[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NAD+

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 01 Immortality.jpg (404KB, 1600x1055px) Image search: [Google]
01 Immortality.jpg
404KB, 1600x1055px
Since we're on the cusp of biological immortality, with human trials currently underway and set to be available commercially by 2020, it raises ethical questions.

Would you take it?
Do you want to never grow old, never eventually dieing of natural old age, age related illnesses or cancer.

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-successfully-reversed-dna-ageing-in-mice
>>
File: 1440518848307.jpg (261KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1440518848307.jpg
261KB, 900x900px
>>35839976
>yfw you won't be able to afford it
>>
>>35839976
Absolutely. You could still die of other causes so it's not like you'll live until the heat death of the universe or something like that (at least not yet). There's literally no downside with this.
>>
>>35839976
>Days go by faster
>Eventually a whole year will go by in a blink

Yeesh. Sounds fun.
>>
>>35840041
I don't think that's how it works unless you manage to catch brain damage on your way to eternity.
>>
File: immor676tality2.jpg (78KB, 263x350px) Image search: [Google]
immor676tality2.jpg
78KB, 263x350px
>>35840005
Eventually we all will.

Maybe it will be given out in an ethical manner, like if some kid is dying from cancer, and the cure is ready/available/existing then I don't think the public would stand by and not allow someone who really needs it.

It's like withholding someone's diabetes medicine or letting someone starve.

>>35840018
Yep, I'm not saying you can't die, but you're biologically immortal, you won't age

But the longer you live, the higher you chance of death, via murder or just an everyday accident.
>>
>>35840140
I could totally see governments banning it because muh overpopulation. And they'd probably have popular backing too.
>>
If you gave a person this NAD+ and enclosed them in a safe environment away from accidental death and give them food and necessities to survive, how long do you suppose someone could live for?
>>
>>35840194
Probably until they develop cancer.
>>
File: immortal.jpg (103KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
immortal.jpg
103KB, 900x900px
>>35840171
I think only virgins (like me haha) should be allowed it.

You can't have immortals producing and producing endlessly. And what's to stop people having kids first, then becoming immortal? And then their kids having kids, then becoming immortal and so on...

It has to go to people who either can't have kids, or don't already have kids. I imagine there would be some kind of mandatory castration to ensure it.
>>
>>35840254
I don't think cancer cells could develop if the NAD+ keeps perfectly restoring your DNA.
>>
>>35840273
>I think only people like me should benefit from X
Hopefully you never get elected for anything.

>>35840303
Because kids don't get cancer? I'm not, like, a biologist, but ageing and cancer seem to be different processes.
>>
>>35840349
Why? Should immortal people be allowed to breed as much as they want then?

Or am I just not allowed it?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.