[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cold approaching a meme? A few days ago I started talking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: realistic 2.png (297KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
realistic 2.png
297KB, 421x421px
Is cold approaching a meme? A few days ago I started talking to a girl after class and eventually asked her if she wanted to grab lunch with me. When I asked this, she started laughing and asked if I was serious. I told her yes and asked why she was laughing. She told me that people don't actually just go up to people and try to make friends. I asked her "how else am I supposed to meet new people?" and she told me that I should make friends from my other friends and that no one actually approaches strangers. Obviously I cannot do this as I do not have any friends, but I didn't tell her this, I just told her "suit yourself" and walked away.

Anyway, does cold approaching ever work anymore or is it just meme advice people say to make lonely people make themselves look foolish?
>>
>>35827227
don't do this unless you are actually attractive.
>>
>>35827227
This seems like a really common theme in life.

>need friends to make friends
>need money to make money
>need a job to get a job
>need sexual experience to get sexual experience
>>
>>35827234
I'm clean and in good shape, I think I look about average. What do you suggest I do?

>>35827285
Yeah, it fucking sucks for those of us who had a shitty social life growing up. I remember one job application wanted non-work related references and when I inquired about it they said they wanted stuff like friends.
>>
>>35827234
Bingo. Or if you have like 100 charisma
>>
Dude, what you did was completely normal. You were interacting with her, striking up a conversation. You got balls just going up to this girl like that. Don't let anyone tell you this is weird.
>>
>>35827227
>Anyway, does cold approaching ever work anymore
Are you implying it ever worked? You have an example of it from experience?

People act like cold approches work and you're just not trying hard enough to meet people, but I don't even recall a female ever stopping to have a conversation with me before.
>>
That girl was weird
>>
>>35827227
>does cold approaching ever work
Yeah, in fact I would go so far as to say all of my favourite people I've ever met were a result of being in the right place at the right time.
>>
>>35827227
You've got to have some serious charisma to approach strangers dude. And you can't immediately ask someone to lunch. You have to make some off handed comment to get them to reply, then quickly think of a reply to get them to think a bit. The more off the wall your initial commemt, the more they have to think when they reply. The greater potential for a conversation. If she's interested you'll get her number. Never ask for her number, but if you don't get hers just give her yours.

Then don't call her for at least 2 days. And then see if she wants to hang out. That's for starters. But basically none of this matters if you aren't attractive. But if you aren't attractive, you have to have a ton of charisma.
>>
>>35827227
if you know nothing about them it's a bit weird. normies like to have that social authentication that you aren't weird.

if you were just chatting after class a few times then asked her to lunch, I'd say she's a bit cold. depends on the culture though
>>
>>35827777
Quads checked and witnessed.

Praise kek
>>
>>35827227
don't let that bitch stop you, I find it really nice when people approach me just to talk. Girls like that think everything is black and white, saying "no one does that, it's weird" is just her shitty uptight opinion. If you do it a few more times you'll meet someone who will actually meet you
>>
>>35827227
This is a valid way to get numbers. DO NOT immediately ask girls out after meeting them. Unless you're 10/10 this will not work. Get her number, text her a week and then ask her out.
>>
>>35827227
Her reaction was a lot more weird than your approach. I can imagine yor execution was awkward and out of place, but generally that's the way to go. Keep doing it, eventually you'll find friends and/or date.
>>
>>35827227
She sounds like a turbobitch, you sure dodged a bullet with that one OP
>>
>>35827227
Holy fuck that is awful.

Women actually think like this now?
>>
File: video3.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
video3.gif
2MB, 300x169px
NO ONE APPROACHES ANYONE ANYMORE CUZ TOO BUSY STARING DOWN AT GAY ASS SMART PHONES, BEING BABIED BY SOCIAL MEDIA

GET KEKED HUMANITY BAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>35827227
>no one actually approaches strangers

That's some bullshit right there. You are in the same class so you're not even a real stranger.

People do it in clubs,pubs and parties.
Also people will walk up to a stranger looking to score drugs.
People will talk to you at the bus stop.

She's just insecure OP. Girls reject and insult people when they feel insecure.
>>
>>35827227
Only cold approach somewhere where you have no known presence. Its better in cities than small towns and not good for small towns
>>
>>35827775
I think I've grown to be fairly charismatic (with small amounts of people anyway), I did talk to her for a while before asking her out to lunch. Cracked a few jokes that seemed to hit well but perhaps she laughed to be polite.

>>35827777
Quads on a post like that make me feel better, she was needlessly cold.

>>35827826
I'll keep that in mind, but the way I see it is if they don't want to have lunch with me one time they probably don't want to text me and go out at a later date. It also flowed well to ask her out to lunch at that time, we had been talking while walking out of class and had reached the parking lot, so I knew she must not have a class at that time so I asked if she wanted to keep talking over lunch.
>>
You are supposed to make friends in your early childhood, silly.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.