[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the modern male more miserable and unhappy than ever?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: 1404411150534.jpg (437KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1404411150534.jpg
437KB, 1280x960px
Why is the modern male more miserable and unhappy than ever?
>>
Because our technological advances and political notions have pushed us away from natural and successful policies that work with human evolution and biology, rather than against it. The political dialogue of the last few centuries has focused on equality and individualism, never mind the social landscape on which that individual finds himself.

Women have achieved immense political power under the guise of equality, ignoring that they already had such power to begin with. With equal representation in the workforce, labor is devalued and inflated, increasingly necessitating dual income households. With the decline in the family and rise in divorce, children are increasingly raised without proper guidance and emotional support, and often seek to fill the void in some self-destructive way.

Technology has allowed us to fill the gaps over distance, but has increased the emotional distance between individuals. No longer is it the mark of a common man to have a few close friends, now there must be many acquaintances. In terms of socialization we've exchanged depth for breadth. Alongside this, the carefully polished veneer of social media allows false personas and identities to take center stage. The once exceptional has become the normal, and it's a constant battle to live up to it, one that we are doomed to lose.

The hearts of modern people are empty, filled only with cynicism, and we're right to be cynical. Everything that we see and we strive towards is a facade. The model lives that we see daily are nothing but smoke and mirrors, and it has made us incapable of love and trust towards our fellow man.

Our politics have robbed us of our purpose and our places in this world. Our technologies have driven us apart.
>>
>>35787158
>>35787415
most people do this in the shower instead of posting it on the internet, OP
>>
>>35787415
basically the system is the antichrist
>>
>>35787158
I personally think it's because the internet has brought everyone together and let you have a more accurate than before birdseye view of humanity.

The result of this for me was it shows me, inarguably, that I'm not needed or the work required for me to be needed in an objective manner.

In the past people could quite easily fill themselves with shit about why they were a needed village carpenter or something but now one google or one youtube video shows me just how shit I am on the ladder of human mediocrity.

Basically before we could all pretend we were snowflake individuals, or just feel it, but now we have to face that most of us don't need to be here.

It's even more advanced than that, now I think about it, that was true of 2000 to 2010, now in 2010 onwards it' about being the guy who makes a machine that can make all of the carpenters obsolete and not just one making the other obsolete.
>>
>>35787415
I don't blame women, I blame women and men of the past for giving birth on the side of social and economic cliffs then asking the infants if they have a death wish. The real problem is that in our neet/wageslave society men cannot function. We were never meant to do brainless labor and those that did usually were compensated to the point that they could go out and explore or do anything else with their lives other than work. Women on the other hand, obviously generalizing, are pretty content with either being a neet (they've been housewives for tens of thousands of years) or working simple jobs because those usually involve some level of social interaction.

Can't wait for the suicide meme to start. A bunch of men off themselves having a snowball effect on the rest of the population and that's when shit will really go down. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_suicide#Examples
Not to mention the behavioral sink. We're socially and economically overcrowded and overpopulated in most of the world. Smaller societies with occasional cities were our prime.
>>
>>35787604
It's probably not gonna happen like that. The vastly lowered emphasis on stable family life in western civilization is going to pave the way for increasingly regressive and barbaric cultures to move in and displace the native people. This is what's going on in Europe now, with birthrates well below replacement levels.

From this point forward, there really is only two possible paths for these countries: either continue down the path of self-destruction, or make incredibly draconian changes akin to fascism in order to grant the native culture enough power to preserve itself.
>>
>>35787695
expect a divine intervention soon
>>
Life sucks and has sucked for the vast majority of men in every generation. The internet has shown us humanities true colors. Men are disposable. Women in the west are living a life that a man could only dream of.
>>
We're not though.

We're living in Huxley's BNW with video games.
>>
>>35787743
2017 is 1984
>>
>>35787695
Well that's what I meant with shit going down. It probably won't be for the better. Not to mention that there will 10 billion people on the planet in 2030 and climate change is almost exponentially worsened by population. It's like a forest fire. The more dry brush that builds up from firefighters not letting nature take it's course the bigger the inevitable blaze and the more damage it will do.
>>
>>35787743
But people in Huxley's world were miserable, otherwise they wouldn't need to drug themselves into happiness.
>>
File: red.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
red.webm
2MB, 640x640px
The liberation of women has made mates less easy to find for the average man /thread
>>
>>35787765

The pizza party deep state is sickening, I just hope that they have their own form of justice within the state.

I never really wanted to revolt, only to fit in and have the normal Hollywood dream life.
>>
>>35787812

They got by though, with drugs and feeler movies much like we do.
>>
File: 1485538271411.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485538271411.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>>35787813
>that webm

There's so much I'll never experience. It physically pains be to see shit like this
>>
File: 2996488-red+sonja+1.jpg (611KB, 1073x1650px) Image search: [Google]
2996488-red+sonja+1.jpg
611KB, 1073x1650px
>>35787979
>>35787813
I can't imagine how much of a ego boost it is to experience something like this. Knowing you have fucking Red Sonja slobbering over your cock and liking it.
>>
>>35787158
>Why is the modern male more miserable and unhappy than ever?
I'd be more unhappy if I had to work in a factory without safety regulations/worrying about war drafts
If the people on /r9k/ were born in any other time the majority would've been killed somehow by 25
>>
>>35787979

Some guy gets that every night on tap, and for guys like us? Years of nothing. Fuck this life man I swear to god, I might as well just do heroin.
>>
File: 1458690919666.jpg (24KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1458690919666.jpg
24KB, 472x472px
>>35787158
>The american job economy is going to shit, you need tons of experience on top of a college degree to get anything, and even then it's not guaranteed unless you know someone
>Things are getting worse politically, even more scandals
>One of the current best ways for correspondents to get the attention of our president is through fucking twitter
>Banks finally getting called out for their shady as fuck practices, just look at what happened to the Wells Fargo CEO
>Things like false rape accusations are causing men to be afraid to even connect with others due to being held accountable for something they did months or years ago just because some cunt changed their mind or feels guilty
>Depictions of hilariously inaccurate things in media, causing cultural shifts that big companies are using to make a profit off of another generation of insecure men and women
>Shit like twitter and facebook keeps us connected but distant at the same time
>Things are getting increasingly expensive as the boomer generation is getting ready to die out, people are freaking the fuck out about healthcare as a result
>Shortage of doctors, nurses and nursing assistants to help with the massive influx of boomers dying off, some places literally don't have enough beds as a result and it's only going to get worse
>Everyone has to be extra careful these days because everyone is so fucking sue-happy
>All this crazy shit happening in Europe
>Bat shit crazy feminists calling for genocide of the white race, and pussy whipped beta men get roped into it thinking their opinion matters
>>
>>35787158
>implying that the average person is a NEET cock loving faggot.

Maybe the average white person, probably.
>>
>>35787158
Are they? Looking at global suicide rates, there seems to be the following common pattern:

The lowest suicides rates are in strongly religious countries, usually Muslim where suicide is strongly frowned upon and will never be reported as such.

Then comes western countries, sorted roughly by sunlight exposure.

Then comes poor non-Muslim countries.

Then comes a couple outliers, mostly Asian countries with cultural tendencies towards suicide.

Based on this, I don't buy this idea that modern living makes people unhappier than subsistence third world living, which a lot of people seem to peddle when talking about what ails the "modern" man. On a large timescale what ails the "modern" man is a lack of sunlight and, if he lives in some parts of Asia, honor culture.

If you mean a smaller scale "modern", i.e. over the last century, the answer is pretty simple. Economic downturn, rising hours for static or decreasing pay, disproportionate property prices, rising economic inequality and falling social mobility and so on. The death throes of a capitalism system being stripped bare by globalism, mechanization and capitalism's inevitable tendency towards inequality.
>>
>>35788050
>That improbable arrow
That's fucking hilarious.
>>
File: tfw pol and x.png (2MB, 1426x808px) Image search: [Google]
tfw pol and x.png
2MB, 1426x808px
>>35788157
Whenever I'm down I remember these things and realize I'm already a part of this crazy ride. Kinda comfy t b h
>>
>>35787158

No, it's white men. Black and brown men are worshipped and are supported and loved by the community and will be helped until they succeed. White men are punished and society wants them to fail. That's why the vast majority of white men are losers that play video games and are virgins into their late teens and twenties.

The west is imploding and hates itself so white men are treated like garbage.
>>
>>35787813
Is there any actual basis for this?
Last I checked the percentage of people getting married at least once was sitting around 95%, a significant percentage of the reminder is likely marriage-savvy couples. Meanwhile looking at antiquity, it's well known that the ratio of men to women in our ancestry is 1:2, in other words, in times past half the men didn't manage to breed (admittedly this could be largely from prehistory, I can't find good information on which periods of human history contribute most to this, if it's even determinable). This, coupled with the fact that most of the users on this board are Americans, who have access to global dating (read: Asians) their ancestors could only have dreamed of, means I have a hard time believing finding a partner has gotten more difficult. If anything, it looks like it's gotten easier.

Personal experience would also suggest that almost nobody has trouble finding a girlfriend outside of this board. I have met people who were experiencing long term tfw no gf but they were all very socially inept autistic people. I don't think I've met a single long term loner who struck me as "well adjusted". I myself am a 5'7 skeletal literal autist who, according to this board, should be doomed to a life alone and is in a long term relationship. Where are you people getting this from?
>>
>>35787158
Women are unhappy, we men as the natural empathy barometers for women feel unhappy too.
>>
>>35787158
White en are being taken down from their throne. Trump is just here to serve as an excuse. You deserve because You colonized every country and you had slaves time for payback
>>
>>35788622
>Black and brown men are worshipped and are supported and loved by the community and will be helped until they succeed.

ha ha ha
it's like bizarro reality
a few barely noteworthy monetary handholds and scattered diversity obligations don't really count for shit at the end of the day
>>
File: 1481926023995.png (119KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
1481926023995.png
119KB, 400x278px
>>35788769
>he believes the slaves were real
>>
>>35787579

Nailed my thoughts exactly.

Now you can go online and find people who are younger/smarter/better than you in every way, giving you more insecurities to think about.

Honestly I think that the internet and globalism is a cancer. It didn't start off with bad intentions, just how it went.
>>
>>35787158
Nothing to fight or strive for
>>
>>35787158
Immense inequality when it comes to sexual access. Knowing that my brother, who inherited all of the looks genes, gets his dick sucked on a near-daily basis, while I've had to live my entire life content with a handjob I got when I was 17 makes me frustrated beyond belief.
>>
>>35787813
>>35787979
That webm hurts a lot. Not only because of the act itself (who knows, maybe I will end up marrying someone who decides to settle for me because she found nothing better), but because of how glad that girl is in sucking the guy's cock. I want the look in her eyes more than the actual sex act.
>>
>>35787604

We should commit a mass suicide, like 100s of people in one, this will cause shock since 100s of people commiting suicide in one place will definitely draw the attention of the media. Maybe even ensure that future generations of robots have much better lives than we do.

The ultimate sacrifice.
>>
>>35789519
I've actually put a lot of thought into that. The problem is that it's a really shit came to play since you not only need to rely on the other people killing themselves, but also on the hopes that all the living anons meme the shit out of your death to make it a social contagion. It'd be ideal to find peace by ending your pain knowing that you're helping someone. It'd be the first of it's kind and that alone would give it plenty of media attention.
>>
File: 1472314959181.jpg (66KB, 557x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472314959181.jpg
66KB, 557x480px
>>35787158
>>35787415
>"The fact that other human beings have the same physical rights as me is the reason I can't get ahead in life!"

Or maybe you're just too far gone to function in a sane society.
>>
>>35789666

Nice trips,

Anyway, even if we wouldn't manage to get a lot of people to commit suicide along with ourselves we could just commit rapid acts of suicide in highly populated and popular cities such as new york or london. I was thinking something along the lines of 3 or more people jumping off high rise buildings or just shooting themselves near tourist landmarks.
>>
>>35787415

Everything about that posts strongly suggests that you are in fact an insufferable cunt. And did it ever cross your mind that your general lack of success with work or relationships just might be attributed to the fact that people cannot deal with someone as insufferable as you in any capacity?

Things happen for a reason, Anon. You might want to take that microscope of yours and turn it on yourself rather than trying to blame the rest of the world for your personal failures.
>>
>>35788769
the african tribes sold their own people to the british in exchange for manufactured goods in the late 17th and early 18th century
>>
>>35789688
>>35789873
Why is there the assumption that I'm a failure in my personal and professional life?

Not everyone who doesn't like the system is a basement dwelling fedora tipper. Maybe you should present an argument instead of attacking the source?
>>
>>35789873

Not the same guy as>>35787415 but I agree with him 100%

I am quite successful (earn GBP 75k/year) people enjoy my company, laugh at my jokes etc.
Yet still I never had a gf, never kissed, never had sex at 29. Have tried tinder and the only matches I got were 2/10 fat single mothers that ignored me.

I'm fucking done with this life anon, mainly because of deluded people like you that think life is black and white.
>>
>>35789688
le ad hominem meme
>>
>>35787158
we aren't. Less resource scarcity has allowed us to recognize problems that would have been suppressed as being secondary in past centuries.
>>
>>35788622
>Black and brown men are worshipped and are supported and loved by the community and will be helped until they succeed.
You do realize most of that is just lip service, right? Try leaving your bedroom and pay attention to what you actually see.
>>
>>35789910
>Why is there the assumption that I'm a failure in my personal and professional life?

Motherfucker, this is /r9k/. No happy, well-adjusted or otherwise successful individual would waste their time shitposting on a Cantonese cartoon board.

I'm a miserable fuck-up, but I don't go and espouse some utterly retarded and overly contrived conspiracy theory about how the world is just conveniently set up to ensure my failure.
>>
>>35789734
I guess satan approves of my plan eh? What we could do is pairs to protest the fact that so many people are alone and without a long term mate. I like the idea of densely populated locations, but it'd be ideal if we could get people from around the world to do it simultaneously. I suspect there will be huge backlash initially. We'll be called selfish, ungrateful, and lazy and living robots will probably have to deal with parents freaking the fuck out that their kid could be next, which could be bad or good. The main point is we need this to become an organic idea. People have to want to defend us and unite behind the idea that the world is not okay. The problem is most of us are ignored and even amongst ourselves we entrench ourselves in distractions to take away from the monotonous flow of a stagnant life. I'm scared as hell to kill myself though so I never set any of this into motion because why ask someone to do something I wouldn't do? I'd keep the fight up, but the initial sacrifice would be the most important role.
>>
>>35788883
>implying the opposite is true, though

Reminder western countries do not have oppressive laws which are discriminatory to minorities, and have actively worked against that for over a hundred years
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.