[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any success with self treatment of psychological

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: BrainProblems.jpg (49KB, 583x381px) Image search: [Google]
BrainProblems.jpg
49KB, 583x381px
Anyone have any success with self treatment of psychological issues? Just working through this shit on your own without a therapist. I am fairly certain I have avoidant personality disorder. From some research, anti depressants don't really help with this. The main treatment is just talking with a therapist. Last time I talked with a professional I was in a psychward and I don't want to do that again.

So has anyone been successful with "self therapy" i guess?
>>
Smoke some weed and get real introspective, or psychadelics, though I personally don't recommend those, had bad experiences with them, but you might not, I don't know. Either way, I'm not sure we can be fixed, either by talking with 'professionals' or yourself. Sometimes your wounds go so deep not even a world class surgeon can pull whatever's infecting you out. I long ago stopped feeling like a person, I'm just a ghost traveling through this world, waiting for the next one.

Try some anti-ds, try some smoke, try whatever you want, except maybe heroin and meth, those are the big no no drugs.

Not all experiences are the same, so try what you want and maybe give a psych a shot. Personally I found psych ward kind of comforting. Never once did I hear a negative word, comment, or put down. If I wasn't shackled there I would have enjoyed it more. 3 meals, snacks when I want them(am diabetic) tv to watch and books to read. Admittedly they were shit books and lady romance novels about periods and bleeding down there, but whatever, some were funny as fuck(probably unintentionally.) So, I don't know, you have a lot of options open to you, give a few a try before you off yourself.
>>
>>35795937
I have thought a lot about self medicating. However that is not an option for me. I work in a steel mill and random drug testing is normal because of the whole safety aspect.

As for my stay in a psychward the best parts were the other patients. I had never connected with a group of people on that level before. All of them knew what I was talking about. Just the nurses and staff didn't get it at all. I have had bad luck with therapists as well.

thanks though
>>
i guess not eh...
>>
>>35796401
Do not self medicate. You can recover, like me, or you can have permanent side effects. Also, I got a full protein screen which tested my DNA and its compatibility with certain prescription drugs and was able to finally change my anti-depression meds into something that worked.
>>
>>35795512
Writing in a journal really helped me. I feel like I'm much less of a retard since I started doing that.

Psychology professor Jordan B Peterson's "self-authoring" courses for self-improvement are all the rage right now, they're supposed to be really good; I might try that.
>>
>>35795512

Go outside, take a deep breather, remember that you are but an insignificant speck in the grand scheme of things and that no matter what's happened, the fact that you're still alive and kicking means you're doing something right.

Sit down, lookat the shit you don't like, and start working on them, they won't be fixed tomorrow, but as long as you know want this and that to get better it will as long as you work on it.
>>
>>35795937
>Smoke some weed and get real introspective

Stoner tards are like a self parody
>>
>>35795512
Yep, used to have problems with OCD, fear and intrusive thoughts. Life has been so vile to me, however, that it cured me of pretty much all of it. What more can life take from me? What more is there to fear that hasn't already been done to me? I'm already going to die, so how is death a threat? And given my continual displeasure with life, there really isn't any suffering that can be inflicted upon me that actually matters anymore. I do still get stressed if I'm operating at too high an awareness level for too long though, but honestly, that's probably just the native flaws of the human meat acting up.
>>
>>35797498
I went on effexor and welbutrin for a full year at fairly decent dosages and had no change. I took myself off cold turkey and had no side effects. So that could be something to look into.

>>35797518
I have not heard of that. I do write about my thoughts occasionally. I will look into that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.