[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 is 1984

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: george-orwell.jpg (98KB, 300x417px) Image search: [Google]
george-orwell.jpg
98KB, 300x417px
it took 33 years but we are here, the brave new world.
>>
>>35787900
I'm ok with it because Trump is in office. I'll give up privacy and freedom to keep safe from nigs spics and mudslimes
>>
so which one is it? brave new world or 1984?
>>
>>35787998
its both actually, the only difference is that we live under an invisible fascism which most cant see because people have been given the the illusion of choice and freedom. This is much worse than what Orwell and Huxley had predicted
>>
>>35787998
it's a weird conglomeration of both in which everyone is self-medicated into stupor and spying on each other all the time
i dunno what anyone is hoping to see
>ha ha i fukkin caught marvin jerkin it to shota yesterday
>ha ha but larry said he saw you trying sticking belts up your butt
oh no the shame the shame of it all better get a lifetimes supply of bourbon and oxycontin

or maybe everyone is desperate to catch someone caring about them, as if that will ever happen
hurk hurk better get a lifetime supply of weed and shrooms
>>
>>35787964
Good goyim. Give up your rights to the zionists
>>
What's the answer to 1984? 1776
>>
File: goback.jpg (37KB, 599x314px) Image search: [Google]
goback.jpg
37KB, 599x314px
Brave new world is shit, we have to go back
>>
We live in a special kind of antiutopia.
>>
>>35788203
Scientific dictatorship/rule of the ai.
>>
Aldous Huxley, writing shortly after the 1932 publication of Brave New World,
despaired about the real world significance of one of his novels principal
themes

About 99.5 percent of the entire population of the planet are as stupid and philistine ...as the great masses of the English. The important thing, it seems to me, is not to attack the 99.5 percent ... but to try to see that the 0.5 percent survives, keeps its quality up to the highest possible level, and, if possible, dominates the rest. The imbecility of the 99.5 percent is appalling but after all, what else can you expect?
>>
>>35788173
Trump hates Jews. He even told his daughters not to marry them. Our royal princesses Ivanka and Tiffany would never marry Jews
>>
>>35787998
It's actually Vonnegut's 2081 where the exception are gimped to prevent them for excelling past the retarded.
>>
>>35788442
>when you've dedicated yourself to seeding doubt and despair into the .5%

feels good man
>>
>>35788498
That fits, seeing how Asian-Americans are actually being punished for being too smart.
>>
>>35788506
This is a huge part of /r9k/'s shitposting if you think about it, the real world is even worse for the 0.5% though.
>>
>>35788605
It's cultural not genetic lmao. But seriously we can have too many chinamen at our institues of higher learning cuz we need mo money fo dem basketball programs if you know what I mean. Hej hej hej.
>>
>>35788605
I support affirmative action simply because everyone here hates it. I'm not even going to college but knowing I can ruin some dumb cuck from Michigan's life is all I want
>>
>>35788683
>I support affirmative action simply because everyone here hates it.
This is the most 4chan phrase I've read all week.
>>
>>35787900
So, how is babby's first dystopian literature?
>>
>>35788683
I hope you fucking die, you short-sighted contrarian piece of shit.
>>
The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does.They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted.
>>
>>35787900
>>35788344
>>35788122
Tell me more about invisible fascism and why 2017 is the most facist year since 1939.
>>
ah, the yearly "[current year] is 1984" thread has arrived
>>
File: 1468064428990.png (2MB, 1024x644px) Image search: [Google]
1468064428990.png
2MB, 1024x644px
>>35787900
>back in the 1950s this man actually predicted how the modern western world would turn out
We should have listened to him
>>
>>35788718
That's such a stupid thing to say. You might as well say you hope I eat tonight or drink water
>>
>>35788781
The illusion of choice
The illusion of democracy
The illusion of seperation
The illusion of human progress; culturally, scientifically and technologically
>>
>>35788852
I hope you die alone and in agony, filled with fear, shame, and regret. I hope this occurs in the very near future and I hope it happens in a way that robs you of whatever iota of dignity you still cling too.

I didn't realize I was required to make my "fuck you"s so pedantic.
>>
>>35789053
That stuff is nothing new though. It's part of living on earth that you don't get a say in anything and everything is shit.
>>
>>35789088
thats invisible fascism you imbecile. This has been going rampant since mid 20th century
>>
>>35789063
Good now here's your you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC_wjQtfhZQ
>>
>>35789242
>Zomg! Democracy is a sham and we're all subjects to consolidated capital
Wow, now I'm woke. I be sure to protest the war in Iraq and donate to the Bernie Bunch after I cop that new RTJ on the way back from ten thousand villages
>>
>>35787900
Shut up faggot or we are gonna shove an iron heel up to your rectum and then set you on fire at 250,556 Celsius degrees
>>
>>35789610
thats the first layer of the onion. You should now watch September clues
>>
>>35789646
>September clues
what a good fascist you are you fuck boy
>>
>>35789763
I was joking about how entry level of a red pill that was.
>>
>>35787900

Not sure if you're trying to trigger me or not but:

Why the fuck are you inserting an orwell pic, brave new world, 1984 mixed "tut-tut" post?

Like, do you mean we are amusing ourselves to death as according to the plans or neo-liberal overlords, in full and willing cooperation or are we the plebs of a giant dystopian state run on witchhunts over ideological purity and constant war? Or are you just trying to sound cool because you know one can easily cluck and wave ones hands and prove, via some picked examples, that we already exist in one or the other?
>>
>>35789956
Chill out, Magilla Gorilla.
>>
File: c9c.jpg (42KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
c9c.jpg
42KB, 500x376px
>>35787900
OY VEY THE GOY KNOWS, SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>35788122
>invisible fascism
We live in an invisible ethno-nationalist corporatist autocracy? Who is Ill Duce
>>
>>35787900
Nah bro, it's more akin to Brave New World. There are elements of both, but we definitely are living the degenerate "orgy-porgy" culture described by Huxley.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.