[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Small achievements you're proud of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 190x266px
Regardless of whether they're particularly important or not.

>been getting random bluescreens on my PC for the last few months when on heavy cpu load
>really annoying, getting in the way of uni work as i can't render anything
>couldn't work it out, lots of threads online about the issue with my components but no definitive answer
>eventually traced it to BIOS problems, my motherboard shipped with some mistakes in the default profiles
>flashed the BIOS with a new version (first time flashing a BIOS ever)
>PC now runs perfectly stable, stress testing for 12h and temps don't go above 70c
>feel much more safer and at ease using it now knowing it won't randomly shut off in the middle of work

i know it's not much to be proud of but still, I love the feeling of satisfaction when you properly fix a problem that's been there for a while.
>>
>kitchen drawers keep rattling
>one day the front face of the draw completely falls off
>screws have bitten into the wood too much and shredded it
>end up purchasing new screws and fittings
>take the draw apart and reassemble it with new fittings
>lubircate the rails and wheels because why not
>put it back in the shelf
>drawer works better than it ever did and is smooth and silent

My fridge door (there's a cupboard door attached to the fridge door itself) also came loose and fell off, I bought a right-angle screwdriver to fix it so that's my next project
>>
>I made the wifi work on my laptop running Linux
Felt like a fucking champion that day
>>
>>35836449
Funny, the exact opposite happened to me just a couple a weeks ago.

> PC runs great
> See that my MB manufacturer released a beta bios for my MB
> Flash it because yolo
> Have bluescreens on a daily basis now
> Don't fix it because heh
>>
>>35836449
Congrats man, it's always nice when you solve something that's been bugging you for a while.

I managed to get absolutely smashed on Saturday during the day. I usually find it very difficult to drink more than a cider or two (Sertraline tones my drinking down significantly), but I just found out some shitty news and I managed to drink most of a bottle of vodka and get ridiculously rekt, so at least I now I know I can still drink a ton, even if I need a trigger for it.
>>
>>35836542
just reflash the old bios
my motherboard came with Q-flash which makes the process very easy, i was very nervous doing it knowing that a random powercut or loose cable or something at any time could brick my whole PC but in the end it's very straightforward.
>>
>i like to watch movies on the projector a lot, it's a mini projector that sits on a bookshelf facing a blank wall
>usually the process of hooking everything up takes ages and is very annoying
>have to plug in a laptop to the projector via hdmi with a mini-hdmi adapter on one end and a mini-dp adapter on the other since thats the only combination that works
>also have to separately connect a 3.5mm audio cable because for some reason sound gets lost on the way
>projector also has to be connected to power, laptop connected to power, and projector has to be adjusted and positioned and calibrated each time because it gets moved from all this cable plugging
>tried using built-in wireless casting but thats even more finicky and sound always seems to come out of the wrong device, not to mention our wifi isn't great and there's frame-stuttering and audio desync at anything higher than 1024x768
>decide to sort it out once and for all
>order a 10m HDMI cable online
>route the cable round the back of the bookshelf, around the edge of the room and into my PC
>can now set everything up in two button presses on the projector remote and can control things with a wireless keyboard from the table
>movie night is now a 1-minute setup rather than 15
>movies play in 1080p with smooth framerates and audio is always synced
>never have to touch the projector now because it's already plugged in and ready to go so never need to recalibrate it
>>
>>35836497
i tried to get into linux but all the problems of setting up drivers for everything and getting internet working and getting all the repos just felt like way too much effort to be worth it.

i tried mint with cinnamon DE, i guess it's not the most noob-friendly. maybe i'll just try again with ubuntu next time i have some spare time and learn it from there.
>>
>>35836449
The Small Lego boat i made now. catching a 1kg squid with a 400g one.
>>
>>35836781
imagine watching "The Story Never Told" on it.

thanks to the guy with enough balls to produce and sell 10m long Hdmi cables.
>>
>>35836938
post pics
original contribution
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.