[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone tried sleep deprivation as cure for depression?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: CJLW8E9WIAApsSI.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CJLW8E9WIAApsSI.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
Anyone tried sleep deprivation as cure for depression?
>>
Doesn't work. Don't do it.
>>
>>35827115
i do it to mild down anxiety
if i know i gonna have to go out i don't sleep
>>
>>35827115
Attempted to
>15 hours awake I got a headache that ibuprofen covered well
>24 hours awake, getting muscle cramps and feel like I have a hangover
>36 hours awake, vision starts to get squiggles
>40 hours awake I got an intractable migraine
>48 hours awake, start to actually hallucinate mice and bugs
>55 hours awake, basically retarded and cannot function
>?? hours awake, start micronapping but that lasts only briefly before I lose consciousness
>wake up, its been 3 days and some change, feel like I've been beaten half to death and I'm alternating between crying and complete catatonia
Not worth it desu
>>
>>35827115
It makes my hair loss worse
>>
>>35827115
Sure, and things can get super funny because you're mentally fatigued past what you're used to. Things can also get weird and you can start feeling sickly.

Longest I did was five days and four nights. Started getting really cold and sweaty so I showered and passed out just for fear of my health.

Some parts are rad tho.
>>
>>35827115
dont be stupid like the shitheads itt, anti depressant sleep deprivation means like 3 hours of sleep a day, not staying awake for a week.
and yea, it can very well help you, depends on you actually.
try it ffs.
>>
made this thread, because in friday i spend all night on ritalin and fapping. At 5 am i thought its not worth to sleep. Next day i used small doses of ritalin to stay awake and not suffer. I was in state hard to describe: not very creative and capable doing more than basic tasks, but i felt and relaxed. Not caring in place of this constant desire to being and doing shit, which makes me unhappy. Through the day i had some audio halucinations, i constantly heard some buzzing in ears, wondering at first do i disabled my vibrator. Falling asleep at 5:am, and sleeping through 18, mum insulted me for bbeing useless shit i insulted her, family hellhole, however experience itself interesting, feels bit kathartic now. I even started to wonder how unhealthy is night of not sleeping every week
>>35827288
interesting. How to wake up after 3 hours? I imagine its way more difficult than not sleeping at all
>>
>>35827247
I sleep on average 90 minutes a day and have done for the past 4 weeks because of work / uni commitments on top of needing to do everything at home for my useless body family

I teeter between angery and euphoria, it isn't great, but boy do I get shit done.
>>
>>35827649
How the fuck is that possible? I wish I could do it.
>>
>>35827797
Drugs

Novel insinuation
>>
>>35827247
>Sure, and things can get super funny because you're mentally fatigued past what you're used to
This, reducing my sleeping frequency actually improves my quality of life. I used to sleep only every other night. After waking up I had a boring, average day, but the night was quite fun, and then when it was time for work/class my second wind would kick in. When I got back from work/class I immediately went to sleep for ~12 hours and woke up at about five AM ready to start the cycle all over again. It's also nice because I started to enjoy sleeping this way, as opposed to normally trying to fall asleep, which can take 2+ hours for me. My dad made me stop doing it though, he woke up to me laughing at four AM one day and he said I had to sleep every night or he'd kick me out.
>>
>>35827115
Yes, I have.

It numbs the depression so to speak, but my productivity is even worse than when regularly depressed.

I don't recommend it.
>>
>>35827115
Tried it, passed out miserable at almost 40 hours in i think?
>>
Earlier in the semester i had a very heavy schedule that had me only sleeping about 3-5 hours on weeknights. Perpetually tired, but still very active mind that didn't let me fall asleep easily (ADHD made worse by lack of sleep?). I definitely felt better mood wise, and the tiredness gave a sense of not-giving-a-fuck which helped in social interactions. Girls like that shit, apparently. As soon as i got a full night 10+ hours of decent sleep, i felt depression return.
>>
Yes. It didn't cure my depression but it helped derealize everything.
>>
I've used it for social anxiety. It makes you not really care about what people are thinking of you because you're so tired.
>>
>>35830245

>>35831241
exactly

originalboooeoeroekrok
>>
>>35827115
Less anxious but more depersonalized
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.