[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /nightowls/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: spongebob9.png (215KB, 585x439px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob9.png
215KB, 585x439px
I wake up at noon everyday, have no energy to do anything throughout the day, then it hits 1AM and I am ready to fucking go. Maximally productive between the hours of 1AM and 4AM. Anybody managed to fix this?
>>
>>35799381
get a night job
>less socializing
>more pay
>>
I get that way as soon as everyone in my house goes to bed. I think it has to do with me being less anxious, because I know nobody will bother me.
>>
>>35799427
This
I got a night job just for this purpose.
>>
File: 1490508025029.jpg (43KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1490508025029.jpg
43KB, 550x550px
>>35799381
I'm with you. I get up at 12/1230pm everyday and by 1am I am ready to go. I usually go for drives or get late night food and shitpost.

I dont leave my room for about the first 8 hours.
>>
File: 1488760152565.jpg (10KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1488760152565.jpg
10KB, 124x124px
>forgot about daylight savings
>slept 3 hours last night trying to enforce hours
>>
>>35799427
I did that for a while, it was pretty good. Although I'm going to uni now so I have to fix it.
>>35799474
This is may be a contributing factor. I like when my roommate is out, but I also sit here wondering when he will get home. The landlord has been coming over recently to do work on the house and it's been really pissing me off too.
>>
>>35799381
I've been this way since about the time I started puberty. No idea why. The only way I've ever been able to change it is to drink a lot of water, eat well, exercise every day and go outside every day if possible. After a few days of doing those things it starts to feel more natural and good to be awake in the daytime and sleep at night. I always end up going back to my old habits, though.

When I'm on a normal schedule and feeling good I actually miss hanging out in my room or going for walks or whatever late at night. There's just some magic about those quiet dark hours when everyone is asleep. But it's impossible for me to spend a lot of time in that mindset/environment without getting depressed and feeling like shit.

The alternative is do what
>>35799427
said and get a job working nights, and/or find a hobby that benefits from or requires darkness. When I was a teenager and keeping odd hours I got really into astronomy and got a telescope, which was a perfect way to pass the time when everybody else was asleep, as well as an excuse for being nocturnal so my parents wouldn't get mad at me for being a lazy piece of shit during the day.
>>
I did that for a while, but honestly it's not worth it. You just end up not seeing the sun a lot. Fix your sleep cycle.
>>
>>35799706
>implying i leave my house
dsggs
>>
Long time night shift worker here. Works extremely well for me, it's quieter, less stressful usually, and the only real downside is having to sleep in the middle of the day so I occasionally have a hard time getting to sleep because of sunlight.
>>
File: 1490018383160.jpg (59KB, 577x575px) Image search: [Google]
1490018383160.jpg
59KB, 577x575px
>3:47am

>have to wake up at 12:30pm
>haven't slept yet

why is the internet so cool doe
>>
File: pepe tv.gif (21KB, 312x253px) Image search: [Google]
pepe tv.gif
21KB, 312x253px
>>35799381
>tfw I woke up at 4:00 PM one day
>feel like a degenerate
>go to bed at 6:00 AM that night anyway
>>
>>35799771
The recommended amount of sleep is 6 to 7 hours.
You've time but certainly should go to bed!
>>
>>35799880
i can't go to sleep, i'm not ready to pass out from exhaustion yet
>>
4am here on the east coast.
the night is just getting started, might do downtown for a late night cup of fries
>>
Most of the time. Im a shut in nolife so i just sleep whenever. I'm on a 5pm to 6am awake thing right now and its comfy as fuck because its dead silent outside.
>>
>>35799983
do you do /nightwalks/?
comfy nightwalks are the best here in swe
>>
Get a job working at night.

>Wake up at 6am for regular job
>Get home at 5pm
>Cant stay up too late or youll be tired for work when the sun rises

>Get job that starts at 11pm
>Finish at 7am
>Stay up all day
>Dont feel like ass when I get up even after like 3 hours of sleep because its already dark out

Ive been working nights for years and have only driven in blue skies a handful of time, it feels weird.
>>
File: star sky pepe.jpg (54KB, 564x437px) Image search: [Google]
star sky pepe.jpg
54KB, 564x437px
generally more functional during the night and late evening, unless completely exhausted from other factors.
night time is comfy, especially if it's warm and quiet outside.
>>
>>35800064
Not really. There arent really any street lights here and the cops look at you funny because small "city" in kansas full of old people. Even the gas stations/mcdonalds are closed at night.
>>
Worst feeling in the world desu

>wake up at 7am
>feel like I haven't even shut my eyes
>tired and groggy all day

>wake up at 9-10pm
>wake up feeling like I've just smoked a pound of meth
>mood is 100% better, alert, motivated to do anything
>>
You guys like being up at night because your anti social and low energy.
>>
>>35799381
I need to get my sleep cycle back on track ffs
got class tomorrow
>>
>>35800321
PIECE OF SHITACO
>>
Wanna make a kik group? At least we could talk untill we fall asleep, I mean we have nothing better to do
>>
File: pissed off pepe.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pissed off pepe.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>35800321
>You guys like being up at night because your anti social and low energy.
And you come here to mock our preferences to make yourself feel better, don't you?
What are you doing here up at this hour? Go to bed or do what you have to, but leave.
>>
File: 4.png (940KB, 759x686px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
940KB, 759x686px
I usually wake up at 4:30PM and go to bed at 9AM. I really don't like being awake during the day because I can't stand sunlight, I even tape blackout sheets over my windows to completely keep it out.

I tell you what, it's really serene going for an aimless walk around the city at 3 in the morning.
>>
>>35800340
Next time, I'm feeling ready to sleep now anyways. Goodnight
>>
>>35800329
>>35800396

Lol does the trurh bother you or something? It's not a big deal, but if you're still doing this in your 20s it's a real problem.
>>
>>35800520
What do you gain by coming here and acting smug?
>>
>>35800658
>acting smug

I'm not acting like anything, I'm just telling you.
>>
>>35799521
well you look like a fucking corpse, so.
your nocturnal nature clearly isn't doing you any physical favours
>>
>>35800676
>>35800520
don't tell me what to do, thanks
>>
It's 5AM and I'm up for some reason. Gonna go to sleep now I guess
>>
>>35800689
I literally never told anybody what to do. How can someone ve so retarded? Get some sleep bro
>>
>>35800739
>but if you're still doing this in your 20s it's a real problem
>>
>>35800793
> he thinks that's telling people what to do.
>>
My sister's ex had a friend whose body clock was shot completely - the guy was basically nocturnal, and did permanent nights.
>>
I'm up right now getting all the trophys for skyrim it's 5:17
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.