[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A message for those in their late teens and early twenties,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hQyVxwv.jpg (159KB, 640x648px) Image search: [Google]
hQyVxwv.jpg
159KB, 640x648px
When I was 17, I went through a life crisis. I, for the first time, was finally conscious of my mortality and the passage of time. I watched as the months on the calendar went by, and I was coming closer to my end. As a kid, I always thought that death or even old age was something that was far from me, and I didn't have to worry about, but sometime after turning 17 I finally realised a disturbing truth.

I'm getting old!

This might seem odd to you older browsers, but turning from your mid teens to late teens can be a difficult time for an adolescence. I went into a spiral of depression and really wanted to become 16 again, for some reason I liked that age and wished I could go back.

This went on for a couple of months until just last year when I turned 18 I was looking through the internet, and I saw this kid who was having his 17th birthday and after seeing that it gave me a realisation that I will explain in the next paragraph.

To all the 18 year olds that felt old like myself think of it this way. If you think you're old now, you've got to grateful that you're even this age. Let's say you're 18 now imagine being 19 and wishing you were 18 again. It's gonna happen. When I started thinking like that, I finally realised that in fact, I wasn't old, but instead, I was still young. It's all about being grateful of the now and not worrying about the future because even when you're older, you're gonna think back to your current age and wish you were back to this age. But this doesn't just go for people in their late teens but all people, yes even if you're 50+ because you're living in a time that future you will look back and wish he/she was there.

You're all still young!
>>
SAVE ME A PIECE OF THAT CORN!

SAVE ME A PIECE OF THAT CORN FOR LATTER!
>>
Nigga nigga nigga nigga
Im 100 percent nigga!

Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga
Im 200 percent nigga jesus christ
>>
>>35786044
>>35786049
Are these bumps? If so thanks!
>>
I never care how old i have gotten
>>
>>35786152
Lucky you. I think my main problem now is just doing something cool I can look back on before I turn 20 so I don't feel as though I've entirely wasted my youth ya know.
>>
>>35786212
Are you a grill?

Comment was not original
>>
>>35786267
Im a dude why did you ask?
>>
>>35786333
Exhibit A. You said "Lucky you" This saying seems more common among girls

Exhibit B. A lot of people have the problem you describe but you communicated it in a way a girl would

Exhibit C. Sounding generally positive usually girls on /r9k/ are more positive about this board than males
>>
File: 1484190912905.jpg (79KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1484190912905.jpg
79KB, 470x470px
>>35786016
>You will never be 16 ever again

It sucks because that was the best year of my entire life, youth aside.

I know the only reason it was good was because I lifted weights, and I played video games for 2 days straight with no complaints.

I'll never get that back now that I'm 20.

I can start weight lifting again, but I'll never watch all of that top tier anime and play all of those god tier video games for the first time ever again.
>>
>>35786412
Nice.

>>35786549
IKTF.

Check out this thread I made it might help

>>35506388
>>
I turned 18 fairly recently, and I'm considering suicide after senior year or high school ends.

What are you doing? Did you deal with the same problem?
>>
>>35786683
You're still going to be lonely even with a gf robot. You just find someone to be lonely with. Plus you will be depressed about different things. You might even get depressed because you miss being alone and how wise it made you or you feel like you're losing love for your gf. You might start complaining about your gf to your friends shit like that

I wouldn't call that love anon. You were just immersed in the feeling of love being immersed makes you forget about a lot of feelings. I've had a gf and I have a girl I talk to who likes me but I'm not immersed. It fades away. Not the love but that immersion
>>
>>35786875
I never graduated high school. I dropped out and got GED but that is the only time I felt like genuinely killing myself
>>
>>35786016
had the same problem. I felt like I didn't do shit in my late teens. Saw too many of those retarded shows where highschhoool kids are living life. It's only recently I started to see I had a pretty cool teenage years. I went to parties, experimented with drugs, hung out with friends almost everyday, everyday etc. now when im in college i can barely do any of that shit because of too much work and school shit
>>
>>35786940
also I'm not OP

This comment is original
>>
>>35786016
>Not haveing a midlife crisis in grade 4 without having any brothers yes this really happened
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.