[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

internet addiction

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

going to detox from the internet a couple days tomorrow. staying in holiday home completely alone 2 nights I'm bringing quarter ounce hash and a hard drive of movies/anime. What should I watch? I don't watch anime and I know you niggas know the good stuff. Please nothing where the main character is NEET or depressed, NHK triggered too many feels in episode 1.

Also general internet addiction thread. Image boards, chatrooms and the like are cancer.
>>
>Detoxing from the internet
>>
>>35841329
don't you feel shit about the timesink and looking back at how you wasted a week?
>>
>>35841269
no physical-organic component

impossible to be addicted to it
>>
>>35841269
the trouble is that its one of those vicious cycles. I have an internet addiction that sucks up all my time but I dont have anything else to do instead
>>
>>35841269
>detoxing from the internet
>bringing weed and media
Real sacrifice there, faggot.
>>
File: spikespiegel.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
spikespiegel.gif
326KB, 500x269px
Watch Cowboy Bebop, one of the more americana anime it's that good shit
>>
>>35841687
Anything that fucks with the reward centers in your brain has the potential to be addictive. Just look at Gambling addiction.
>>
>>35841359
Not if it's substituted with equivalent content plus drugs. That's like me starting a thread where I'm "detoxing" from alcohol by switching from vodka to whiskey. And then add an ounce of hash and weed to the mix.
>>
File: i-used-the-internet.jpg (272KB, 600x1353px) Image search: [Google]
i-used-the-internet.jpg
272KB, 600x1353px
>>35841269
I feel you bro.

The internet is something that

-I'm unable to go more than a few hours without

-made me cut off real-world relations

-prevents me from functioning normally

-makes me unhealthy, both physically and mentally

but if I were you I would instead do something active in your free time, rather than the passive activities of movies & TV.

Read a book, learn to play an instrument, build a scale model of Japanese WWII ships, solve a Rubik's cube, paint a portrait or scenery, go for hikes and take pictures, etc.

Anything that just sitting there.
>>
>>35841687
this >>35841819 there are actually very few substances that you get addicted to beyond mentally, alcohol included. My uncle drank himself to death because he couldn't face life and probably had a personality disorder.
>>
>>35841722
this.

OP is a fucking fraud.
>>
>>35841722
everything's fine in moderation. I watch like 2 movies per week, and I haven't seen anime in a year.
>>
>>35841819
>>35842041

You can also google news stories of people in like Taiwan who died while playing some shitty MMO grindfest of a game in a net cafe, and of white trash in America who beat their kid to death or let him starve because they were also busy playing some shitty game online.

I remember when we first got the internet at home when I was like 17, within a few months I sometimes spending 24 straight online hours on it - not even playing a video game I was arguing with some other idiot asshole on a message board about something I can't even remember.

I still spend most of my time each day on 4chan when I should be doing so many other things instead.
>>
File: CRfxyySVAAAeUmk.jpg (27KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
CRfxyySVAAAeUmk.jpg
27KB, 470x313px
Addiction is a fucking meme. Man up, you pussies.
>>
If you're in it for the long haul, you'll want a long show. Hunter x Hunter 2011 is the best shounen there is and it's 150-ish episodes. Stick with it and you'll be hooked in no time.
>>
>>35841715
same, but literally anything's better than this. If you're addicted to movies at least you can say "I watched 5 movies yesterday and you'll do something more useful than staring at image boards.

>>35842163
>he said while wasting another minute posting this on an internet forum
you're wwasting your life just like the rest of us, don't pretend you've got your life in order.

>>35842227
nah just days to start with, might spend the weekend there too. I'll download couple seasons though.
>>
>>35841819
>Anything that fucks with the reward centers in your brain has the potential to be addictive.
On the internet it's specifically social media that does that.
>>
>not detoxing from the computer and tehcnology

shiigay diggay
>>
>>35841269
I've made a plan to save myself from my internet addiction. I'm going to go on a bike tour even though I have no friends and haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid. It will be something else to do and I'll get to see lots of different scenery and get out into the real world(plus it's a socially acceptable way to be NEET). I'm bringing a kindle but not a computer so hopefully I can build up my attention span by reading books when I get tired of riding. Now all I have to do is grow some balls and actually do it.
>>
>>35842738
how do you live like that though? Parents could pay for food but what about shelter?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.