something out me makes them break up with me. All my relationships lasted 3 months or less.

My mom tells me I have adult ASD and I think it is true. I suffer from depression and thin suicidal a lot (but I dont think I would ever do it and I dont actually want to). I also have OCD and tourrettes and have stupid ticks here and there which I hide a lot and I act well.

I feel like I will end up a dead 50+ virgin and not married and no friends.

So I think dropping out of college might be better than wasting your money like me.

Life sucks. But I believe in God and draw strength from faith in God.

So I guess I am a NEET. I do hate going outside a lot or have some social anxiety but I still go outside and if I have to I can talk to people. I dont know...

Sorry that was long I just never told anyone this before or posted about it. I will be 35 in a few months.
>>
>>35849074
It can't be that hard. My brother addled his brains with too much acid in his teens and still managed to pass. He legitimately thinks KFC raises mutant "chickens" that eat human waste for their fried chicken but he's learned that as long as he doesn't talk about it, no one tries to get him hospitalized.
>>
File: 1422843184304.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1422843184304.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>35846176
are never-went-to-college-or-tradeschool also welcome here? Well if not just ignore all the stuff in black, sorry.

>How has your life been?
Can't complain. I figured, meh, if I just worked on myself for 4 years but avoided debt and then got a job after four years I could consider myself ahead. Well I didn't work on myself in 4 years of NEEThood, not all 4 atleast. But I have really gotten into the swing of working on a few hobbies and talents, and I actually expect them to pay off pretty well by the end of the year at the latest.

I don't really regret not going to college, I've had a comfy NEEThood and social isolation and while it hasn't been ideal I'm nowhere near as stunted and hopeless as so many unfortunate people here. If anything I think it's helped me mature a great deal and get a good grip on myself and the world.
>>
Dropped, and desu life was hell for like three years.

Fast forward to now I got a job fixing shit for Apple, live on my own with a cute gf, have a dog and a fish, and spend my free time learning 3dsmax/3D art in general for free versus doing it for 90k debt and enjoy it
College isn't for all. My GF is a teacher with 6 years of college debt and she makes only 10k more than me yearly, which is a shame really
>>
>>35849654

>holy shit are they literal Nazis up there?

Probably. The paramedics and instructors I've talked to claim it's purposely hard because Alberta Health Service's standard is the "best" in the world, which is hard for me to believe since they still use spineboards and haven't bought a new ambulance since the early 00's ffs.
>>
>>35849749
How can you expect to get a good grip on the world by isolating yourself from it?
>>
File: 1440290034236.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1440290034236.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>35849788
I guess it's just I'm fairly well adjusted person and 4 years of being a loner hasn't left me socially injured. I might only leave the house once a month but I'm not an agoraphobe. I don't get anxious going places and don't come across as awkward to others.

Now compare that to most people who are about as socially gracious as highschoolers, the normies, eh well, do I seem conceited when I say I'm still a cut above all that?
>>
>>35847439
Jesus fucking cheist, this shit is so fucking true. Mexican ass parents think that all i have to do is go to college and i'll be set for life. They have no fucking idea all of the shit that i have to do. I'm forced to go to college with no way of paying it at all. I have to work, study and be in debt. No matter how hard I work, i always feel like i'm getting fucked in the ass. Ever since I was a little kid, they have been telling me that I was going to be the one to become rich and steer them off from poverty. Like its that fucking easy. LISTEN, IF BOTH OF YOU COULDN'T BE RICH, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I CAN. I'm sorry that im just fucking ranting rn but everytime I think about this, it just pisses me off. As the the old sibling in a poor household, they expect me to do so much shit like its nothing. I'm litteraly so fucking pissed right now as i am typing this. Godamnit i want to fucking killmyself, i wish i was born into a fucking rich family.
>>
>>35847334
hey man it's college, a lot of people don't go to classes. People aren't gonna notice if you show up or not, they won't really care regardless. If you're passing and showing up for exams then who really gives a shit? You got it dude, you're doing okay.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.