[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-Aging Drug

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: MiceAgeing_web_600.jpg (19KB, 600x243px) Image search: [Google]
MiceAgeing_web_600.jpg
19KB, 600x243px
Now that there's officially an anti-aging drug that's moving onto human trials and could potentially be on the market by 2020, I have to ask. Assuming the drug is a success, how many of you would live as immortal hermits, at least until you decide to die on your own terms, if you had access to this drug?

Personally, I have Schizoid PD (self-diagnosed) and love the concept of living alone self-sufficiently (my family owns about 100 acres of agricultural land which will eventually get handed down to me). I'm also against the idea of having to play by nature's rules which say we have to die around 100 years old.

Actually, I think you would have to live as a hermit if you're immortal due to potentially losing your sanity by seeing everyone you know die. Thoughts?

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-successfully-reversed-dna-ageing-in-mice
>>
>>35831547
>self diagnosed
kindly end your existance
>>
Yeah blood transfusion of younger mice into older mice.

That's why there's missing children.
>>
>>35831760
You can fuck off. I've had all the traits since I was little and have no reason to ever go to a doctor about it.
>>
>>35831787
If you actually read it you'd know it's the compound NAD+ which is present when we're younger, but decreases over time which results in the DNA damage known as aging. The end product would just be a pill that we could take.
>>
>>35831547

This woman Elizabeth Parrish already got her telomeres extended. We just have to wait and see if her face melts in a few years to see if this age reversal actually works.
>>
>>35831867
Many conditions share symptoms and self-diagnosis is some serious tumblr shit for identity seeking children. Besides, Schizoid traits usually don't manifest before late teens/early adulthood and is rare as fuck.

I've never come across someone who accurately self-diagnosed their psychological problems.
>>
>>35831906
Idk about that woman, but I have more confidence in this method because the scientists said that they couldn't see any biological difference between the young and old mice after treatment.
>>
>>35831957
Obviously the I didn't have it when I was younger, but the early traits of it were definately there like the extreme introversion and voluntary isolation. I think my father has it too which would explain the genetic aspect of it too, but I do get your point about self-diagnosing. I was just mentioning it so people would have a sense of my personality when it came to wanting to be a hermit.
>>
>>35831957
Also, it's not that it's rare in terms of the overall population, but that it's rarely seen in a clinical setting due to people not wanting to tell anyone.

I'd like to get back to the question at hand though. Assuming it's a success would other robots live as ageless hermits, would you not take it, or what?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.