[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post a movie that has impacted or changed your being somehow.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 18

File: rain_man.jpg (58KB, 487x755px) Image search: [Google]
rain_man.jpg
58KB, 487x755px
post a movie that has impacted or changed your being somehow. not the most critically acclaimed or the highest rated but a movie that changed the way you thought about things. Or just one you really love
>>
File: taxidriver.jpg (74KB, 750x469px) Image search: [Google]
taxidriver.jpg
74KB, 750x469px
>>35796489
Taxi Driver. I may not think much of De Niro's politics but I think his performance perfectly depicted what a robot with some morals could be. I think he represents a pure robot. Not an incel who just hates women but a man who hates what society has made people become.

"Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up."
>>
File: cats_1.jpg (106KB, 418x600px) Image search: [Google]
cats_1.jpg
106KB, 418x600px
I never started smoking, so I guess that's cool.
Was also afraid of little trolls sucking the breath out of me for a while as a little kid, that sucked.
>>
>>35796489
5 Centimeters Per Second

It changed my life and made me realize that the world is fucked up, and if I won't just get the things I want because "that's the way it's supposed to be".
>>
File: IMG_2138.jpg (113KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2138.jpg
113KB, 1200x500px
Made me realize that cities are cancer
>>
File: whisper-2-1024x552.png (780KB, 1024x552px) Image search: [Google]
whisper-2-1024x552.png
780KB, 1024x552px
Spent about 2 weeks in a depressed state knowing this would NEVER happen to me
WHY cant I get a gf (first of all) who is actually interesting?
>>
File: Anomalisa_poster.jpg (59KB, 260x385px) Image search: [Google]
Anomalisa_poster.jpg
59KB, 260x385px
I see myself growing up to be this cunt
>>
>>35796692
op here, i saw this, i agree
>>
File: goodlordwhy.png (220KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
goodlordwhy.png
220KB, 442x341px
https://youtu.be/DEMICfWLOig?t=4m1s

ah yea this part gave my existential crisis when I was about 9 years old

The part where you watch terminator die through his eyes made me realize that one day that would happen to me
That one moment you would be alive and the next you would not exist
>>
File: garbage.png (569KB, 900x448px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
569KB, 900x448px
I've got sort of the opposite. everyone I know who's seen lars von trier movies has told me that they're fantastic but I watched antichrist the other day and I can't see what all the fuss is about. could someone explain it to me?
>>
>>35796771
whisper of the heart actually made me less depressed, it inspired me to read and make things again
but yeah it sucks that my life will never be that nice
>>
>>35796857
I had to watch melancholia twice. First time I switched it off. Second time I was depressed and its glacial pace and that fucking music repeating itself over and over somehow clicked with me and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>35796857
that's one of his lousier movies, imo. willem dafoe is in it, though, so there's a bright spot there.
>>
>>35796846
how do you feel about the idea of death now?
>>
File: drive-013.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
drive-013.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
unironically this movie made me wanna be a mechanic
>>
>>35796857
I never saw it, but I did watch Melancholia a few years ago and it was dog shit. Really overdone and the science was all wrong and the story didn't make any sense ("oh this huge planet is going to harmlessly pass by Earth in a few weeks but we somehow didn't see it until just now, but oh shit we miscalculated its trajectory because orbital mechanics hasn't been understood for the last 300 years and now it's coming back around to wipe out humanity so let's watch how these rich dickheads on farm or whatever deal with their impending doom").

I would give it an F but Charlotte Gainsbourg is in it and there's a scene where Kirsten Dunst shows her tits so it's a D-. Lars Von Trier is a hack.
>>
File: americanhistoryx.jpg (20KB, 360x198px) Image search: [Google]
americanhistoryx.jpg
20KB, 360x198px
American History X because curb stomping never looked so good
>>
File: IMG_6342.jpg (31KB, 270x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6342.jpg
31KB, 270x417px
This is a good ass movie, and an interesting portrayal of relative time via dramatic storytelling, but the soundtrack. The soundtrack fucks me the fuck up, really stirs up some deep feelings in me. Fear of the unknown and the uncertainty of my own future, yet somehow out of this it also inspires a powerful inspiration and ambition, a desire for adventure. I dunno, maybe that's a little dramatic, but this movie really stirs up my brain and I love it.
>>
File: wehadachance.jpg (67KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
wehadachance.jpg
67KB, 600x602px
>>35797016
I think that the meaning of like crystallizes into a single moment in time, the moment right before death, because it is the only moment of its kind that isnt smeared into the next. Every moment of experience is a means to get to the next. For example, you could be eating the best food of your life, but it would mean nothing because eventually the moment ends. Things only mean something when they are happening, otherwise they are just useless memories. And death is unique and meaningful because it stops that cycle.
>>
>>35796489

The Lobster because it made me realize that love is not real
>>
Anyone seen The Fountain,2006?

Seem to remember it stirring some shit up in me but I'll need to watch it again
>>
>>35796489
One of my favorites.

>There's the way it oughta be, and the way it is.
-Staff Sergeant Barnes
>>
File: 1490399831101.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1490399831101.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
>>35797148
what the hell man thats beautiful
>>
>>35797305
I think its a natural consequence of understanding from a young age that you need to try to appreciate what you have when you are young and have the chance, I picked this up quick because theres always themes in movies and people saying "youth is wasted on the young" etc.

Well when you approach life that way you kind of artificially try to "get" nice moments and imprint them, but you realize its impossible because they just become lifeless memories. I have countless memories of thinking "wow I really need to slow down and REALLY appreciate this moment" but its all fucking sand through my fingers. Sure I have this nice mental image, but it pales in comparison to actual experience.
>>
File: Fallen-Angels-195.jpg (368KB, 1920x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen-Angels-195.jpg
368KB, 1920x1064px
this movie made me want to be asian
>>
Can I post a video OP?
>>
>>35797439
if you dont mind, can you tell us an example of a moment that you actively tried to cherish as it was happening?
>>
>>35797491
umm sure, you dont need my permission actually as long as the post is oregano
>>
>>35797539
Thanks friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gQ3aAdhIo
>>
the first movie i can remember i had a strong reaction to was stand by me, i think i was like 6 or 7
>>
>>35797564
can i ask why exactly you posted this here?
>>
>>35797673
OP asked for a movie that changed or impacted my being. He granted me permission to post a video.
>>
>>35797523
They are always when I am alone, its the only time I have the presence of mind to actually have the chance to slow down and think about it, and they aren't good life event moments like graduation, birthdays etc because those do actually have some value as memories I think. Its more the raw experience of life itself.

I guess my point is the moments themselves dont matter, but its things like sitting on a bench on a beautiful day or walking down the street on a new spring day and everyone is out. Think about, these are the moments you want to save for those bad times in life, the moments you want to escape to when you need to.

But when you think about that WHILE you are experiencing the moment, it makes you think about the difference between actually experiencing this and how you cannot save it, because the actual experience is infinitely more rich than memories. And how the moment will eventually end and you will eventually hit those bad times.

It seems like some people think accepting death is just a matter of opening your "trove" of good memories before death and saying "I had a good life" but that doesn't actually mean anything you know?

I guess I am contradicting myself because I am saying death is the only meaningful moment and at the same time the only way experience can have meaning is if it lasts forever.
>>
File: athiesm makes me wet.jpg (52KB, 429x432px) Image search: [Google]
athiesm makes me wet.jpg
52KB, 429x432px
>>35797148
That's because in life the past and future exist as only memories, our consciousness is defined by the now, the present moment. I think even death will see the cycle of life repeat, I don't think a nothing after death can exist, as consciousness can not be nothing or perceive nothing. Our consciousness will end and start simultaneously and we will be conscious to perceive life, whether that's the same or different as the one we perceive now.
>>
File: Calvary_movieposter.jpg (11KB, 273x364px) Image search: [Google]
Calvary_movieposter.jpg
11KB, 273x364px
This film changed my views on organised religion.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.