[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /anhedonia/ here? how the fuck am I supposed to stop being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 1464388130071.png (496KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1464388130071.png
496KB, 633x758px
who /anhedonia/ here?

how the fuck am I supposed to stop being depressed if everything is so dull? if nothing at all satisfies me?
>>
>>35795699
drugs my dude
Your chemicals are fucked the wrong way. You need to fuck them the right way.
>>
>>35795711
already tried almost every anti depressive that exists, anon...
>>
>>35795699
Get ECT, maybe that'll do something :^)
>>
>>35795735
>ECT
I wish I could have a lobotomy tbqh

>tfw no early 20th century psychiatry
>>
>>35795731
>he fell for the SSRI meme
Haha, no. If it isn't literally addictive, it's shit.
Get some benzos, you may be able to convince your psychiatrist to prescribe them for you.
>>
>>35795731
Weed, Mushrooms, LSD. Take your pick, one of them will fix you right up. Worked for me.
>>
>>35795731
Then perhaps you need to travel to Peru and ingest some ayahuasca. It's some psychadelic drink that will apparently reset your brain.. That is, if you manage to live through the process.

I'm struggling with depression and other mental maladies as well and am considering doing this as a last resort.
>>
>>35795775
I take xanax and took other benzos before. They only help with anxiety and only for a short period of time

>>35795776
I use weed, but I only have bad trips lately. I feel sad when I'm high, but at least I feel something.
>>
>>35795776
Not OP but weed most certainly doesn't work on me. Apparently it does nothing but give me panic attacks, actually. None of the times I have smoked weed has ever been anything remotely resembling pleasant.
>>
>>35795811
I'm brazilian, there are ayahuasca here too, but I have no idea where I can find it. Only some kind of crazy cults are allowed to use it
>>
>>35795731
Doubtful. You've likely tried 3 or 4 at one dosage, didn't give them enough time to reach efficacy, and decided it was not for you. Go try something like escitalopram with an aripiprazole adjunct. Also get a metabolic panel done; you're likely severely deficient in vitamin D.
>>
>>35795865
I would imagine, something potentially deadly as this drug would be hard to find.

But the benefits tremendously outweigh the negatives of it, so it's a net positive if you survive.
>>
File: 20161026_171523.jpg (1MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20161026_171523.jpg
1MB, 4128x3096px
>>35795911
here is my box of old medicines if you don't believe me...
>>
>>35795948
Not surviving would actually be better. I know I guy who used it, he said it was cool and all, but nothing really changed.
>>
>>35796032
I can't read anything on those boxes; could be anything. Even then, there are more than (what looks to be in that box) 14 medications for treating these things.
>>
>>35796069
they're all anti depressives and a some lamotrigine as well. I've tried 6 different antidepressives that I can remember. All of them up to the maximum dosage.
>>
>>35796058
Well I guess I've been a fed a meme then.

Feels bad.
>>
>>35795699
KYS fagit. Try fingering your rectum and if that doesn't work, live stream your suicide please, I need to cum.
>>
>>35795699

>/anhedonia/

Are you woody allen? I haven't heard it called that in twenty years
>>
>>35796109
Can you just post the names of those chemicals? Obviously you can omit lamotrigine.
>>
>>35795830
Do Acid, it will solve all of your problems in life.
>>
>>35795911
I dun OD'd on deh vitamin C
>>
File: shannon.jpg (20KB, 236x439px) Image search: [Google]
shannon.jpg
20KB, 236x439px
>>35796069
>less interested in giving helpful advice than in proving that OP isn't trying hard enough

I also don't have any advice for you because I'm unhappy as well OP.
>>
Do not, whatever you do, try to feel. Being happy even temporarily will mess you up worse than not feeling now.
IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

That bullshit quote about it's better to love and lose, it's not. Don't believe it.

Please save yourself the trouble anon.
>>
>>35796174
sertraline, escitalopram, mirtazapine, venlafaxine, bupropion and fluoxetine. I've took 2 or even 3 of them at the same time as well.
>>
File: 1483691028150.jpg (46KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
1483691028150.jpg
46KB, 625x625px
What's up with the junkies lately?
Stop shilling and get out weednormies.
>>
>>35796233
How long did you take each of these for?
>2-3 at the same time
Don't do that and don't go back to doctor that was engaging in retarded polypharmacy.
>>
>>35796231
I know. I was kinda happy one time in my life. Not worth at all. I just want to be interested in somethings like vidya and anime once again. I can't stand this numbness.
>>
>>35796260
Depends. Bupropion I quit very fast, it was making me feel really bad. Escitalopram I took for more than a year. The others between 6 months to 9 months, I guess. My memory is kinda shit.
>>
>>35796314
Were any of them more effective than the others?
>>
>>35795699
I'm right there with you, OP. It's nice knowing 100% now that I have a disorder and life doesn't have to be shitty, but Anhedonia success stories are so rare it's terrifying. I've heard some good stuff about random drugs like Fluoxetine and Pramipexole, but the vast majority of antidepressants appear to be useless for it.

The shit I like to do keeps falling. Fuck, even wallowing in your sadness is a luxury - I can't make myself sad if I try, I just get a migraine. My mind's like a giant blank now, almost unaffected by external stimuli. I feel disconnected from the world around me, never truly in the moment. It's really shitty.

>>35796231
Once you remember all you've lost over the years, there's no going back.
>>
>>35796314
I've been in the same situation(multiple anti-depressants with no results) and I got over my anhedonia but I can't remember how because my memory is shit too.
Sorry.
>>
>>35796368
escitalopram was a little bit better, but nothing that I can say that changed something.

>>35796374
>My mind's like a giant blank now
Mine is a great fog. I can't even think like before anymore. Yeah, I'm really afraid it will last forever...
>>
>>35796451
Well like I said before: you've hardly scratched the surface of psychiatric treatment. You've been taking a bunch of medications that all act on the (simplifying here because there's no reason to give a complex answer) neurotransmitter and largely the same receptors in slightly different ways, aside from venlafaxine which acts on 2 different ones. If escitalopram was the most effective out of all of those, I would suggest taking that again, 20-30mgs of it, along with an adjunct like aripiprazole 2mg. If that doesn't work, I'd change the aripiprazole to olanzipine 5-10mg.

If that still didn't work, I'd begin trying different, newer, or atypical antidepressants. Maybe Trintellix or Ami/Nortriptyline.

I'd also suggest a metabolic panel to see your Vitamin D levels.
>>
>>35796584
>D
Not OP but I thought B12 was the depression vitamin.
>>
>>35796584
What's your background in this? Do you know of any instances where Anhedonia has been treated with medication? Not a challenge, I'm really curious.
>>
>>35796619
D3 is usually implicated more than B12. Ever hear of "seasonal affective disorder"? It's basically just a bunch of cunts that are more sensitive to the deceased vitamin D they produce during the winter.
>>35796638
Does it matter? Anhedonia is nearly always a symptom or comorbid with depression. Treating one usually fixes the other.
>>
>>35796695
>Does it matter?
Well, yeah. Anhedonia is by far my strongest symptom. If I enjoyed things, I wouldn't feel depressed. You might say I have Dysthymia due to low energy levels, but I could easily fix that problem with a proper diet. There's no easy way to make life enjoyable again.
>>
>>35795731
bruh fuck all them other bitch pills
what you need is pharmaceutical speed
get on that adderall baby!!!
>>
>>35796744
>Well, yeah.
If I told you I was a psychiatrist you wouldn't believe me. If I told you I had no clinical background you would dismiss my suggestions. If you want to take my suggestions, go ahead. If you don't, that's okay too. It doesn't really matter.
>Dysthymia
You'll find that everything I've suggested to you is indicated for PDD. Like I said before, treat one and you usually fix the other. You could also try behavioral therapy to rework your thought processes and relearn how to enjoy things; I would suggest both therapy and pharmaceutical treatment.
>>
>>35796862
>you wouldn't believe me
Nah, I would. You sound like you know what you're talking about, and I was curious, so I asked. Don't you like to know a little about people before taking their advice? Regardless, I'll take it. I've seen a therapist since January, but he's mainly a family counselor that does it for free, and I'm sure behavioral therapy would be more beneficial.
>>
>>35796949
If someone is giving me advice in person, sure. Online advice is only as good as it is accurate.

Anyway, good luck.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.