[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dying Alone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

So Anon, what's the plan?

Nobody who has loved you -if you have ever been loved at all- will be there to care for you as you are dying. No faithful wife, no loyal and respecting children, no adoring grandchildren will be there at your death. Just you. Alone.

So what's the plan?
>>
The plan? You described it, pal. I'm fine with that. I'm the ghost, and you're in my plain sight.
>>
I don't know. Everyone has to die and it always sucks. I'm hoping I die in my sleep or via accident or something instead of alone in a hospital, but whatever. There'll be an end, at least
>>
>>35846102
No plan. Kinda figured it would be like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Vincent

Only people will give less of a shit.
>>
File: 1455926133929.jpg (94KB, 604x396px) Image search: [Google]
1455926133929.jpg
94KB, 604x396px
>>35846102
I'll die from suicide or drug overdose long before I get the chance to die from old age

but either way I'll be alone.
>>
>>35846147
> Joyce Carol Vincent (15 October 1965-December 2003) was a British woman whose death went unnoticed for more than two years as her corpse lay undiscovered in her London bedsit.

> Vincent died of unknown causes around December 2003. She was an asthma sufferer, and an asthma attack, or complications surrounding her recent peptic ulcer, have been suggested as a possible cause of death.

Terrifying.

How badly would you feel hacking your lungs out, unable to breathe and all the while knowing that you've accomplished nothing in life and no one will think or remember you?
>>
>>35846233
Thats not what gets me. What gets me is the smell of her rotting corpse was put down to some bins. Imagine that, people care so little about you that even your putrefying body wasn't enough to get them to notice you.
>>
>>35846102
why do you need someone when you are dying, it's not like an amusement park or something. it's far worse to live alone.
>>
File: that feel old.jpg (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
that feel old.jpg
115KB, 600x600px
I'll probably end up doing something dumb and get myself killed. I'm not going to just slowly rot away in a hospital or let my corpse be found in my home long after I've died. Fuck that. Go out with some notoriety.
>>
>>35846102
>Dying with others is better
Nope. Death is death.
>>
>>35846188
>>35846433
Nice repeating digits, lads.

I get the sense that whatever dumb stunt I pull is going to be drinking-related.

I think that it's either going to be a thing where I drink to the point where I lose consciousness and end up choking on vomit finally, or I'll be in the feeling normal/numb/adventurous stage and will do something dangerous and be like "oh fuck" before experiencing an intense pain and dying suddenly.

I don't want to go by cirrhosis or diabetic coma or brain damage.

>>35846452
You wouldn't rather go, knowing there are people who will remember you and that loved you?
>>
This is what I'm grappling with. If I die of old age I will have had to have lived through the deaths of all my immediate family. Which means I'll be utterly friendless and alone when it's my turn. My death will go one of two ways in this case

>scenario one
Suddenly collapse and die, most likely it'll happen while I'm at home. With no family or friends there'll be no one to check up on me and my corpse will go undiscovered for quite some time.

>scenario two
My health takes a turn for the worse and I'm hospitalised. Either because of my advanced age or the nature of the illness I remain in hospital or a hospice until I die. I spend my remaining short time cut off from home with no visitors or well-wishers, and not even the comforts of home to take my mind off things. I essentially just wind up surrounded by dying strangers and looking out the window most of the time remembering my dead family and lost friends; trying to imagine what a fulfilling life would have felt like.
>>
>>35846534
>You wouldn't rather go, knowing there are people who will remember you and that loved you?
Why would I care? I'm dead, dumbass. People are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>35846556
It's about the dying, not about the death.

I couldn't be less scared of death.
>>
>>35846102
I'm actually okay with dying alone. I've always been alone. In a sense I am my own best friend. I cant't wait to be on my death bed and go just sit their and think about everything in my life.
>>
>>35846584
I'm not going to enjoy dying. I don't care how big of an orgy you try to host at my deathbed.
>>
File: definition-of-hell-bigger.jpg (31KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
definition-of-hell-bigger.jpg
31KB, 800x500px
>>35846540
>I essentially just wind up surrounded by dying strangers and looking out the window most of the time remembering my dead family and lost friends; trying to imagine what a fulfilling life would have felt like

This is what scares me too.
>>
I am banking on technology to reverse aging by then

We already know how to artificially induce telomerase production, so we are already there, we just need to cure cancer, as telomerase also turns cancer cells immortal
>>
Dying alone doesn't scare me.
The only thing that sort of disturbs me is the last few years before death, when you start to become invalid and unable to move much, but you're not dead. I'd almost rather assisted suicide, or just lay on the floor and starve, than go spend 5-10 years in an elder care home.
Hopefully there should be robots by then. Shaped like anime girls.
>>
File: 1feeel12.png (169KB, 367x392px) Image search: [Google]
1feeel12.png
169KB, 367x392px
>tfw all those decades on 4chan,no one will see you before you die
>your parents have been dead
>tfw you just lived alone post parent's death for DECADES
>all the other old people next to you have kids and dozens of grand kids seeing them, leaving them flowers and shit
>no one sees you
>the old chad next to you has his wife next to him sucking his dick and his kids are bring him a antique N64 and play Mario kart and smash on hologram monitor, some old gen y is kicking ass
>they all wish him well and his wife kisses him
>the only one that sees you is the automated nurse
>says good morning,hello,goodbye
>tfw
>>
I only wish to be buried with my dogs like Frederick the Great.
>>
>>35846102
the only people i want caring for me while i'm dying are doctors, holy shit

making my family hover around my husk of a body as i very gradually lapse into death wouldn't be fun for me or them
>>
>>35846102
We all die alone. It doesn't matter who else is in the room. Where you're about to go, none of them will follow. What do you need them for? Dying is the one task that no man has ever failed at. It's your life that you need people in, not your death.
>>
>>35846147
>normies studying your life after dying completely alone
this is my biggest fear, I want to be forgotten
>>
>>35847799
>the only people i want caring for me while i'm dying are doctors
This. Get some fucking perspective, people. God damn.
>>
No matter what you're always alone in your mind
>>
My dads good friend has 24-48 hours to live. He's dying of pancreatic cancer. We hung out alot, going camping, fishing and stayed at his place. He's known my family before I was even born. My dad has been friends with him for over 40 years.
>>
I have a sister who is 10 years my junior.
>>
>gonna walk off into the woods when i die
>like a dog
>death is personal, embarrasing
>like taking a shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyl8Om0yV2c
>>
>inpatient at hospital last month
>visiting time
>everyone in the ward has friends or family come
>guy opposite me had his qt gf lie in his bed with him
>I was alone, playing on my 3ds with my headphones in
>>
>>35846102
I don't give a shit. I hate my neurotic family. Most of them don't give a shit until I'd be in my hospital bed with a big ol' wad of cash stuck in a will.

I don't need pretend sympathy from a family of stereotypical normies. I enjoy being alone, that way nobody can tell me how much of a failure I am or how I'm such a loser for not having friends, or not having a real life. I'm sincerely joyful when I'm alone, I'm not saying that just because of robot foreveralone maymays. It's always actual fucking normies that bring me down, and more often than not it's my own kin.

Fuck that, OP. That's pussy normalfag bullshit. There is no plan, just death. Nobody is special, and nobody is special to me. I will be forgotten just like anybody else. I could be a big name but I'd still just be another record in the dust in the long run.

Making peace with the fact that I'm dying, that's more important than surrounding myself with distractions.
>>
>>35846102
May the eternal hellfire slowly creep up my neck, cauterizing the wound from the stab in the back I had received long ago.
>>
>>35846102
Really, it's simple. Fap to anything I haven't fapped to already.
>>
>>35848259
This tbqh. I don't want to rot away in a hospital bed like the guy in OPs pic
>>
Everybody dies alone, anon. I've seen death, and the only difference between people when they die is whether they've accepted their mortality or not. The former go peacefully in any condition, whereas the later could be surrounded by their loved ones and still be tortured mercilessly.
>>
>>35846102
>caring about how you die
It's about how you lived faggot. Of which, of course, alone. Only dreams now aside from that.
>>
File: 1486714163283.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
1486714163283.png
32KB, 688x578px
The plan is to slip into worshiping ancient gods in a bid of 11th-hour panic.
We don't know what your mind feels like when it dies, but I can't imagine you'll be prepared no matter how much you try.
>>
That's why i ride a bike. I need a bigger bike, the accidents so far have been too close to crippling and too far from mortal.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.