[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is rape worse than murder, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12

File: s034.jpg (238KB, 870x1305px) Image search: [Google]
s034.jpg
238KB, 870x1305px
Is rape worse than murder, /r9k/?
>>
Depends on the extent. If you kidnap a girl and gangrape her for days, weeks, I think that's worse because you're torturing her. A one time thing though? No.
>>
source? And I'd say it depends on how it affects the individual victim.
>>
>>35789496
Of course not, I would rather be raped than murdered. Even though both are unpleasant to say the least.
>>
>ywn take care of a rape victim and have her fall for you
>>
>>35789496
Pretty sure killing someone is worse than fiddling with their bum a bit.

But I expect people would argue otherwise and they'd be wrong.
>>
One is permanent.
>>
>>35789496

That is like asking is it better to die or to live and suffer. I think life is better. So murder is worse. After all rape is taking someone's body/dignity. Murder is taking everything.
>>
>>35789496
Most people who are raped don't go on to kill themselves.
>>
Culturally im the west rape is viewed as worse than murder, but when you critically examine it it doesn't make a lot of sense. When you break it down to its core, one is the complete destruction of another person, removing them from this plane of existence permanently, the other is fucking them without their permission. Certainly not a good thing, but murder is way worse.
>>
>>35790321
Killing another human being is sometimes justified or at least understandable, so there's no impulsive "this is always bad" reaction, unlike rape.
>>
Makes no difference. Both should carry the death penalty.
>>
>>35790353
>>35790353
>Killing another human being is sometimes justified or at least understandable

Yeah, that's precisely what murder is not.
>>
File: 1385070250670.jpg (45KB, 558x418px) Image search: [Google]
1385070250670.jpg
45KB, 558x418px
>>35790359
here's your hard earned
(you)
>>
I'd rather be killed than raped.
Rape is forcing your will onto someone else , it changes who the victim is.
Murder is removal of their existence, however it doesn't change your identity.
After being murdered you will still be remembered as the person you were before.

I'm can't explain it very well, but there's just something disgusting about rape to me whilst murder seems more sanitized. Even if it is the persons brains being smeared across the walls.
>>
>>35790381
"Murder" is a legal classification, not an ethical one.

Regardless, it's mentally put in the same bucket as "killing people". Rape has its own associations.
>>
>>35789640
This made me keek
>>
>>35789496
It depends on the severity of the rape, but even more so on the character of the rapee. Their personal strength, their understanding of the world, self perception, ect. Some people are destroyed by rape, others simply move on with their lives after a few weeks or months of trauma. It's a lot like PTSD for example. My grandpa went to vietnam just like many others. When he came back he was just as thrown off by civilian life as anyone else, but he didn't develop ptsd. He accepted what happened and what had been done, and he moved on. He has always been proof to me that what you see and experience in life doesn't have to define you as a person.

Personally I think it's just a matter of emotional/mental strength.
>>
>>35790447
It would largely depend on the type of person the victim is. Its not like you can never recover, although it will have a permanent impact. Theres still a chance to live after rape, while murder is absolute
>>
>>35790529
My mom was raped. That's how I was made. She's 100% normal today.
>>
>>35789640
Goblin Slayer manga. It's aight.
>>
>>35790529
Yeah you have to live with rape, you don't have to live with death.
I'd still prefer death.
>>
File: 1490181040301.png (380KB, 639x359px) Image search: [Google]
1490181040301.png
380KB, 639x359px
>>35790353
>Killing another human being is sometimes justified or at least understandable
>tfw people have to use justified killing meme to delude themselves into thinking they are still good people after doing a "savage" act to someone who has also done a "savage" act
Justified or not atleast accept the fact that what you're doing is "not right" no matter how justified you want to make it
>>
>>35790569
Even in dark moments there is still a way forward. Ypu are proof of that. These people make it out that after rape you remain a shell for the rest of your life. Even the weakest of people will eventually pick themselves up
>>
>>35790645
Self defense is trivially justifiable.
>>
>>35790447
I think it's a matter of respect.
Being dominated shows a great disrespect.
Whilst death doesn't really have the same connotations.
>>
>>35790645
Tldr: murder is murder justified killing is a meme it's still murder
>>
>>35790703
Killing someone is the ultimate disrespect.
>>
File: YOU'RE MY FAVORITE DEPUTY.jpg (47KB, 650x728px) Image search: [Google]
YOU'RE MY FAVORITE DEPUTY.jpg
47KB, 650x728px
>usgov uses rape as a deterrent
>expects me to give a shit about some bitch's modesty being outraged when I could be turned inside out by niggers for forgetting to renew my hunting license

loving every laugh
>>
>>35790695
I'm more talking about people who say it wasn't murder because <insert justified killing meme here> you still murdered another human being
>>
File: wut.jpg (22KB, 470x459px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
22KB, 470x459px
>>35790210
>But I expect people would argue otherwise and they'd be right.
Fixed that for you, babyboy.

LOL at the robots thinking murder is worse. Rape is infinitely the worst thing you can do to a woman. Is this how you virgins going to justify your actions when you finally snap and rape a girl?
>>
>>35790777
Rape is only worse if you have an unreslistic sense of security.

Not me. That's why I carry two knives, a gun, and proximity beepers so that if anyone gets too close to me an alarm goes off and I give them a preemptive warning stab.
>>
>>35789496
Rape. I would never let someone rape me. I'll bite my tongue off before they take me alive. Of course I am no man but a hhkv female. Men might brush it off but I won't. I would probably get revenge if I did live with it. Then suicide later

>>35790268
>murder is taking everything
Is this serious? Death is true peace and absolute bliss. I would rather die with dignity and honor than live with shame.

Of course it's different for men.
>>
>>35790777

Is this bait? are you seriously THIS brainwashed?

If you get raped you can kill yourself. You cannot choose rape after you get murdered you fucking retard.
>>
>>35790777
I'd rather put my willy in a girls bum than kill her given no other choices.

Good digits tho.
>>
>>35790359
Agreed. Violating another human being in such a violent and degrading way is abhorrent. Always stand strong for yourself. Don't let someone walk over you.
>>
>>35790721
I guess we'll just have to disagree.
Although I'd like to see your reasoning.
I obviously don't regard life as highly as you.

IMO a good life cut short is better than a life prolonged by abuse.
>>
>>35790830
>Death is true peace and absolute bliss

If you honestly believed that you wouldn't still be alive.
>>
>>35789496
Depends on the severity of the rape

Taking a drunk sorority girl home for a night isn't as bad as say, kidnapping an underage highschooler and forcefeeding her semen for 12 years
>>
File: 1488143815871.jpg (464KB, 1172x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1488143815871.jpg
464KB, 1172x1190px
Human rape is not. It's terrible sure, but I can think of many things worse than the temporary pain of rape.

Getting GOBLED would be worse than death.
>>
>>35790522
There is no severity scale but deoends on the victim themselves. Rape is always rape, However if the girl takes tons of dicks that will lessen the impact it has on her. If the girl is a virgin that will destroy her. If the girl is in a relationship (and has had less than 3 sexual partners) that will also destroy her.

>>35790569
I knew someone who was raped and had the baby out of religious beliefs. They hated the child and put it for adoption.

Your mom was probably "raped" by someone close to her.
>>
>>35790882
>Taking a drunk sorority girl home for a night isn't as bad

Taking a drunk sorority girl home for a night isn't rape
>>
File: pee.jpg (155KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pee.jpg
155KB, 800x1200px
This is the best manga out right now tbqh.
>>
>>35790872
I'm going to die eventually and have no intention of prolonging my life. Of course I believe it. You don't need to be suicidal to see peace in death. Why is every post here black and white. You can't see colors either?
>>
>>35789496
Hell yeah
with a single rape you can ruin an entire generation of powerful and skilled men.
>>
>>35791021
The courts say otherwise
>>
File: 1473401337046.jpg (100KB, 998x810px) Image search: [Google]
1473401337046.jpg
100KB, 998x810px
>>35789496
>women fuck strangers all the time
>getting fucked by a stranger is worse than getting butchered
women are just drama queens
>>
>>35790830
>Of course it's different for men.

I'm >>35790447
>>35790703
and I'm a guy.
>>
>>35791058
Because courts have never been inconsistent or wrong, right?
>>
>>35790830
>Of course it's different for men.
Uh no, men don't like being raped either you sexist piece of shit. Most men would find it incredibly humiliating and terrible but they're not so dramatic to think it's better than death.
>>
>>35791088
You can tell yourself you're right when you're being raped by Jamal in a 5 by 5 prison cell
>>
File: cap.png (78KB, 236x200px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
78KB, 236x200px
>>35791128
I have no intention of taking home drunk sorority girls, thats disgusting. But not because its "rape".

Let's look at this logically.

If a girl gets drunk and murders someone, she faces charges. Being drunk is not a valid excuse. Nobody argues she isn't responsible because she was drunk.

If a girl gets drunk and drives her car into a building, she faces charges. Being drunk is not an excuse. Nobody argues that she wasn't responsible for getting in her car because she was drunk

If a girl gets drunk and fucks some guy, suddenly she's a helpless victim who couldn't consent and had no choice in the matter. Also if a guy had sex while drunk he wasn't raped because men are disgusting pigs who always want sex, even if its a horrifying 2/10 landwhale who he only fucked thanks to beer goggles.
>>
Murder can be done very quickly and in rage. Rape always implies a plan and there is more time for the rapist to think about what he is doing and to decide against it.
>>
>>35791114
You'd live with being raped by a black man for the rest of your life?
>>
>>35790674
Yeah they told my mom to abort me kek.

Feels good
>>
>>35789496
I would argue that murder is worse than rape because there is no possible way to recover from murder
>>
>>35791295
I don't blame you for being weak, most people here are. This is the kind of place weak people congregate. Just don't tell me how everyone else feels because you feel that way. There's no manditory effects of being raped, it's up to you.
>>
File: 1433402870402.png (90KB, 921x735px) Image search: [Google]
1433402870402.png
90KB, 921x735px
>>35789496
Murder is way worse but I personally would rather be murdered than raped because I don't want to live anymore
>>
>>35790268
No murder does not necessarily take your dignity.
>>
>>35791442
neither does rape
>>
>>35791442
So you'd prefer your dignity to your life?
>>
>>35789496
Of course it's not
Stupid question
>>
>>35791442
a corpse has no dignity
>>
>>35791527
Then why do people hold ceremonies for them?
>>
>>35789496
No, its just a social faux pas that people take way to seriously.

Given how slutty modern liberated women are, consent is a mere formality.

Rape was a justified taboo when girls were expected to be chaste- it was a crime against their chastity not a against "muh body muh choice" or whatever else feminists bitch about.

>girl brags to the whole world about how she loves hopping on hundreds of rando dick
>girl wears revealing and sexy clothing in public in front of horny guys.
>girl makes guy horny, he is too ugly for her to consent to sex with him
>girl gets mad she was "raped"
>>
>>35791367
Weaknesses is letting yourself be raped or living with it
You couldn't kill yourself before being raped because you're a pussy with no honor.
>>
>>35791556
for the benefit of the living, to mourn and make peace
>>
>>35791563
But you're forgetting chaste women still exist. It's not okay for them to be raped
>>
>>35791571
Bullshit autism
>>
>>35791465
In what case does it not?
>>
>>35791590
They hold ceremonies to remember and respect the dead.
We have a whole day dedicated to this.
>>
>>35790353
>there's no impulsive "this is always bad" reaction, unlike rape.
Actually, this is false. Marital "rape" is a very recent taboo (like 1970's recent), And many societies, including Ancient Greece and Rome, practiced sex slavery and concubinage.

And people, even as recently as the 90's, didn't take rape claims by promiscuous sluts too seriously.

So yes, there is such a thing as "justifiable rape"
>>
>>35791466
Not what i said but murder does not have to be degrading. Rape is degrading by the nature of the act.
>>
>>35791644
In what case does it? Explain to me how having a willy put in you without permission automatically and permanently removes your dignity
>>
>>35791685
Do you think there's never been a case where someone was raped and shrugged it off?
What about a sleeping rape? Or raping a comatose patient?
They aren't even aware of it, so their dignity could remain entirely intact.
>>
>>35791599
Only little girls and (some) muslim women.

If a Western white girls living in a college town or liberal city, there is a huge chance she is a slut.
>>
>>35791685
>Rape is degrading by the nature of the act.
"rape" can also be an act of love
>>
>>35791685
Boo fucking hoo

Everything in the world can be taken from anyone in an instant. Nobody is ever safe. This should be imprinted on your mind.

There is no "dignity" it's a social construct. As long as nobody knows you've been raped it mas as well have not even happened. The problem is that before it happened you failed to understsnd reality.
>>
>>35791527
Depends.. The corpse itself has no perception of its own because its dead but rather the People around it. I dont really know how to word it, there is just no inherent degrading component in murder like it is in rape.
>>
>>35791775
mas = may

may as well have not even happened. Spend less time listening to people tell you how certain things are supposed to make you feel and the severity they have on your life.
>>
>>35791775
>There is no "dignity" it's a social construct.
And? If you're going for the social construct so it's shit angle then you might as well say that Rape and Murder aren't bad because morals are a social construct.
>>
>>35791745
Then i would not consider it rape.
>>
>>35791699
If someone rammed something inside your ass against your will you would not feel degraded?
>>
>>35791805
If dignity is an internally held abstract (how the person feels about itself) then a corpse can have no dignity, and rape victim might retain theirs due to no memory, or some other rationale.

If dignity is an externally held abstract (how others feel about you) then a corpse can have dignity, and a rape victim who never admits to being rapes can as well.
>>
>>35791828
also
>As long as nobody knows you've been murdered it mas as well have not even happened.
What a shit argument.
>>
>>35791867
A little bit. Sure. Not permanently though. Life is full of shit like that. Any time in life you're made to feel less powerful you're going to feel degraded. Life is full of those. Rape is a terrible crime for sure, but I don't know how you can say it just ruins you when so many rape victims deal with it fine.
>>
>>35791775
Mist things in our society are a social construct. All the laws, politics etc. So what? Whats your point?
>>
>>35791805
Is rape inherently degrading?
statutory rape is also considered rape, even between a loving couple. Is the underaged partner degraded?
>>
>>35791900
If the rape victim had no memory of being raped and only outsiders would know, the victim would have dignity left, so i guess dignity would be a rather internal perception.
>>
>>35791959
I would say it depends on the mental maturity. Maybe not during the act itself but later down the line. I was talking about a different kind of rape involving force
>>
>>35792171
But to differentiate types of rape is already allowing for the possibility that some rape isn't rape, nor degrading.
>>
>>35792171
>>35792200
I'll point out that some no-consent rapes don't involve any physical force.
A woman could be raped while coerced by blackmail, or simply feel she can't say no because of social situations. Or be too drunk to comprehend what's going on, or even convey dissent with that's occuring.
>>
>>35792200
It is always degrading if it involves forcing another person to engage in the act against their will.
I am not a Fan of calling things from your example "rape", call it child abuse or grooming for all I care.
>>
>>35792243
If she is drunk and initiates the act or consents while under influence of alcohol its not rape. She is an adult. If she gets that retarded while drinking she should stay sober.
That is not in the same cathegory as blackmail.
>>
>>35791720
>only little girls and some Muslims women
You are honestly speaking accurately for over 8 billion people half of which should be female.
You're going to tell me you legitimately know for a fact that only a "few" people on this planet are virgins.
Laughable.
>>
>>35789496
Do you prefer to kill you or break your legs?
Do you prefer to break your legs or rape you?
There you got it. It is that simple. From all the bad things you can do to person rape is not even in top 5 hell it is not even in top 10. When you think raping someone is bad imagine gouging his eyes. That is why rape never works well as torture and very rarely gives results, but lets say mutilation or using drill on someone bones do.
>>
>>35792328
I should have used a better example for drunkenness. I meant more along the lines of "unable to speak in coherent sentences"
or similarly given rohypnol or some other drug.
>>
>>35792272
The definition of rape is non-constual sex.
Calling only violent rape "rape" is incorrect usage of the term.
>>
>>35792500
*non-consentual

constuals are probably fine
>>
>>35792480
Depends how much it numbs their mind during the act then, i guess. The less they experience clearly, the better they might cope with it along the line i guess. If a drug just Blocks the motor skills or paralyzes them, it probably has the exact opposite effect and makes it way worse.
>>
>>35789496
>Is rape worse than murder, /r9k/?
Entirely case by case.

>"raped"
lol
>raped
Bad, could fuck you up for a few weeks/months or even life, but it's not the same as murder.
>kidnapped and repeatedly raped/tortured
This is worse than murder.

So basically torture is worse than murder, but rape isn't necessarily torture.
>>
>>35792593
How about a situation where she's black-out drunk?
If she has no memory and never finds out, wouldn't she retain her dignity?
>>
>>35792635
I would say murder is worse than torture, because there is no way to recover from murder.

With years of therapy, you might work through your experiences being tortured.
But you're murdered forever
>>
rape it effects people's lives.
>>
>>35792639
As long as no memory of it comes back..Would be better than experience it all I guess.
>>
>>35791828
>>35791920
Listen, you're really stupid. I know that's insulting but I'm not telling you that for the value of being insulting itself. I'm telling you this so that next time you'll lurk instead of posting and avoid leading decently intelligent people astray.

Moving on because I feel I have to at least attempt to reply in a way you'll understand:
In reference to your first post, all of those things have value although dignitiy is not the same as the others. Having dignity isn't something you affect on others. There is no inherent value or usefulness in having dignity, although pretty much everyone has a "sense" of it, an inherent understanding of it just as the inherent understanding that murder is wrong. You can argue about where our belief in the wrongness of murder comes from and why we feel how we feel about it but in the end it's irrelevant to this conversation except in that we need people to understand murder is wrong for society to function. This is not the case for dignity. You are free to choose how much dignity affects you, except in how dignified others view you.

As to your second even dumber point, of fucking course muder affects you, you're dead. But we aren't talking about muder are we? How was that even relevant to bring up? Death is a physical and tangible thing as far as we know. Dignity is a concept in your mind.

FUCK YOU post less please. Stop wasting everyones time. Unfortunately though most people here are just as stupid as you are, making me wonder why I come here in the first place.
>>
>>35791945
Laws and politics have to affect you. There is usually nothing you can do about it.

You don't have to have your life ruined by rape. Fucking move on, don't be stupid.
>>
>>35791646
Prison rape's the only modern exception.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.