[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the best place to be homeless /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (263KB, 1701x1129px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
263KB, 1701x1129px
Where's the best place to be homeless /r9k/?
>>
>>35816767

SoCal

I live here and theres homeless yuoung people everywhere
>>
In your mind.
Imagine the freedom that would bring, if only (you) could free yourself.
>>
>>35816797
literally this. This is the best place for the rest of us for you to be homeless. When I make more money, I will be handing out bus tickets to LA to any homeless person I see.
>>
It depends on your financial situation.

If you actually have some passive income, then a zero-tax state with low living costs is best.

But if you do not have a dime to your name, then liberal states like CA would be best.

Then again, if you have a service record, somewhere that treats veterans kindly like VA would be even better.

In short, it all depends. You have to work all of the goddamn angles on that shit.
>>
>>35816797
>>35816858
quit begging for cigarettes and find somewhere to shower you smelly faggots
>>
I hear NYC has homeless shelters that look like hotels
>>
>>35816767

Miami isn't bad.
>>
File: 1490477148065.jpg (437KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490477148065.jpg
437KB, 1280x960px
>>35816767
New york city by far. Especially if you are a robot.

>>35816797
Nope
>>
>>35817575
>>35817651
the winter months will fucking kill you if youre homeless fuck off
>>
>>35816767
In a home
>>
File: tumblr_mm18swkqxQ1sp1ug4o1_500.gif (995KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm18swkqxQ1sp1ug4o1_500.gif
995KB, 480x360px
>>35817726
No they will not. There are plenty of warm cozy places to stay in during the winter. Why do you think there are so many live homles people still?
Just stay in a library during the day, stick the late night bars at night. Prioritize finding a homeless shelter and apply for a planet fitness membership to use their showers and stay clean.
>>
>>35817651
I'm in upstate and might take the bus down to NYC because I'm bored. How hard is it to be homeless there?
>>
File: IMG_2522.gif (724KB, 450x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2522.gif
724KB, 450x240px
God I fucking hate homeless people, i'm stuck in a city for three days and every time i've gone outside my hotel (8 times) I get at least one homeless person come up to me and ask for money. One even came to my table at a panera and asked if I could buy him a meal, all of them were black too. Homeless people are scum and it is their own damned fault.
>>
>>35817868
Not everyone wants to live in an empty field
>>
SoCal if you want to get kidnapped by the cartels and forced into slavery; Florida if you want to spend the rest of your days in paradiso.
>>
>>35817821
No one is going to let a smelly bum sleep in their bar stfu.
If that were the case then they wouldn't have room for regular customers since it would be full vagrants.
>>
>>35818027
I think SoCal has the best quality of life for homeless

Florida is the capital of frat boys killing homeless isn't it?
>>
>>35817906
Still beats living in a city filled with niggers and hobos. And god, there is 1 thing that triggers me, littering and I just fucking ree at the homeless leeches that exist, throwing their trash on the ground when they're in a fucking park with trashcans.
>>
The best place to be homeless is "Anywhere." You don't want to be a homebum (a homeless person who lives homelessly in one place); instead, you want to be constantly traveling (obviously sticking to the warm areas during the cold seasons).
>>
>>35818234
Are you sure it's the homeless doing that, did you see them? Very convenient that you can pin all problems on a group that you've dehumanized.
>>
>>35818081
>Florida is the capital of frat boys killing homeless isn't it?

Kek, I wouldn't be surprised if true
>>
>>35816767
Portland
Just get a guitar and gym membership. Hang out around pet store and cat ladies either give you money or give you pussy because they can find no man
>>
>>35818081
Maybe it is, but Key West is the ideal place to be homeless: 60+ weather 365 days a year (no need for shelter, just hide in a bush), no one will know you're homeless because of all the tourists, and tourists themselves are an easy source of money (if you have a talent you can busk with) and food (constant tourism means restraunts are making more food than necessary all the time and throwing it out).
>>
>>35818344
Well i'm pinning it on nigger homeless people, O come from MN (a real white state) yet every homeless person i've seen, stealing from my store, begging, while i've volunteered at a homless shelter, has been a nigger.
>>
>>35818081
We have high hate crime rates here in Florida, and on the news once they did say homeless get murdered here too often. I figure it's because homeless move here to escape winter, but FL makes you smell even worse, and humans see them as how they smell (they say memories are most triggered by smell so you see walking trash that you were taught as a child to see as worse than worthless). So yeah, bad combination to have.

>>35816767
Homelessness is becoming illegal, so jail. Alternativly if you have a job, you could pay to live in the woods legally. One state I have MY EYES on, allows you to book up to 27 days at a time. They have water an electric near by in some places for my tent. MY FUTURE. So my vote is the woods but in an area that is reasonable, because sometimes the prices are too high.
>>
>>35816767
I don't want to homeless because That's scary shit I'm in NV I'm not sure how they treat the homeless here
>>
>>35817867

Where upstate?
>>
>>35816797
i lived near orange county and was close to being homeless, and i wonder, are you allowed to sleep on the beach? thatd be awesome if so. all the homeless ppl should be allowes to pitch a tent and just camp on the beach every night and chill. and they have those little showers right there too by the bathrooms. seems pretty cash
>>
>>35817868
I also hate the homeless. If they were coming to my table while I were eating I would go ape shit. And I hate when people give them anything. All they're doing is incentivizing them to continue begging. They need to just go to the shelter/food kitchen and stop polluting the rest of the city with their stinking, panhandling, eye-sore presence.
>>
>>35818970
That would drive away the money, so I doubt it. Homeless people being everywhere does the same thing as having one dirty looking house in a row of nice ones, damages the property value of them all, and the rich don't move in, thus hurting the entire areas economy. That's why the homeless get wrecked. The greed of their area. So I doubt it. It's more likely they cannot do anything to you if you slept on a sail boat you owned though. Another idea is cabin boat. Getting your sailors license is hardcore though, in comparison to drivers license, and I know how you autsists are with that crashed into a car myself first try getting mine to be honest
>>
i wonder if in the future, if they will maybe wall off an entire state and shipp all the homeless from everywhere to live there and survive on their own. kind of like escape from new york.
>>
>>35818344
>dehumanized
Eat dog shit, faggot. They dehumanize themselves.
>>
>>35816767
New meme city boi
>>
>>35817575
>that look like hotels
Are hotels.
>>
>>35817868
>choice extsts
Why are you even on the r9k. Self hating bastard? Or normalfaggot?

>technically if you die of cancer it's your own fault even if it's genetic

>>35818971
>go ape shit over someone begging me for something
Guess who's more obnoxious?

Some shelters cost money you realise. And you get arrested sometimes for being homeless, and then sometimes you have to pay the jail back, so it becomes a revolving door just because they're not well enough to even get on a check. What do you expect? I'd expect some empathy from you. If you cannot handle having a job the world doesn't just magically take care of you.
>>
Cambridge, MA.

Progressive place, people will help you out with no problem. I lived there for a year and homeless people were always around, there are also multiple shelters and warm places that people can sleep which is also cool
>>
>>35818970

No, its own by property owners, home owners, the state, and they guard it hard af. They try to push the homeless inland, that's why Anaheim has so many. But in SD though, I saw so homeless people like blocks away from the beach. Im sure they're hanging around the area that the cops don't guard
>>
>>35819116
Choosing an alternative lifestyle is not dehumanizing. Some people don't want to live in a box for their entire lives. "Homeless" is a misnomer: the world is their home.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>>35816767
Baltimore, Maryland
> pic related
>>
I keep reading how certain people 'hate' the homeless etc. I have been homeless in the past. When I rented a flat, the landlord said X y and z to me about how I'd be one of his long term residents etc. It all turned out to be bullshit.

While I agree, the vast majority of homeless may be there by their own actions, some are not. It isn't fitting to tar everyone with the same brush due to generalisations.

And while I agree also, many are raging alcoholics, drug addicts, and the like. Some were like that before they became homeless, some developed an addiction due to the stress of not being able to eat, sleep, wash, turn on a heater, being able to close the door and feel safe on command.

So to those people, please remove your heads from your asses and try to envision a week of having none of those aforementioned luxuries or money. You'll crumble in 3 hours.
>>
File: give_feels.png (22KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
give_feels.png
22KB, 1024x683px
>>35819805

I'm going to try being a vagabond soon. Any advice? I can't fit into normie life so this is my only out.
>>
>>35820928
You won't last
>>
>>35819805
haha beeble rnt homeless of der own volition u jux dun unnastand XDDDDD

fuck off retard.
>>
>>35820928
You'll get better advice (i.e., from actual vagabonds) in /out/'s homeless general.
>>35820982
Last what? You know it's not particularly difficult to be a homeless traveler, getting food, for example, is very easy and virtually never a concern. Do you really think people just die if they don't have a 9-5?
>>
>>35821125
>>35821125

I go to /out/ and it's just people yelling at each other for being leeches or something. It's constant shitposting.
>>
>>35816767
Hawaii

Original
>>
>>35816767
prolly like a small town with good friendly churchgoing community, meet people and if you're a good person someone will help you out
>>
I have an idea....
GET A FUCKING JOB FAGGOT!
>>
>>35821173
Yeah, but there are real guys in the there who know what they're talking about. You have to ignore the shit talk. Lurk those threads for as long as you've got and you'll know what do by the time you set out. Once you get out there you will realize it's not as scary as you thought and that people who hate homeless stick to internet shit talking, while everyone else tries to help you.
>>
>>35821337

I have a good idea of what to bring, but I'm still unsure of things like hitchhiking or squatting. Busking is also something I might have to rely on despite being an asocial roboto.
>>
File: 1466710448142.jpg (101KB, 484x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466710448142.jpg
101KB, 484x750px
>>35820928
Newspaper between layers of clothes makes a good insulator for cold days.
>>
>>35821269
Some people can't get jobs because they have no proof of identity. What's your solution then, genius?
>>
>>35821362
Do NOT hitchhike ever in America.

You will be raped or killed. If you have a destination in mind, pan handle until you have enough cash to buy a bus ticket but never hitchhike.
>>
>>35822449
Wrong, you watch too many bad movies: hitchhiking is plenty safe as long as you use your best judgement. You are more likely to die in a crash than be murdered or raped. Still, I think cycling or walking are better modes of transportation for a vagabond, especially one that wants to really see the country.
>>
>>35822649
your funeral then
>>
>>35817575
Nyc fag here
Winter can be the fucking worst for bums,night time gets cold real quick and will keep you up from all that shivering
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.