[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you bros work construction? I want to know about what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1490463643387.jpg (313KB, 819x566px) Image search: [Google]
1490463643387.jpg
313KB, 819x566px
Any of you bros work construction? I want to know about what to do for my first day on the job as a sider
>>
So, it's pretty much customary to blow all of your co-workers your first day. There's that. You should also bring coffee too.
>>
>>35818848
commit the suicide now desu
>>
>>35818921
Then there's that too. But seriously, they'll razz you if you don't blow 'em.
>>
>>35818809
Since you're new you'll mostly do sanding or painting. Just a note, when you're sanding, don't remove the plaster entirely, just brush the parts that are not smooth or have lines in them. Painting is pretty easy, but make sure that you wear a helmet or eye goggles because some paint might end up on your face. And make sure you apply the same amount of force while you are painting with a roller.
>>
>>35818809
What practical experience do you have related to siding? What does the crew you're joining do primarily? Residential or commercial? Hardi and vinyl? cedar clap and shake? A wide variety? What's your location? I have done a little siding, but mostly residential rough framing for the last couple of years. Give me some more info and I can answer some of your questions.
>>
>>35818848
...and donuts.
>>
Electrician is the way to go
>>
File: 1454515563272.png (659KB, 772x566px) Image search: [Google]
1454515563272.png
659KB, 772x566px
You'll be on the side
>>
>>35819246
you sound educated and I'm not. I've been looking around and it looks like vinyl siding since they do modern construction. I've done clean-up work on construction sites and that's it
>>
>>35819766,
Show up with a minimum of tool belt loaded with hammer (straight claw 18 oz+ smooth face), cats paw, speed square, razor knife, chalk line, and nail sets. If you're working with wood add a sharp block plane and 1" chisel. Add hardhat, eye pro, ear pro, gloves if you're working commercial or high visibility job sites. All other tools should be provided. Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Your duties will primarily consist of keeping the site clean, humping materials, and most likely installing under supervision. Everyone knows you're a rookie and they should help you out. Just act like a man and you'll be fine. Hope I helped.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.