[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone here ever risen out of depression? I was depressed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1485931141912.jpg (60KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485931141912.jpg
60KB, 500x750px
has anyone here ever risen out of depression? I was depressed before but i feel like my body is shutting down, i cant really feel anything. ive been clinically depressed for so much of my life i just want to be normal. Ive been smoking a little bit of weed but im not even sure its helping.

i really feel like crying but i cant.
>>
>>35798932
I used to feel like you anon
I spent every day feeling crushed by the world
My favourite part of the day was going to sleep because i wouldnt be conscious
I know it sounds hard, or even impossible, but the way to fix it is by doing shit
Set yourself some achievable short term goals
Eg dont have a job? Get any job you can
Have no friends? Just go talk to anyone you can, neighbors, classmates whoever. The worst that will happen is they reject you, but since youre depressed you were expecting that anyway
>>
>>35799171
The only person who can truly help you is you
You have to decide to get better
I mean what do you have to lose? If your life is already so bad, it cant get any worse so you might as well try before you check out

Good luck anon, i believe in you
>>
>>35799208
>>35799171
thank you both ill try and perservere
>>
This is terrible advice. The only way you can is with the support of other people. If you don't have a support network you're fucked and need to go to a hospital.
>>
>>35798932
>has anyone here ever risen out of depression?

I think I have. I have been depressed for much of my life, but around the beginning of this month it feels like it lifted. I just don't feel negative anymore. I feel this general sense of gratitude for everything.
>>
OP don't believe in yourself. Don't believe in the >>35799208 that believes in you either.

Believe in the OP that believes in you.
>>
>>35800471
Springtime is herer, there's more daylight.

I sometimes relapse from my depression into a more lively state too, but I blame it on possibly being bipolair or manic.

But then again having a hands-on-approach every now and then and try to pretend you're not depressed for the outworld untill you die is also a way out.
>>
depression literally lasts forever

it will never go away

I will never be at 100% again
>>
File: 864x486.jpg (41KB, 864x486px) Image search: [Google]
864x486.jpg
41KB, 864x486px
>>35800961
As long as you don't complain about it too often I'll tolerate it. Don't you love the normies and the people who think they're robot who constantly whine about depression?

My new favourite thing is when people say ''I use these memes to hide my crippling depression''

We need a get out of jail free card for such executions.
>>
>>35798932
Give yourself the delusion of hope. That's what therapists will do, anyway.
>>
>>35801153
Those medications look to be a sham too. Do you believe it's true that there are some pepole with some chemical inbalances within their brains which can only be fixed with more chemicals? I think it's rare at least.
>>
File: 1455651124159.jpg (62KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
1455651124159.jpg
62KB, 549x549px
>>35799539
Normalfag tier advice. You can't rely on other people like that. I have no support network and I am plugging away, still going.
>>
>>35798932
I get out of it every once in a while, and its fucking amazing, the difference is fucking mind blowing. Actually being happy opens so many fucking doors for you, you feel invincible, you literally dont give a shit about judgements of any kind, your self worth is through the fucking roof.

And then I crash, and its bad, I actually ant to die, I think about driving my car into a wall. I think about buying a gun, I hate every person I come into contact with, Im afraid of people, i am worth nothing, i am a useless pile of shit.

The worst part is telling people you feel this way and having them not really believe you because they've seen you happy before and they think you're just being dramatic
>>
>>35798932
Yeh every couple of weeks. Then the depression hits again. I'm worried one time a downswing is gonna come and then never leave.
>>
>>35802023
You might have bipolar.
>>
>>35798932
At the first year of highschool I lived a pathetic life. I couldn't make friends and I was extremely skinny. I lost so much confidence and eventually drifted away from my already existing friends and even family.

I got through with vidya and lifting, also reading some classics. Social interaction becomes less hard when you improve your looks/confidence and actually have some stuff to talk about.
>>
>>35802023
that's not just depression lifting that's mania my dude, you need to see a doctor.
>>
>>35798932
It's been 6 or 7 years now since I was first diagnosed with depression. I'm lucky if I get out of bed more than twice a day to eat my daily meal and go to the bathroom, maybe smoke before I go back to bed. No hobbies, skills, or anything else besides lurking and playing vidya on a laptop. Could get GF but it's not worth the time or emotional energy. I don't even want to have sex or fap at all.
Bouncing between antidepressants, and started adderall earlier this year (now 30mgx2/day, tolerant to that now) to counteract the "major treatment resistant depression" and hypoactivity I have I guess. Tried to sort of an hero near beginning because I really hated my high school job (retail, and I'm a very introverted soft spoken person) but didn't really want to I guess, but still went to the hospital for a week because I burst all the blood vessels in my face from asphyxiation. It's going to haunt me in the future, I know it, if I ever have a future that isn't neetdom.
I have no prospects whatsoever and I'm sure my hamstrings are tightening up to the point where I'll be in a wheelchair or something one day from underusage.
Nothing makes me feel good.
>>
>>35798932

>Be depressed
>Take LSD
>Realize Depression is a meme illness and doesn't exist

Faggot
>>
>>35798932
depression is a terminal illnes, you can only try to ease the pain.
>>
>>35798932
First off stop smoking weed. Eat healthy real food. No matter how hard it is wake up at 8 AM everday and go to bed before 12 at night for a normal sleep schedule. And every week day go for a 15-30 minute walk
>>
File: 1452894931670.jpg (30KB, 240x290px) Image search: [Google]
1452894931670.jpg
30KB, 240x290px
>>35801919
That's only because you're competent. Someone like me who's useless can't get far by grinding away alone.
>>
>>35800961
This is the honest truth. I am saying this as someone with a decent paying job and a college degree. I'm not a virgin and even have a gf. None of these things made it go away.

These things are definitely distractions sure, but at the end of the day I'm alone with my thoughts and my mind goes right back to that place. I felt this way before the gf and the job and the degree and none of those things changed it.

I have thought about visiting a therapist but I'm too afraid to make that call. I'm afraid that my gf/family would find out and treat me differently. I've never really talked about feeling this way with anyone other than /r9k/. Anytime you even mention the slightest hint of something like this it sets off a thousand red flags with most normal people. They immediately jump to "just get over it" and "well have you tried keeping a positive attitude" type shit.

It's not their fault I guess. It's hard to give someone advice for something you have never experienced.

Also, recently I've started experiencing mild hallucinations. This started with a sleep paralysis event last week and ever since I've been catching these weird moving shadows in the corner of my eye. Does anyone know anything about this?
>>
>>35798932
I got happier when I made a tulpa, one of the best decisions I ever made
>>
when you die your spirit rises out of your body so that's one way
>>
>>35798932
I did it senpai

What worked for me wont work for everyone. Keep trying and really believe that there is something better and you will find it
>>
Try and identify if there are specific causes for your condition, and then cut them out of your life. Be ruthless - you are what matters so if, as in my case, its family, then shut them out and don't feel guilty.
>>
- Make an imaginary gf. I made one from the memories of a girl I knew in high school. She can be your guiding light in very dark times.

- Exercise, get more sunlight.

- Start using anti depressants. They WORK, period. Take one that also has anti anxiety components.

- Start a hobby. I started doing math and physics, but recently I got a job and don't have the energy anymore.
>>
>>35802023
This is bipolar
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.