[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>climate change is real and we should do something about it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1489845681104.jpg (99KB, 800x869px) Image search: [Google]
1489845681104.jpg
99KB, 800x869px
>climate change is real and we should do something about it
>climate change isn't real and we should do nothing

Why does this false dichotomy exists? What if I think climate change is real and we still shouldn't do something about it?
>>
>>35810804
Hmmmm interesting.....ish....
However, that's actually truth.
Corporations will say
>climate change isn't real and we should do nothing
but in reality
climate change is real and we still shouldn't do something about it

Interesting point. Makes me wonder wether it's a point at all.
>>
reminds me of when I get into a pro-life/pro-choice discussion and piss off both sides.

>"what do you mean abortion is technically murder?"
>"what? how is infanticide acceptable?"

climate change is like overpopulation. it's a self-solving issue. not something we have to worry about. we'll adjust as necessary when our backs are against a wall. that's what humans do.
>>
>>35810804
>>35810804
>What if I think climate change is real and we still shouldn't do something about it?

I agree 100%. I hope this fucking planet burns and humanity is wiped out.
>>
File: 1475717371610.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1475717371610.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
Climate change isn't real, but we should reduce carbon emissions anyway.
>>
>>35810973

Agreed as well. Of course abortion is murder. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

I wish every baby was aborted.
>>
>>35811019
Still a valid opinion imo
>>
>>35811019

Why? We should destroy the planet as soon as possible so that it goes back to plankton and algae only.
>>
>>35811019
>>35811050
Won't make a difference. We should be preparing for Dust Bowl 2: Electric Boogaloo instead.
>>
>>35810804
Nobody argues that climate change isn't real anymore, the three points of contention are is it manmade, how bad could it get, and can we do something about it.
>>
>>35811162
Never understood the argument about if it's man made or not... The Lion's share of proof about global warming iirc is stuff like ice core samples, tree rings, and otherwise fossilized or preserved materials. They show massive jumps in carbon dioxide around the industrial revolution, with a corresponding rise in temperature due to green house effects.

Correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>35811361
yeah, climate change denial is fairly absurd at this point, reflects a lack of understanding of a set of scientific facts. large particles in atmospheres help trap solar energy, it's an observed phenomena. venus is an oven specifically for this reason.

I think allocating resources to try to stop it at this point is kindof like, "whatever, man", though. I'm not worried about anything short of a gamma ray burst/large object collision/intentional eradication ending humanity, it just isn't realistic. we'll adjust to anything else that happens.

I don't care much beyond my life anyway. welcome to being a person.
>>
>>35810804
Climate change is real. It has happened before humans and unless we develop some climate control technologies it will continue to be a thing.
Not much we can do afaik. We don't have the capacity to destroy the planet yet. Just ourselves.
>>
File: iraq-oil-fires-1.jpg (91KB, 615x458px) Image search: [Google]
iraq-oil-fires-1.jpg
91KB, 615x458px
>>35811361
Very few actually believe it isn't man made, nor real. It's corporations using the media to slow down progress as much as possible to keep their oil money flowing.
It's been decades now, and the ''news'' of climate change has been reaching more and more people, so they can't really keep their gerade up that much longer.
So you'll see 'em giving in a bit like ''Sure, fine, I guess it's real, but it's too late to do anything about it anyway.''.
It's just corporate titans in their greed fueled, dead end war for resources, and independent scientists and researchers are little but a nuisance.
>>
>>35810804
Its pretty real, but alot of studies say its not man made. There are so many emissions of CO2 that are not related to mankind. I actually read somewhere that CO2 emissions of humans is less than 1% compared to what everything else on the planet puts out.
Climate changes on planet earth all the time, hell there were the ice ages and they certainly werent man made either.
>>
>>35811524
>implying humans have the ability to eradicate humans after autonomous bunkers were designed during the cold war in multiple places in the world specifically to counter the eradication of humans
these subterranean research facilities in russia, china and the US all but absolutely ensure humanity's survival in almost any scenario.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.