[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do normalfags work jobs while in school? How the fuck am

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1477728589400.jpg (9KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1477728589400.jpg
9KB, 180x180px
How do normalfags work jobs while in school?
How the fuck am I supposed to support myself completely and take a full load of courses for 4 years straight minimum?
>>
>>35788735
Here in italy we don't, I was amazed and scared by the fact that you Marry-fatsos go to college+have a job, I still can't quite wrap my mind around it.

A few poorfags do it here but most don't
>>
File: 544354634.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
544354634.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>35788735
>How the fuck am I supposed to support myself completely and take a full load of courses for 4 years straight minimum?
I've been paying for online classes for 2 semesters and supporting myself for the past 2 years solely from selling drugs.

Either you'll find a hustle, or you'll just have to wagecuck. A lot of campuses offer opportunities to work on-site too while studying.

Are you paying for your tuition too, or just trying to support yourself?
>>
School loans, parents, having roommates, etc. Although there are some who straight up work 8 hours a day and still manage it.
>>
I worked 45hr/week while taking 14 - 18hrs school and dropped out my 2nd semester because I couldn't keep up. That was while still taking piss-easy prereq classes. Still trying to figure out how to afford to start back.
>>
>>35788835
Last time I tried school it became apparent quickly that working 40-50 hour weeks at a warehouse 10pm-6am and taking classes is simply impossible. Yet I hear about normalfaggots working full time and doing school, so I don't understand how they do it. Tuition was free because my parents are below the poverty line and so am I, but I just had to drop out after a few weeks.
>>
>>35788835
Do you live with your parents? If not how much are you living expenses on average? Also, how much do you pay for tuition?
>>
>>35788735
Idk but every girl I talk to who's 17 or 18 goes to school while working till midnight every night

Literally just school work sleep weekends lmao while I get high lmao
>>
>>35788735
I don't get it too. Most people I know who work and study don't show up to lots of classes.
>>
File: 1488940584768.jpg (55KB, 640x489px) Image search: [Google]
1488940584768.jpg
55KB, 640x489px
>>35788928
You need to find a job with hours that'll work around your school schedule. It sucks, but it's life. My advice for you us take online classes. I'm currently taking 5 classes all online. I had to attend an on-campus introductory course but it's very worth it

You need self-discipline, but it's better to come home from hard day of work and sit in pajamas while doing schoolwork than having to prepare to go to school right after a hard day at work.

>>35788941
No. I live with a roommate and we share the expenses. I pay about 400 to 500 bucks a month on rent, and that incudes utilities and whtanot. That doesn't include gas and groceries, which fluctuate

On average, I pay about 600 bucks a semester. I only go to community college.
>>
>>35789066
>works around school schedule
I don't think it's possible to still support myself working 8-10hr days and take 6-8hrs of school. It's not a question of working around school, because I work when there are no classes. It's a question of time. Even if I abuse my sleep disorder medication and stay up 20hrs a day instead of 16 or 18, there is simply not enough time to work, go to class, feed myself, do homework, do other things, etc.

Obviously this could be managed if my cost of living was significantly reduced, but that's not possible as I cannot live with my family nor with any other human because of assburgers.
>>
>>35789066
Do they count attendance for online classes?
>>
Bump
Wjwjwvwheydhevebwi
>>
>>35789185
Then an option you'd have to look into is working part-time. It'd be a hurdle for you to lower your living expenses but you might need to find a way since with part-time work you'll be making about half as much as you would be full time

>>35789187
No. You have to turn in the assignments and work at every deadline but other than that, online classes let you choose your own hours to study and get work done. I highly recommend it if you know how to discipline yourself.
>>
>>35789587
Working part time isn't really an option unless I can find a part time job that pays at least $16/hr with no degree or any marketable skills besides general computer knowledge and a 35 ACT. I don't think receptionists or tutors make anywhere near that much.
>>
File: wojak.png (40KB, 294x335px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
40KB, 294x335px
how do wagecucks work at all?
>>
>>35788735
I don't think I could ever handle that. Especially while doing engineering. Luckily my parents have all costs covered.
>>
>>35789855
I'm pretty sure STEM majors don't work and study
>>
>>35788835
Living the dream mate
Oregano
>>
>>35789872
I'm doing STEM and I'm 6k short from covering all my costs. Since it's not a lot I'm considering just getting a loan because I tried to be a wagecuck and it give me severe anxiety and I literally had no time for anything despite it being part time.
>>
>>35790025
>>35789855
So it's basically impossible then.
>>
Hopefully new IP bump.
>>
>>35790082
It could be possible with a comfy job. I had a stressful retail job so that could be why I felt so tired and had no time for things outside of work. But if you're like me, and you get stressed out easily, I would just go with a loan. I guess if you're doing STEM it won't be horrible to pay it back. That is, if you don't suck at your major and you play your cards right.
>>
>>35790461
>Loan
Tuition isn't the issue. It's paying for rent/food/medication/psychiatrist/gas/utilities.
>>
File: 1485970097725.jpg (77KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1485970097725.jpg
77KB, 384x384px
>How do normalfags work jobs while in school?

They don't. At least they don't work full time. Here's the thing, they say they're "working" but it's really something like one 4-hour shift a week. That's what they mean when they brag about shit like 'working 3 jobs while raising chilluns.'

Yeah, technically they're working 3 jobs but what they don't tell you is that one is 12 hours a week, one is 4 hours a week, and one is 16 hours a week. All together it doesn't even come out to full time.

Not working a job like someone who's ACTUALLY working and surviving solely off that income, they're just doing it a few hours a week for pocket money to buy beer and pot.
>>
>>35789185

I've been working my job for 2 years and I'm going to start school this coming fall, and my manager agreed to let me work weekends for 12 hours, then three 4-hour shifts interspersed through the week, which would equal out to 36 hours which still gets me full-time. Finding somewhere that will agree to this kind of thing is hard, it's much easier to do it when you're already established with someone.
>>
I worked every weekend for 5 years while doing my undergrad. Was still poor as hell the entire time and had no social life but I made it. I worked Friday as well for a while but couldn't do it for my full course.
>>
Hahahaha who are the retards taking online classes thinking they'll get a legit degree that isn't from a diploma mill? Holy fuck you guys got cucked hard.
>>
>>35790898
Did you pay for all of your living expenses?
>>
This bump post is an original bump.
>>
I work like 4 days usually 30 hours
And I take 4 classes. I like it because i don't have friends. It's nice to belong somewhere .I get to keep the money because my parents pay my rent/food etc. I would be watching tv/doing nothing if I wasn't here working. Plus I owe a lawyer money so I gotta. I take classes in the morning. And work into the night.
>>
in 2013 I graduated with a associates in applied science. I worked 25 hours a week while going to school 7am-12pm monday-friday for 2 years. It was absolutely brutal. However, upon graduation I got a job making 60k a year. I worked there for 1.5 years, and quit because I hate the industry. Now I'm going back for a B.S in IT. I saved up 10k, and am paying for the rest with loans this time around.
>>
>>35790898
I work the weekend shift too, but Friday and Saturday not Sunday. I only have one class on Tuesday Thursday and Friday so it's not too hard to work and go to classes. I skip a lot though
>>
>>35788735
You're going to need some assistance. If you can't afford it on your own, then I honestly would not bother.
>>
>>35791810
I can't work in a warehouse for the rest of my life. My body will give out.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.