[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the story you're writing, /r9k/.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 17

File: 1480587223351.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480587223351.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
Tell me about the story you're writing, /r9k/.
>>
I suppose I should start with mine.

Homestead:

>A world torn by the destruction of an era long passed. Huge floating landmasses, Isles, hold empires and nations that vie for power both between themselves and for the dominion of the surface of their planet, shrouded in mystery. Only two men know the secrets that those strange lands hold - one desires to shield mankind from them, and the other wishes to use them to bring about a new era for humanity.

The saga is split into three parts - The Lonely Terminal, The Basilisk Fungus and The Midas Spell. I've spent the majority of my time fleshing out the first of the three. Meet a few of of the main characters:

>Glast
A remarkably talented mage. He is believed to be one of the most powerful that have ever lived, as one of the direct creations of the First Star, Uviaa. His is almost her complete divine will, having become the champion that should fulfil her dying wishes. Glast's magic knows very few bounds - named Prehensis, it allows him to manifest a multitude of large, elegant ethereal arms that he uses to either build or destroy. Once an esteemed member of the Royal Architecture, Glast held great responsibility before losing it to catastrophic circumstances.

>Ofelia
Expert roughscaler, Ofelia serves as Glast's aide and is his most trusted comrade. She and her twin brother were born of a once great family, before disaster befell their parents and their property, orphaning them. Raised under Glast's tutelage, Ofelia has become a powerful mage herself, helping Glast to achieve his cryptic goal to the best of her ability. However, following recent events she has found herself questioning the acuteness of Glast's goals, as well as her own function in this grand scheme.

If anyone likes this idea then I can keep going if you want.
>>
>>35807577
No faggot, you're not going to steal it.
>>
>>35807577
I finally finished it yesterday, actually. Ended at 85k+ words, because it's my first serious attempt at a novel and I want to keep it short and sweet. I'm going to (most likely futily) attempt to get it published after my revising is complete. This is the first time I've been satisfied with something I've done with my life, and hopefully I can now finally get the motivation to pursue my dream of becoming an author.
>>
anyone with adhd and/or depression? how do you push yourself to focus and write?
>>
>>35808123
I don't need to steal yours. My idea is fucking great.

>>35808144
That sounds like a great idea. My advice is to, if you haven't already, get others to read it. They'll be able to point out your mistakes and shortcomings that you didn't notice.

>>35808187
I have depression and I prefer to listen to music while I work. Each song in the playlist represents one part of the story and i can visualise the whole plot unfolding in my head when I'm listening to it. Gets me in the mood to. Also, turn off your internet connection. Nothing gets you working more than the fact that you'd have nothing else to do.
>>
>>35808060
is glast a self-insert?
>>
>>35808060
GO ON SEMPAI

IT HAS POTENTIAL
>>
No way, it's gay fanfiction
>>
File: 1475627219509.jpg (62KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
1475627219509.jpg
62KB, 500x439px
>>35808144
damn, good job, i'm jealous.

what kind of story is it? genre or litfic?
>>
>>35808304
People keep telling me that, that I should others to critique it. I've tried that, but my narcissism makes it impossible to take any criticism to heart. I simply "know" that my work is literally perfect, even do I'm aware it actually isn't as good as I think.
>>
How hard is it to make decent money self publishing? Pretty much impossible?
>>
>>35808412
Litfic
I won't tell you to much, since I'm paranoid it'll get stolen, but it's about a lonely guy who's never felt a connection to anyone in his life, and has become distant from everyone because of it (guess whose life that is based on). One day his single mother gets murdered by his dad in front of his eyes, and then the dad kills himself. He gets sent to a mental institute as a result, since it was such a traumatic event.

He quickly wants to leave it though, but isn't allowed to. Even after his eighteenth birthday he's forced to stay.

After a year he escapes with a friend (his only friend, ever) he made at the institute, and together they try and make life work.

his only friend turns out to be a figment of his imagination, and he figures this out only after falling in love with her

I ended up telling more than I should, I suppose. No matter. If you ever find a succesful book with the title "That was all that was", then you'll know that I'll be a happy man.
>>
File: tumblr_nz10bhCIfB1u9sxc6o2_1280.jpg (445KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz10bhCIfB1u9sxc6o2_1280.jpg
445KB, 1280x1280px
>>35808576
i ask because i am in the middle of writing my own robot story, with its own pathetic-masquerading-as-tragic non-ending.

i will be watching out for your book. i have been waiting for a long time for a real arcanine story and it is nowhere to be found in literature, and no, notes from underground doesn't really count. i'm so tired of all the normie stories in litfic, they make me so angry and sad.

i am here for you if you want a beta reader, anon.
>>
>>35808502
Impossibru unless you write smut for housewives
>>
>>35808442
>>35808358
>>35808348
Hold on guys it's telling me I have an ascii character in my response but that's impossible
>>
File: loss.png (79KB, 438x369px) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
79KB, 438x369px
>>35808724
apostrophes written in a word processor come up as non-ascii. so you have to replace them with '

happens to me all the time 'cause i post some writing here now and then
>>
>>35808631
That actually sounds great, I can make a duplicate of it on Google Docs and share it with you if you want.
>>
>>35808348
I wish. There are parts of him that are like me I suppose because i find it's easier to make characters who feel the same way you do but I definitely don't see him as a self insert. I am kind of attached to him though because I've reworked his character plenty of times and of all the different iterations I've had of my story he's the longest lasting.

>>35808358
Sure!
>Vanos
Olivia's twin brother and heir to the Maetron fortune, Vanos Maetron is a deadly marksman and a powerful figure in the criminal underworld. Possessing access to even the darkest and most isolated corners of society, Vanos' network of informants and spies allow him to stay aware of the government threats that are constantly hunting his allies. Perhaps he would have become quite a talented scholar had his parents not died - perhaps, as Vanos himself believes, his draw to adventure and magic may have simply led him even further astray. Loyal to Glast and his cause, he is more emotionally stable than his sister; for this reason Glast calls upon him for the more morally dubious side of their operations.
>Creta
A hedonistic, powerful creature. Creta is a sprite - a lesser manifestation of nature. It controls the aspect of gravity. While originally humankind wished to exploit its powers to help them reach the surface of their world, they failed to predict Creta's strength and lost several powerful mages during its summoning. Now in the company of Glast and his allies, Creta seems to be rather amused by their operations and accompanies them for its own entertainment. As Creta is the inherent representation of gravity, it is constantly tortured by its insatiable hunger for matter that can never truly be fulfilled. Despite it being immortal and having lived to see generations of humans come and go, Creta has began to grow rather attached to its newfound "friends", which seems to be a major cause of concern for it.
That's it for the "good guys". I can show my villains if you want.
>>
File: IMG_0338.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0338.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
>>35808760
please do. heresallmypersonaldata at gmail.com is my email
>>
File: 1487576846757.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487576846757.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
It's chuunibyou garbage that I started writing for fun. All hopes of publishing it flew out the window once I realized it is an accidental Code Geass ripoff, similar to the Hunger Games/Battle Royale dilemma. I'm still writing it because it's the story I enjoy writing the most. I currently have 42k words put into it and will end it at four 100k word or so volumes if I were to actually finish it.

One of my other stories I did a bit of is an intentional Gundam pastiche, where it follows a group of people on a government-owned space liner, where they ferry people around the space colonies, Earth, and the moon.
>>
>>35808442
I'd say if you're fine with it then just publish it. I'd find it hard to take criticism for my own too because it's...mine, you know? If you're happy with the plot and stuff then get that shit out of the door. I see proofreading to be more of just the grammar and punctuation and other things like that. People WILL find your book and like it. There are 7,500,000,000 people on the world god fucking damnit. At least one other will.
>>
File: 1485037829321.png (25KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1485037829321.png
25KB, 645x773px
>>35808848
That sounds comfy anon. It doesn't sound like my style but I'm really glad you're continuing to write it anyway. Nothing is more heartwarming than seeing a person go for what they love.

>>35808631
>tfw you will never have your own beta reader
>tfw you will never have a fanbase for your autistic writing

why do I even live
>>
>>35808807
Okay, sharing it now
>>
File: disneysession.jpg (377KB, 1280x916px) Image search: [Google]
disneysession.jpg
377KB, 1280x916px
Not writing a story but I'm writing wannabe-soundtrack music
It's incomplete but here's what it sounds like now
http://vocaroo.com/i/s10sNGj0UIO0

If you guys want you can write up a scene from your fictional movie script and I'll write a track for it if I'm inspired
>>
>>35808917
then i will be your beta reader too. share/send me something
>>
There are two bigger stories I'm currently writing on. Classic autismo fantasy and sci-fi, nothing special. I'm doing it because it's fun and gives me some purpose. Since the market is oversaturated as hell, I'm not intending to earn any money with my writing and I honestly never even had the intention to do so.
>>
File: 1488599040432.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1488599040432.png
261KB, 1039x559px
a anime girl gets magic powers and beats up bad guys

if i give anymore details someone will rip me off and I'll have nothing
>>
>>35809050
N-no it's okay anon, I'm still working on finalising setting and character profiles before I start writing

It'll be one of those webstories so I'll give the link to you all when I finally DO get it up and running

>>35809002
Holy fuck this was good I want more give me more literally right fucking now
>>
>>35809002
this was really good, anon
>>
File: Fantasy Lanscapes (22).jpg (495KB, 1094x1626px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy Lanscapes (22).jpg
495KB, 1094x1626px
>>35809118
Thanks, have this thing I made in another thread
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0pMrqDVbD6f
>>
>>35808187
Go out, face the new environment, try to be the good guy, fear, fear more, exchange depression for some kind of neurosis, write EVERYTHING down, cuz your long term memory sux at this moment, live like this for a year, get youself some meds, get out of neurosis, public the shit you've wrote down, profit. You won't even notice a year passed.
>>
File: 1429404419247.png (14KB, 845x518px) Image search: [Google]
1429404419247.png
14KB, 845x518px
>>35809340
did it work for you? or are you in the middle of doing so?
>>
I'm developing a TV show about a black slave in the Confederate White House who becomes a spy for the Union. I can post the plot synopsis of the pilot episode if anyone is interested
>>
It's an incest erotica. The stuff I found online was so shitty that I had to start my own. No idea how people get off to things without any buildup or decent description. Kind of dead though since I lost my sex drive.
>>
>>35809353
To be honest, it worked, until I could handle much more and decided to take meds - then the motivation sinks somewhere and you have to try really hard to hold on to it, but while in fear, I always was on some kind of autopilot and I haven't really questioned anything I've done, still sticking to my basic values though. The most things I've learned, the most things I came up with, the most things I've done, were made during the hardest time for me - a paradox, but I really missed that creative boom I had, while I was on pills. Now I'm trying to find peace, without them. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I just hate this "normal" systematic, organized life - I'm like a vegetable, because none of this makes sense. Once I consulted a proffesional and she just told one sentence before perscribing me those pills - there are people who need only to eat and excrete, and others, who need to see the mening.
>>
>>35807577
I'm ripping off interracial erotica by replacing black with Jew.
It's pretty funny when you see you wrote the story of Shlomo and his friends cucking some white guy.
>save me
>>
File: nsbsojabhk1qze3hdo1_r2_500.gif (759KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
nsbsojabhk1qze3hdo1_r2_500.gif
759KB, 500x288px
>>35809598
were you able to take anything out of being successful? you mentioned 'profit' earlier so i assume you make a living from writing/doing this? there's probably something satisfying and motivating in making a living doing that instead of some dead-end job you don't care about.

but as for your experience, you can try to have something in between, a controlled adventure, so that you aren't in a perpetual state of agitated malaise. the truths and meanings in the world don't have to be pursued so aggressively, you can try to stalk it slowly at your own pace
>>
I've been dicking around with an idea for a Sci-Fi story, where when humanity reached the stars, we figuratively went 1000 back in to the past, as Nordic colonies took paganism back, the Holy Roman Empire and Papacy were brought back and re-established, Muslims stay the way they are today, some Westerners (Americans) have become liberal and weak hedonists at their good colonies, while in the rough colonies they've gone back to 1800s with outlaws, shady bars, Bounty Hunters and Blues and Country music, and Asians are Anime

The actual story would have been of a Viking merc and a Space-Crusader crashing to an alien world and having to work together to get out of there and fight off ETs who believe them to be invaders, with a sub-plot of a Bounty Hunter receiving their distress signal and trying to help them from a frontier-world.

Never got my self to actually start writing it though, so if you think you could do it, then be my guest
>>
File: jazzpepewojak.png (430KB, 960x804px) Image search: [Google]
jazzpepewojak.png
430KB, 960x804px
>>35809416
Sure, sounds cool, if it isn't some blatant SJW bullcrap t. /pol/tard
>>35809002
>>35809323
Oh shit senpai, that's good. I wish I could one day make a blues/jazz and Cowboy Bebop-inspired soundtrack to something.
>>35808060
If you're able to channel your autism into it, it might actually be a success, at least a personal. Keep up

t.>>35809768
>>
>A parallel universe where satanism and witchcraft are rampant.
>a young boy joins a vigilante group that goes around beating up satanists and thwarting rituals
>on one raid he accidentally unmasks a witch and it's a girl he has a crush on
>they start a Romeo and Juliet style romance
>the perspective changed between the two
>as the book goes on it is revealed that England (where the book is set) is at war with satanist countries overseas
>by the end the satanists summoned a massive monster and invaded
>there is a citizen soldier urban warfare type dealio
There's lots of comfort and demon fighting
Pls bully
>>
It's more of just an idea at this point, but I guess I could write a bit about it.

It's set in an alternate timeline past where humanity has created "the artificial man," which is essentially an autonomous, intelligent robot. These robots live in giant cities and industrial parks, filling out the working class of the few industrialized nations in the world. They are kept in the cities only by the fact that if they leave, they will lose access to the power source that keeps them running. One such unit got curious, and built himself a way to keep running for a long period of time, and goes on an adventure, experiencing nature and human society for the first time, and having revealed to him the fact that his people would soon be wiped out in favor of a newer model of machine that was supposed to be better than his type in every way.
>>
>>35809768
Dis shit sounds pretty cool actually, I'd love to see that mix of sci-fi/alternate past kind of writing
>>
File: 61724053_p1.jpg (849KB, 2048x1392px) Image search: [Google]
61724053_p1.jpg
849KB, 2048x1392px
I didn't write anything yet but I really want to write a romance between two girls someday, be it fanfiction or something original. Don't have any ideas though
>>
I can't because that hack Houellebecq might steal it.
>>
i don't write full stories, just free verse poetry about my sorrow
>>
>>35811407
lets see some.. is it about r9k feels?
>>
>>35809002
This is quality stuff, dude. Is there any way you'd be able to share the program you're using over mega or something? I want to get into digital composition more but I haven't had the money
>>
>>35809768
Dude I'd totes read that
Really cool idea u should keep working on it i wish u luck
>>
>>35807577
I havnt worked out any of the important details yet but it's a comfy tale about a boy sent to live in a small town and all the crazy things that happen. It's mainly a self insert to live my dream but it makes me happy to think about and think up scenarios.
>>
File: l3197Si.jpg (49KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
l3197Si.jpg
49KB, 500x750px
>>35807577
I want to write a film about a depressed guy who finds a particular area he excels in like a sport or something but realises as he wins the 'grand prize' that even with the adoration of a sea of fans, he still feels the way he did before he started his journey and kills himself.
And then I want that film to be really successful and win a load of awards and shit before I proceed to kill myself.
pottery
>>
>>35811847
Thanks. All the software I'm using is way too big for Mega though.
I'm using Ableton with the following instruments:
- Project Sam Symphobia 2 (flute, contrabassoon)
- Project Sam Orchestral Essentials (strings, horns, glockenspiel)
- Eastwest Quantum Leap Symphony Orchestra Gold (harp)
>>
Base idea is an epic fantasy but with a modern setting.

I know there's modern fantasy like Dresden/Harry Potter, but I want mine to be more epic in scale like Westeros or Middle Earth in modern day.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.