[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dad wants me to major in Engineering >not smart An hero when?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: yWRigl6B.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
yWRigl6B.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>dad wants me to major in Engineering
>not smart

An hero when?
>>
>>35815402
Noone enrolls in a degree "smart" dumbass, thats why you're paying all that money, for them to teach you
>>
>>35815490
You need to be smart to understanding the concepts obviously and get accepted into the field

herr durr
>>
Depends where you go as to whether it is going to be as bad as you think. It won't be easy no matter where you go, but there can be a big difference between hard, and I-want-to-end-my-life-this-is-so-impossible hard.

If you go somewhere which offers it and the program is not massively acclaimed, which usually means it weeds out the weak, then yuo might find it a bit easier, and even so you can go far with just hard work even if you say you are not smart.
>>
File: 1490506902296.jpg (91KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1490506902296.jpg
91KB, 512x512px
>>35815402
You only need to get up to Calc 3 for engineering, which is 1 and 2 together but on 3d planes. Calc is hard but its not impossible.

Just thought Id help, even though I know its bait

Im probably gonna have to do engineering, seeing that physics isnt a promising or worth the money.

Dont you hate that a junkie fuck is smarter than you?

Thats gotta be way more crushing than what chad does?
>>
>>35815517
You're just lazy and would rather count yourself out and claim that your intelligence is in the way than working hard

its engineering, not fucking quantum physics
>>
>>35815402
This is my third times redoing lin Al, I should probably just kill myself.
>>
>>35815583
Quantum physics is way easier than some topics of a typical engineering curriculum, like thermodynamics for example.

>>35815402
If you were more or less okay with high achool math and physics, you will be most likely fine. Nowadays standards are so low they even let women pass.
>>
>>35815578
tbqh i really dont care, your life not mine
>>
>>35815578
>junkie fuck is smarter than you

That is one of the most true and yet demoralisingly unfair things about tertiary education.
>>
>>35815717
Good, good. Appreciate to candid answer.

>>35815715
Yeah waves, light, heat, and subatomic particles its basic equations

diff q and wave equations which is under Lin Algebra which is quantum mechanics is when it gets hard.

Relativity is also pretty fucked I thjnk you are working with 3 spacial and one time dimension
>>
File: 1486087028176.jpg (28KB, 419x503px) Image search: [Google]
1486087028176.jpg
28KB, 419x503px
>tfw engineering pay is absolute dogshit in my country unless you can prove you are better than the plethora of engineers around, in which case you would get paid just as well in any other field
>>
>>35815764
Yep, its a joke. I used to be a pysch major switched to biochem because it was a complete joke.. you know how many whores have fucking psych degrees?
>>
Your dad can't live your life for you. Study something that you can both enjoy doing and make a decent living from doing
>>
>>35815780
Special relativity is easy until you get into tensor notation and field equations. I never took general because i can imagine it is even more difficult.
>>
>>35815979
Not OP, but there is literally nothing like this that I qualify for.
>>
>>35815979
>enjoy
Everyone says this but what the flying fuck am I supposed to enjoy that is a major? Chemistry? Stats? Oh whoopety fuckin do, such great fun, im sure ill be happy !
>>
>>35816025

What is something that you enjoy doing, regardless of employment prospects?
>>
dude, run
trust me, its hell
how do i know? i am in hell
run
>>
>>35816119

Maybe enjoy isn't the best word. Something you can tolerate, and have some interest in, would be better. It doesn't have to be something that you dedicate your existence to.
>>
>>35816120
Nothing. orginial. I said original let me post you fucking robot.
>>
>>35815992
I thought General covered Special, special is just Lorentz transformations, I think.
>>
>>35816119
Chem is better suited with pharmacology. Go in the drug direction with Chem. Thats what my plan was.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.