[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/stupid/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13

The board is bullshit as always, let's get a /stupid/ general going. Talk about your struggles with everyday life and the sense of wonder and amazement at things that you will never understand.

I'll get started

>didn't know how to tie my shoes until I was like 12. Kids made fun of me for still wearing velcro shoes so my mom "helped" by getting me these elastic curly autism magnet shoelaces, pic related, and they were a bright neon orange.

>did not know how to ride a bike until I was 13. The fact that something could stand upright on only a couple of skinny wheels still seems physically impossible to me.

>didn't know how to fucking read the time on an analog clock until I was about 14

>couldn't name the months of the year until I was about 15

>continued...
>>
File: pp.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>35787778
>after our first classes of sex ed, I thought that girls' vaginas were always gaping open and see-through like in the drawings and diagrams. Like you could see their fallopian tubes and everything. Also that their asshole was involved in reproduction because it was always pointed out in those drawings.

>Had music classes for about 11 years of schooling, even got A+s in high school - not once learned how to read sheet music

>Did not know how to cook for myself until I was about 23, nearly 10 years later and it's still a trial and process error. Sometimes I'll have the heat on way too high and be confused as to why the oil is exploding off the pan and everything gets sticky and burnt. Other times I'll pour a mountain of a certain spice into my food and wonder why it tastes so bad.

>Did not know how to do laundry until I was 28. I knew nothing about separating colors and white and what type of detergents to use and where it goes in the machine. Even to this day I struggle with separating my clothes.

>Thought I was a computer genius after I got 95% on a basic html class at community college. I enrolled in a web design program and felt like crying once we got into CSS, I barely made it past the photoshop classes before dropping out.

>until a couple of years ago, thought that CPU was just shorthand for "computer"

>completely forgot how to properly speak and write my native language even though I still use it at home

>cont
>>
File: wut.jpg (30KB, 470x698px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
30KB, 470x698px
>>35787805
>forgot all of my country's history

>forgot how algebra works

>forgot everything about geometry

>all of high school and college is pretty much gone from my memory

>have a hard time just counting things, like if there's a series of identical numbers like 0000000 I have to re-count them 3 or 4 times to make sure

>don't know how my country's political system works

>economics are just magic

>I can't read anything longer than a sentence, otherwise I start skipping words and lines and bouncing back and forth

>had to look up solutions to every single level of the game Portal

>the puzzles in Skyrim are enough to make my head spin.

>would routinely score in my team's goal when I played sports or was in gym class back in high school.

anyone else /stupid/?
>>
File: to intelligent.jpg (9KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
to intelligent.jpg
9KB, 221x228px
>tfw r9k is too intelligant to post in the /stupid/ thread
>>
File: 1489288070429.jpg (70KB, 617x639px) Image search: [Google]
1489288070429.jpg
70KB, 617x639px
>>35788004
Sounds like you have dyslexia friendo
>>
>>35788304
Why's that?

I never mumble my words or mix them, you mean the thing with the numbers?

I think I just have a shitty spatial awareness, which is why I was never good at sports cause you have to be aware of where the ball is, where the other people are, where your own body is, etc.
>>
>>35788004
Where do you live? Maybe someone can help you learn the general gist of your country.
>>
>>35788394
Numbers, reading and months. I still have problems remembering months and idk all of them in order.
>>
>>35787778
I can still barely read the tome on an analog clock.
I can't do any math past addition and subtraction, I couldn't memorize my times tables, I graduated high school at 22 and didn't learn to cook until I was 19.
>>
>couldn't name the months of the year until I was about 15
Jesus Christ, this so much
>>
>>35788441
....I'd rather not say

I mean I'm sure I could just look at the wikipedia page for my country's history and political system, but then I'll immediately do that thing of skipping words and lines. Although I gotta say that wikipedia is nicely formatted and helps idiots like me follow along with smaller paragraphs and more pictures and stuff.

I also have a thing where if I don't really enjoy something 100%, I can't fucking focus on it whatsoever.
>>
>>35788524
>I'd rather not say

Why?
>>
>>35788496
>I can still barely read the tome on an analog clock.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

One of the most confusing things was when people would tell me the time, but then they would speak in fraction which is already not a strong point of mine.

>it's a quarter to 3

Like what the fuck are these people saying speaking in math riddles trying to keep the time a secret, a quarter of what? It took me forever to figure that out
>>
>>35788600
to me "quarter to three" sounds the same as "quarter after three". my brain doesn't register I'm looking for a time that falls during the hour of 2.
>>
>>35788633
In my native language "quarter to three" would be "three hours minus a quarter"

I was constantly fucked up, trying to do math in my head.

Now I can just look at a screen and see what time it is thank god
>>
File: 1488314552606.jpg (26KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488314552606.jpg
26KB, 480x480px
>>35788597
>so stupid he forgets he's completely anonymous
>>
>>35788963
pls no bully I'm just scared that people will be like "haha of course he's from that country that country is so stupid haha" and call me a cuck or something
>>
>32
>still don't know how to tie my shoes

My life has been nothing but failure
>>
>>35789154
You're even dumber for being scared of that happening though, you fragile mouse man
>>
>>35789184
do you just tuck the laces inside your shoes and hope they don't spill out?
>>
File: Ferris4.gif (2MB, 540x652px) Image search: [Google]
Ferris4.gif
2MB, 540x652px
>>35789154
Anon, everyone here is stupid. If anything, >>35789218
is right.

How about you give us some hints? What continent are you in?
>>
>>35788004
I do the exact same things as you do. We're in this together...

I wish r9k had less garbage like the trap and cuck treads and more genuine /feels/ like these.
>>
testing if im not banned anymore
>>
>>35789258
I tie them in a bunch of shitty knots and tuck them in unfortunately my dad was a raging alcoholic and when I didn't learn after the first couple times he refused to teach me
>>
File: 557.jpg (38KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
557.jpg
38KB, 680x793px
>>35789336
IT WORKS!!!!!

originalmente mexicano, i think OP is mexican too
>>
File: 7c6.png (202KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
7c6.png
202KB, 600x700px
>>35789353
Shiiit welcome back, I was looking for that image
>>
>>35789305
>>35789353

North America, yes, but I'm not Mexican.

My only hint is "poutine". That should be a dead giveaway actually.
>>
>>35789184
Looks like you're stuck on this Earth for a long fucking time till you learn how to tie a noose.
>>
File: 1489372633026.jpg (83KB, 1375x645px) Image search: [Google]
1489372633026.jpg
83KB, 1375x645px
>>35787778
Foly fuck OP these
>Didn't know how to tie my shoes until I was about 14
>Didn't know how to ride a bike until I was about 9 or 10, then never had nay reason to ride it until I was about 13 and we had to do it in PE. Was really slow and shitty compared to everyone else, got left behind and teacher shouted at me, cried in front of everyone, got left behind again, fell into a muddy puddle, had to go back to school early to change
>Didn't learn how to tell the time until I was like 10, still get confused when looking at the clock somteimes
>Didn't learn the months until a year or two ago, still don't know them super well: forgot May existed just the other day
>Still don't know my times tables
>At secondary school music lessons, fucking everyone knew how to read sheet music and play the keyboard for some reason, I had no fucking idea
>>
>>35789503
I thought you were going to be a poo in loo. Canada's nothing to be embarrassed of, faggy prime minister aside.
>>
>>35789184
are you arthur chu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsMFxpaoGNY
>>
File: quebecer pepe.jpg (160KB, 936x590px) Image search: [Google]
quebecer pepe.jpg
160KB, 936x590px
>>35789537
I'm Quebecer actually and our province tried to separate from the rest of the country a couple of times and people resent the rest of the country, but I don't really care about politics at all, plus I'm too dumb to understand all the social-political nuances
>>
>>35789533
>>Didn't know how to ride a bike until I was about 9 or 10, then never had nay reason to ride it until I was about 13 and we had to do it in PE. Was really slow and shitty compared to everyone else, got left behind and teacher shouted at me, cried in front of everyone, got left behind again, fell into a muddy puddle, had to go back to school early to change

The second half is /feels/ but learning it at 9-ish is pretty good I'd say. Definitely probably later than normies, but out of my group of friends I was actually one of the first ones to learn how to ride a bike. Some of the kids I used to hang out with are now in their 30s and probably still don't know how to ride a bike.

It's one of those things where if you haven't learned it by your teen, you're never going to learn it out of sheer embarassment
>>
>>35789617
I'm going to Quebec next weekend and I have never been there. anything I should know?
>>
File: 1490323262143.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1490323262143.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>35789761
I'm so glad I've learnt now though. I cycle around a lot and it can be a very exhilirating feeling, fast and in control, even if I do still go really slow and clumsily compared to a normie.
>>
>>35789787
Where exactly in Quebec?

In Montreal island you can get by and not have to speak a single word of French, some cities on the island are primarily English.

Outside of the island, the further out you are from Montreal then it gets less English and more French exclusively. Except for like native lands they speak English.

Quebec City is also obviously mostly French but since they have so many tourists all year round mostly everyone there working with the public at least speaks basic English.

Anything specific you want to know?
>>
>>35787778
if you can do most of those things now you improved
>>
>>35789898
I'll be in Montreal, I can speak French though so I could get by either way.

Have you ever been to Hotel De Paris? Google gave it mixed reviews. Also do you know any good restaurants in the Montreal area?
>>
>>35789815
It's decent exercise too. I hate lifting surrounded by the same 4 walls and staring at my skinnyfat ugly reflection in a full body mirror. At least when I'm on a bike I'm exploring new streets and places and it's much more mentally stimulating than doing squats or whatever.

It's really fun, that feeling of climbing up a hill and then going down it feels like complete freedom.

But yeah those dudes with like skin-tight shorts can go ahead and pass me, I'm not nearly as aerodynamic as them.
>>
I still tie my shoes incorrectly.
>>
>>35789925
I've never been there myself, but I know where it is, it's on the intersection of one of the major streets downtown and a side street. It's an older building surrounded by modern high-rise apartment complexes, but the rooms are apparently renovated and modern.

For the price it seems good.

As far as restaurants go, it all depends what you're into. I love Asian and so there are countless sushi & ramen places, a bustling Chinatown, and loads of Vietnamese, Thai & SEA places all along side streets branching off the main downtown area.

I can tell you that if you want weed, just go to the mount royal park in front of the george cartier statue and ask the many very obvious weed dealers
>>
How does electricity work guys? How do electrons cause light and stuff? How can people understand it and create new things using it?
>>
>>35787778
I dont know how to ride a bike and learned how to tie my shoes when i was 11
>>
Reading how smart you guys are compared to me makes me feel like shit
>Until I was 16 I was completely convinced guns fired entire cartridges along with the bullet and was always confused as to how the muzzle doesn't explode with that tiny little hole for exit
>>
>>35790366
my man I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to modern society and technology

How anyone is able to take a picture on their phone and then upload it to their facebook profile using wi-fi is literal magic to me. Even basic stuff like plumbing is a mystery. I have no idea how I'm able to turn a thing and then water just comes out of a tube.

Although I do have a vague idea how old black and white cameras work, where you develp your own photos in a dark room cause that was one of my hobbies at one point.
>>
>>35790549
That reminds me

>Until the age of about 14, thought that wrestling was real and that's how people fought in real life

Of course that's ridiculous

but then

>until the age of 17, thought that people fought like in Jackie Chan and Jean Claude Van Damme movies.

like I could punch someone in the face and their nose would go up in their brain and kill them, or cartwheel and backflip my way around someone trying to stab me.
>>
File: -___-24.png (802KB, 1098x766px) Image search: [Google]
-___-24.png
802KB, 1098x766px
>>35787805
>thought that CPU was just shorthand for "computer"

Welp. There's one for my list. I'm 33. Today i learned what that actually stands for. In your defense and mine, anon, CPU was always the shorthand in vidya for ai controlled opponents in games that could be single or multiplayer or both.

>this year I learned that wood is joined together in a number of different ways other than just sticking one piece to the other and nailing the two together
>also this year i learned how threads are put on to metal and plastic and so on and why that works the way it does so everything fits correctly
>everything involving the mechanics of transmitting data or voice or whatever over cable and fiberoptics is still mad science to me
>if you name any given small or medium sized non-world power country I would have difficulty identifying its location on a world map. I MIGHT be able to say which continent it goes on... maybe
>>
>>35790366

I still don't understand how eletricity is stored at power plant and then sent out to houses. I know you use various ways to spin turbines and that creates electricity, then ???, then power lines, then ???, power to houses.
>>
>>35787778
how about /dumb parents/ ?

>we had ants come into the house more than once, dozens of them, some of them all the way up to our bedrooms. Dad said that they were coming into our house by jumping onto our shoes.

>Dad tried to wash the dishes once, he used floor cleaners and probably nearly killed us all

>Dad bought wi-fi and pays for it every month, he has no idea what it is or how to use it.

>Mom can't tell the difference between Facebook and her e-mail account.

>Both my parents are unable to follow a recipe when they're trying to cook or bake something

>My mom is unable to use a microwave properly, to the point where she's started a few fires in it microwave, and doesn't know the difference between the broil and bake settings on an oven
>>
>>35790838
>>if you name any given small or medium sized non-world power country I would have difficulty identifying its location on a world map. I MIGHT be able to say which continent it goes on... maybe

I think that's common sense... or common ignorance really. Even world-powers like Germany I might mistakenly point at France instead or whatever other countries are around there.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.