[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies make such a big deal out of going to funerals

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1490131678694.jpg (223KB, 961x816px) Image search: [Google]
1490131678694.jpg
223KB, 961x816px
Why do normies make such a big deal out of going to funerals for people you don't know that well? I can understand going to one for a close family member or a best friend, but normies get mad at people who don't go to funerals for people who they just kind of know. I don't see why anybody should feel guilty for not going to the funeral of somebody they weren't that close with, even if they were related by blood. But normies still make a big deal out of it anyways. The cunt's dead anyways it's not like he could know or care who was there.
>>
Its more about showing and providing support than actually being there for the dead person
>>
>>35792090
Out of respect. The big question is why do normies make a big deal out of someone who doesn't run their mouth 24/7 ?
>>
>>35792126
So it's like a way to signal to everyone else who's there how respectful and virtuous you are? I'm not trying to belittle the people that do this I'm just very autistic and want to understand their motives.
>>
>>35792162
Yea, pretty much. Just a way to show support for them and to give a shoulder to cry on or just being someone to talk to.
Went to my a funeral for one of my friend's brother, mainly to show support to him and his family.
>>
>>35792350
>goes to funeral
>not to honor the dead person
>but to signal to everyone that the funeral is really about the "rough time the family is going through"
Haha yeah anon, it must suck to die, but it totally sucks more to be alive! So I go to funerals to show support to people that are alive! Because living is worse than dying. Haha funerals totally aren't about the dead person, they are totally about supporting people that are alive XDDD
>>
File: helperdoesntunderstand.jpg (98KB, 1456x896px) Image search: [Google]
helperdoesntunderstand.jpg
98KB, 1456x896px
I'm an autistic, mentally crippled wreck who can't deal with death in any sort of "healthy" manner.
At least I don't know many people to look down at me for just doubling down on drug addiction when someone dies, and trying to pretend the world doesn't happen outside my head.
>>
File: spaghetti.png (114KB, 456x356px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.png
114KB, 456x356px
>>35792475
Your autism speaks volumes. If you don't know the person, but have a relationship with the folks who did, why wouldn't you? Dead people dont give a fuck if you go or not
>>
>>35792682
The whole point of a funeral is to honor the fucking dead. How can normies not understand this? Why do they always make shit about themselves?
>hur my fran dye
>u shu be peying reespek 2 me
>fugg my fran
>funeral nowt uhbot him it uhbot meeee
>>
i only go to closely related family funerals. i don't bother with distantly related cousins and all that crap, and i don't give a shit what they think. what are they going to do? not come to my funeral when i die? lol.
>>
>>35792868
I feel you on that. I only go when it is someone close, or someone close to a close friend,family
>>
>>35792090
do they?
i live in a small city and ive never been pressured for someone outside of the family
>>
>at my Uncle or Grandma's funeral
>I am smiling
>other Grandma tells me to stop smiling
Fucking cunt.
>>
>>35792350
Don't you think it's a pretty insulting gesture to go to the funeral of someone you barely fucking knew just so you could pat yourself on the back for how much of a good person you are and do that thing that normies always do where you pretend to feel really, really sad for the next few days as if your heart had been ripped out of your chest but then go back to acting all happy and normal right after because you never really cared in the first place and it was all just a show?
>>
>>35792995
Your post reminds of the time a kid nobody was friends with tragically died. Fucking roastie sluts who had bullied and laughed at him were pretending they actually gave a fuck about him just so they could get out of school. But of course you couldn't call them out on their bullshit.
>>
>>35792995
Actually not at all. Knowing that I'm there providing support for a friend in need gives me enough satisfaction.
>>
>>35792995
>all just a show

you have to realize this is what normies expect, they want a show. it's all fake, they know its all fake, but you have to play along
>>
>>35793095
>goes to a funeral to provide support
>not to honor the dead
Way to disrespect the dead person you unrelenting piece of shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.