[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is bad, I have to think fast

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1417391418394.png (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1417391418394.png
29KB, 400x400px
Mom died little over a week ago and my father is very suicidal. Today he came to me and expressed to me that he'll soon transfer all assets to me and then afterwards may die.

Him and my mother have been together since they were 13 so he feels he cant really live without her and she said to me numerous times herself when she was alive.

Im scared now, I will have to stop college and protect and find a good stable place for my little brother and I pray he doesnt suicide. He cant even drive without road rage. Im more than likely sure by the end of the year he'll be dead too just to be with her. What do I do please this is serious
>>
you must become his new wife (husband)
>>
I'm not sure if this is bait, but I'll bite. First off, how old is everyone involved, including you.
>>
>>35835111
Im 21, dad is 38 and my brother is 12. Mo passed and it feela ao unreal i cqnt even express it. Im taking it the best at the moment I dont have time to grieve cause im so so worried and trying to focus on getting everything secure so we still have the apartment
>>
>>35835150
Is there anyone else who can take in your brother while you finish college?
Dropping out is a bad idea, you'll both just starve. I've seen this play out a million times. Take him in when you're well-employed.
>>
>>35835058
don't let him transfer any assets, act like you're sad and need comfort about your Mom, if he's a decent human being he'll see the world doesn't revolve around him and stay alive until this initial sadness passes.

Give him something to do, a hobby, something that takes time but always has a feeling of achievement if you put time in, those can be things you do together or just him by himself.

Just keep him as busy as possible to take his mind off his dead wife.
>>
>>35835150
My father died when I was just sixteen years old, my brother way twelve. What kept me sane and running was the fact that I knew that my father wouldn't want me to end myself over him. It was quite a blow for my mother, but she managed to get herself together to get me and my brother across this very sad bridge.
What you need to do is spend time with you father. You are a man, be with him and your brother. Talk about your mother, cry if you need to. There is no shame, you'll need time to deal with this. I had random moments of crying for month after he passed away. If it helps, get a bottle of whiskey and have a drink with the old man. He needs someone to talk to right now, because he's just as fucked as you feel, maybe even worse.
>>
>>35835204
Yeah I have to do this, he has to stay alive not just to help us. But my little brother will feel so cheated out of a childhood with both parents dead and resent me for having them both while they were alive. I juat wish this pain wasnt happening. In just a week everything is going into a nightmare. I need to find him a hobby.

>>35835178
Im trying the best I can, I still have 3 more years of college left and I have no choice but to try and work both together and pray I can find a good enough job
>>
>>35835322
>I need to find him a hobby.
With all due respect, but a man who has lost his wife of 13 years won't be too thrilled to start woodworking or go fishing for quite a while now.
>>
File: 1486280167322.png (415KB, 494x489px) Image search: [Google]
1486280167322.png
415KB, 494x489px
if you think he is gonna do it
be strong for your brother.
i mean losing someone so loved that you shared your life together since 13 must feel like invasive necrosis.
the man is dead inside.
let the man rest.
any family besides your nuclear family?
let them care your brother and finish college
and take back your brother when you can fix your economic situation.
tell your dad that you love him deeply.

be strong, because if he look that you are not gonna make it in life.
he will also think of take you both with him.

so be strong for him, for your brother.
and find psychological help for your brother and you.
after he kill himself.
>>
>>35835058
try to buy some heroin and share it with him
>>
>>35835058
>Get free money
>send little bro away to someone that can take care of him
>finish uni

Boom. You're now better off than the average American.
>>
>>35835478
All we ever had was 4 people. Me, my brother, dad and mom. My dad has 2 brothers but he hates them since they let his mother die when all she wanted was to see them and they thought she wanted money and never showed up and a couple days later she died. So he has held a grudge for them ever since. Thats all the family I have. I dont have much of one at all man, we are so small of a family I feel like on some level we deserve this damn despair
>>
>>35835384
op said his dad is 36 and has been with his wife since he was 13, so they were together 23 years :/
>>
>>35835058
You need to confront your dad about this, you need to let him know he can't just drop his responsibilities onto you. In the case that he dies it is unrealistic that you can look after him, you need to finish school and get stable work. You need to talk to your dad seriously. Don't worry about whatever you say, because if you don't say it, and he dies, none of the will matter.

I can't help much op, but talking to us won't help, you need to talk to your dad asap. Don't leave him alone as much as possible. In a few weeks the initial shock will pass, he will of course be a wreck, but if you get him through a few weeks, the initial edge will be off. Keep an eye on him.
>>
Very few things are more important than the bond between a father and son. His greif over her is blinding him to his love of his two boys. Tell him you're there, tell him he hasn't even lived half of his life yet, and tell him that the pain won't go away, but over time he'll find a way to deal with it.

Also, get him to picture himself in thirty years time. A happy old man with grandchildren who can be resolute in the fact that he got on with it throughout the hard times.

I literally talked to my girlfriend about this tonight and both of us got a bit teary. After being with her for so long and forming such a trusting and deep pairing with another human being, I truly feel sorry for him. I hope you're ok mate, and your dad is too. If you want to talk to someone who won't judge, chuck me your discord or steam or whatever.
>>
File: 1486904913767.png (28KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
1486904913767.png
28KB, 500x594px
>>35835058
I'm sorry op , everyone's time will come eventually just be glad that your mother had a peaceful death and remember the memories with her. But don't drop out college, you gotta push on. And confront your father and talk openly with him , this is what I would do.
>>
>>35835058
Tell him it would be selfish for him to do suicidr isnt an option if u hav 2 kids
>>
>>35835058
it's selfish for you to stop him. if he's griefstricken and wants to be with his wife you should let him
>>
>>35835058

5150 him, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>35835150
>21 and 12
Interestingly, the numbers your ages will be opposites of each other every 11 years. This completely unhelpful post was brought to you by your local autismposter.
>>
>>35837111
Also, praise Kek for accentuating my post with these sweet triple 1's.
>>
Remind him of his sons, and that if he does die you and your brother will remember him as a coward who couldn't face hardships

The last thing I want to know when I die is that my sons will always think of me as a coward
>>
I really am sorry about your struggle OP
I dont have any advice but I hope everything works out in the end for you and your family.
>>
>>35835058
If the fucker wants to die let him die holy shit OP not everything is about you
>>
>>35836907

Van Halen's 7th album won't help
>>
>>35835058
The only advice I can give is to do whatever you can to prevent your father from killing him self
>>
Tell him to man the fuck up, real talk.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.