[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Community college

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0440.jpg (2MB, 1800x1200px)
IMG_0440.jpg
2MB, 1800x1200px
Why would you not start at a community college after high school? It's literally a total life hack, saving thousands on top of thousand of dollars for two years then transferring all your credits to uni to finish last two years. Plus the fact that it's commonly known that community college is a lot easier, people who start at university *unless you got accepted into some Ivy League school* are complete retards and are falling for major debt.
>>
>>35797627
doing this
it sucks ass but it's practically free, plus no dorms nor really organized "classes" thus no need to really fraternize
>>
>>35797627
Undergrad research senpai
>>
>>35797660
>plus no dorms nor really organized "classes" thus no need to really fraternize
I went to community college and I would say that is a negative. In my case, I ended up without friends and I'm still alone at 30. At least if I were forced to live in a dorm, I may have gotten some social skills out of it -- maybe.
>>
>>35797627
I did but I failed some classes, and now I want to die.
Should I just kill myself? What kind of inept moron fails ANY community college course?
>>
>>35797627
But I am. It's so close I can walk there. It's okay but causing me to develop a scathing hatred of the Vietnamese.
>>
File: 1487473005467.jpg (48KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1487473005467.jpg
48KB, 499x499px
>>35797796
You might not be necessarily "inept" you may just be lazy like me senpai
I too have failed the community college trial, but only because I was so fucking bored and didn't want to go to school. We just weren't made for education desu
>>
>>35797861
I am lazy, I wonder if there is anyway to break laziness except for magically not being lazy.
>we just weren't meant for education
Your right, but I was memed by my parents and teachers.
I don't want to wage slave, and I will honestly kill myself if I don't go to uni from cc and make something of my life.
How bad is failing a few cc courses? Is it a deal breaker? Am I fucked?
>>
>>35797755
>At least if I were forced to live in a dorm, I may have gotten some social skills out of it -- maybe.

Nah. You would've "hung out" with them for the first week, they would've then decided you weren't cool enough, then word will spread throughout the college that you're the floor loser (It's a thing)
>>
>>35797627
The cost difference can get complicated if you're seriously poor (being somewhat academically talented/not asian probably helps too), and not just with ivy league schools. I had several financial aid offers including one from an out of state public research university, that were as good or better than what the CC would have cost.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good deal, but I wouldn't want any high school anons to skip applying elsewhere.
>>
graduated HS '11
went to CC and got associates by '14
>housing/transfer issues
transfer to CSU by end of '15

complete my bachelor's by the end of this fall '17
>live at home and commute to CC and CSU this entire time I am 24yo

I don't really regret anything since my parents pay for all my schooling of course and I did things to save them money but I wouldn't really say I had the full "college" experience that normies always rave about
>>
>>35798083
>I had the full "college" experience
desu even if you did go to a full 4 year, you wouldn't have. You would've just sat and did the exact thing you did this time around.
>>
>>35798107
I am pretty introverted but that only happened at like 18. I was getting muh fuck and party on at 16 so that's why I don't really feel like I missed out on much
>>
File: mfw welding.jpg (18KB, 300x210px)
mfw welding.jpg
18KB, 300x210px
>>35797796
>what kind of inept moron fails ANY community college

m8, I dropped out of community college after I had failed my last fundamentals of algebra class after taking algebra for 7 fucking years (if we are including the years in HS, if not, I took it like 4 times the 3.5 yrs I was in community college)

In fact, I ended up failing more than one class, I ended up failing
>English 101
>entry-level reading course
>art appreciation
>pre-algebra
>fundamentals of algebra
>W/D from a creative writing course

I ended up going to trade school for welding and learned so much and made so much progress in the year I was there an all my yrs at CC.

if you can, go for a trade and go teach yourself the humanities.
>>
>>35798199
You better be the best god damn welder in the world to make up for how retarded you are
>>
CC sucks. Who'd want to go there willingly?
>>
>>35798199
>Welding education at liberal arts college
You know, we can literally say whatever the hell we want about this guy, cuz I doubt he has the visual acuity to actually read if he welds like that
>>
>>35797897
No, my cousin failed 4 classes his first semester of community college and only passed art, but now he's doing good about to get his gpa up to a 3.0. It's all about your mindset.
>>
>>35798199
I wish there was a trade school for what I want to do.
>>
>>35798301
I meant go learn a trade at a tech/trade school and end up reading books on the humanities.

>>35798238
I'm still practicing welding while I look for work.
>>
>>35798312
Well that's encouraging, thanks.
>>
>>35798317
What do you want to learn?

thisisorginial.jphgs
>>
>>35797627
A good plan in theory, the only flaw might be that in many places only retarded white trash and niggers go to CC, so you could be surrounded by people that make you hate life and really derail your mindset (sort of like r9k).
>>
>>35798365
Computer Science or Embedded Software.
>>
File: IMG_1149.gif (47KB, 306x469px)
IMG_1149.gif
47KB, 306x469px
>>35797627
I am currently in community college and I'm gonna drop out soon. I hate it, I'll work at Walmart the rest of my life.
>>
If I could have redone things.
I don't believe you make friends at a CC
Because those are people who just go to class and go home or go to work. You can join clubs but they're not the same at a CC

The debt from a 4 year school blows, especially when you're parents don't help you.
But the friend part of college and not having to work , is something you don't want to miss.

THIS IS YOUR TIME TO MAKE SOME GOOD FRIENDS
THIS IS YOUR TIME TO ENJOY BEING A STUDENT RATHER THAN WORKING. Studying sucks, but working full time sucks more.

I would have gone CC for one year then transfer to a good public state school and chose a cheaper dorm while living a frugal life.
That way you get 3 years of college life with less debt.

You can also make friends at work though, even though you'll have less time to hang out than at college
>>
File: smile and optimism gone.png (260KB, 428x660px) Image search: [Google]
smile and optimism gone.png
260KB, 428x660px
>>35798437
>tfw you originally thought of going to trade school for programming
>tfw none had anything remotely similar
>you went to CC for it and ended up dropping out
>>
>>35798489
JOIN CLUBS AT A 4 YEAR UNI AND GIVE IT A CHANCE. Your bound to make some that way but you have to have a good attitude.
Some clubs will be very clicky, fuck that club and move on.
>>
>>35798489
curious, if you knew that your parents weren't going to aid in paying for your education why would you still shoulder the debt by taking on loans?
It may sound presumptuous or entitled or something but I never would have gone to college if my parents weren't offering to pay for it and encouraging me to get a degree "no matter what//education is important etc."
>>
>>35798447
You'll hate that worse son
When you realize you have no purpose other than fueling the wealthy elite pockets with cash as you push karts, stock shelves, cashier the rest of your life
TO KEEP ONE WALMART OUT OF A SHIT TON RUNNING
You'll realize you fucked up and go back either for college or trade school
Look for a career with a good work life balance or something you can tolerate that pays more than 60k a year
>>
File: IMG_6303.jpg (40KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6303.jpg
40KB, 500x360px
>>35797627
>tfw just got dropped from 2 classes

I have no goal. No purpose. I have no idea what I'm doing or for what.
>>
>>35798489
>making friends in college
>2017

It doesn't work that way anymore.
>>
>>35797627
>Fewer opportunities for research/internships
>Get looked down upon by people who came straight from high school
I've never ran into a really smart JUCO transfer. No offense, but it's true.
>>
>tfw failed math in cc several times
>tfw been in for 3 years now and still don't have aa and have no idea what I even want to major in
End it.
>>
>>35798560
Because I grew up In a highscool that made you feel like if you didn't go 4 year uni right off the back
You were a failure. I regret that but I didn't know any other alternivite like CC

Plus I like college because I honestly enjoy learning, that's better than a monotonous job like Costco where I'm pushing karts all day not contributing a damn thing to myself or the world while I work there during the breaks to pay for school.

I believe now I accepted the debt, and I'm working with financial counselors to figure out the best way to handle it.
When I finish school, I'm going to stay a year at my parents house and pay most of my debt back while living there and working.
This will help me a lot

I still believe as long as you don't get a meme major, getting a degree is still better than no degree, or trade school and going straight to the job market .
There's not much out there other than retail straight out of high school

A highscool education is the biggest meme of all now a days
>>
>>35798083
Why do so many people take so long in CC though? It literally took me less than two years.
>>
>>35798625
Yes it does man
You just had a bitter experience, don't fuck it up for other people.
>>
>>35798199
>failing middle school math

Jesus fucking christ, brainlets.
>>
File: 1487652720477.jpg (106KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487652720477.jpg
106KB, 960x720px
>>35798126
Excuse me, faggot, but I think you're lost. Out. Now.
>>
>>35798718
This, I would've been in college algebra by the end of middle school had I not moved away
>>
>>35798702
Because most of the time people in CC
Either have to work while in school, which makes it a lot harder to focus on school when you have a 24 hour job or more every week.

Plus the CC is not as motivating to finish for them as being at a fancy 4 year school would be.

Plus people at a CC are just in school because they feel like they have to and don't really know what they have to do with their life
And since they don't stay on campus have a lot less motivation to finish

Though there are plenty of sheltered morons at a 4 year uni that flunk out too
>>
>>35798702
well associates take 2 years typically you need at least 60 units which is usually the same amount of time the general ed is finished and you would be transferring to a college/university anyways.
I took like 2.5 years for mine I would have transferred earlier but I was accepted into a school that couldn't provide housing for me. Then I stayed an extra semester at CC before transferring to a different school and that was when I got the associates
>>
>parent's house within an hour of university
>college is paid for by the state
glad not to be american in this scenario
>>
>>35798737
are you triggered? if it helps I am a total failure at 24
>>
>>35798788
Why are you a total failure?
I'll listen
>>
>>35798389
I can confirm this. They are so fucking obnoxious and loud. I can't concentrate in class or find a quiet place to study. But for the price I guess it's worth it. I'm almost done anyways and have absolutely no debt.
>>
>>35797627

You can also just get a job near an Ivy League campus and sneak into classes for free. Nobody will ever find out and you get a top notch education.
>>
>>35798811
I am a chronic masturbator and cannabis addict who can't hold down a job for more than 9 months at a time because I either don't care or don't want to take responsibility for my own life. I haven't been emotionally or physically available to a member of the opposite sex since I was 17 and that was only with one gf at the time.
I still checkup on this gf occasionally and message her even though she has moved on with her life along with every person I went to high school with.
>>
>>35798523
>>35798489
Implying introverted robots actually want to make friends. Having friends is absolutely pointless and draining. Fuck that. I just want to graduate and not deal with obnoxious college normies.
>inb4 bro the college experience!!! xD
I'm honestly not interested. It's just not worth it and i'll live.
>>
>drop out of uni (went to a UC) after failing my required stem courses

>go to a CC

>talk to an academic counselor about transferring to a CSU in electrical engineering

>he sets up my schedule completely with the shortest time span possible which is a year

>After 2 semesters at a CC, Im already half way done with credits and courses required to transfer and will be done by Spring semester next year and Im going to apply this fall for transfer

Why do so many of you fucks waste years at a CC? Im in a difficult major with a big workload and Im literally about to finish so soon that I initially thought it couldnt be this simple. Yes Im taking 4-5 classes a semester and will be taking summer courses but I only spent half a year as a CC student and Im almost back in a uni. I didnt even have that much transfer credit from the first uni I went to so it was like I was starting from scratch.
>>
>>35797627
>>35797627
I went to the local community college in my shit town and I absolutely fucking hated it. It was a cheap college but it definitely was not worth the time or money.

Everyone there was either some nigger taking piss easy major or a loser in their 30s who are trying escape retail and fast food.

Majority of the inscructors weren't even qualified to fucking teach the courses they were in charge of, and the college didn't offer ANY STEM majors( before anyone asks, it was an hbcu in the middle of bumfuck nowheresville full of farmers,niggers and backwater hicks)
>>
>>35798648
but you can always intern and get into research once you transfer. also why would i care if people look down upon me.
>>
>>35798896

there's kinda no point in going to college if you don't want the campus life. just take online courses instead.
>>
File: df3[1].jpg (41KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
df3[1].jpg
41KB, 600x590px
>>35798702
Alot of people don't have the luxury of living with mommy and daddy while they are in college, so they have to work on top of taking classes so that they can pay for their books as well as rent and groceries.
>>
>>35798896
I think even introverted people at least need one friend.
I never implied you had to go out, party and have the college normie experience!XD

No jack ass , you could have 1 to 3 friends to go out and get food with, study for exams, or play games with.
You depressing piece of shit.
You're right though you don't have to have friends.
But life is better with a few
>>
>>35798935
They're not a loser for trying to escape their shitty Jobs
Fuck you for making fun of them when they're trying to do better in life
>>
>>35798781
Commuting for an hour sounds like hell though. Where are you from?
>>
>>35798865
You still have had more interaction with the opposite sex than most of us have. Shut up normie.
>>
>>35799030

i bet he takes public transit and reads the whole time

the fucking yuro
>>
>>35799030
>tfw my commute to college is 2 hours

I spend more time on the train and bus than I do in college someways.
>>
>>35798922
They're lazy. CC lacks a motivational environment for the most part you're surrounded by brainlet niggers failing a class they've taken 5 times.
>>
>>35799030
Not the same anon but I commute for an hour every day to my Uni. 66 miles one way.

You get used to it, honestly. I listen to a shit load of audiobooks.

I do it because I hate dorm life and it was too expensive for my parents to afford a place in the city. After this semester I might be moving back down there though, thankfully.
>>
The benefits of establishing connections here and the quality of education of a uni vastly surpasses community college.

>tfw my parents are paying entirely for my education too
I guess that doesn't hurt.
>>
>>35798975
You sound like an idiot that depends on others for contentment. You're probably one of those faggots that has never experienced doing shit by yourself with no friends. It's rather comfy. I can get food, study, and play games by myself. Why would I want someone with me? It wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>35798967
Live with roommates and learn to live frugally. Apply for financial aid. Even with a job, you should be able to take 3 classes a semester and if you take classes in the summer, you should be done within less than 2 years. I know many guys who had to work as waiters, baristas, warehouse workers etc yet had the aptitude and work ethic to transfer within 2 years.
>>
>>35799164
Literally fox and the grapes right here. Just admit you're sad and lonely rather than pretend you're above the human need to be a part of a social tribe.
>>
>>35799288
There is no "human need," it's all in your head. We're born alone and die alone. That is the ultimate truth.
>>
>>35799392
We are inherently lonely in our minds which is why we seek social interaction. You literally cannot deny this; it's ingrained in our biology. There's no need to act like some lone wolf bitter edgelord. Just realize that you need to at least try to break out of your shell or accept that you want social interactions but can't get it.
>>
File: 259_1000.jpg (359KB, 1000x1333px)
259_1000.jpg
359KB, 1000x1333px
>>35798083
Most people don't have that college experience you see in the movies, unless your rich, a Chad, or a Stacy, of course
>>
>>35799164
Your argument isn't even making sense at this point.
We're all doing something by ourselves at some point
BUT WO HOLD ON... you can still have a friend though
I hope you figure life out buddy
>>
>>35799698
BUT WHY DO I NEED A FRIEND REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35799766
/r9k/ is the only friend you need
>>
>>35797660
There's no chance to socialize. People go home to their families right when class is up.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.