[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>normies pay $460 for autism shoes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

>normies pay $460 for autism shoes
>>
nah, normies wouldn't wear that. that's more /fa/ggot shit
>>
>>35820730
Honestly the people who are into "streetwear" are usually autistic as fuck. They aren't cool people, thats why they got into streetwear in the first place. You would never see a Chad wearing shoes like that.
>>
File: explain this.jpg (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
explain this.jpg
21KB, 600x600px
someone explain this normie shit to me
>>
File: m990gl4_nb_34_i.jpg (140KB, 1600x550px) Image search: [Google]
m990gl4_nb_34_i.jpg
140KB, 1600x550px
>>35820730
>not waiting for sales
>not buying cheaper good sneakers
>retards pay $165 to look retarded
>>
>>35820826
I doubt you can find it on sale since it's sold out everywhere.
I feel like this limited release designer sneaker sham is just a way for poor people to act like rich people who collect art.
>>
>>35820767
see >>>/fa/ also Chads don't know how to dress
>>35820794
hype brand with cool designs on some pieces that's mostly hyped by collabs and celebrities. honestly not that bad.
>>35820854
its not uncommon to find Raf Simons on sale on sites like ssense and end or something. these are a nice cw so these sell out pretty quickly. secondhand market is probably best bet on these.
>>
>>35820891
If you're decent looking and have a decent body you don't need to know how to dress.
>>
>>35820891
>claiming people don't know how to dress
>defending people who pay hundreds for this shitty sneaker
/fa/utists have to be the most brainwashed goons on the planet
>>
I wish I could dress /fa/ but my body type doesn't fit the clothes, I'm too muscular.
>>
>>35820730

Oswego is a hellhole. I hope that wasn't the inspiration for the name.
>>
File: latest.jpg (37KB, 225x349px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
37KB, 225x349px
>>35820730
>autism
>autism speech
>autism looks
>autism walk
>autism medication
>autism shoes
IM SO FU KIVF TIRED OF VRIBF ABF AYRUSY GSCR SY UX TGUZVH HAPRVYNF TO ME I DONT GEY IT I DONT FOCKING FET IT FUXXCCCCKKJIBF RRRREESWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EK I WABBA BE BORMAL
>>
File: goodjob.jpg (24KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
goodjob.jpg
24KB, 398x500px
>>35820923
>>literally every chad is dressed like a buffoon
> brainwashed

ok friend
>>
>>35820730
if you don't think this shoe looks cool, you're beyond helping
>>
>>35820967

I guess they're alright if you're 14 and want to impress your homies in gym class.
>>
>>35820987
Let's see some shoes you think are just so much cooler, mr. coolboy?
>>
>>35820959
If you pay for those sneakers you're a brainwashed consumerist slave.
>>
>>35821002

I don't buy shoes to impress people, nor do i judge another man by what he's got on his feet.
>>
>>35820891
>hype brand with cool designs on some pieces that's mostly hyped by collabs and celebrities. honestly not that bad.
>defending the suprememe
>>
>>35820987
neckbeard autists don't have friends to impress so i guess this board doesn't need them
>>
>>35821042
>not having supreme boxers on your dick
>not having supreme box logo on your chest
>not having supreme keychain on your keys
>not having supreme wallet in your pocket
>not having supreme metrocard in your wallet

it's like you like autism or something
>>
File: 8833CarlyleDkChili2016.jpg (43KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
8833CarlyleDkChili2016.jpg
43KB, 850x850px
>>35821045

If you really want to know, pic related are my daily wears. I have an identical pair in black. They're excellent shoes for an accountant, comfortable and stylish without being ostentatious.
>>
>>35820967
The heel is a little big on this one, but you can get the idea.
>>
>>35821133
>>35821219
I'm glad I don't have to wear these kinda of shoes for work.
How much do they cost?

Do they click on linoleum flooring? My old dress shoes did that and it made me self conscious.
>>
>>35821133
>comparing sneakers to workwear
the levels of autism start here dont they
>>
>>35821030
Pip pip sir, I too am a non-judgmental advanced intellectual who does not care for the dressing habits of this world. I wear for comfort and attend all events wearing gray sweatpants and a white t-shirt. Whether it's a date, job interview, funeral, or wedding, my garments never change; it is I, the supreme intellect, who recognizes that any judgments to my detriment related to my clothing are simply the opinions of lesser intellectuals, peons who do not understand how much smarter I am than themselves.

When will you all start dressing in gray sweatpants and a t-shirt? CLOTHING IS A SCAM! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>35821030
"I don't care what I look like and I put zero effort into my appearance."

"also why am I a virgin loser who can't get a job"

yeah I wonder why you're in your current situation. it's a real mystery.
>>
>>35821287
Not that anon, but you can dress well enough for the situation without falling for meme "fashion" shit that exists to scam rubes out of money.
Not buying $460 autism sneakers doesn't mean you dress like Richard Stallman 24/7.
>>
>>35821133
>>35821219
Ok, so you're a Menswear autist.

Just so you know, your ill-fitting and poorly color-matched button up shirt tucked into $35.00 walmart dress khakis instantly sets you apart as a fucking loser. Nobody goes to a party wearing this shit you dumb fuck.
>>
File: knee-bursae.jpg (20KB, 306x340px) Image search: [Google]
knee-bursae.jpg
20KB, 306x340px
>>35820967
would step on heels/10
>>
>>35821351
>not getting bespoke dress wear in vietnam
>>
File: VFF01309_982510[1].jpg (164KB, 1000x681px) Image search: [Google]
VFF01309_982510[1].jpg
164KB, 1000x681px
>>35821030
Ugh thank god, finally someone who won't judge me for wearing my favorite shoes. Let's hang out all the time, man! I'll follow you everywhere looking cool with my awesome comfy shoes haha. Please respond
>>
>>35820959
>"literally every chad is dressed like a buffoon"

>brainwashed
Yes.
>>
>>35821268

I wear them casually too. they're pretty comfy. I have some ratty old boat shoes work around the house.

>>35821287
this comment is amusing

>>35821311
What current situaion?
>>
>>35821351
I'm actually 31 so... and I don't wear those shitty brands, I just had to find something quick.

>>35821379
Shit like Indochino? I ordered a shirt from there years ago -- it was total shit. The only reason I gave it a shot is because I'm so damn tall and skinny nobody made my size. I have since gained enough weight to look decent in some medium tall slim fit shirts with minor tailoring.
>>
>>35820730
That isn't an autism shoe that's a black shoe
>>
>>35820794
It's a NYC/la thing
>>
>>35821351

My shirts are all tailored. It's surprisingly cheap. The paki that does the work charges $5 per alteration - he used run the entire fitting dept. at Hickey Freemen.
>>
>>35820891
> Chad's don't know how to dress
Yet they still get laid more than you.
>>
>>35821420

i guess even I have my limits. Point taken.
>>
>>35821433
ok
>>35821447
being 31 your style makes sense, this type of fashion is more suitable for teens to like 25ish.
>>35821475
basically
>>35821485
and i get more laid than you anon :)
>>
>>35821447
No I mean actually going to vietnam and going to tailor.
I think indochina makes theirs in china.
>>
>>35821517
The point is that you judge every person every day for what they wear.

The fact that you're against Ozweegos means that you are by definition judgmental of what people choose to wear. Whether you realize it or not, you form ideas about people based on what they are wearing, because that's an integral part of how they present themselves to the world. The vast majority of all communication is non-verbal, and the way you choose to present yourself to the world says a lot about you. It's denial of reality to say that you don't pay attention to those cues, unless you have a real case of severe autism.
>>
>>35821575
>The vast majority of all communication is non-verbal
Source?
>>
>>35821575

But I'm not against them. I wouldn't wear them, personally, but I wouldn't care one or another if someone in front of me was wearing them.

As far as the rest of what you said, yes, your appearance is important if you're going to a job interview or trying to attract a mate. But if I saw you on the subway, I could really care less about what your wearing.
>>
File: pipe cat.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
pipe cat.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
another reddit tier thread on a reddit tier board
>>
>>35821263

They were expensive ($350 US), but they're nice. They came with a 1 year warranty. They're well crafted though, and the leather is very high quality. I've had them for 3 years and they still look mint after a proper polishingh and buffing
>>
>>35821590
.. Any communication 101 class in college?
This isn't something that can be "sourced" because it is now so uncontroversial that it's on the level of .com sites run by amateurs on google.

http://www.nonverbalgroup.com/2011/08/how-much-of-communication-is-really-nonverbal

Only 7% of any given message is through words.
The other 93% is all nonverbal. Again, this is a simple fact and nobody debates it.

What if I said "I really care about your feelings" while speaking with a gentle tone and looking directly into your eyes, using open body language?

Now what if I quickly said "I really care about your feelings" with a sarcastic and annoyed tone of voice, while walking directly away from you, and then laughing pretentiously?

Now what if I said "I really care about your feelings" in an extremely angry yelling voice, with a red face, while using wild aggravated gestures, and throwing a vase at you from across the room?

Now what if I said "I really care about your feelings" in a sadistic voice, while slowly cutting your jugular vein with a pocket knife and licking up the blood while humming with satisfaction?

The verbal message is exactly the same in every one of those scenarios, but it's very clear that the message is EXTREMELY different between all of those things. The clothing you wear every day is a large part of how the world sees you, because it is a large part of your communication. When you dress in an ugly t-shirt you got at walmart and put through 25 wash and dry cycles to sap all of the color out of it, you're communicating to every single person you see that day that you don't care about how you look and you're lazy and unkempt.
>>
>>35821735

What would you like to talk about? You sound like you bring a lot to the table conversation-wise.
>>
>>35821715
>But if I saw you on the subway, I could really care less about what your wearing.
And some people prefer to be dressed well all of the time because nobody can predict when they will meet someone interesting. Some people want to make a good first impression on others. Just because you don't give a shit about that doesn't mean everyone else should be the same way.
>>
>>35821850

I can only speak for myself, desu. Do you live your life constantly worried about what everyone else thinks about you and what you're wearing?
>>
>>35820794
I think it was founded by skaters in NYC, their clothes are decent but people think they're the shit because they're expensive
>>
>>35821883
Yes I do, and that's why I'm a well-adjusted human being with a 6 figure job and a hot girlfriend. Spending a small amount of time and money on dressing myself well has made me at least $25,000/year richer, and that's only one aspect of my life.
>>
>>35820730
TAKE THAT BACK
BITCHES LOVE THE 'WEEGOS
>>
cheap steel toed work boots are the only true robot shoes
>>
>>35821963
>I'm a well-adjusted human being with a 6 figure job and a hot girlfriend
Sure you are, bud ;)
>>
>>35822031
Believe what you want. You can sit steeped in autism and depression, or you can invest a couple hundred dollars and 10 hours of your time for an improved quality of life for the rest of your life. It's an easy decision to me, but if you'd like to wear dadjeans and plain hoodies the rest of your life then that's your right. Just know that by "not caring about what you wear," you're constantly communicating to every person you ever meet that you are a boring, generic person who lacks initiative and pride.
>>
>>35821963

I have a similar thing going on in my own life. Not quite at 100k, but the cost of living where I am is quite low - so my 80k goes farther than most. kudos to you for having a gf who is hot as fuck. I'm single, but I date and i have fun.

In regards to your approach, I could never do it. But then, I really never had a problem with my appearance anyways. I don't know what that kind of paranoia is like to constantly care what others think about you. It sounds like an awful way to live, and like there's a tinge of narcissism in there. But good luck with everything in life - I hope it works out for you.
>>
>>35822088
I'm not even the guy you were replying to before. I just think it's funny that you're so self-conscious you even lie about your job and having a hot girlfriend on an anonymous image board.
You sound like you need to work on your self esteem. I feel bad for you.
>>
>>35822129
I think it's funny that you're so insecure you backpedal into projection when you're clearly demonstrated to be wrong in an argument online. Just swallow the loss, it's not hard. You don't need to speculate about my psychological well-being just because you lost an argument online.

You need to work on your self esteem. I feel bad for you.
>>
File: mens-diehard-work-boots.png (318KB, 810x450px) Image search: [Google]
mens-diehard-work-boots.png
318KB, 810x450px
>>35822022
forgot the pic, I have the ones on the left. not as slip resistant as I had hoped, but serviceable
>>
>>35822189
Didn't think you would get that triggered. Sorry that I hurt your feelings.
>>
>>35822262

Should've went with the ones on the right
>>
File: 1478275094055.jpg (86KB, 423x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1478275094055.jpg
86KB, 423x1021px
>>35822274
WOW, I really ticked your autism. I'm sorry but you can't wear this outfit every day and be taken seriously as an adult :(

Mommy wants you to grow up
>>
>>35822309
That was a very quick response. This is clearly a very emotional issue for you. Again, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.
>>
>>35822375
And i'm sorry for hurting yours.
>>
File: 1489284441475.jpg (104KB, 936x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1489284441475.jpg
104KB, 936x1055px
>>35821813
>source: The Nonverbal Group
Nice... lets see what they say
>He found that 7% of any message is conveyed through words
Uh oh they lied!
If you actually look at the study the author states
>Total Liking = 7% Verbal Liking + 38% Vocal Liking + 55% Facial Liking. Please note that this and other equations regarding relative importance of verbal and nonverbal messages were derived from experiments dealing with communications of feelings and attitudes (i.e., like-dislike). Unless a communicator is talking about their feelings or attitudes, these equations are not applicable. Also see references 286 and 305 in Silent Messages - these are the original sources of my findings.
It only studied judging of positive and negative mood using a single spoken word.
No basis to make the claim "The vast majority of all communication is non-verbal",
>The clothing you wear every day is a large part of how the world sees you, because it is a large part of your communication
This is even worse considering none of the studies had to do with fucking clothes, but facial expressions and body language let alone that even with his figure 45% is still vocal communication which obviously doesn't apply to clothes.
So you're left with 55% being non-vocal i.e. likely visual from two studies studying extremely simple communication of mood using a single spoken word, and most of the visual communication is likely to be from facial expressions and body language not clothes.

I like how vague statements that make a good headline are extrapolated and get touted as obvious fact in social sciences without taking the context of research into account.
No wonder they're having a replication crisis lmao
>>
>>35821813
>>35822474

Thanks armchair research analysts. I'll be sure to read both of these incredible pieces of thought-provoking information.
>>
File: image.jpg (887KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
887KB, 3264x2448px
>>35821091
Ayyyyyy
Best boxer briefs/10

Black is life
>>
>>35821351
>Walmart dress khakis

Kek stop boasting about where your parents buy your clothes at, I'm sorry if that's all you can afford
>>
>>35822474
Wow man look at how pseudo-intellectual you are! Very impressive!

Good job justifying wearing autism clothes every day! It's a really great thing that you spent all this time and effort into formulating the argument that you should continue to live a shitty and unfulfilling life, struggling to maintain any meaningful interpersonal relationships! I'm glad you're here :)
>>
>>35822619
>actually checking the source instead of trusting some dipshit website is being pseudo-intellectual
Next time actually look for some research that supports your claim :^)
>>
>>35822698
I did a 2 sec google search and took the top result fucking idiot. Like I said, this is a completely uncontroversial claim. Even if you are totally right about everything you said, it doesn't change the fact that nonverbals accoutn for the vast, vast, vast majority of all communication, therefore what the fuck is the point of your gay argument?

Also why are you arguing so hard for wearing shitty clothes that make you look like the fucking loser who stands in a corner at a party by himself? Is that really where you want to be in life? I don't understand your agenda and why you're so vehemently against presenting yourself well to others and making a lasting good impression.
>>
File: 1490552070878.jpg (56KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490552070878.jpg
56KB, 480x360px
>>35820730
I have the shoes in your pic only in a different color scheme. I love them, they're comfy, and they look fucking cool. Yes I spent $400 on them but I don't care, I have disposable income and life is short.
>>
>>35822762
imagine being this cunt's parents?
>>
>>35822928

kek'd audibly

originillio
>>
>>35822874
The phone call that saved my fashion sense
>>
>>35822762
>it doesn't change the fact that nonverbals accoutn for the vast, vast, vast majority of all communication
Where's your source?
All this pop sci shit traces back to the same study from Mehrabian.
Even better a more recent study found the opposite result.
http://guilfordjournals.com/doi/abs/10.1521/jscp.1992.11.2.119
>this is a completely uncontroversial claim
According to who? Your dipshit communications 101 lecturer who couldn't even get research position?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.